Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear (19882 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

There is no logical connection between the post and your response!!!!! This is why I said most liberals today dont think logically but emotionally.Liberalism is a good thing and we wont be we are today without it. But the so called liberals today are mostly confused people. Apology if you are offended it is just my opinion. You can see people supporting bill in US to kill an infant and these same people preach freedom. Where is the freedom if an infant can be killed on the order of the mother. Doesn't the infant have the right to live as well?

Don't tell me about what I know I am currently at one of the largest concentration camp during the war.

you made reference to the jews didn't you?

And I gave you a response based on that and you are talking whatever

Hitler dealt with them, yes he did

Some fled to America and eastern Europe

but despite that, Germany still is home to one of the biggest Jewish communities

Simple

If a Hitler rises up in the country my descendents are,, they can decide to flee elsewhere or stay to face the music

They don't have to "run back to Africa" as you are saying

if you don't get my point, I really have nothing to say again

Punk ass conservative like you tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Lionofdjungle: 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
Onyi22:
Thank you my sister, after all is a free world...
It is truly a free world � but if you wear a provocative dress, you will be harassed.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by tete7000(m): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
francescainnoce:
I don’t quite agree with this woman. Many things she says, I don’t follow at all.
There’s a very tin but crystal clear lines between morality, and, freedom.
I understand with the women’s right to things as human; if that’s what she’s advocating for, fine.
But she shouldn’t just open her mouth and say things just to remain relevant.
No need to pull crowd, with irrelevant stance and border line view.
We have cultural morals and we have social norms, as African, we have standard of living and they have served us all our lives. Don’t tell my girl to wear what she wants just to prove she can exercise her freedom. Who is fighting her for her freedom??
Why do I feel that Chimamanda is raising fighters against no enemy or is she raising them against unforeseen circumstances?
Teach our young women to be hardworking, goal driven, determined, pacesetters, women of vision, women on a mission, strong women, resilient, dependable, consistent and constant women.
Teach our ladies and women to be FEMALES WHO STAYS. Stay in their homes, in their success path, in their academics, in their career pursuit, and so on.
I may be wrong and I stand to be corrected but the real victims of social injustice, abuse, and many more are in war-torn countries. There crazy things happens and girl-child are victimised every second.
All these feminist and their leader should head towards there and fight a good fight.

Many of these modern day freedom fighters are sick. They really don't even know the meaning of what they say, they just simply open their mouth to talk and remain relevant...

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by nwaigbo777(m): 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2019
let her start wearing pant,, change begins wit her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 4:14pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

but despite that, Germany still is home to one of the biggest Jewish communities

Simple

If a Hitler rises up in the country my descendents are,, they can decide to flee elsewhere or stay to face the music

Smh!!!!

Ugochockwu when are you gonna get this into your skull.Lol!!! There is no point arguing about it as that was not the basis of the post. Now the so called the jews you are shouting knew so well that there is no place like home hence the establishment of the state of israel in 1948. With the establishment of the state of isreal they are able to defend themselves and defence was the major reason for the creation of the state of israel from the political point of views.

My generation will flew here and there and you are not ashame black people are laughing stock all over the world because we fail to provide the basic necessity of life for ourselves but rather run to europe or elsewhere. This is same thing you are planning for your generation. Smh!!! I honestly do not blame you because we all fail in this regards. But should it continue? Let that generation be able to say I am a proud black man and i am proud of Africa. As it is nothing to be proud of in Africa.

Ugochukwu the boy from Igboland there is nothing that can change that you are fucking a blackman from a sh*thole continent. let's fix the sh*thole or cementry like putin said. Lol!!!

If you are rejected in Europe where will you go?? Asia, those ones will waste you do you see any of them taking in blacks? Are you from Uturu or where in Igboland. Let's fucking go fix that place and the rest of the country so our generation can be proud do not sell them into slavery.

Be warned Ugochukwu the boy from Igboland claiming European. I laugh at people like you trying to do all sort of things just to act or look white.Lol.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by AZeD1(m): 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

1.What is this one saying??I know that is where you will result to. Please tell us any company you know that do not pay women equally.Mind you over 60% of people in HR are women so who is cheating women in this regards?? I have worked in several places and I have never seen where women earn less than men doing same things. Where do you work and do women earn less?? Sometimes we might be doing same things and I am more experience than you are, shouldn't that be considered in the pay too? Ofcourse it is possible some companies do it but all in all it is exaggerated to cause division by the globalists for reason best known to them. Give your answers with facts not emotion or hearsay please.
2. Keep deceiving yourself. Name the top best programmers or engineers in the world who have changed the world through engineering or programming. The fact that at an angry customer react differently to a female customer service officer already give her advantage over you and most likely going to be a better than you as a man.
3. I dont know what to tell you here you can keep deceiving yourself.

You can vomit another rubbish again i wont reply you if you do not support you opinion with facts. I am a very realistic person driven by facts and data not emotion. You will even say men are not better in the military than women. I have seen a woman military officer acknowledging men are better in this field but for you she is saying rubbish. Dude put your emotion one side and analyse the issue with facts and statistics.

People that separated men and women in sports they are confused according to you. Keep deceiving yourself!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1) https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/apple-conde-nast-and-ryanair-among-companies-with-the-gender-pay-gaps.html examples of companies with pay disparity.
Also if you think Equal pay is based on gender, I'll say you are clueless but I am in a good mood, so i'll educate you.
Equal pay for equal means paying people the same thing for doing the same job. In Nigeria, most companies(Banks, Oil companies ) do not pay contract staff the same amount they pay their regular staff even though they do the same job. That's unfair. If two people do the same thing, they should be rewarded the same.

2) The first programmer was a woman.
The first complier was designed by a woman.
The computer program that took man to the moon was written by a woman.
Liskov Substitution( the L in SOLID) is named after a woman..

PS: Don't bother to reply because you are clueless:
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Adakintroy: 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
The real problem with our world to is misrepresentation or misunderstanding. I saw this version of African voice on CNN. This representation is not even close to the context from which she made that statement. It wasnt a brashmilitant pose of affront against socio cultural norm value or standard.

The line of thought, was her earlier experience as a writer and her publishing experience. How publisher wanted to set the tone for her work, rather than allow her determine things for herself. She talk about how she persevere through it and how she finally got her big break. It was from this context she advice women to be themselves and develope self confidence as regard even their choice outfits. She was actually advicing women not to allow the overbearing nature of modern fashion to determine their taste or choice. Rather go for what they naturally judge as confortable wether it's overly simple. The tone was modesty and simplicity.

I cannot blame the op here. The caption was neutral enough. Rather I blame the prevailing minds of Nigerians all together. Once we adopt a point view mass, all critical thinking stop.

Go and watch the interview and judge for yourself.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

Smh!!!!

Ugochockwu when are you gonna get this into your skull.Lol!!! There is no point arguing about it as that was not the basis of the post. Now the so called the jews you are shouting knew so well that there is no place like home hence the establishment of the state of israel in 1948. With the establishment of the state of isreal they are able to defend themselves and defence was the major reason for the creation of the state of israel from the political point of views.

My generation will flew here and there and you are not ashame black people are laughing stock all over the world because we fail to provide the basic necessity of life for ourselves but rather run to europe or elsewhere. This is same thing you are planning for your generation. Smh!!! I honestly do not blame you because we all fail in this regards. But should it continue? Let that generation be able to say I am a proud black man and i am proud of Africa. As it is nothing to be proud of in Africa.

Ugochukwu the boy from Igboland there is nothing that can change that you are fucking a blackman from a sh*thole continent. let's fix the sh*thole or cementry like putin said. Lol!!!

If you are rejected in Europe where will you go?? Asia, those ones will waste you do you see any of them taking in blacks? Are you from Uturu or where in Igboland. Let's fucking go fix that place and the rest of the country so our generation can be proud do not sell them into slavery.

Be warned Ugochukwu the boy from Igboland claiming European. I laugh at people like you trying to do all sort of things just to act or look white.Lol.

I bu nwafor? tongue

I see yoir point on how we should build our homeland

but then...

like I asked before, how can you build a country when the vast majority are degenerate illiterates, barbaric and have refused change?

At some point in my life, I wanted to be a lecturer, and an academic to help my country
but when I saw what goes on in our so called higher institutions, I weak, and I silently jaapa

So many who tried to change the system either got killed or frustrated

The country people are happy with the state of things, hence their love for failed politicians and tribalism

I don't need to go into details, you know the drill

Black men are designed to destroy each other, And you know it, I know it

that is why it has neen near impossible impossible to achieve anything collective as a pple, unlike Asians and even Hispanic.
Everywhere on earyh black are the bottom AS A GROUP.

our individual successes mean nothing

I have told myself the truth
it's a hopeless situation

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by AZeD1(m): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2019
OdikwaRisky:
Don’t mind this Chimamanda woman
She’s advising young ladies to wear whatever they want but you’d never see her dress indecently
She’s Always nicely and modestly covered up, no fake hair and very light makeup
She should lead by example and wear mini skirt and strapless crop top and heavily painted face smh
I bet if her daughter when she grows dares dress anyhow, she’d chase her back with a broom
This woman should stop confusing young women biko

In which language does "wear whatever you want" translate to dress indecently?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by AZeD1(m): 4:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
francescainnoce:

We have cultural morals and we have social norms, as African, we have standard of living and they have served us all our lives. Don’t tell my girl to wear what she wants just to prove she can exercise her freedom. Who is fighting her for her freedom??
We have morals and Nigeria is one of the most corrupt countries on earth? How is that possible?

Has it ever occurred to you that the "saying wear whatever you want" means girls should be comfortable wearing hijab or those deeper life skirts even though popular opinion is to "slay" and "sexiness" is the prevailing message in the media?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 4:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
AZeD1:

1) https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/apple-conde-nast-and-ryanair-among-companies-with-the-gender-pay-gaps.html examples of companies with pay disparity.
Also if you think Equal pay is based on gender, I'll say you are clueless but I am in a good mood, so i'll educate you.
Equal pay for equal means paying people the same thing for doing the same job. In Nigeria, most companies(Banks, Oil companies ) do not pay contract staff the same amount they pay their regular staff even though they do the same job. That's unfair. If two people do the same thing, they should be rewarded the same.

2) The first programmer was a woman.
The first complier was designed by a woman.
The computer program that took man to the moon was written by a woman.
Liskov Substitution( the L in SOLID) is named after a woman..

PS: Don't bother to reply because you are clueless:

You are the most clueless person I have ever seen. Just look at the bolded and the rubbish you vomited - "In Nigeria, most companies(Banks, Oil companies ) do not pay contract staff the same amount they pay their regular staff even though they do the same job. That's unfair. If two people do the same thing, they should be rewarded the same."

So it is no longer gender game but fairness. Now let me tell you what you dont know the last place i worked before leaving Nigeria I earn more than the person I met there. He is way older than me, experience wise he has it more. But i was smart when negotiating my salary before joining the company - I earned almost 3 times his salary.So because he was not smart enough to know his value i should tell the company to reduce mind too just so be fair to him.Tell me what is fair in life?? Blah blah banks oil companies... ofcourse it is not fair. Tell me what is fair in life? please tell me??

My friend was a contract staff in one of the banks some years ago; he looked at his future with his salary and left for his dear life today he is earning almost what a junior manager earn in a bank and you here wailing to me.

You must be funny to think anything is fair in life. How old are you if I may ask?? You are wailing over fairness in life. Smh!!!!

You quickly wailing about Ada Lovelace but could not answer the rest of my question. Who founded Apple, Twitter, Facebook. Who wrote the C language, C-Sharp, PHP, Fortran.... Out of thousands of developers that have impacted the world positively you wailed about two and you wont allow me to rest.

At your age you are wailing about fairness in life. Smh!!! I feel so sorry for you. This is why i said most of you are confused driven by emotions and not facts.

I do not go this rude with people but you are frustrating me with your lack of ability to analyse things logically.

I am done having this conversation with you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by AZeD1(m): 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

You are the most clueless person I have ever seen. Just look at the bolded and the rubbish you vomited - "In Nigeria, most companies(Banks, Oil companies ) do not pay contract staff the same amount they pay their regular staff even though they do the same job. That's unfair. If two people do the same thing, they should be rewarded the same."

So it is no longer gender game but fairness. Now let me tell you what you dont know the last place i worked before leaving Nigeria I earn more than the person I met there. He is way older than me, experience wise he has it more. But i was smart when negotiating my salary before joining the company - I earned almost 3 times his salary.So because he was not smart enough to know his value i should tell the company to reduce mind too just so be fair to him.Tell me what is fair in life?? Blah blah banks oil companies... ofcourse it is not fair. Tell me what is fair in life? please tell me??

My friend was a contract staff in one of the banks some years ago; he looked at his future with his salary and left for his dear life today he is earning almost what a junior manager earn in a bank and you here wailing to me.

You must be funny to think anything is fair in life. How old are you if I may ask?? You are wailing over fairness in life. Smh!!!!

You quickly wailing about Ada Lovelace but could not answer the rest of my question. Who founded Apple, Twitter, Facebook. Who wrote the C language, C-Sharp, PHP, Fortran.... Out of thousands of developers that have impacted the world positively you wailed about two and you wont allow me to rest.

1) So are you ok with Nigerian politicians putting their kids in CBN/NNPC or whatever the likes?

2) The two most important were done by women..... with Grace Hopper, there's no C# or Fortran.....
PS: A woman was part of the Fortran team.

3) Would you be fine if your boss promoted a lady over you if though you know she's does nothing? Would you say she was smart by using her "bottom" power to negotiate?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

I bu nwafor? tongue

I see yoir point on how we should build our homeland

but then...

like I asked before, how can you build a country when the vast majority are degenerate illiterates, barbaric and have refused change?

At some point in my life, I wanted to be a lecturer, and an academic to help my country
but when I saw what goes on in our so called higher institutions, I weak, and I silently jaapa

So many who tried to change the system either got killed or frustrated

The country people are happy with the state of things, hence their love for failed politicians and tribalism

I don't need to go into details, you know the drill

Black men are designed to destroy each other, And you know it, I know it

that is why it has neen near impossible impossible to achieve anything collective as a pple, unlike Asians and even Hispanic.
Everywhere on earyh black are the bottom AS A GROUP.

our individual successes mean nothing

I have told myself the truth
it's a hopeless situation

Well done Ugo that is my brother there. Nice one!!!

This is kind of conversation I enjoy and I really feel your points my idea is no matter how much we disagree we can always find a common ground if we analyse issue based on facts and not emotions. I study mathematics and I one thing it taught me is that there could be more than one solutions to a problem. So if your answer is x and mine is y it does not mean you are wrong. I just have to see the solution from your point of view not me telling you that you are wrong.

I have to be sincere with you I honestly do not think Nigeria or Africa can be fixed with what I have seen on ground. But the truth is it is still our country. Ugo what can we do to fix it?? i am honestly asking? I swear down i lost faith already in our country. But rejecting our country is not the solution.

Feel you bro even if i do not agree on your point view regarding the basis of our conversation. But you could be right and I may be the wrong one that has always been my stand point in argument. I respect your opinion.

Ugochukwu Naija go better. please do not reject Nigeria. Lol
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2019
AZeD1:

We have morals and Nigeria is one of the most corrupt countries on earth? How is that possible?

Has it ever occurred to you that the "saying wear whatever you want" means girls should be comfortable wearing hijab or those deeper life skirts even though popular opinion is to "slay" and "sexiness" is the prevailing message in the media?

exactly!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
AZeD1:

1) So are you ok with Nigerian politicians putting their kids in CBN/NNPC or whatever the likes?

2) The two most important were done by women..... with Grace Hopper, there's no C# or Fortran.....
PS: A woman was part of the Fortran team.

3) Would you be fine if your boss promoted a lady over you if though you know she's does nothing? Would you say she was smart by using her "bottom" power to negotiate?

Just because you responded kindly this time with some logical thoughts i decide to reply.

1) Bro my father is not a politician either i am Ok with it or not does not solve the problem. It all because of man-know-man system and the truth is everybody is part of the problem. Do not exclude yourself. If your uncle works at NNPC or CBN would you reject to work there if he offers you a position Be sincere with yourself. it is a problem everybody has contribution to fix and not just the leader. Nigeria problems is not basically leadership but we the people but we deceive ourselves a lot.
2) Let not argue this - the facts and statistics are there to analyse this. I am a mathematician and without mathematics there wont even be computer science. And if we start mentioning names you cant stand it. I see your point here is just about emotions. That is my opinion about your thought there.
3)Either I am fine or not - the point is the boss has done what he thinks is right and that is fair to him as well. There is nothing like justice in mathematics - what is fair to you might not be fair to me hence what is fair or not cant be mathematically proven. Do not forget that it is business and it is all about money; what if she is using her bottom to bring in more money by bringing more clients. Why do you banks employ beautiful girls for sales. Some of them dont know anything but they are beautiful and can speak English. So you see nothing is fair in life.

Nothing is fair in life bro try and see the world around you and tell me what is fair.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by AZeD1(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

Just because you responded kindly this time with some logical thoughts i decide to reply.

1) Bro my father is not a politician either i am Ok with it or not does not solve the problem. It all because of man-know-man system and the truth is everybody is part of the problem. Do not exclude yourself. If your uncle works at NNPC or CBN would you reject to work there if he offers you a position Be sincere with yourself. it is a problem everybody has contribution to fix and not just the leader. Nigeria problems is not basically leadership but we the people but we deceive ourselves a lot.
2) Let not argue this - the facts and statistics are there to analyse this. I am a mathematician and without mathematics there wont even be computer science. And if we start mentioning names you cant stand it. I see your point here is just about emotions. That is my opinion about your thought there.
3)Either I am fine or not - the point is the boss has done what he thinks is right and that is fair to him as well. There is nothing like justice in mathematics - what is fair to you might not be fair to me hence what is fair or not cant be mathematically proven. Do not forget that it is business and it is all about money; what if she is using her bottom to bring in more money by bringing more clients. Why do you banks employ beautiful girls for sales. Some of them dont know anything but they are beautiful and can speak English. So you see nothing is fair in life.

Nothing is fair in life bro try and see the world around you and tell me what is fair.

1) How can Nigeria get better when there's no semblance of fairness? It is impossible to attain true fairness because we are human but why tell a child to study hard when the chances of getting a job without knowing someone in power limited?. How can you tell civil servants to be diligent when promotion is by who you know?
The first step to building a country is by trying to make the country as fair for everyone as possible.

2) I have a B.sc in Mathematics and an M.sc in Computer Science.......

3)Like I have said before, true fairness cannot be achieved but I will always try to support fairness when I can. As of today, I don't think I would work in a company that doesn't offer paternity leave as one of its benefits because if and when I decide to have a child, I want to be there in the beginning.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by theultimatep3(m): 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:
Today, everybody seems to be politically correct and i still find it hard to believe how the media has brain-washed people and they can no longer think for themselves. It's a always a surprise to see how much hatred the liberals in the US have for their own president no matter his decision for the betterment of the country.

Now, one things i notice about the so called liberals is that they are mostly bunch of people with a very low IQ incapable of thinking for themselves. A typical liberal preaches freedom today and his against his conservative brother who has a different opinion and call him all sorts of things for just having a different opinion. What then is Liberalism.

The truth about all these feminists is that they are most ugly women who have no men's impact in their lives or women who have been used and dumped by several men because of their stupidity. But i can guarantee you they are mostly ugly women who are jealous of other women loved by men. I can bet anybody bring 10 feminists and i can assure you that 8 will fit in the above description or they are trained by a single mother who herself had lived wayward livestyle. No father no brother to show them love.

My opinion about equality between a man and a woman - are men better than women in terms of capability? Hell no, there is nothing to support this scientifically. But the truth is for reason unknown to anybody men have proven they are better leaders and are capable of making the right decision on the average than women. When i see people trying to convince women to venture into something just to challenge men i laugh at all these. Let's look at startup for instance there are lot of organizations and women pushing women to do more over the last 20 years. But go check founders of the most promising startups in the last 20 years - they are mostly men even without any encouragement or whatsoever. Am i against women empowerment? Hello no, but trying to pitch women against men is very stupid to me. Look at people who have given up all their life in sciences they are mostly men.The point is we function differently and nature itself has differentiated us over the years. On the average a woman will perform better in customer service or human resources. And a man will perform better in Engineering, programming or sciences. Even the best doctors are men - this is not a coincidence and this is not the time for anyone to wail about my message but to look at the facts and statistics. Does that mean they are no better female doctors than males?Yes, there are!

My point is we have both have our strengths and weakneses. Let us both maximize our strengths and strengthen our weaknesses. If a woman wants to study engineering it should not be because she wants to challenge a man. But to see it as a way to strenthen what we might comsider women weakness.

Today people cry about equal pay blah blah without putting into consideration the kind of jobs both love to do. So you want an Engineer or a doctor to earn same as receptionist?

And let us call a spade a spade there is no where in the world where people are totally free to do what they want to do even in the so called America. The difference all over the world is the degree of freedom. Ofcourse if there is total freedom in America Snowden will not be in Russia seeking asylum. And robbery will not be criminalised - imagine people have the freedom to steal?

The idea that there is total freedom anywhere in the world is an illusion. Give human total freedom then that is the end of human. Just look at what "almost total freedom" in the west has cuased them? Can anybody explain transgender? I have argued this with a doctor and he later agreed with me that they are sick in the head. You cant prove it scientically or whatever means. What those people need is rehabilitation but they are now categorizing them as special species just because of useless freedom they are claiming to have. Same thing with gay or lesbain - nobody is born homosexual or heterosexual. You learn to love a man or a woman. And you learn to have sex with either opposite or same sex. But the norm all over the world is a man and a woman anything else should be seen as mental disorder.Just the same way people should not be given the freedom to steal. The norm all over the world is that you cant take what does not belong to you.

Smart women pushes for equity and not equality because they realise the difference between men and women and they understand men will always have the advantage naturally.Imagine two students righting exams a girl and a boy. The girl is having her menstruation with severe stomach ache and they both have to write the same time. Ofcourse the boy will most likely do better. Equity is to allow the girl to write her exam when she is done with her period equality is writing it at the same time with the boy.I hope the wise one can see the point i am driving at.

All in my entire schools both secondary and university girls have always been at the top of my class. And i have worked with very intelligent women as well.

We have to understand our differences and respect it. Telling girls to where whatever they feel like without looking at the consequence on the part of men is selfish and not a good advice.

Thank u Sir

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Shugargal(f): 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2019
I love this woman like kilode not about her feminism but her intelligence, sometimes I wish I were intelligent as she is especially on literal writing and everything. wish to meet you one day.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by DaddyBen009: 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
folake4u:

Have you eaten this morning? undecided
Goan feed your hunger stricken family and when you’re done feeding them comman quote me again .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 11:34pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

Simple

Smh!!!!

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by EagleNest(m): 6:14am On Mar 12, 2019
She has no idea whose gospel she's preaching and receiving accolades.

Use your tongue and count your teeth. Find out from whom all these things comes from.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Daeylar(f): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
Chimamanda my love kiss

Wear what you want is right.
Not like all those who will want to police what another human being like them wants to wear under the excuse of decency or being classy or whatever stupid reason they can come up with.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Daeylar(f): 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
This thread was a disgrace undecided

People advocating and making excuses for rape because apparently rape and sexual harassment is the appropriate response to a woman dressed indecently, and these mad men still think that the problem here is indecent dressing and chimamanda's feminism.

And then some saying that the fact that she says wear what you want doesn't mean she is advocating for immodesty just because she dresses modestly.
I don't know how people love to miss the point or change the point to something else entirely.

She says wear what you want, she didn't say wear what you want as long as it is within the boundaries I give, she didn't say wear what I (chimamanda) wears, she didn't say any of that, she just says WEAR WHAT YOU WANT

She is advocating for women to wear what they want, and people are pretending that they agree with her but still trying to limit the choices of what women can wear all under the excuse of morality and modesty,
Who knows what constitutes moral and modest dressing for these people now?

All this modest and immodest trash. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MINE / Things Fall Apart VS Arrow Of God (pics) / My YAHOO-YAHOO $$ Story (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.