Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4829238 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
Gianluigizona:
So,

1. Tfare list is with finance, they are the ones processing payment. No real reason why payment is being done in batches. However, everyone ll get paid eventuarry.

2. Selection has been completed by HR and list is with the management board for approval.

3. August remains the timeline.

I didn't state anything different from what most people already know. I only called someone in corporate HR to confirm a thing or two...Good day Ladies and Gents.

Ezarlay
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Inception(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2019
FLOW101:
Seems you guys applied for HSE positions?

No. EH Mech. Eng.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by chukxx: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=Gianluigizona post=80775453]So,

1. Tfare list is with finance, they are the ones processing payment. No real reason why payment is being done in batches. However, everyone ll get paid eventuarry.

2. Selection has been completed by HR and list is with the management board for approval.

I didn't state anything different from what most people already know. I only called someone in corporate HR to confirm a thing or two...Good day Ladies and Gents.

[b]August when sir??
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
Beeam:
Heard someone sent him a Linkedin message requesting not to be paid Tfare by him.....

grin

Which larride guy? angry
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatken007(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
They were expecting a situational answer, even if you list all of those they are interested in examples of the forms of hazard... Physical (Slippery floor,poor lighting), Chemical (Fumes,gas), Ergonomic (Repetitive work, akward position), etc
simplebb:

The right answer should be Physical, Chemical, Biological and Ergonomic Hazards. That's the four types of workplace hazards.... You only made mention of examples under this types.

It can equally be 5 if one factor Psychological hazard into it.

Click on this link for further read

https://www.occupationalhc.com/2016/06/workplace-hazards-4-common-types/

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by FLOW101: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
So are you saying I won't score zero will my answer?

Greatken007:
They were expecting a situational answer, even if you list all of those they are interested in examples of the forms of hazard... Physical (Slippery floor,poor lighting), Chemical (Fumes,gas), Ergonomic (Repetitive work, akward position), etc
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
The way you guys answers questions got me thinking... There is a difference between types of hazards and examples of harzards.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by australiandream: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by kcjnr007(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
simplebb:

A good question.

Root Cause Analysis (RCA) refers to the process by which the key underlying cause of an unwanted event (accident, incident) is identified, this is quite different from the immediate cause. RCA have the potential to prevent recurrence of an hazard as it tackles the hazard at its main source. This is indeed the main reason for implementing a Root Cause Analysis to look beyond the surface cause (can be management approach to overall safety in the organization, lack of quality HSE education, no/poor enforcement of HSE policies, workplace conditions not good enough etc.) Thus addressing the recommended actions from the RCA will help to eliminate recurrence of the specific failure and also other failures which had a common root as the one that occurred.

In practice, at times it is impossible to identify with 100 percent certainty, a single root cause of an event. In such circumstances, it is prudent to work with the most likely causes and mitigate the risk of recurrence by addressing all of the potential causes of the event.

Root cause Analysis would help implementation of HSE as it serves as a proactive, preventive and effective means to address an hazard from occurring again. Simply put, one has an idea of the root cause of an hazard and can put in place corrective plans to forestall such from future occurrences.

Guys mk una calm down. We too dey mechanical and academical here.
At the top of my head, i may just say slips, trips, falls, fire and electrocution hazards.
Keep it simple

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
One of the things they are looking precision and your ability to communicate your answers in a very clear and concise manner
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
Can any local man or woman connect the bolded with AYAM Terhemba being a compensation analyst...
Gianluigizona:
So,

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Arysexy(m): 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
Double post
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Arysexy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
The Senate on Tuesday announced the composition of its standing committees as it adjourned plenary to Sept 24 th.

Some of the Committee chairmen are, Senators Barau Jibrin ( Appropriations ) , Ali Ndume ( Army ) , Dino Melaye ( Aviation) , Ibikunle Amosun ( Capital Market ) , Ike Ekweremadu ( Environment) , Abubakar Kyari ( FCT ) , Adeola Olamilekan ( Finance ) , Ibrahim Oloriegbe ( Health) , Sikiru Oshinowo ( Industry ) , Kashim Shettima ( Interior ) ,Teslim Folarin ( Local content ) , Adedayo Adeyeye ( Media and Public Affairs) , Bassey Akpan ( Petroleum Resources upstream) and Mathew Urhoghide ( Public Accounts)

Details soon

https://punchng.com/breaking-senate-names-69-committees-chairmen/

I hope this doesn't portend bad news for hopefuls
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
simplebb:

That's quite true.

These broad examples have been classified into types which was highlighted up there. For example in construction sites, hazards most noticeable are physical hazards (slip, fall from heights etc.)...generally, one have physical, chemical, biological, ergonomic and psychological (this one comes in form of burnout, stress at work, low pay etc) . The type of workplace will determine the most prevalent of this type of hazard.

If one is to list four, just go with physical, chemical, ergonomic and biological....

Listing the four categories of hazards is like answering a theoretical exam question. I doubt the panel would ask to just list 4 "hazards" from nowhere. It must have been related to the work environment you are possibly interviewing for. In construction sites, especially for O &G, works are broadly classified into "hot and "cold" works. Most times, works related to steel fabrications are classed as "hot work" and there
Are inherent hazards associated with it that are not present in cold works. So, you should have tried to narrow down the question to a particular work activity related to your field.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CsRockefeller(m): 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
Between being among the first two to be interviewed and being the last two which would you prefer?.....

And which of the set is likely to be thoroughly grilled?

I ask this because I was the second to the last on my date and my panel looked so tired, the first 5 minutes they weren't paying much attention to what I said.

My interview didn't last up to 10 minutes, was so disappointed, they didn't even peruse my CV.

The Chief Panelist even said my CV was so long (Didn't exceed 3 pages o)

embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by simplebb: 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2019
Inception:

Thanks a lot for your response.

This question was put forward to me by the Chief panelist.

I sensed that it was a situational question, so i identified an incident (Lifting a prefabrication for a major project , in which there was a pad-eye failure:a near miss) which required an investigative team (myself included). The inquiry then investigated the incident by identifying all possible causes that would have lead to that event , in which these possible causes were eliminated one by one (due to the evidence available) until the 'root cause' of the padeye failure was identified: Improper/nonexistent NDT/NDE prior to the lifting operation. I also went further to say that what lead to it not being a fatality or a serious loss was due to the redundancy built into the lifting design (which was recommended by the investigative team in the event this happens again in the future) and the need to ensure that proper NDT was to be perforemed for future lifts ..

Of course this never happened, but men, i simply had to improvise in that split second....I have since been worried about this answer. How do you see it?

Make sense boss... I Just gave a general answer, one should definitely give a real life scenario to drive home one's point. With that, one is more practical than just being the bookish type.

My HSE question, I equally painted real life scenario too.

Well done boss.

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by kachii77: 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2019
Gianluigizona:
So,

was also told the same info from someone there today

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by simplebb: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
yungmin:

Listing the four categories of hazards is like answering a theoretical exam question. I doubt the panel would ask to just list 4 "hazards" from nowhere. It must have been related to the work environment you are possibly interviewing for. In construction sites, especially for O &G, works are broadly classified into "hot and "cold" works. Most times, works related to steel fabrications are classed as "hot work" and there
Are inherent hazards associated with it that are not present in cold works. So, you should have tried to narrow down the question to a particular work activity related to your field.

I equally agree, listing to me doesn't mean one would just say physical and stop there, one will take time to elucidate further and link it to what can be seen in the work place. giving real life scenario to further drive home one's point also serves better.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ukodo1123: 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2019
Even though interview is 2min

The important mata is 2 carry them along

You answer should be captivating their attention
CsRockefeller:
Between being among the first two to be interviewed and being the last two which would you prefer?.....

And which of the set is likely to be thoroughly grilled?

I ask this because I was the second to the last on my date and my panel looked so tired, the first 5 minutes they weren't paying much attention to what I said.

My interview didn't last up to 10 minutes, was so disappointed, they didn't even peruse my CV.

The Chief Panelist even said my CV was so long (Didn't exceed 3 pages o)

embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by johnchima007(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
Just look at his teeth, if he is told to serve for free now he will run away o. grin

Kevlala:

They shouldn't prolong this process. Men are ready to answer the national call to serve this country.

It will end in praise. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CsRockefeller(m): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ukodo1123:
Even though interview is 2min

The important mata is 2 carry them along

You answer should be captivating their attention

They only came alive when I mentioned I had worked in a Bank......I was like it's in my CV now, pls peruse that CV and at the same time scared.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by FLOW101: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
My panel were not interested in further explanations. The Chairman stopped me when I wanted to explain on another question on renewable energy.

simplebb:

I equally agree, listing to me doesn't mean one would just say physical and stop there, one will take time to elucidate further and link it to what can be seen in the work place. giving real life scenario to further drive home one's point also serves better.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
Gianluigizona:
So,

Thanks alot for this update. I was hoping to see where you would mention the exact date to expect APL according to their plan atleast and to know the one or two you wanted to confirm if it relates to the matter at hand. However, your first paragraph isn't too clear to me, can you throw more light on 'TP list is with finance'?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by tejiri4(m): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
Sempumping:

Lie about what

Dont have strength to argue lets focus on APL thanks
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ppl are claiming call to service...
We will start singing national anthem here every day 6am and 6pm...
Anyone who fails to comply will be whipped! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Signed
Chief Whip,
NL Assembly,
AOLMW.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Urbanist2050: 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
It's time for Nigeria to go to sleep. Blows the trumpet.

souljar:
Ppl are claiming call to service...
We will start singing national anthem here every day 6am and 6pm...
Anyone who fails to comply will be whipped! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Signed
Chief Whip,
NL Assembly,
AOLMW.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by moogoogaipan: 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
FIRE yes...
but burns & slippage ain't it...
precursors to accident are hazard.

what could cause slippage? Wet floor
what could cause burns? fire, electricity, hot compress etc
Allah knows best brother...
FLOW101:
I was asked to list four types of hazards during the interview. I listed fire, slippage, and burns. Now I'm wondering if these were the appropriate answers.

Did anyone get asked the same question? How did you answer?

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by monlawal(m): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
"Every member of our Management shares Mr. President's vision that Govt’s institutions must be accountable to all Nigerians. We know we'll gain by becoming (more) transparent. We have nothing to hide.”
�: @MKKyari to the Okoi Obono Obla Panel, yesterday:

#OpenNNPC #TAPE https:///8Z85CAvZtl

NNPC is very serious about transparency this time around. It is giving me hope ó.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Urbanist2050: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Osinbajo says Buhari said South-East has special place in his heart. How will this affect the transparency of this NNPC recruitment?

Sai Baba should continue to belong to everybody and nobody.

https://dailynigerian.com/south-east-has-special-place-in-buharis-heart-osinbajo/
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by bobowaja(m): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
Urbanist2050:
Osinbajo says Buhari said South-East has special place in his heart. How will this affect the transparency of this NNPC recruitment?

https://dailynigerian.com/south-east-has-special-place-in-buharis-heart-osinbajo/
Leave the politicians to their games..... To avoid HBP

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by eclint(m): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
Urbanist2050:
[b]Osinbajo says[/b] [b]Buhari said [/b]South-East has special place in his heart. How will this affect the transparency of this NNPC recruitment?

grin
Thanks
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by klassd(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Urbanist2050:

SMH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.