Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,280 members, 7,829,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4844297 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by darlinvalerie(f): 3:33am On Jul 02, 2019
What does IOC mean?

Jarus:

Bros, far back 2008, my generation as entry level, Shell was paying N500k for entry level. In other words, what NNPC pays today to entry level was what Shell was paying 11 years ago. No be say I hear o. Na wetin I see.

By the way, someone from one of the 2 IOCs you said you know nothing of has been consistently telling you on this thread that NNPC does not come close to the IOCs at non-managerial level strictly on pay terms. This is someone that has collected salaries in both companies o.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by darlinvalerie(f): 3:34am On Jul 02, 2019
Please where is this coaching taking place?
I am in Lagos

Jarus:

Happy to hear our coaching was helpful. We pray you join the growing list of successful candidates that have passed through our coaching from NLNG to DPR now NNPC.

Our 2nd session for Lagos holds tomorrow by God's grace.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by TOSINIFE(m): 4:10am On Jul 02, 2019
jancollins:
I'll like to share this and I feel and believe it will be of help to some on this platform.

Best of luck to our friends GT/EH that got invited for interview.

I applied to NNPC too back then in 2007, I had my interview at NNPC towers in Abuja. Maybe I didn't perform well, I was invited to write another test in Benin, in the same recruitment. I had another interview at NNPC, and this time I was certain that I would be shortlisted. I was expecting my appointment letter, but it didn't come. I received a call one day from the office of the Group Managing Director of NNPC, that I should go for an interview with DPR at Phillip Consulting, Marina Lagos. That was when I realised my name had been replaced at NNPC, by somebody who had a guilty conscience.

At Phillip consulting, we were 50 in that hall. They told us that we didn't deserve to be there if not for our connection. Right there I received my own invitation letter and truly, I saw "C/O GMD NNPC" on it. I have never met him before but I still have the letter today. I passed the very simple test and I joined the final stage of DPR recruitment which I never applied for. The interview was superb again and this time around I knew I was successful. To cut the long story short Yaradua became the president and he cancelled the exercise.

I joined Oceanic Bank 2008 but the tsunami of 2009 when about 3000 were forced to resign affected me. So I decided to learn videography on YouTube.

Afebabs, I have shot videos for multinationals like UNICEF, USAID and others like them, learnt public health on the Job, currently learning programming, Child and Family advocacy. Nigeria is messed up but the messy process helped me to find my true passion. I am not rich but I am so happy to be self reliant and affecting lives.

1. Happiness is the most valuable thing here, you are likely to get it by rendering service and not comparing yourself with others. Treat yourself of the "what will people say" syndrome.

2. While you really want this NNPC job, God may be passing a different message to you. Pay attention.

3. Since Nigeria has a lot of problems, it means there is a lot of work to do. Check your inherent talents develop them and contribute your own quota starting from where you are. In other words, as you await response from Agip and NNPC, keep yourself busy. For instance. You can own a laundry company in the future if you start small by washing the cloths of people around you. Patience, consistency, humility and focus. Time is running out.

4. Remember, you can learn any skill on YouTube.

I want you to also know that there is really a God. He knows you by name. Have conversations with him, He will inspire you. Keep His commandments so that your capacity to hear His voice will be increased. You can set a goal with his assistance. He will lead you by the hand.

We are all living far below our potentials because we fail to realise that Decisions determines destiny.

I don't know if any sentence here has been useful to you. But then, this is what I can humbly offer. Stay blessed sir.

God bless you sir

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by realfeu(m): 4:33am On Jul 02, 2019
1. Please are phones allowed into the interview hall, or one will have to keep it out like during the CBT?
2. Also will we be allowed to take in things like awards, incase they ask one to prove the awards he claims to have on his CV or it won't be necessary?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 02, 2019
realfeu:
1. Please are phones allowed into the interview hall, or one will have to keep it out like during the CBT?
2. Also will we be allowed to take in things like awards, incase they ask one to prove the awards he claims to have on his CV or it won't be necessary?
Bros no go fall your hand there oo. Just include the award in your CV, then they will ask you questions about it. From your answer, they will decipher if you lie or not

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by kcjnr007(m): 5:27am On Jul 02, 2019
Guys just a quick question: how do i explain that a company I joined 3 months ago is not a good fit for me without badmouthing it?
I personally believe I shouldn't be long where I dont belong.
Guys please advise. �

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Hwy9: 5:36am On Jul 02, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Jarus:

Now this is not to take anything away from NNPC as a very fantastic place to work. If I get a Manager or even DM position there myself, I will take it.

I personally wont take any oil servicing firm, even Schlum, ahead of NNPC for 3 reasons

1. At this stage of my career, if I make a job change, I would like it to be where I would spend almost all the rest of my career. NNPC guarantees that more than oil servicing firms

2. Oil servicing firms are very volatile - they lay off at the slightest issue with oil and gas industry.

3. I'm a support professional (not a core technical person like engineers, geologists etc), we have limited roles in the oil servicing because they don't own oil assets that involve complex finance function.

That said, if I were entry level and a technical person (engineers, geologists etc), and I have offers from NNPC or Schlumberger (not just any oil servicing), I may comsider Schlum because of the international brand which can help in penetrating international oil and gas market. I have a friend that moved from Schlumberger Nigeria to Schulmberger UK then to Saudi Aramco.

But generally, NNPC offers more stability and security.

Pls... what time are you likely to finish the mock interview for 11am today. Kindly respond
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by themayorsmith: 5:46am On Jul 02, 2019
Bros what did you study.
ProudBoy:
Lol. Make una no kill unasef. The interview question na straight forward. The last question they ask me was 'What will you do incase of a fire incidence in the NNPC building".
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by barbatee007(m): 6:03am On Jul 02, 2019
All the best my people, the key is to stay calm and be confident without appearing cocky.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by barbatee007(m): 6:19am On Jul 02, 2019
darado:
I am an EH, applied for "officer, Regulatory Standards Monitoring". Plz under which sibsidiary is this position placed? I have the interview tomorrow 7am. Plz help
HSE dept and is in all the SBUs.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 6:34am On Jul 02, 2019
Hwy9:
[color=#006600][/color]

Pls... what time are you likely to finish the mock interview for 11am today. Kindly respond

Takes minimum of 3 hours.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 6:38am On Jul 02, 2019
darlinvalerie:
What does IOC mean?

International Oil Companies.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 6:40am On Jul 02, 2019
darlinvalerie:
Please where is this coaching taking place?
I am in Lagos

JARUSHUB, 60 MOLEYE STREET, OFF HERBERT MACAULAY (BEHIND TOTAL FILLING STATION), ALAGOMEJI, YABA, LAGOS
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BMedia: 6:41am On Jul 02, 2019
realfeu:

1. Yes they are.

2. I also included an award in my CV but was not questioned about it. Another Oga in my batch who applied for managerial did the same but I didn't get a chance to ask if he was questioned about it. Just list it under achievements in your CV and take the award certificate along in case. No go carry award plaque/trophy o lol.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by ucheuzor1(m): 6:44am On Jul 02, 2019
Guys please I need help to my question.

Will it be Ideal to include practical skill like tiles fixing in my CV?.

that's one area I have really gained strong experience in and can talk about it very well. I just rounded up my nysc around March though.

I'm looking at adding that to my cv as been odd. please I need honest reply.

Jarus, Xfire and other experts please help me.
m
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 6:46am On Jul 02, 2019
iammiracle1:
Oga Jarus, please would you also vet our CV? I have almost 3 pages and i think somethings maybe quite unnecessary or long forgotten...

Please can you tell me how to get to the center when i get to yaba? What bus do i enter?

No extensive vetting of CV but if in the course of interviewing you, we identify any error on your CV, or anything you should take out or add, we will comment on it as part of post-mock interview feedback.

For venue description, call my colleague on 08060482880 or 08099527777.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DavetutsAcademy: 6:49am On Jul 02, 2019
Hello house,
I just want to know if the EH category is doing any PowerPoint presentation. Somebody once said (on this forum, I believe) that they are requested to prepare a ppt presentation on some topic that will be sent to them via email.
Will appreciate your response.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Aremolomi: 6:51am On Jul 02, 2019
Any EH for budget , planning and contracts invited for the interview on this platform.

BMedia:

1. Yes they are.

2. I also included an award in my CV but was not questioned about it. Another Oga in my batch who applied for managerial did the same but I didn't get a chance to ask if he was questioned about it. Just list it under achievements in your CV and take the award certificate along in case. No go carry award plaque/trophy o lol.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Bankalert(m): 6:52am On Jul 02, 2019
Awwalion:

So much for just today, how many panels were there?
someone said 39 panels which I would believe since I interviewed with panel 37...it could be more because someone mentioned 60 panels in my group...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Aremolomi: 6:56am On Jul 02, 2019
Bankalert:
someone said 39 panels which I would believe since I interviewed with panel 37...it could be more because someone mentioned 60 panels in my group...

How was the interview? GT/EH
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by geektrovert: 6:57am On Jul 02, 2019
kcjnr007:
Guys just a quick question: how do i explain that a company I joined 3 months ago is not a good fit for me without badmouthing it?
I personally believe I shouldn't be long where I dont belong.
Guys please advise. �

You dont need to directly answer the question if asked. You might say something like you believe NNPC is better suited to your long term career goals.

If they insist on why you are leaving, career progression is always a right answer...lol just dodge the question and focus on why you are applying to nnpc.. cheesy

Or if you have extensive experience..you can totally leave it out of your cv...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by geektrovert: 7:00am On Jul 02, 2019
ucheuzor1:
Guys please I need help to my question.

Will it be Ideal to include practical skill like tiles fixing in my CV?.

that's one area I have really gained strong experience in and can talk about it very well. I just rounded up my nysc around March though.

I'm looking at adding that to my cv as been odd. please I need honest reply.

Jarus, Xfire and other experts please help me.
m

You are a GT. You are allowed to add anything on your cv...they understand you are poised to impress. It might just show you are entrepreneurial.

But, prepare for a question like..how do you think the skill is beneficial and can be transferred to working at NNPC? If you can't comfortably answer this question..then drop it from your cv.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Neurokam09(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2019
I think you can know the panel that will interview you from your interview number?

Those that have been interviewed, am I correct?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by jancollins: 7:45am On Jul 02, 2019
Anyone got called for interview for superintendent research clusters?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Femi11cf: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2019
Hello. Please I sent you a PM
ezef2k4:
Can you confirm if 9am people have now been interviewed?

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Bankalert(m): 8:07am On Jul 02, 2019
Aremolomi:

How was the interview? GT/EH
GT... The interview was fine... The panelists were friendly in their disposition towards and the interview Questions and response...

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 02, 2019
Pls experts in the house, a concern/question from a friend

For NNPC, is it wise to put entrepreneurial experience on your CV or talk about it? Wouldn't it make them think that you might one day leave the company to start that business or another business? Pls advise
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gmajor(m): 8:14am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by mvem(m): 8:22am On Jul 02, 2019
Gmajor:
guys, if someone who studied economics Is asked how do you think you can help nnpc grow or how does your degree relate to this position. what is the best answer?
Honestly what you are doing no make sense. Try and reason something yourself than cram wetin person go tell you ....if you carryout little research online I doubt you will be asking this

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Grupo(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2019
mosgoon:
Pls experts in the house, a concern/question from a friend

For NNPC, is it wise to put entrepreneurial experience on your CV or talk about it? Wouldn't it make them think that you might one day leave the company to start that business or your business? Pls advise

This is also my concern. I run my own online businesses and I even hire people sometimes to work with me. That's what I've been doing since I finished service. I have been looking for how to make this experience relevant in the eyes of the interviewers.

Oga Jarus, please help!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Kspicz: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2019
Please what SBU/CSU can someone who studied Human resources work in NNPC?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Joegift: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2019
Please i need help
I studied Pure and Applied mathematics, Please which of the subsidiaries can i fit in, and how can i be relevant to Nnpc.
Please Jarashub i really need ur help, this is my first ever interview session,
In my CV, I added my entrepreneur skill, am a Plumber, although i have worked in a construction company before.
Would it be wise to add this up in my CV, this my plumbing skill

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.