Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4833201 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
Gbriels:
Chasteguy was right from the start.....I still think I was right too....but now, I'm thinking who is more right....
@chasteguy...abeg coman help me read this....
lol...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by mathology5431(m): 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
This one that LadyHeaven is quoting LadyJane....
What an interesting way to end my day! Drama is about to unfold!
Watch out! grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
GeniusOla:

What about this category of people
Hahaha... My chest cheesy
This person sha... Haba, in fact na him friends I blame!! News about NNPC recruitment wud really travel far, but we can consider this category too

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
Jarus:

25.6m people applying for NNPC jobs is statistically impossible.

Nigeria has a population of 180m. 25.6m means 1 out of every 7 Nigerians applied.

I doubt 3 people in my family of 100 applied. My mum and sisters did not apply. My wife and children did not apply. All carpenters and mechanics in my area did not apply.

So where is the 1 out of every 7 coming from?

Some stats are common sense. They cannot be true.

Nigeria has a population of 180m.
44% are 0-14 years of age, 53% between 15-64 years, and 2.7% above 65 years.
That means the number of adults of working age is 53% ie 95.4m. The literacy rate in Nigeria is 60%, that means only 57m are able to read and write from the adult population (an illiterate cannot apply to NNPC).

Now, that adult population includes people between 15-20 years, who could not have applied for NNPC. Let's say those are 5m. We have 52m left.

Now, are you saying 25m out of 52m (1 out of every 2 educated adult Nigerians) applied for NNPC job?

We have not even taken out those who are still in the universities, Polytechnics and COEs but are above 20 years.

It is just statistically impossible.
gbe fun!

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
mosgoon:

Spot on! Now, this is closer to market sizing estimation..professionally. We do it A LOT during my time at McK for big name clients and critical situations so once i saw that, i knew right away it was totally impossible
. Lol

Nothing much... I just felt like laffing cha

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by mathology5431(m): 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
Sempumping:

But what is Mck doing here again..oh Lawd cry cry

grin grin grin abeg no talk again oooo.....just continue dey your dey, we no want anoda E-war.........it's unhealthy for our present state of mind grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
mosgoon:
Honestly, I'm indifferent

Like say I don already know where you go pitch your tent ...lol... But deep down in you, you're wishing it is true

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Jarus:

grin cheesy

You want your frenemies here to come for your head again.

#LOL

I like you sha.
lol... Oga Jarus don catch am...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by iammiracle1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
LadyHeaven:

I hardly post here anymore but came on and saw this, sis we get you probably have a "connect" in NNPC enough of all this a friends sister's uncle's brother said ish, for this your sauce i can TELL you its definitely NOT true, there is NO correlation between TP/APL, so my people pray hard because even people inside towers have NO concrete info, and just formulate logical things they heard via hearsay. Bubu and Kyari intend to use this recruitment to set a new precedent it been the major recruitment since both parties entered power (president/minister of pet. & GMD) they intend to use it as a yard stick to prove that they are men of integrity and are fair, and to me its a welcome development, YES back door would still play out definitely [b]but merit level would surprise a whole lot of US, [/b]the only thing we can do now is PRAY, ignore so called sauces and face your God...most of them know not what they spew

GL

PS- Those with so called legit sauces would hardly ever post anything they hear, Nigerians are pretty superstitious and wouldn't want to jinx it by calling undue attention to themselves

Amin Jesu Oluwa o, Lord shock me with the thunder of APL grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
mosgoon:

haha. honestly, i don't even know again, sometimes i would want to type and then think deep unnecessarily because of past events. But i included that to give context as Management Consulting companies eat Estimations for food. I honestly don't care anymore what anyone thinks. I still remain on this thread cos it's a very fun thread and I want to see how events unfold

Feel free to say whatever you want to say. People will always accuse you of one thing or the other. It comes with social media participation. You can't stop it. I also get that from time to time, even on this thread, but I have learnt to ignore.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by froxydydx: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ngg

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
Jarus:

Feel free to say whatever you want to say. People will always accuse you of one thing or the other. It comes with social media participation. You can't stop it. I also get that from time to time, even on this thread, but I have learnt to ignore.
na so jare... Oya, Mosgoon, come and gist us more about McKinsey

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
Gbriels:
Tfare and APL don't relate unless u force them....
Thank u local man...@souljar
I have been on d look out for this phrases since thirty first of February any time I hear the word "relate" or
"relationship"...
Lol! The coordinator! Musa has seen a lot at the gate grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by krypton: 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
Jarus:

Nigeria has a population of 180m. 25.6m means 1 out of every 7 Nigerians applied.

I doubt 3 people in my family of 100 applied. My mum and sisters did not apply. My wife and children did not apply. All carpenters and mechanics in my area did not apply.

That means the number of adults of working age is 53% ie 95.4m. The literacy rate in Nigeria is 60%, that means only 57m are able to read and write from the adult population (an illiterate cannot apply to NNPC).

Now, that adult population includes people between 15-20 years, who could not have applied for NNPC. Let's say those are 5m. We have 52m left.

Now, are you saying 25m out of 52m (1 out of every 2 educated adult Nigerians) applied for NNPC job?

We have not even taken out those who are still in the universities, Polytechnics and COEs but are above 20 years.

Sirvingeo:
The people that registered for that job is not more than 250k . An Nnpc official that addressed us said it . He said most people didn’t qualify that was why they reduce the number for the CBT to 60k . And I was even surprised when he pegged the interview list at 9000.
After that I was wondering where the million applicant information emanated from. Nigeria bloggers are liars .
Nice analysis Jarus, though my submission to mosgoon earlier shows that the number of applicants can't be less than 400,000 or even 800,000 as mentioned in some posts.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by mathology5431(m): 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2019
Sempumping:

You mean I like to fight embarassed ? I only asked a question na

I told you all about %merit bah ...... Everyone uld be shocked at the amount of deserving local men and women that would be successful grin.

That's the only exciting thing about this process
Why do I feel so positive, believing you!....let's hope n pray for the best then!

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2019
krypton:

Nice analysis Jarus, though my submission to mosgoon earlier shows that the number of applicants can't be less than 400,000 or even 800,000 as mentioned in some posts.

1m is even a believable figure. I suspect that applicant's number tells it. I saw a 600k number for GT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2019
krypton:

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by fabbiano77(m): 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Jarus:

Well done o....You are good statistician
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by krypton: 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
Jarus:

1m is even a believable figure. I suspect that applicant's number tells it. I saw a 600k number for GT
Exactly
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
Jarus:

That means the number of adults of working age is 53% ie 95.4m. The literacy rate in Nigeria is 60%, that means only 57m are able to read and write from the adult population
(an illiterate cannot apply to NNPC).

@bolded, as simple as that.
Wikipedia, though not very reliable, even gave pop. figures for age brackets 0-4, 5-9, all the way up to 85+... you could estimate ~60m people within the ages 20 - 50, and the illiteracy rate in Nigeria pushes that figure way down to 36m, then start adding all the other parameters... Ayam tired. This explanation no even shift September 9th closer

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
ChasteGhuy:
abi na... Since 26million people applied, it's very possible Wadume applied too coz he's within the age bracket for EH... Even though he didn't attend uni
Lmao... Permission to faint sir
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
souljar:

Lmao... Permission to faint sir

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by GeniusOla(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
ChasteGhuy:
na so jare... Oya, Mosgoon, come and gist us more about McKinsey
grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Chibusoil: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lol. Una too worry. When APL makes us finally meet. U do whateva.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by mathology5431(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2019
Chibusoil:
You're still here ba!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Rahl444: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ladyjane5657:
Another hot one....another sauce... From PH refineries tho... ( no be towers for AbJ... Quote me well)

Sis called and told me not to pray for Alert o ( whereas local woman has been begging God for it) cox a HR lady she asked had told her the pattern of payment was some sort of selective measures... Abeg no crucify me o... Na information ah dey pass so... Truthfully
( I have been an ardent believer and crusader of NO CORRELATION BTW APL AND ALERT)..

So right now all I want is my Apl .. Alert can come later...

PS: don't quote me or the hanty that called me, quote the HR hanty that gave her the info...

I'm off...Lemme keep sourcing for more sauces... It must be served HOT!

....Who is this?Just for once keep your mouth close .you are too loud.And learn how to keep some ridiculous info to your self Haba!

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
Chibusoil:
teaser4, please borrow me your thunder

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by dave00733(m): 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
Chibusoil:
angry sad

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
mathology5431:

You're still here ba!
yahoo boy don use the guy boxers

(1) (2) (3) ... (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.