Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,266 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4844256 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by eddyville92: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2019
I think you can talk about it, but relay it in such a way that you talk of the skills u've gained as an entrepreneur eg, people management skills, business negotiation skills and your ability to always deliver etc.
mosgoon:
Pls experts in the house, a concern/question from a friend

For NNPC, is it wise to put entrepreneurial experience on your CV or talk about it? Wouldn't it make them think that you might one day leave the company to start that business or another business? Pls advise

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2019
Experienced lads and senior colleagues

I'll love to know if its ok to add an m.sc currently in progress to my cv..

I'm currently running an m.Sc and with all things being equal, will round up later this month or early next month..

Xfire
Barbatee007
Geektrovert
Jarus
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bbiodun: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2019
Hi guys, please do they have interview office in Lagos and is it possible to change interview location from Abuja?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Kspicz: 8:35am On Jul 02, 2019
For those who have had thier interviews, who is conducting it? Is it NNPC or a third party?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gmajor(m): 8:46am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 8:48am On Jul 02, 2019
Macgyver1:
Done and dusted, thanks to God. No single question about NNPC. Questions centered on my CV. I was asked whether o know how to drive a car & what safety measures I apply when driving

That bottle of famous grouse is becoming real grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by omotayo9177: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2019
Good morning people.

I got an invite for the oral interview. But I'm not really convinced abt going.

I stay in Ibadan. Going all the way to Abuja will demand a lot at this time. I will have to take permission from my present work place, to be absent for at least three days. Also, financially I'm not that buoyant. Accommodation in Abuja for at least a night is also a challenge. Plus the report I read on the previous recruitment thread is not encouraging. Its more like a man-know-man thing than merit recruitment.

I can still defy all this and "rugged" everything to attend the interview, but my nairaland people, the question is, "is it really worth the stress"?

Please advise.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2019
joysmiley:
Please any info from someone in the environmental field like what was the interview like for you?

Yep.. Someone should kindly answer this
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 8:57am On Jul 02, 2019
omotayo9177:
Good morning people.

I stay in Ibadan. Going all the way to Abuja will demand a lot at this time. I will have to take permission from my present work place, to be absent for at least three days. Also, financially I'm not that buoyant. Accommodation in Abuja for at least a night is also a challenge. Plus the report I read on the previous recruitment thread is not encouraging. Its more like a man-know-man thing than merit recruitment.

I can still defy all this and "rugged" everything to attend the interview, but my nairaland people, the question is, "is it really worth the stress"?

Please advise.

No risk, no reward they say..

If you've been following this thread for a while u'll have been convinced to remove every man-know-man mentality... Give it a try at all cost if indeed its your career dream, u applied for the job, u thought over before applying, man-know-man mentality didnt stop u from applying and writing the cbt.. Now at the penultimate stage of acheiving your dream job, U're giving up...

On the other hand u could give up and continue to follow this forum as things unfold and my testimony in a bit, will convince you towards giving it ur all in the next phase of recruitment..

Your call brother.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Femi11cf: 8:58am On Jul 02, 2019
Please do you know if anyone scheduled for later yesterday was asked to come back today. I'm asking so I'll know if I should reschedule my flight
Bankalert:
GT... The interview was fine... The panelists were friendly in their disposition towards and the interview Questions and response...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by omotayo9177: 9:16am On Jul 02, 2019
number5:

No risk, no reward they say..

If you've been following this thread for a while u'll have been convinced to remove every man-know-man mentality... Give it a try at all cost if indeed its your career dream, u applied for the job, u thought over before applying, man-know-man mentality didnt stop u from applying and writing the cbt.. Now at the penultimate stage of acheiving your dream job, U're giving up...

On the other hand u could give up and continue to follow this forum as things unfold and my testimony in a bit, will convince you towards giving it ur all in the next phase of recruitment..

Your call brother.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Bankalert(m): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2019
Femi11cf:
Please do you know if anyone scheduled for later yesterday was asked to come back today. I'm asking so I'll know if I should reschedule my flight
No... I don't
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by ucheuzor1(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2019
geektrovert:

You are a GT. You are allowed to add anything on your cv...they understand you are poised to impress. It might just show you are entrepreneurial.

But, prepare for a question like..how do you think the skill is beneficial and can be transferred to working at NNPC? If you can't comfortably answer this question..then drop it from your cv.

Thanks Man. I appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by adakoleagbenu: 9:37am On Jul 02, 2019
omotayo9177:
Good morning people.

Please advise.

bros I'm going from Lagos. I have actually gone from Lagos to Abuja on a Sunday, reached at night, slept in the motor park (it is fenced and gated with some security guards and other "sleepers') attended interview on Monday, used night bus,reported to work on Tuesday morning.

there are hotels of 4k-5k in Abuja. worse case scenario is that they are not so close to the city centre and you will need to head out very very early in the morning

this na Naija. no dulling.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by kcjnr007(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2019
geektrovert:

You dont need to directly answer the question if asked. You might say something like you believe NNPC is better suited to your long term career goals.

If they insist on why you are leaving, career progression is always a right answer...lol just dodge the question and focus on why you are applying to nnpc.. cheesy

Or if you have extensive experience..you can totally leave it out of your cv...

I have 2yrs+ experience with an FMCG in sales
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 02, 2019
Joegift:
Please i need help
I studied Pure and Applied mathematics, Please which of the subsidiaries can i fit in, and how can i be relevant to Nnpc.
Please Jarashub i really need ur help, this is my first ever interview session,
In my CV, I added my entrepreneur skill, am a Plumber, although i have worked in a construction company before.
Would it be wise to add this up in my CV, this my plumbing skill
I suggest you reason out that for yourself. However I wasn't asked which subsidiary I wanted to work in. You should research on how your course would add value to NNPC. Also, prepare to answer questions about risk you faced and how you mitigated it.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 02, 2019
omotayo9177:
Good morning people.

Please advise.
Don't let your village people succeed. Better find a way to go for the Interview. there is no harm in trying

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 10:25am On Jul 02, 2019
number5:

I'm currently running an m.Sc and with all things being equal, will round up later this month or early next month..

Xfire
Barbatee007
Geektrovert
Jarus

Pls do.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2019
@Jarus
@xfire
@mos4phy and other experts ,.

pls any input on the question on entrepreneurial experience for this NNPC interview. Whether to mention it or not since they may think you might not be the kind of person to take orders.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by geektrovert: 10:33am On Jul 02, 2019
number5:

Xfire
Barbatee007
Geektrovert
Jarus

Please put it by all means. MSc is no joke. You have worked hard for so long and you dont want to flaunt it?

You will round up before resumption to nnpc hopefully.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2019
Jarus:

Pls do.

Alright...thanx boss
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2019
geektrovert:

Please put it by all means. MSc is no joke. You have worked hard for so long and you dont want to flaunt it?

You will round up before resumption to nnpc hopefully.

Yes i sure will. Tnx boss

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by geektrovert: 10:41am On Jul 02, 2019
omotayo9177:
Good morning people.

Please advise.

Bros, you attract what you think. Magnetic law..lol cheesy

Please clear your mind of damaging thoughts like..you can't get a job unless you know someone. It's awkward!

Change that mindset and you will realise there are so many opportunities out there. My friends are working in places you can't even imagine.

World bank. UN. Total. ExxonMobil. Microsoft. Google. Nestle. What else? We all don't know anyone. We dont even want to know.

Since we finished school years ago, and realize we don't have big uncles, we don't have any option but to work hard, and work smart. The results are glaring.

Go for the interview. Put in your best. Convince yourself you will get the job. You are competent, bold and daring. And pray.

When you finish the interview, remove your mind from it and focus on other things.

If they call.you for the job, good for NNPC. If they don't call you, their loss. They just lost a gem.

32 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 02, 2019
Kspicz:
Please what SBU/CSU can someone who studied Human resources work in NNPC?

This is the funniest shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Macgyver1: 11:03am On Jul 02, 2019
geektrovert:

Bros, you attract what you think. Magnetic law..lol cheesy

Please clear your mind of damaging thoughts like..you can't get a job unless you know someone. It's awkward!

Change that mindset and you will realise there are so many opportunities out there. My friends are working in places you can't even imagine.

World bank. UN. Total. ExxonMobil. Microsoft. Google. Nestle. What else? We all don't know anyone. We dont even want to know.

Since we finished school years ago, and realize we don't have big uncles, we don't have any option but to work hard, and work smart. The results are glaring.

Go for the interview. Put in your best. Convince yourself you will get the job. You are competent, bold and daring. And pray.

When you finish the interview, remove your mind from it and focus on other things.

If they call.you for the job, good for NNPC. If they don't call you, their loss. They just lost a gem.

Well said bro!

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by martinsfm(m): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2019
Sempumping:

This is the funniest shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
i had to ignore
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by mvem(m): 11:14am On Jul 02, 2019
Kspicz:
Please what SBU/CSU can someone who studied Human resources work in NNPC?
are you joking ?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DavetutsAcademy: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2019
Is NNPC refunding transport fare? I'm considering taking flight vs taking road transport please.

Anybody in the house that have been to the Towers for this 2019 interview, please we need your help here ooo.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Voice234: 11:20am On Jul 02, 2019
Jarus:

lol. GT that earns N200k per month after N4m upfront?

Pro-rate that per month and see if it's anywhere close to Exxon, Shell, TOTAL, Chevron, NLNG - none of which pays less than N850k per month for entry level.

I think this upfront thing confuses people. These IOCs don't do upfront system like NNPC, but if you add NNPC's upfront to the paltry monthly payments afterwards, it is still not close to the guy that will pay you N1m per month at entry level.

So let's say Shell pays N850k per month (they were paying that like 7 years ago!), if they want to operate upfront system like NNPC and decide to be paying you N200k per month, your upfront will be N650k*12 = N7.8m! Compare that to NNPC's upfront of N4m for similar level.

It is only at managerial level that NNPC compares with these companies. At entry level, there is gulf of difference.

You are wrong. They also give upfront.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2019
Any idea how many candidates across all disciplines (GT) would be finally recruited? Any idea for Engineering specifically
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Mohayaks: 11:25am On Jul 02, 2019

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.