Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4844146 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
Jarus:

How wide is your network? Do you know someone in almost every company that matters in Nigeria?

What is your knowledge and experience? Have you written a book on career? Do you have 100% success rate in all the interviews you have ever done?

Do you have 12 years experience of freely sharing useful information on Nairaland?

Do you have 11 years oil and gas industry experience?

Na knowledge, experience and network o

grin

Sura the tailor !!!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Kaspa007: 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2019
Mergic:

Hi @xfire,

Permit me to ask you a few questions... What year did you leave and why?

What is it like working with NNPC...?..

Yes sir why did you leave NNPC? shocked
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BMedia: 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
Aremolomi:
How was the interview for EH.

Nothing to be worried about.

Prepare for situational questions from your experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2019
BMedia:

Yes I finished at about 5.

I was last in my batch though, but I'm giddy with excitement as I received compliments from the leader of the panel.

Jarus God bless you indeed, your coaching helped in more ways than one. Highly recommended.

Best advice I can give is to remain CALM (besides they are really friendly), speak with confidence/calm pace, and understand the oil industry well.

Happy to hear our coaching was helpful. We pray you join the growing list of successful candidates that have passed through our coaching from NLNG to DPR now NNPC.

Our 2nd session for Lagos holds tomorrow by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Aremolomi: 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2019
I booked a date with u tomorrow @ 11.am in lagos . Hope it’s still going to hold , EH.

Pls confirm.

Jarus:

Happy to hear our coaching was helpful that. We pray you join the growing list of successful candidates that have passed through our coaching from NLNG to DPR now NNPC.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by charlesu49(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
Did everyone get interviewed to day? Was anyone asked to return tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by nurd(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
...... was saying something but....

(url not showing so disregard)

I am also going through it and preparing for all possible questions.

And guys, if you have never attended an interview before, please try attend Jarus mock interview. I am also going tomorrow.

You dont need to know the questions they will ask you, but you will definitely learn some technicalities that you wont otherwise get on your own.

PS... Im not affiliated to Jarus o. Just another hopeful trying to help.

Cheers!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gbyms: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
skana28:

Bad Belle person. Someone shared an experience and you already wearing the shoes of an interviewer.

Ok, oya Oga tell us what your response will be?
You are a typical Nigerian. You saw how I constructively applauded his response while hinting at people who have not been interviewed to add more fire. Instead of you appreciating it, the best thing you can call me is bad belle. I blame myself for talking. Sorry.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BMedia: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Aremolomi:
How was the interview for EH.

Lest I forget, before leaving you'll be required to drop your a/c no. for a little something from NNPC wink

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatken007(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
Read about a department known as ETD in NNPC, most civil engineers works there.
iammiracle1:

Bro please any idea for a civil engineer?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
Aremolomi:

I booked a date with u tomorrow @ 11.am in lagos . Hope it’s still going to hold , EH.

Pls confirm.

Yes bro.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by charlesu49(m): 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2019
Macgyver1:

Mention me on a different thread with ur WhatsApp number, I will contact u

I have. Expecting ur msg
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BMedia: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
nurd:

And guys, if you have never attended an interview before, please try attend Jarus mock interview. I am also going tomorrow.

You dont need to know the questions they will ask you, but you will definitely learn some technicalities that you wont otherwise get on your own.

Seconded and thirded smiley
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by nurd(m): 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2019
Jarus:

Yes bro.

I also booked 11 am tomorrow. Didnt receive any text to confirm. Maybe I should get your confirmation here.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Femi11cf: 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2019
Was anyone meant for interview today told to return tomorrow?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2019
nurd:

I also booked 11 am tomorrow. Didnt receive any text to confirm. Maybe I should get your confirmation here.

My partner will send sms confirmation later tonight.

Confirmed. Whether you receive sms or not, show, tomorrow session go hold by God's grace smiley
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2019
Kaspa007:

Yes sir why did you leave NNPC? shocked

My friend got a way bigger job. NNPC no dey list of Top 7 highest paying oil companies in Nigeria o.

TOTAL Upstream, Shell, Chevron, ENI/AGIP, Exxon, Addax, Seplat, NLNG and a few other independents pay more than NNPC, especially at non-managerial level.

But from management level, they are close. I know people that moved from Shell to NNPC but at high level - GM level.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
BMedia:

Lest I forget, before leaving you'll be required to drop your a/c no. for a little something from NNPC wink

Are you sure?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatken007(m): 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2019
Baba NGC and NGMC deals on Natural Gas... You may likely be ask the major composition of natural Gas (90% Methane) ,Unit of Natural Gas (Scf) ,use of natural Gas. Mind you natural gas is not same as cooking gas.
addictiv:
guys what subsidiaries can an ICT Graduate, Natural Gas Engineering graduate best fit into? smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
Jarus:

My friend got a way bigger job. NNPC no dey list of Top 7 highest paying oil companies in Nigeria o.

TOTAL Upstream, Shell, Chevron, ENI/AGIP, Exxon, Addax, Seplat, NLNG and a few other independents pay more than NNPC, especially at non-managerial level.
i have legit info from 3 companies you mentioned there and if we are to take nnpc's salary speculation as mentioned earlier on this thread, nnpc's package isn't too far from those 3, close enough to weigh in other benefits.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by jancollins: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
I'll like to share this and I feel and believe it will be of help to some on this platform.

Best of luck to our friends GT/EH that got invited for interview.

I applied to NNPC too back then in 2007, I had my interview at NNPC towers in Abuja. Maybe I didn't perform well, I was invited to write another test in Benin, in the same recruitment. I had another interview at NNPC, and this time I was certain that I would be shortlisted. I was expecting my appointment letter, but it didn't come. I received a call one day from the office of the Group Managing Director of NNPC, that I should go for an interview with DPR at Phillip Consulting, Marina Lagos. That was when I realised my name had been replaced at NNPC, by somebody who had a guilty conscience.

At Phillip consulting, we were 50 in that hall. They told us that we didn't deserve to be there if not for our connection. Right there I received my own invitation letter and truly, I saw "C/O GMD NNPC" on it. I have never met him before but I still have the letter today. I passed the very simple test and I joined the final stage of DPR recruitment which I never applied for. The interview was superb again and this time around I knew I was successful. To cut the long story short Yaradua became the president and he cancelled the exercise.

I joined Oceanic Bank 2008 but the tsunami of 2009 when about 3000 were forced to resign affected me. So I decided to learn videography on YouTube.

Afebabs, I have shot videos for multinationals like UNICEF, USAID and others like them, learnt public health on the Job, currently learning programming, Child and Family advocacy. Nigeria is messed up but the messy process helped me to find my true passion. I am not rich but I am so happy to be self reliant and affecting lives.

1. Happiness is the most valuable thing here, you are likely to get it by rendering service and not comparing yourself with others. Treat yourself of the "what will people say" syndrome.

2. While you really want this NNPC job, God may be passing a different message to you. Pay attention.

3. Since Nigeria has a lot of problems, it means there is a lot of work to do. Check your inherent talents develop them and contribute your own quota starting from where you are. In other words, as you await response from Agip and NNPC, keep yourself busy. For instance. You can own a laundry company in the future if you start small by washing the cloths of people around you. Patience, consistency, humility and focus. Time is running out.

4. Remember, you can learn any skill on YouTube.

I want you to also know that there is really a God. He knows you by name. Have conversations with him, He will inspire you. Keep His commandments so that your capacity to hear His voice will be increased. You can set a goal with his assistance. He will lead you by the hand.

We are all living far below our potentials because we fail to realise that Decisions determines destiny.

I don't know if any sentence here has been useful to you. But then, this is what I can humbly offer. Stay blessed sir.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by daima: 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
Oga you made me feel like an olodo yesterday. I got angry spent the night drafting responses to various possible offbalance questions... Haaaaa.

It paid out. My panel was so pleased with me today. Am sure i wont be scored 52 like jarus did yesterday. That man isnt someone you pray to meeet in a panel....
Jarus:

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
mos4phy:
i have legit info from 3 companies you mentioned there and if we are to take nnpc's speculation as mentioned earlier on the thread, nnpc's package isn't too far from those 3, close enough to weigh in other benefits. If anyone has legit info on exxons package and it's disparity with nnpc's can please pm me or reply this message

Oga, don't argue this with experienced industry insiders.

See your answer here.

xfire:

Lol

At entry level, the IOCs generally pay much more than NNPC. A lot of NNPC staff will move to IOCs if given the slightest chance.

The same can not be said at management level (NNPC package for management staff is crazy), just that it takes about 18 years to climb from entry-level to management staff, that's if you are lucky to scale through to management level.

Xfire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
daima:
Oga you made me feel like an olodo yesterday. I got angry spent the night drafting responses to various possible offbalance questions... Haaaaa.

It paid out. My panel was so pleased with me today. Am sure i wont be scored 52 like jarus did yesterday. That man isnt someone you pray to meeet in a panel....

LOL. Sorry for my drilling you at our coaching yesterday.

Thank God it paid off. grin grin grin

Mock exams are more difficult. If it was actual interview, I would be more lenient. grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gmajor(m): 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2019
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 01, 2019
Jarus:

Oga, don't argue this with experienced industry insiders.

See your answer here.

and don't think there are not other industry experts playing around here. I said i know first hand salaries of 3 companies you mentioned there FOR GT, and they are not far from NNPCs ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by jmanity: 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
It's a stiff competition guys, you are competing against people from your discipline and state of origin.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2019
mos4phy:

and don't think there are not other industry experts playing around here. I said i know first hand salaries of 3 companies you mentioned there FOR GT, and they are not far from NNPCs ...

lol. GT that earns N200k per month after N4m upfront?

Pro-rate that per month and see if it's anywhere close to Exxon, Shell, TOTAL, Chevron, NLNG - none of which pays less than N850k per month for entry level.

I think this upfront thing confuses people. These IOCs don't do upfront system like NNPC, but if you add NNPC's upfront to the paltry monthly payments afterwards, it is still not close to the guy that will pay you N1m per month at entry level.

So let's say Shell pays N850k per month (they were paying that like 7 years ago!), if they want to operate upfront system like NNPC and decide to be paying you N200k per month, your upfront will be N650k*12 = N7.8m! Compare that to NNPC's upfront of N4m for similar level.

It is only at managerial level that NNPC compares with these companies. At entry level, there is gulf of difference.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
Jarus:

lol. GT that earns N200k per month after N4m upfront?

Pro-rate that per month and see if it's anywhere close to Exxon, Shell, TOTAL, Chevron, NLNG - none of which pays less than N850k per month for entry level.
pro-rated, that's about 550k per month..550k per month isn't far at all from 3 companies in your first list, two of which are 650k. and 775k. The only companies in that list i don't know anything about are exxon and Total. i know exact values of 3 there. See, i can attach payslip evidence here so don't think there are not other well connected ''industry experts'' on here. Don't want to attach such for obvious reasons. So with that stated, the applicant can then consider other benefits like work life balance, study and government related benefits

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by EmmyteeTosin(m): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2019
jancollins:
I'll like to share this and I feel and believe it will be of help to some on this platform.

Best of luck to our friends GT/EH that got invited for interview.

I applied to NNPC too back then in 2007, I had my interview at NNPC towers in Abuja. Maybe I didn't perform well, I was invited to write another test in Benin, in the same recruitment. I had another interview at NNPC, and this time I was certain that I would be shortlisted. I was expecting my appointment letter, but it didn't come. I received a call one day from the office of the Group Managing Director of NNPC, that I should go for an interview with DPR at Phillip Consulting, Marina Lagos. That was when I realised my name had been replaced at NNPC, by somebody who had a guilty conscience.

At Phillip consulting, we were 50 in that hall. They told us that we didn't deserve to be there if not for our connection. Right there I received my own invitation letter and truly, I saw "C/O GMD NNPC" on it. I have never met him before but I still have the letter today. I passed the very simple test and I joined the final stage of DPR recruitment which I never applied for. The interview was superb again and this time around I knew I was successful. To cut the long story short Yaradua became the president and he cancelled the exercise.

I joined Oceanic Bank 2008 but the tsunami of 2009 when about 3000 were forced to resign affected me. So I decided to learn videography on YouTube.

Afebabs, I have shot videos for multinationals like UNICEF, USAID and others like them, learnt public health on the Job, currently learning programming, Child and Family advocacy. Nigeria is messed up but the messy process helped me to find my true passion. I am not rich but I am so happy to be self reliant and affecting lives.

1. Happiness is the most valuable thing here, you are likely to get it by rendering service and not comparing yourself with others. Treat yourself of the "what will people say" syndrome.

2. While you really want this NNPC job, God may be passing a different message to you. Pay attention.

3. Since Nigeria has a lot of problems, it means there is a lot of work to do. Check your inherent talents develop them and contribute your own quota starting from where you are. In other words, as you await response from Agip and NNPC, keep yourself busy. For instance. You can own a laundry company in the future if you start small by washing the cloths of people around you. Patience, consistency, humility and focus. Time is running out.

4. Remember, you can learn any skill on YouTube.

I want you to also know that there is really a God. He knows you by name. Have conversations with him, He will inspire you. Keep His commandments so that your capacity to hear His voice will be increased. You can set a goal with his assistance. He will lead you by the hand.

We are all living far below our potentials because we fail to realise that Decisions determines destiny.

I don't know if any sentence here has been useful to you. But then, this is what I can humbly offer. Stay blessed sir.
Really touching, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CsRockefeller(m): 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
BMedia:

Nothing to be worried about.

Prepare for situational questions from your experience.

Can we re-jig our CV against the one we submitted earlier.

It just occurred to me that there are quite a number of experiences that I have that wasn't included in the former one submitted.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by charlesu49(m): 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
Jarus Brother, will you mind shedding some light on what a geologist should expect and where he can most comfortably fit in?

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.