Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,514 members, 7,850,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? (1796 Views)

This Guy Broke Up With His Abuja Girlfriend & Married A Girl From His Village / Her Lover Of Over Four Years Just Broke Up With Her; Please Advise Her / She Broke Up When I Told Her No Sex Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Cosmass(f): 6:04am On Sep 01, 2010
My boyfriend just broke up with me. Before this, he promised to help me with part of my rent while i add the rest because of situation. Now we are broken up, I don't know if it's wise to still collect part of the money from him or don't. Would that let me lose my pride. I am so hurt.Need advice!
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by hbabe(f): 6:39am On Sep 01, 2010
It will be really embarrassing to collect the money from him but if you have no alternative of raising the money then you have to swallow your pride and try.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 01, 2010
D guy must b a father christmas. Just kiddin. I guess he promise givin u d money b4 d break up? One more u didn't tel us what led 2 him breakin up wit u.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by hbabe(f): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2010
Don't all Naija guys act like they have billions stacked away to use on a lady? Dem bi father Xmas na.
I hope the guy didn't stylishly break up to avoid doling out the promised rent, men can be very funny.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 01, 2010
~~Hey y are u generalisin guys? U beta dnt start wat u can't finish.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Afam4eva(m): 7:18am On Sep 01, 2010
@ OP

I think that's why he broke up with you. Cos you're always collecting money. Have you no shame. How can you be thinking of collecting money from someone that's no longer your BF.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 01, 2010
~~when it comes 2 money,women no de get shame at all o.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by InkedNerd(f): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2010
yorke:

~~when it comes 2 money,women no de get shame at all o.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 01, 2010
@inked-nerd, abi na lie i talk?
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by InkedNerd(f): 7:29am On Sep 01, 2010
Yes
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 01, 2010
*scratchin head*
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by InkedNerd(f): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2010
Scratch am well well. Scratch am till you get to your brain. When you get to your brain you can scratch that too grin
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 01, 2010
~~and does dat suppose 2 mean? *eyes red now*
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by InkedNerd(f): 7:48am On Sep 01, 2010
Eyes red? Do you need Clear Eyes drops from Rite Aide? Why are they red?
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Rooneyboy(m): 7:49am On Sep 01, 2010
I believe ur excessive demands chased ur ex away and u still fail to realise that . I d advice u get the money else where , dont bring direct insults to yourself.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 01, 2010
D are red bcoz of ur comments *eyes coolin down*
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by InkedNerd(f): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2010
I guess you must have used those Clear Eyes drops from Rite Aide eh? Hehehe. My comment didn't do anything to your eyes.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 01, 2010
*coughin n fartin*
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Tinksh(f): 8:08am On Sep 01, 2010
Dont lower your pride to take money from him after he broke up with you. Please!!! He can use that against you. Move on and pay for yourself.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Cosmass(f): 9:29am On Sep 01, 2010
hbabe:

It will be really embarrassing to collect the money from him but if you have no alternative of raising the money then you have to swallow your pride and try.

That's what I thought, he promised to still give by the end of the week and i have no alternative. I have some of the money and he was just adding little to complete.

yorke:

D guy must b a father christmas. Just kiddin. I guess he promise givin u d money b4 d break up? One more u didn't tel us what led 2 him breakin up wit u.
No he was even the one that suggested giving me some of the money for the rent while I add the rent because I lost my job and could not afford where I was staying so instead of offering me his place for the main time, he suggested himself, that he would want to add some money, little while i add the rest. It's not even up to half of my rent. His decision to break up with me as he said had been there on his mind since, that prefers someone not more than 7 years his junior. I am 23, he is 33. That the age gap is 2 digits, he has been trying all these while because he loves me but what if I meet someone else and leave him. And even compared his brother getting married to a younger woman and she left him. I tried all I could to tell him, that I loved him.
Age was just a number, I might not have achieved a lot but I am willing to work with him to settle and a woman leaving has nothing to do with her age but her as an individual. But all to no avail. He was suggesting he wants us to be friends, that he was hurt too and would still give the money by the end of the week.
That was what led to the break up.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Cosmass(f): 9:34am On Sep 01, 2010
Tink_sh:

Dont lower your pride to take money from him after he broke up with you. Please!!! He can use that against you. Move on and pay for yourself.

I'm trying to, but I just lost my job and I am paying more than half, he just promised to add little to add up for me to ease.

Rooneyboy:

I believe your excessive demands chased your ex away and u still fail to realise that . I d advice u get the money else where , dont bring direct insults to yourself.

What excessive demands? He was the one that used his mouth to suggest adding less than half of my rent money to help me ease my situation. Never suggested it. The break up had to do with a different situation.

afam4eva:

@ OP

I think that's why he broke up with you. Cos you're always collecting money. Have you no shame. How can you be thinking of collecting money from someone that's no longer your BF.

Please read the reason why we broke up.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 01, 2010
If he offers, accept.
Don't bother to ask till he offers.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Ournaija: 9:48am On Sep 01, 2010
Tink_sh:

I dont think it`s a pride thing. She needs an excuse to collect the money.

@poster
What led to your break up?
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Cosmass(f): 9:48am On Sep 01, 2010
BlueDiva:

If he offers, accept.
Don't bother to ask till he offers.

Yes he offered himself. I did not ask him. Just worried that it might reduce my pride though I have no other alternative and I'd rather have preferred to walk away and heal very well.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Cosmass(f): 9:49am On Sep 01, 2010
Ournaija:

I dont think it`s a pride thing. She needs an excuse to collect the money.

@poster
What led to your break up?

No he was even the one that suggested giving me some of the money for the rent while I add the rent because I lost my job and could not afford where I was staying so instead of offering me his place for the main time, he suggested himself, that he would want to add some money, little while i add the rest. It's not even up to half of my rent. His decision to break up with me as he said had been there on his mind since, that prefers someone not more than 7 years his junior. I am 23, he is 33. That the age gap is 2 digits, he has been trying all these while because he loves me but what if I meet someone else and leave him. And even compared his brother getting married to a younger woman and she left him. I tried all I could to tell him, that I loved him.
Age was just a number, I might not have achieved a lot but I am willing to work with him to settle and a woman leaving has nothing to do with her age but her as an individual. But all to no avail. He was suggesting he wants us to be friends, that he was hurt too and would still give the money by the end of the week.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 01, 2010
Cosmass:

Yes he offered himself. I did not ask him. Just worried that it might reduce my pride though I have no other alternative and I'd rather have preferred to walk away and heal very well.

I understand how you feel.
It will only reduce your pride if you go asking. As long as he's willing to give you himself, your pride stays intact.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Madukaele(m): 10:22am On Sep 01, 2010
what does pride got to do with dis. poster, if he offers take it, if u dont u are childish. GUYS REASON BEFORE U COMMENT. is not like he cheated on u which lead to the break up.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Ournaija: 10:41am On Sep 01, 2010
Cosmass:

If the above is true then take the money when he come with but never you ask him.

He may still come back coz the above reason isn`t enough for a break up
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Moralistli(m): 11:06am On Sep 01, 2010
Test of time, I guess this is anoda reason y gurls so much believe in havin a spare tyre,,,, Anyway, collect d bulks nd solve ur immediate prob,
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2010
pls collect the money jor!i get where you are comin from but you need the money dnt you?
What you dont need rt now in your situation is the pride.
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by babyme1(f): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2010
If he brings the money to you himself then collect it.

I see him coming back to reconcile with you in the near future
Re: My BF Just Broke Up With Me. Should I Still Take D Money From Him & Be Friends? by sexylogan(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ Poster: I stil don't see y u two broke up. If he's stil offerin' u the money,by all means pls collect it. Seems to that u guys wont be seperated for long.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Girls Stab Each Other While Fighting Over A Man / Know Your Worth / Why You Shouldn't Be A Shy Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.