Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4829325 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
Sirvingeo:
Although I am among the microscopic few that was privilege to graduate below 23 years but let us consider the inadequacy of the system that produce these graduate .The unsteady academic calendar and incessant strike .All this were caused as a result of our government lackadaisical attitude. Since they are the cause, they should find a way to accommodate most of these graduate that were affected age wise. The best way is to shorten their service years but no graduate should be disqualified because of age.

Graduate trainee are for graduates that will be trained whether they have experience or not. Do a survey of average age of graduates then you will see 28 was fair enough. There are even some that were born in 1990 and yet they are going through the recruitment process.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
yinka303:

What about private companies and multinational companies? Those ones that will pen age limit at 24/25 nko?
Private and multinational companies are under our good grace . If our government set a standard they must follow.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2019
larride:

Graduate trainee are for graduates that will be trained whether they have experience or not. Do a survey of average age of graduates then you will see 28 was fair enough. There are even some that were born in 1990 and yet they are going through the recruitment process.
My dear, I know graduate trainee are for graduates that will be trained . In fact I'm also aware that the age is fair but we shouldn't use international standard to judge national standard. All nation have there own problems and they should map out methods to curb it without international interference. Using age to disqualify graduate is not something that will favour many in Nigeria .Our academic system is not as balance as that of the first world country, so there standard of graduate trainee can never work here.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Etr3y(m): 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
larride:

Correct! By Dec I will be 29...I just hope it l not be a barrier
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
Sirvingeo:

My dear, I know graduate trainee are for graduates that will be trained . In fact I'm also aware that the age is fair but we shouldn't use international standard to judge national standard. All nation have there own problems and they should map out methods to curb it without international interference. Using age to disqualify graduate is not something that will favour many in Nigeria .Our academic system is not as balance as that of the first world country, so there standard of graduate trainee can never work here.

What age do you suggest should be the limit for graduate trainee position?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
yinka303:

What age do you suggest should be the limit for graduate trainee position?
There should be no age limits but instead shorten the length of service. Do you think with the age limit you can sieve out those that didn't meet the age requirements.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Chukeg: 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2019
Sirvingeo:

There should be no age limits but instead shorten the length of service. Do you think with the age limit you can sieve out those that didn't meet the age requirements.
So a 50 years old can apply for graduate trainee right

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AJCA: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
Good afternoon, I just heard from the news that court has suspended NNPC employment. I hope I heard well. The news will be repeated by 4pm.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
Chukeg:

What makes you think a fifty years old man won't apply if you put age limits ?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Etr3y(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
AJCA:
Good afternoon, I just heard from the news that court has suspended NNPC employment. I hope I heard well. The news will be repeated by 4pm.
Where did u hear it? Which channel
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AJCA: 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
Etr3y:

Its a radio channel 92.9
My mum was the one thta called my attention to it and was asking why the suspension.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
Chukeg:

lol
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2019
Etr3y:

the channel is looking for audience that's why they used the click-bait trick

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AJCA: 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AJCA: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2019
yinka303:
the channel is looking for audience that's why they used the click-bait trick

Try and get facts before condemning a thing. Life is bigger than your assumptions.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NOTGOINGDOWN(m): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
ElZackzacky2019:
May that lawyer succeed. He's fighting a right cause - justice and peace. Ageism is a crime against humanity. If a 75 year old man is not too old to become a Nigeria's president then a 30 year old and above should not be considered overaged for a job.

We grow at our own pace. Not everybody graduates at 24-25 years. Poverty, strike actions and other factors can be responsible for this. For the GT applicants that are against Lawyer Olajengbesi, don't be selfish. Someone above 30 years is still strong and young. They can also work. That energy they are preventing them to use profitably due to ageism may be diverted into crimes. And everyone will be a victim of ageism in the long run.

Thanks for making us know your mind.

You don't need to blame the system always for your parent's fault. Ideally in this century, a graduate that has a purposeful life would have something doing at the age of 28years which should make him/her qualify for posts above graduate trainee level.

So, you mean NNPC was not fair enough to put the limit for GT at 28. Why do you think the cap for NYSC is 30years?

If you graduate from secondary school at 18, got admission into OAU or Lautech at 20, you graduate at 26 and finish NYSC at 27. So definitely you are qualified for the recruitment as GT in as much as you didn't graduate with anything less than a 2:1 but if you have made good use of your life between those breaks you would have been engaged in something meaningful that would have given you an edge over those kids below 24 years but that is not the way it is. Even some of those kids have added more value to their life than you have. The fact that you didn't make proper use of your life does not give you the right to blame the system for your problem.

Please if you want to prove to me that the system is at fault and not that you are truly an irresponsible person tell me why someone above 28years shouldn't be applying for the EH role.

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2019
AJCA:

Try and get facts before condemning a thing. Life is bigger than your assumptions.

Go through my previous posts on the suspension saga. Tnkq
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
NOTGOINGDOWN:

You don't need to blame the system always for your parent's fault. Ideally in this century, a graduate that has a purposeful life would have something doing at the age of 28years which should make him/her qualify for posts above graduate trainee level.

So, you mean NNPC was not fair enough to put the limit for GT at 28. Why do you think the cap for NYSC is 30years?

If you graduate from secondary school at 18, got admission into OAU or Lautech at 20, you graduate at 26 and finish NYSC at 27. So definitely you are qualified for the recruitment as GT in as much as you didn't graduate with anything less than a 2:1 but if you have made good use of your life between those breaks you would have been engaged in something meaningful that would have given you an edge over those kids below 24 years but that is not the way it is. Even some of those kids have added more value to their life than you have. The fact that you didn't make proper use of your life does not give you the right to blame the system for your problem.

Please if you want to prove to me that the system is at fault and not that you are truly an irresponsible person tell me why someone above 28years shouldn't be applying for the EH role.

The kind shades some people dey throw ehn, no be here o... Lol
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AJCA: 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
yinka303:

Go through my previous posts on the suspension saga. Tnkq

Okay. Sorry, I might not have understood your words.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AJCA: 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
NOTGOINGDOWN:

So bad that shit happens.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
AJCA:

Okay. Sorry, I might not have understood your words.

grin no p

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by softboi10: 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2019
Your suggestions are not bad but i ask this question.. *hsve you anybody close to you that's affected by this age barrier thing.. And If yes, what was thier reasons and why do you think they are in this situation??

How often does nnpc recruit??

Well maybe ur not affected but the system in Nigeria favours not much people!!

You have to be in that shoe to understand!!

Well... Your opinion is urs init??

We go dey aiii las las fam

NOTGOINGDOWN:

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by softboi10: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
NOTGOINGDOWN:

And you asked why someone at 28 isn't applying for EH role

Smiles... Chaii!! I laugh thou!! Well going by standard, its expected that one @ 28 applies for EH but here in nja Hmmmm�

Well be grateful thou if you aren't affected by this age barrier thing..

Have you ever heard of sone peeps looking for job for up to 2years especially in thier llne of discipline??

This things are weird to those that got jobs immediately after service, but then.. its reality my friend... The same way some peeps in nja dont believe that somebody somewhere cant feed 3 square a day!!..

*#PrayFotGrace*

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ingenium:

You are undeniably the History keeper of this thread, thanks for all your efforts. ������

Thanx bro...just doing number5 things

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DarkShades: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
The simple truth is no matter what you do as a person, organization or government, there will always be someone with a different opinion than you.

You can pick any aspect of the criteria used by NNPC for shortlisting and argue for or against it. E.g why was the time limit for submission of applications not up to 2 months to enable corpers that were still serving at the time to finish and apply?! Why was the position of GMD not advertised since it was going to be vacant in a few months time? Why was CBT adopted instead of written tests since that is the method of examination most graduates are used to?!

The good thing is that the matter is before a court of law. The outcome will settle the issue once and for all.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biggerboi: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
number5:

1.The hungry and defeated lawyer started this long before interview, In the first week after opening of the portal for applications. So your thoughts concerning all of this, being a possible plot by Nnpc doesn't hold water, @xeforesansh

2. Shame on all those slamming 'sources', claiming that no one hinted on the court case, as it was mentioned here last week even with a link. I followed the link and had a very good laugh after reading the original thread and seeing guys who couldn't apply due to the age barrier, backing the lawyers ignorance.

See link to original first post about this on march 28th, it was shared here last week:

https://www.nairaland.com/5103150/2019-nnpc-recruitment-discriminatory-lawyer

3. Lol first, nawa ooh. Maintaining the 'status quo' has absolutely nothing to do with a possible release of APL or not. It simply means the age limit for GT's in the current or any future NNPC recruitment that will happen before 29 october 2019 remains 28yrs. If the current recruitment is concluded before 29th october and the NNPC board can provide evidence in court that it was not fastracked to beat the set date for the hearing, but has been planned all the while to be concluded before october 29, then the outcome of october 29th hearing has absolutely nothing to do with the concluded 2019 recruitment exercise. Simple protocol in law.

4. If you fault my ascertations above and can't express that constructively and/or display maturity in relayinpg your thoughts/findings, then with all due respect, I would give you a historical overview of exactly how/why you and that lawyer above are both not feeling fine.
baba I have to admit u are my favourite personality on this thread...but honestly why all this negativity, why can't some ppl just shut up if they have nothing good to say, seriously there are some ppl on this thread that will be very happy if this recruitment is cancelled, but guess what...it won't, and we will be here to rub our apl on your hateful faces insha Allah

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biggerboi: 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
jaiye4love:
In your case study, you should remember that an appointment has already been made, and a faction take the other to court, and the court then grant a status quo. Its a lot different from an ongoing recruitment where no appointment has been made by any authority. Remember a public office can't be vacant until decisions are taken,but a company as an entity can even be shut down until decisions are taken to avoid further damages
Can you please explain to me how employing graduate trainees that are less than 28 years incure any damages to nnpc

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by siina(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Biggerboi:
baba I have to admit u are my favourite personality on this thread...but honestly why all this negativity, why can't some ppl just shut up if they have nothing good to say, seriously there are some ppl on this thread that will be very happy if this recruitment is cancelled, but guess what...it won't, and we will be here to rub our apl on your hateful faces insha Allah
That guy has said it all, the status quo means recruitment should continue as it is until further directive from the court. If recruitment is concluded before then, nothing can be done again till the next recruitment where NNPC will have to follow court decision

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biggerboi: 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
Biggerboi:

Can you please explain to me how employing graduate trainees that are less than 28 years incure any damages to nnpc
I know d Nigerian system is really bad that most ppl don't finish school early, but 28 years Is as reasonable as any of us can imagine, we should not allow emotions to becloud our judgement pls.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NOTGOINGDOWN(m): 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
softboi10:

And you asked why someone at 28 isn't applying for EH role

Smiles... Chaii!! I laugh thou!! Well going by standard, its expected that one @ 28 applies for EH but here in nja Hmmmm�

Well be grateful thou if you aren't affected by this age barrier thing..

Have you ever heard of sone peeps looking for job for up to 2years especially in thier llne of discipline??

This things are weird to those that got jobs immediately after service, but then.. its reality my friend... The same way some peeps in nja don't believe that somebody somewhere cant feed 3 square a day!!..

*#PrayFotGrace*

What you have said is true though and I have two blood brothers that were once in that situation. One of them later went to learn vocational skills and after some months he started working on his own and got a volunteer offer to work for free at 32 years. After closing work daily he resumes to his personal business for close to two years before he later got a good-paying job. But the reason for his delay in graduation was that he started school very late and got delayed admission into University.

The other one was our firstborn, when he was jobless at 36 he learned Webdesign after which he started designing on Fiverr and later advanced into coding.

I know people are having challenges over the age issue which at times could be beyond their control. It could be as a result of family issues or their parent's mentality.

I wasn't supposed to have spoken that way in my previous post but the way the Elzaczaky2019 guy spoke made me angry and got me to react instead of responding or ignoring his post.

To those affected by the age barrier as a result of factors beyond your control I pray God opens your mind to see other opportunities more beneficial than this NNPC recruitment and don't rule out volunteering even if it is to end up doing other petty business after work so as to be able to compete favorably where you actually fit in.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by OMAALE(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2019
NNPC Recruitment Suspended
Source: Daily Trust lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.