Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,857 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... (4782 Views)

Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) / What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook / Are You Eating Unclean Meat? Are You Following God Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by CaveAdullam: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2019
providence338:

Who me? (looks around). Argumentative? How so? grin
I suggest you take your own advice lol. Stop imagining strife where there is none wink

See my posts above. I believe the scriptures provided answers most of your questions.

THERE'S ONE LAW FOR THE ISRAELITES AND THE FOREIGNER

Num 9:14, 15:16, Exo 12:49, Lev 24:22

In as far as your last statement.. Jesus Christ kept every aspect of the law.
You all quote from apostle Paul so much, but conveniently overlook the fact that he imitated Jesus the LAW-KEEPER, and instructed us to do the same. (1 Cor 11:1, 4:16), (Phil 3:17), (1 Thess 1:6)

That Christ was the "end" of the law doesn't mean the law ceases to exist.
How can something be declared the "end" in one book, but be called "eternal" in another? (Psalm 119:160)

If Christ was the "end" of the law, then why is the Sabbath referenced in the end-time tribulation? (Matt 24:20)?
Why are Paul and the apostles still keeping the law, and (rightfully so) instructing gentiles to do the same?
Why is the law going to be observed by EVERYBODY during the millennial reign, with Christ as our ruler in Zion?

"THE LAW SHALL GO FORTH FROM ZION AND THE WORD OF THE LORD FROM JERUSALEM" (Isa 2:3, Mic 4:2)

Everyone here is justifying the eradication of God's laws based on a single man's writings (Paul).
This poses a serious problem. The Word of God cannot be broken.
If Paul is saying "the law is done away with", we should see similar language by the other authors. We don't.
Christ HIMSELF said he didn't do away with the law but to "fulfill" it....and not ONE dot or tittle shall pass from the law until HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY AND ALL IS ACCOMPLISHED.

Has heaven and earth passed away?
Has all been accomplished?

Christ is the "end" of the law is not what you think it means. the Bible interprets itself. It can't be praised, extolled, and observed by the same man who supposedly said it ended (Rom 7:12). This calls for further study on your part.

I challenge you to read other online Bible versions of Matt 5:17, and also see what "fulfill" in the concordance means (G4137)

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4137&t=NKJV
If I should ignore this mention, it will seems to you that you have made a point, but however, due to the fact that the classic specimen of a human being is doing justice to this matter at hand I will still ignore you.

You can however choose to be my guest.

Good day.

Thanks.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
CaveAdullam:
If I should ignore this mention, it will seems to you that you have made a point, but however, due to the fact that the classic specimen of a human being is doing justice to this matter at hand I will still ignore you.

Good day.

Thanks.

God bless.

Lol. Can't rebut the written word eh? wink

You don't ignore me -- but then written word of the Most High.

I'm not the one who said we should imitate Christ...the ultimate Law Keeper himself.

But no problem. Good day to you too. Blessings.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by Goshen360(m): 5:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
providence338:

I'm not the one who said we should imitate Christ...the ultimate Law Keeper himself.

I can't even respond to you in your comment to me because, you are deep into this law thing and you're just jump quoting scriptures from left to right, from old to new WITHOUT RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth.

I just don't have the energy right now to dismantle your errors but I believe I'll have time and energy someday. We can dig it out then.

Enjoy your errors, until then.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
Goshen360:

I can't even respond to you in your comment to me because, you are deep into this law thing and you're just jump quoting scriptures from left to right, from old to new WITHOUT RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth.

I just don't have the energy right now to dismantle your errors but I believe I'll have time and energy someday. We can dig it out then.

Okay. That's all I ask. If I'm in error, I'll humbly repent to God and ask forgiveness from anyone I might have led astray with the insistence of obeying God's laws. Including each and every one of you in this thread.

I don't know everything, but if I'm not rightly dividing the word, then someone please SHOW ME my error. Instead of "ignoring" me, accusing me of being "argumentative", or simply proclaiming I'm in error with no sufficient proof to back it up, I'm still waiting for someone to SHOW ME my error, as per the scriptures.

To rightly divide the word, is to understand scriptures IN THEIR PROPER CONTEXT.
You need the Bible to interpret the Bible. It must interpret itself.
Line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little.

God's law, statues and commandments are discussed in virtually every book of the Bible. But I've noticed every single person who says the laws are "done away with" pull only from the writings of just Paul. Thus overlooking scriptures from Genesis (Gen 26:5) to Revelation (Rev 14:12) that clearly tell us to keep God's laws.

Paul's letters must be in agreement with the rest of scripture. For those who somehow think the OT doesn't count anymore, even the NT has many scriptures instructing us to keep the law. Including countless scriptures from Paul himself, whom you all say "did away with the law".

How can you say I'm not rightly dividing when I've used a body of scriptures to prove the existence of God's laws, yet you can only defend otherwise from ONE APOSTLE'S writings? Are you sure you're not guilty of the very thing you accuse me of?

Anywhoo, I don't blame you. I was under this deception myself. This is not a milk teaching. Go to God in prayer about this. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you into ALL TRUTH regarding this matter. Holla back when you're ready.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by Goshen360(m): 5:47am On Jul 24, 2019
providence338:

Okay. That's all I ask. If I'm in error, I'll humbly repent to God and ask forgiveness from anyone I might have led astray with the insistence of obeying God's laws. Including each and every one of you in this thread.

I don't know everything, but if I'm not rightly dividing the word, then someone please SHOW ME my error. Instead of "ignoring" me, accusing me of being "argumentative", or simply proclaiming I'm in error with no sufficient proof to back it up, I'm still waiting for someone to SHOW ME my error, as per the scriptures.

To rightly divide the word, is to understand scriptures IN THEIR PROPER CONTEXT.

God's law, statues and commandments are discussed in virtually every book of the Bible. But I've noticed every single person who says the laws are "done away with" pull only from the writings of just Paul. Thus overlooking scriptures from Genesis (Gen 26:5) to Revelation (Rev 14:12) that clearly tell us to keep God's laws.

Paul's letters must be in agreement with the rest of scripture. For those who somehow think the OT doesn't count anymore, even the NT has many scriptures instructing us to keep the law. Including countless scriptures from Paul himself, whom you all say "did away with the law".

How can you say I'm not rightly dividing when I've used a body of scriptures to prove the existence of God's laws, yet you can only defend otherwise from ONE APOSTLE'S writings? Are you sure you're not guilty of the very thing you accuse me of?

Anywhoo, I don't blame you. I was under this deception myself. This is not a milk teaching. Go to God in prayer about this. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you into ALL TRUTH regarding this matter. Holla back when you're ready.

Shalom.

I will try to discuss whenever I have the time AND ENERGY. OK.

Shalom
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 5:54am On Jul 24, 2019
providence338:

Shalom.

Hey dear, good morning.

I've been reading your posts on this thread, and I kinda understand the angle you're coming from.

Since this is not gonna be argument about who is right or wrong, I'll be happy to discuss with you.

How's hubby and the baby? Hope y'all doing well.

Cheers
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
Goshen360:

Shalom

Yes, please do so after you've humbled yourself and consulted with the HOLY SPIRIT. OK?

He will testify to all things true.

Amen.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
OkCornel:

Hey dear, good morning.

I've been reading your posts on this thread, and I kinda understand the angle you're coming from.

Since this is not gonna be argument about who is right or wrong, I'll be happy to discuss with you.

How's hubby and the baby? Hope y'all doing well.

Cheers

Greetings brother OKCornel!

We're fine, thanks. I pray you and yours are doing well by the grace of God.
I discern your humility and find your willingness to explore this topic very refreshing.
It makes all this wahala worth it grin

I must put my reasons for starting this thread in its proper perspective.
You're absolutely correct in that this is NOT an argument, nor about right or wrong.
Thank you for being able to see that.

This discussion began in another thread about dreams and the end time church.
I explained to EMILOYSTAY2 that there is a remnant of the church that will NOT suffer persecution during the tribulation.
For the simple reason that these believers mimic the early church.
This is the church of Philadelphia.

Careful study of this church shows they comprise of the TRUE ISRAELITES, and the gentiles that follow them.
The white ashkenazi jews in the land of Israel right now are NOT THE SONS OF JACOB (there's no such thing as an ashkenazi jew).
These white jews are working hard to build the temple the antichrist will stand in.
They're satan's fake version of God's chosen people.
They adhere to the Babylonian Talmud...NOT THE HOLY TORAH.
The Talmud says the Messiah is boiling in hot excrement among other blasphemous things.
No other book vilifies the Messiah...not even the Koran. It's purely satanic.

The TRUE ISRAELITES are keeping their God's laws, statutes and commandments from days of old.
They shall escape the tribulation by God making a way for them in the wilderness.
They are the church (woman) described in Rev 12.

There are many churches.
But it appears that this church has GOD'S MARK.. His seal of protection.
Because they kept his WORD (TORAH).

This is not a salvation issue. Salvation comes by Grace.
God is blessing those who come to Him, and acknowledge Jesus' work on the cross...
Torah observant or not.
But there's a higher blessing for those who keep Torah.
Something that's coming under increasing attack...

I'm happy to discuss this issue further -- ask me anything, I'll do my best to help! grin
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by MuttleyLaff: 10:55am On Jul 28, 2019
providence338:
Christ said do not commit adultery. This is the 7th commandment.

He went even FURTHER in the SPIRIT OF THE LAW, and said to not even THINK about committing adultery.

Christ said do not murder.

He went even FURTHER in the SPIRIT OF THE LAW, and said to not even have HATE in your heart for your brother.

Herein is the FRUIT of keeping Yah's laws, statutes and commandments..of which I enjoy very much. Thanks grin

If you are the believer in Christ you purport to be, then you'd do well in doing the same. Bless you.
Belated congrats on your successful delivery of the young king. You and your child are blessed. Now with the relevant niceties having been followed.

Yes, do not commit adultery, is the 7th commandment, it even, is a commandment repeated by Jesus and its true that Jesus said to not even THINK about committing adultery, but Jesus never pronounced any command to believers in regards keeping an end of week day sabbath.

Yes, Christ said do not murder. He went even FURTHER in the SPIRIT OF THE LAW, and said to not even have HATE in your heart for your brother, but still, Jesus never pronounced any command to believers in regards keeping an end of week day sabbath.

If you, dear providence338, are the believer in Christ you purport to be, then you'd do well in not coveting what is not yours. Stop yearning to possess things, like especially desiring something belonging to another, stop aching for and hungering after a command given to a different set of people in a different time zone or era. God bless you more as you do.

providence338:
Who me? (looks around). Argumentative? How so? grin
I suggest you take your own advice lol. Stop imagining strife where there is none wink
CaveAdullam asked you who the law was meant to, but you responded by quoting Old testament verses like Num 9:14, 15:16, Exo 12:49, Lev 24:22 back to him, then you contradicted yourself by looking towards Paul for support, by quoting his letters such as, 1 Cor 11:1, 4:16, Phil 3:17 and 1 Thess 1:6, meanwhile a few lines later and below, you are saying: "Everyone here is justifying the eradication of God's laws based on a single man's writings (Paul)" If you so much stand by Paul's words, why not go the whole shebang, hmm?

providence338:
See my posts above. I believe the scriptures provided answers most of your questions.

Well, fyi, all that Num 9:14, 15:16, Exo 12:49, Lev 24:22 jazz are not applicable to foreigners or gentiles who happen to be believers upon hearing the Good News or Gospel

providence338:
In as far as your last statement.. Jesus Christ kept every aspect of the law.
You all quote from apostle Paul so much, but conveniently overlook the fact that he imitated Jesus the LAW-KEEPER, and instructed us to do the same. (1 Cor 11:1, 4:16), (Phil 3:17), (1 Thess 1:6)
Jesus Christ kept every aspect of the law, up until to His death on the cross of calvary

providence338:
That Christ was the "end" of the law doesn't mean the law ceases to exist.
How can something be declared the "end" in one book, but be called "eternal" in another? (Psalm 119:160)

If Christ was the "end" of the law, then why is the Sabbath referenced in the end-time tribulation? (Matt 24:20)?
What if the sabbath word was mentioned or referenced, hmm?. Did you read observing the sabbath anywhere in the Matthew 24:20 mention or reference, erhn?

providence338:
Why are Paul and the apostles still keeping the law, and (rightfully so) instructing gentiles to do the same?
Why is the law going to be observed by EVERYBODY during the millennial reign, with Christ as our ruler in Zion?

"THE LAW SHALL GO FORTH FROM ZION AND THE WORD OF THE LORD FROM JERUSALEM" (Isa 2:3, Mic 4:2)
It is the new law that is going to be observed by EVERYBODY during the millennial reign, with Christ as our ruler in Zion

providence338:
Everyone here is justifying the eradication of God's laws based on a single man's writings (Paul).
This poses a serious problem. The Word of God cannot be broken.
If Paul is saying "the law is done away with", we should see similar language by the other authors. We don't.
Christ HIMSELF said he didn't do away with the law but to "fulfill" it....and not ONE dot or tittle shall pass from the law until HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY AND ALL IS ACCOMPLISHED.
It seems you're one of those, who have a vendetta against Paul and so a bone to pick with him, hmm?

providence338:
Has heaven and earth passed away?
Has all been accomplished?

Christ is the "end" of the law is not what you think it means. the Bible interprets itself. It can't be praised, extolled, and observed by the same man who supposedly said it ended (Rom 7:12). This calls for further study on your part.

I challenge you to read other online Bible versions of Matt 5:17, and also see what "fulfill" in the concordance means (G4137)

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4137&t=NKJV
"2There He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
3Suddenly Moses and Elijah appeared before them, talking with Jesus.
"
- Matthew 17:2-3

"I tell you," Jesus added,
"John is greater than anyone who has ever lived. But the one who is least in the Kingdom of God is greater than John.
"
- Luke 7:28

Here you are bring up lexicon, but do you understand the meaning of and know the implication of Matthew 17:2-3 above hmm? I mean the significance of Moses and Elijah appearing before the inner caucus and talking with Jesus, hmm?

My dearie sister, I tell you if you really do understand the meanings of Matthew 17:2-3 and Luke 7:28 above, you wouldnt be quoting or sign posting people to Matthew 5:17

Please dont get it twisted providence338, Paul in Romans 7:12, is merely saying one is release by a new, superior and more powerful law from an old, holding back, slowing one down, holding one back, inhibiting and interfering with one's progress law. The law of gravity is made redundant, made useless, made irrelevant, made look like nothing, made inoperable, made to look like as if dead made etcetera when faced with a superior law, a more powerful law, a senior law, a stronger law, the law of aerodynamics

CaveAdullam:

Good day.

Thanks.

God bless.

providence338:

"He brought an end to the commandments and demands found in Moses' Teachings (i.e. abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances) so that he could take Jewish and non-Jewish people and create one new humanity in himself. So he made peace"
- Ephesians 2:15
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by MuttleyLaff: 10:55am On Jul 28, 2019
Goshen360:

Well spotted

providence338:
1/ Will you be selling your daughter as slave?
2/ Why aren't you determined on buying male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you, hmm?
3/ Have you stoned to death yet a same sex attraction person?
4/ Do you see yourself as impure for 7 days when having your monthly period?
5/ Why do you enjoy eating catfish, shrimps, lobsters, crabs, ham, bacon, belly pork, pepperoni in pizzas etcetera
6/ If you or your hubby wear spectacles, what are you then doing near the altar (i.e. Leviticus 21:17-23)

providence338:

Shalom.

You honestly dont realise that false modesty is just as bad, if not worse than arrogance.

Goshen360:

Shalom

providence338:
Yes, please do so after you've humbled yourself and consulted with the HOLY SPIRIT. OK?

He will testify to all things true.

Amen.
Ouch, yeparipa, a whole agbalagbi Goshen360 na.

providence338:

I discern your humility and find your willingness to explore this topic very refreshing.

You're absolutely correct in that this is NOT an argument, nor about right or wrong.

I explained to EMILOYSTAY2 that there is a remnant of the church that will NOT suffer persecution during the tribulation.

Careful study of this church shows they comprise of the TRUE ISRAELITES, and the gentiles that follow them.
The white ashkenazi jews in the land of Israel right now are NOT THE SONS OF JACOB (there's no such thing as an ashkenazi jew).
These white jews are working hard to build the temple the antichrist will stand in.
The Talmud says the Messiah is boiling in hot excrement among other blasphemous things.

The TRUE ISRAELITES are keeping their God's laws, statutes and commandments from days of old.
They shall escape the tribulation by God making a way for them in the wilderness.

There are many churches.

God is blessing those who come to Him, and acknowledge Jesus' work on the cross...
Torah observant or not.

I'm happy to discuss this issue further -- ask me anything, I'll do my best to help! grin
"15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
16Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath.
17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ
"
- Colossians 2:15-17

Then Jesus declared,
"The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."

- Mark 2:27

"9But now that you know God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you are turning back to those weak and worthless principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?
10You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!
11I fear for you, that my efforts for you may have been in vain.
"
- Galatians 4:9-11

"Don't be led astray by various kinds of strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be established by grace..."
- Hebrews 13:9a

Asides, the paragraph with the Ashkenazi Jews content, everything else is, you wetting your finger and holding it up in the air
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Belated congrats on your successful delivery of the young king. You and your child are blessed.

He's our king indeed. Thank you so much.
Will address your posts really soon.

Blessings

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by MuttleyLaff: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2019
providence338:
He's our king indeed. Thank you so much.
Will address your posts really soon.
Blessings
I'll prefer you objectively address the posts though.
Shalom.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 3:41am On Jul 31, 2019
Yes, do not commit adultery, is the 7th commandment, it even, is a commandment repeated by Jesus and its true that Jesus said to not even THINK about committing adultery, but Jesus never pronounced any command to believers in regards keeping an end of week day sabbath.

Yes, Christ said do not murder. He went even FURTHER in the SPIRIT OF THE LAW, and said to not even have HATE in your heart for your brother, but still, Jesus never pronounced any command to believers in regards keeping an end of week day sabbath.

You're correct...I don't see where Jesus commanded believers to keep the Sabbath.
That's because the only "believers" at that time, the Israelites, were ALREADY keeping the Sabbath.
So had Adam. Noah. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc. From the days of old.
The 4th commandment begins with the word: "REMEMBER" for a reason.
Keeping the sabbath holy was a commandment observed from the days of Creation.
If you don't want to keep it, that's fine.
But Jesus DID SAY he came NOT to abolish the commandments (Sabbath)....but embody it.
If Yahshua fulfilled the commandments, then being imitators of Christ, we're to fulfill it too.

If you, dear providence338, are the believer in Christ you purport to be, then you'd do well in not coveting what is not yours. Stop yearning to possess things, like especially desiring something belonging to another, stop aching for and hungering after a command given to a different set of people in a different time zone or era. God bless you more as you do.

I long and yearn to do what thus sayeth the LORD.
I believe in the Old Testament and New Testament.
I don't believe the NT nullifies the OT, but is in fact built up from it.
Therefore, I believe what God said in the OT also applied in NT times, and still applies today.

"For I am the LORD, I changeth not" (Mal 3:6)

The scriptures regarding the Law and the Stranger....
Strangers (gentiles) always lived and dwelled amongst the Israelites.
God was saying BOTH GROUPS shall observe THE SAME LAW.

CaveAdullam asked you who the law was meant to, but you responded by quoting Old testament verses like Num 9:14, 15:16, Exo 12:49, Lev 24:22 back to him, then you contradicted yourself by looking towards Paul for support, by quoting his letters such as, 1 Cor 11:1, 4:16, Phil 3:17 and 1 Thess 1:6, meanwhile a few lines later and below, you are saying: "Everyone here is justifying the eradication of God's laws based on a single man's writings (Paul)" If you so much stand by Paul's words, why not go the whole shebang, hmm?

Based on GOD'S OWN WORDS the law is meant for the Israelite and stranger.
God's truth endureth to all generations (Psa 100:5) and reaches to the skies (Psa 108:5)

Your word, O LORD, is everlasting; it is firmly fixed in the heavens" Psalm 119:89

Well, fyi, all that Num 9:14, 15:16, Exo 12:49, Lev 24:22 jazz are not applicable to foreigners or gentiles who happen to be believers upon hearing the Good News or Gospel

If that were the case, why did Paul instruct the gentiles who heard the gospel to first abstain from idol worship, fornication and unclean food (all in Torah), as they learned the LAW OF MOSES PREACHED IN THE SYNAGOGUES EVERY SABBATH? (Acts 15:20-21)

Jesus Christ kept every aspect of the law, up until to His death on the cross of calvary

What if the sabbath word was mentioned or referenced, hmm?. Did you read observing the sabbath anywhere in the Matthew 24:20 mention or reference, erhn?

It is the new law that is going to be observed by EVERYBODY during the millennial reign, with Christ as our ruler in Zion

I was simply remarking how the Sabbath is apparently relevant even during the end-times tribulation.

There is ONE LAW for the Israelite and the stranger.
That same law is the law Jesus said he DID NOT ABOLISH, NOR DO AWAY WITH.
That same law is the law taught by the apostles to the newly converted gentiles
The same Christ who said not one dot or tittle shall pass from the LAW will rule with this same law.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Heb 13:8 )

There's evidence that there are certain "commandments" and "laws" in scripture that were NOT God's holy laws, statutes or commandments.
But in as far as God's laws, there's only ONE.
More on that later.
Would love to see scriptural evidence of this "new law".

It seems you're one of those, who have a vendetta against Paul and so a bone to pick with him, hmm?

Um...negative.
In my post to EMILOSTAY2, I addressed how Paul must be the most MISUNDERSTOOD MAN OF ALL TIME.
The man died defending himself against his own people who FALSELY accused him of preaching "the law is done away with".
I had to repent when I found out that the modern church is doing the same thing....
attributing the[b] LIE[/b] that "the law is done away with" to him...
If the Creator of the Law did not do away with His own law...why would Paul?
Maybe because Paul never DID what we've all been brainwashed to believe. (Rom 3:31)

You can show nowhere where I hold a vendetta against any holy man of scripture.
I've in fact shown the opposite.

"2There He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
3Suddenly Moses and Elijah appeared before them, talking with Jesus.
"
- Matthew 17:2-3

"I tell you," Jesus added,
"John is greater than anyone who has ever lived. But the one who is least in the Kingdom of God is greater than John.
"
- Luke 7:28

Here you are bring up lexicon, but do you understand the meaning of and know the implication of Matthew 17:2-3 above hmm? I mean the significance of Moses and Elijah appearing before the inner caucus and talking with Jesus, hmm?

My dearie sister, I tell you if you really do understand the meanings of Matthew 17:2-3 and Luke 7:28 above, you wouldnt be quoting or sign posting people to Matthew 5:17

The transfiguration symbolizes the Law and the Prophets.
God's Law is eternal (Psa 119:160). Israel rose and fell because of the Law.
And every Prophet observed the Law. Including the High Priest himself.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets." (Matt 5:17)

Please dont get it twisted providence338, Paul in Romans 7:12, is merely saying one is release by a new, superior and more powerful law from an old, holding back, slowing one down, holding one back, inhibiting and interfering with one's progress law. The law of gravity is made redundant, made useless, made irrelevant, made look like nothing, made inoperable, made to look like as if dead made etcetera when faced with a superior law, a more powerful law, a senior law, a stronger law, the law of aerodynamics

"He brought an end to the commandments and demands found in Moses' Teachings (i.e. abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances) so that he could take Jewish and non-Jewish people and create one new humanity in himself. So he made peace"
- Ephesians 2:15

Hmmm. interesting translation (falsely) including the phrase: "Moses' Teachings" (CEV). Never heard of it.
Pay careful attention to the word "ordinances".
"Ordinances" could mean any political or religious announcement, judgement or decree.
Whatever this "ordinance" was in this verse, caused hatred and division.
Thus, whatever the "law of commandments contained in ordinances" is clearly NOT talking about God's Law.

Because:

"THERE'S ONE LAW FOR THE ISRAELITES AND THE FOREIGNER"

God's laws ALWAYS brought people who worshipped Him in spirit and truth TOGETHER.
Since Abraham and Eleazar. Since the mixed multitude in Egypt. Since the mixed multitude at Mt. Sinai.
The legalistic spirit which pervaded the early church by the pharisees is what Paul is referring to here.

The "law of commandments contained in ordinances" was their own doctrine/traditions of men (Matt 15:3,6,9). Not God's law.

Think about it. God's law can't be "holy, good and just" (Rom 7:12) and "hostile" (Eph 2:15) at the same time...

(please give me a min....working on 2nd post.... grin )
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by MuttleyLaff: 4:17am On Jul 31, 2019
providence338:
You're correct...I don't see where Jesus commanded believers to keep the Sabbath.
That's because the only "believers" at that time, the Israelites, were ALREADY keeping the Sabbath.
So had Adam. Noah. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc. From the days of old.
The 4th commandment begins with the word: "REMEMBER" for a reason.
Keeping the sabbath holy was a commandment observed from the days of Creation.
If you don't want to keep it, that's fine.
But Jesus DID SAY he came NOT to abolish the commandments (Sabbath)....but embody it.
If Yahshua fulfilled the commandments, then being imitators of Christ, we're to fulfill it too.

I long and yearn to do what thus sayeth the LORD.
I believe in the Old Testament and New Testament.
I don't believe the NT nullifies the OT, but is in fact built up from it.
Therefore, I believe what God said in the OT also applied in NT times, and still applies today.

"For I am the LORD, I changeth not" (Mal 3:6)

The scriptures regarding the Law and the Stranger....
Strangers (gentiles) always lived and dwelled amongst the Israelites.
God was saying BOTH GROUPS shall observe THE SAME LAW.

Based on GOD'S OWN WORDS the law is meant for the Israelite and stranger.
God's truth endureth to all generations (Psa 100:5) and reaches to the skies (Psa 108:5)

Your word, O LORD, is everlasting; it is firmly fixed in the heavens" Psalm 119:89

If that were the case, why did Paul instruct the gentiles who heard the gospel to first abstain from idol worship, fornication and unclean food (all in Torah), as they learned the LAW OF MOSES PREACHED IN THE SYNAGOGUES EVERY SABBATH? (Acts 15:20-21)

I was simply remarking how the Sabbath is apparently relevant even during the end-times tribulation.

There is ONE LAW for the Israelite and the stranger.
That same law is the law Jesus said he DID NOT ABOLISH, NOR DO AWAY WITH.
That same law is the law taught by the apostles to the newly converted gentiles
The same Christ who said not one dot or tittle shall pass from the LAW will rule with this same law.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Heb 13:8 )

There's evidence that there are certain "commandments" and "laws" in scripture that were NOT God's holy laws, statutes or commandments.
But in as far as God's laws, there's only ONE.
More on that later.
Would love to see scriptural evidence of this "new law".

Um...negative.
In my post to EMILOSTAY2, I addressed how Paul must be the most MISUNDERSTOOD MAN OF ALL TIME.
The man died defending himself against his own people who FALSELY accused him of preaching "the law is done away with".
I had to repent when I found out that the modern church is doing the same thing....
attributing the LIE that "the law is done away with" to him...
If the Creator of the Law did not do away with His own law...why would Paul?
Maybe because Paul never DID what we've all been brainwashed to believe. (Rom 3:31)

You can show nowhere where I hold a vendetta against any holy man of scripture.
I've in fact shown the opposite.

The transfiguration symbolizes the Law and the Prophets.
God's Law is eternal (Psa 119:160). Israel rose and fell because of the Law.
And every Prophet observed the Law. Including the High Priest himself.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets." (Matt 5:17)

Hmmm... interesting translation which included Moses' Teachings (CEV). Never heard of it.
Pay careful attention to the word "ordinances".
"Ordinances" could mean any political or religious announcement, judgement or decree.
Whatever this "ordinance" was in this verse, caused hatred and division.
Thus, whatever the "law of commandments contained in ordinances" is clearly NOT talking about God's Law.

Because:

"THERE'S ONE LAW FOR THE ISRAELITES AND THE FOREIGNER"

God's laws ALWAYS brought people who worshipped Him in spirit and truth TOGETHER.
Since Abraham and Eleazar. Since the mixed multitude in Egypt. Since the mixed multitude at Mt. Sinai.
The legalistic spirit which pervaded the early church by the pharisees is what Paul is referring to here.

The "law of commandments contained in ordinances" was their own doctrine/traditions of men (Matt 15:3,6,9). Not God's law.

Think about it. God's law can't be "holy, good and just" (Rom 7:12) and "hostile" (Eph 2:15) at the same time...

(please give me a min....working on 2nd post.... grin )
Dont worry, I'll give you all the time in the world, you need and/or require before I together respond to this post and the second post you're working on

I can straightaway respond to this post, I am actually itchy to respond to it but I'll wait until you finish with the 2nd post
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2019
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=80704533]Well spotted

1/ Will you be selling your daughter as slave?
2/ Why aren't you determined on buying male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you, hmm?
3/ Have you stoned to death yet a same sex attraction person?
4/ Do you see yourself as impure for 7 days when having your monthly period?
5/ Why do you enjoy eating catfish, shrimps, lobsters, crabs, ham, bacon, belly pork, pepperoni in pizzas etcetera
6/ If you or your hubby wear spectacles, what are you then doing near the altar (i.e. Leviticus 21:17-23)

1. The laws regarding slavery were civil laws which applied to the Israelites WHEN THEY WERE A NATION.
WHEN ISRAEL WAS A NATION, there were codes of conduct (in the law) on how they were to acquire slaves, treat them, etc. God even made it so that they were treated equitably and fairly, just like how Abraham treated Eleazar. These laws WERE TO PROTECT THE SLAVES, not harm or abuse them (which was against the law). This slavery was more like the house-boy/house-girl servitude still practiced in naija and other nations across the world not the chattel slavery as seen by the Arab and Atlantic slave trades.

2. If you or I wanted a house help we could acquire one easily.
All God is saying here it treat them fairly and with respect.
And hopefully, they'll come to worship the God that you do.
Just like Eleazar did.

3. I think this is merely symbolic of a nation's form of capital punishment. You're right in that I don't see the Israelites stoning people (en masses) in the NT because Christ showed no one is fit to execute justice anymore. The legalistic pharisees of the NT were a huge downgrade from the Levite priests of the OT. Christ showed he's High Priest in the order of Melchizedek, he will execute righteous judgment. Not us.

That said, the Levitical priesthood will be RESTORED in the 4th temple which shall be the Temple of the Lord in the Millennial Reign (Eze 43:19). We shall ALL be observing this Law. Read Ezekiel Chapters 40-48 for broader context. God's Law, the way it was ORIGINALLY INTENDED shall go forth. Yet another precept to Isa 2:3 and Mic 4:2. God's Laws were never "done away with".

4. There are certain things women should abstain from when on their cycle. In ancient times women were more restricted b/c they didn't have the same hygiene products and sanitized environments like we do now, but there are things even modernity wouldn't allow women to do when on their cycle.

5. I can now confirm you don't read my posts. EMILOSTAY2 asked me if I observed the law, and I said "yes", to the best of my ability. I told him
straight up, I don't eat crayfish, catfish, shrimps, etc anymore. I never really ate pork, that includes sausage and pepperoni.

6. That law would apply to Aarons sons (the Levites). Much of the law only applied to the priests. Others only women. Etc. Much of the law we can't do because of MODERNITY, because THERE'S NO TEMPLE and because[b] THE RIGHTFUL PEOPLE (ISRAELITES) ARE NOT YET BACK IN THEIR LAND.[/b] The Bible prophesied that when the Messiah returns, he'll find gentiles trodding down his land (Luke 21:24). But a worldwide exodus of God's chosen people will put the Israelites back in their own land by God's own hand, just like in the times of Moses, and only then will the rightful priests be put back into the righteous temple to perform their ministerial role (Ezekiel 43:19)

"15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
16Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath.
17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ
"
- Colossians 2:15-17

Read up above, you'll see the word "ordinances" of men again (v.14) which is causing a type of division amongst the Israelite and Gentile believers. Here, Paul is encouraging the Colossians that their PAGAN FRIENDS (Or legalistic pharisees) SHOULDN'T JUDGE THEM FOR CONVERTING TO THE FAITH AND OBSERVING THE HOLY FEASTS, APPOINTED TIMES AND SABBATHS.

Then Jesus declared,
"The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."

- Mark 2:27

Amen.
Jesus addressing legalistic pharisees to inform them it was lawful to do GOOD (heal the sick) on the Sabbath. Which, by the way, the pharisees themselves did not keep (lawfully).

"9But now that you know God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you are turning back to those weak and worthless principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?
10You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!
11I fear for you, that my efforts for you may have been in vain.
"
- Galatians 4:9-11

The "weak and worthless principles" mentioned here ARE NOT THE LAWS OF GOD.
The "special days, months, seasons and years" ARE NOT THE FEASTS, APPOINTED TIMES AND SABBATHS.
I know because unlike Col 2:15 which identifies the holy days by name, NOT ONCE IN THE ENTIRE
EPISTLE OF GALATIANS
do we see Paul mention or reference any feast, appointed time or sabbath.

Furthermore, in the next verse, Paul is encouraging the Galatians to BE LIKE HIM! (v.12)
I've shown several scriptures proving Paul NOT ONLY KEPT THE LAW, BUT ENCOURAGED HIS GENTILE
CONVERTS TO KEEP IT AS WELL!
(1 Cor 11:1, 4:16), (Phil 3:17), (1 Thess 1:6)

Make it make sense.

Read the whole book of Galatians. Paul is rebuking the Galatians for listening to legalistic pharisees (who keep NOT the law) adjuring them to get circumcised for salvation (Gal 5:12-13). He's also concerned the Galatians are GOING BACK TO BONDAGE BY KEEP THEIR OWN PAGAN PRACTICES (Chp 4).

How can Paul call the God's Law "weak and worthless principles" in Chp4, and instruct the Galatians to "FULFILL THE LAW OF CHRIST" in Chp 6? (Gal 6:2)

Context, context, context, is key, my friend.

"Don't be led astray by various kinds of strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be established by grace..."
- Hebrews 13:9a

Amen to that.
Like "the law is done away with".

Asides, the paragraph with the Ashkenazi Jews content, everything else is, you wetting your finger and holding it up in the air

Nah, I just let the Word speak for me lol.
I'm curious. If you know the ashkenazi jews are not the descendants of the Israelites in scripture, who do you think today's Israelites are?
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by MuttleyLaff: 3:02am On Aug 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

providence338:
Nah, I just let the Word speak for me lol.
I'm curious. If you know the Ashkenazi jews are not the descendants of the Israelites in scripture, who do you think today's Israelites are?
"Netanyahu, Simon Peres and others are not real Israelites
but are either actually Ashkenazi Jews or of Polish origin
"
- Re: Ducking Out Of Church by MuttleyLaff: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2017

There are unbelievable more holes than in a Swiss cheese in your two last combo reply, that I'll just start from the very last bottom with this short and succint reply and then later work my way back to the top of replying the rest of your two last posts.

Smh, there's too much proof texting in your replies, too much eisegesis going on and so introducing your preconceptions, biases and learned bad indoctrinations. Please watch this space, as I'll asap revisit this thread, to address your reckless and careless opinions put forward in your last two posts. Also to patch up and/or plug in the holes in that your same two post's arguments too
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
providence338:

The scriptures you posted are NOT SUFFICIENT PROOF that the law is done away with.

Otherwise, ask yourself, why then did Paul KEEP THE LAW?

"But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the LAW AND IN THE PROPHETS"(Acts 24:14)

"While he answered for himself, Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all" (Acts 25:8 )

"I thank Yahweh--through Yahushua the Messiah our Master! So then, with the mind I myself serve the Law of Yahweh, but with the flesh the Law of sin." (Romans 7:25)

Paul can't KEEP THE LAW and tell the gentiles its DONE AWAY WITH AT THE SAME TIME.

So back to your post. If Paul is telling the Galatians the law is done away with, then Paul is either a schizophrenic maniacal hypocritical LIAR, or there has been a GROSS misinterpretation Paul's writings by the modern church.

Nobody misinterprets Jesus who came NOT TO ABOLISH THE LAW AND PROPHETS (see Paul Acts 24:14) BUT FULFILL (EMBODY) IT (Matt 5:12).
Nobody misconstrues John who defined sin as THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW (1 John 3:4).
Nobody confuses James who said if we FULFILL (EMBODY) the law (see Jesus Matt 5:12), then we shall do well (James 2:8 ).

The message is clear from ALL THE APOSTLES AND JESUS HIMSELF the law is not done away with. Why do you all suddenly get it wrong with Paul? Who by the way was essentially KILLED by his fellow brethren who accused him of doing the very thing you all are.
They were offended that he was teaching the gentiles to "do away with the law" and he died defending himself that he wasn't! (Acts 25:8 )

Paul must be the most misunderstood man in the history of the earth. cry
if you say those scriptures I put up are not enough proof then I can't help your case. Because they are clear enough, you want go back to the old system of worship?, then observe the whole law like the ancient israelites did otherwise you are wasting your time and denying christ.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2019
providence338:
@EMILO2STAY:

I observe the laws the best way I can. And so do you....as do most believers. They just don't observe it to the full...b/c we've all been lied to.

I don't kill, steal, hate, covet, commit adultery...even in the heart. I try not to anyway.

Furthermore, once I gained understanding that God's laws weren't done away with, I did away with the Babylonian folly days of christmas & easter.
Those are NOT IN the Bible.

I began to observe the Passover, Pentecost, Tabernacles, etc.
Those are IN the Bible.

I also began to observe the Shabbat. This day is very important to God. It never changed. There are New Testament scriptures that prove this.

Last, I did away with unclean foods. I stopped eating catfish, crayfish, shrimps, crabs, etc which really hurt. I cooked a lot with these foods, but I now understand these are unhealthy meats as they're the ocean's bottomfeeders.

I don't eat pork anyway, I can totally understand why God prohibits it. They're the bottom feeders of the land...they literally eat anything, their meat is literally TOXIC. They're not meant for human consumption.

ps -- Why don't you subscribe to Christ's supposed b'day? And what are your views on the Biblical sabbath?
initially I took you for one who knows the scripture but now not anymore. You observe the feast of terbanacles, the penticost and the passover lol. Go ahead Mrs, you even observe sabbath. Were did the scriptures command Christians to observe all this?
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
providence338:

There are many churches.

Torah observant or not.

true israelites keeping Gods laws? Were are they located?. Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life for no man cometh unto the father except by me.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
initially I took you for one who knows the scripture but now not anymore. You observe the feast of terbanacles, the penticost and the passover lol. Go ahead Mrs, you even observe sabbath. Were did the scriptures command Christians to observe all this?

I don't think she's doing it with the mindset that she is going to be saved by obeying the law.

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2019
OkCornel:

I don't think she's doing it with the mindset that she is going to be saved by obeying the law.

so why do it then?, for fun?.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2019
Another thing I see at play here is, those who support the law thinks the knowledge of good and evil started with the 10 commandments and other Mosaic Laws... whereas, man knew what was right from wrong right from the garden of Eden.

Before the Laws of Moses, Cain knew he committed evil by murdering Abel. Joseph knew it was wrong to sleep with Potiphar's wife. Job (who was never under the Mosaic Law) knew what was good and did it, but eschewed evil and many other examples...

Even ancient legal codes before the Mosaic law like the Hammurabi code, The Code of the Nesilim, The 7 Laws of Noah e.t.c clearly shows man's knowledge of good and evil. Matters like murder, incest, bestiality e.t.c. were covered in those legal codes as taboos and evils among the gentile nations...

People were able to walk with God and please Him prior to the Law (Mosaic Law), same too applies even after the era of the Law (Mosaic Law)...
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

For her personal benefit I believe.
For example, adhering to the food laws (kosher diet) of the jews has its health benefits...
It's her choice, provided she's not doing it with the mindset that she is going to be saved by obeying the Mosaic Laws...

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 12:07am On Aug 02, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BGO9Mmd_cU&pbjreload=10

Cc: providence338, EMILO2STAY, Muttleylaff, CaveAdullam, Goshen360

This insightful 6 minutes video should put this matter to rest once and for all... and happy new month to you all...

Don't be too stuck in the details and lose sight of the bigger picture...

Romans 13 v 8;
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

2 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2019
OkCornel:

For her personal benefit I believe.
For example, adhering to the food laws (kosher diet) of the jews has its health benefits...
It's her choice, provided she's not doing it with the mindset that she is going to be saved by obeying the Mosaic Laws...

well I don't think your reason are her reasons. She said she keeps the sabbath what exactly are the benefits for keeping the sabbath. Remember she said sunday, Easter, Christmas are Babylonian pagan ceremonies so she keeps the sabbath, feast of terbanacles, passover and the likes. This makes me think she is doing it to be justified in them rather than just for benefits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 2:54am On Aug 03, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
if you say those scriptures I put up are not enough proof then I can't help your case. Because they are clear enough, you want go back to the old system of worship?, then observe the whole law like the ancient israelites did otherwise you are wasting your time and denying christ.

The scriptures you put up don't help YOUR CASE.
You can't just throw up scriptures without examining the ENTIRE STORY AND PLACING THEM IN ITS PROPER CONTEXT.

If you read the entire book of Galatians (or preferably, the entire Bible for that matter), you'd know Paul couldn't possibly be preaching AGAINST the law. How could he if he followed it? And encouraged the Galatians to FULFILL THE LAW OF CHRIST (Gal 6:2)

The poor man WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO PERFORM THE NAZARITE VOW in front of his fellow Israelites just to PROVE HE KEPT HE LAW! (Acts 21:24) Because thy kept bearing false witness against him. Just like the modern church is today. In their gross IGNORANCE.

Mehn...SMH

I notice you continue to IGNORE the passages proving Paul KEPT THE LAW.

Until you address the passages where...

Paul kept the feasts days - Acts 18:21, 20:16, 1 Cor 16:8 (READ THE KJV)
Performed the Nazarite Vow - Acts 21:24
Believed in all things in the Law and Prophets - Acts 24:14
Defended himself from false witnesses, stating he kept the Law of the Israelites - Acts 25:8
PRAISES AND DELIGHTS IN THE LAW - 1 Tim 1:8, Romans 7:12
Acknowledged twice we know what sin is from the law - Romans 3:20, Romans 7:7
That grace does NOT nullify the Law - Romans 3:31, Romans 6:15
That the law is SPIRITUAL (not carnal) - Romans 7:14, Romans 8:2
That Paul himself proclaimed he's under the LAW OF CHRIST - 1 Corinthians 9:21
And because he exhorted gentiles to imitate Christ - (1 Cor 11:1, 4:16), (Phil 3:17), (1 Thess 1:6)
HE THUS INSTRUCTED GENTILES TO FOLLOW THE SAME LAW: Gal 6:2, Acts 15:21

....then the scriptures you posted in Galatians REMAIN INSUFFICIENT.

Go back to the drawing board...
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 3:02am On Aug 03, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

A commandment is a command.

I just proved above where every disciple, apostle, prophet and Yahshua Hamashiach himself kept these commandments. And encouraged the gentiles to do the same. (Acts 15:21, Gal 6:2)

In other words, the early Christian church, comprised of Israelite and gentiles alike, were all observing the LAW (look it up).
They were NOT having the conversations we are having now.
Or questioning if the laws were "done away with".

Even everyone's favorite, Col 2:16, is a complete BACKWARDS interpretation by the modern church.
Paul is ENCOURAGING the Colossians Gentiles to KEEP THE FEASTS, and not let their pagan friends DISCOURAGE THEM. Like how you all on this board are doing right now.

Let God be true and every man a liar.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 3:45am On Aug 03, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
true israelites keeping Gods laws? Were are they located?. Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life for no man cometh unto the father except by me.

Ethnic Israel is scattered to the 4 corners of the earth.
Due to their repeated breaking of God's Law.
God's hand of affliction is upon them still.
They are a lowly downtrodden people.
And have been for a very, very long time.

The whole earth is reeling to and fro like drunkard
Because as Israel goes...so does the world.
All of creation is waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Because God's chosen people are the LAST people they would expect.

But they shall be gathered and restored back to their rightful place as the kings and priests they once were. (Exo 19:6)
To the utter surprise of those whom God allowed to afflict them.
God truly chooses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise.
Israel's restoration is NOT by the League of Nations in 1948
But by God's own mighty hand in these end times.
To have an idea of who the true Israelites are, just read the regions from where they'll be gathered from in Isaiah 11.
Read all of it.

And just like their captors of old, Israel's enemies shall be JUDGED.
The imposters falsely assuming their identity shall worship them at their feet (Rev 3:9)
Their oppressors shall bow down to them in submission (Isa 60:14)
And God will appoint fame and praise for centuries of their shame and disgrace (Zeph 3:19)

God never forgot Israel. His people.
The apple of His eye.
"The church" will never replace Israel.

Don't misunderstand me. ALL must be saved of course to enter the kingdom.
This includes Ethnic Israel.
Every gentile must pass through the 12 gates to enter New Jerusalem.
Each gate represents one of the 12 tribes (Rev 21:12, Eze 48:31)

Until the heavens can be measured,
or the foundations of the earth searched out,
the seed of Israel SHALL NEVER CEASE from being a nation before God. (Jer 31:37)
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 3:59am On Aug 03, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

We don't observe the law to attain salvation. We observe the law BECAUSE of our salvation. Do you understand now?

The quote above was my reply to you in a previous post.

I'll reiterate the fundamental message in Paul's writings which has confused many in the modern church.

The LAW can't save you. Only grace through faith in Jesus can.

Thus you can't attain salvation from the Law.

But because of our love and sincere gratitude of Christ's forgiveness for our sins, we desire to do absolutely EVERYTHING he says, commands and instructs. Torah means "instructions".

We don't question it. We just do it. With child-like faith.

So when God says "REMEMBER" the Sabbath, and the apostles were instructing the gentiles to do the same, I don't really question it.

I just do it. And have never felt more "free" in doing so.

It all makes sense now.

Tithes and offering is part of the law.

Ask your pastor to explain how the law was "done away with", but we're still instructed to "bring the full tithe into God's storehouse".
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 4:07am On Aug 03, 2019
OkCornel:
Another thing I see at play here is, those who support the law thinks the knowledge of good and evil started with the 10 commandments and other Mosaic Laws... whereas, man knew what was right from wrong right from the garden of Eden.

Before the Laws of Moses, Cain knew he committed evil by murdering Abel. Joseph knew it was wrong to sleep with Potiphar's wife. Job (who was never under the Mosaic Law) knew what was good and did it, but eschewed evil and many other examples...

Even ancient legal codes before the Mosaic law like the Hammurabi code, The Code of the Nesilim, The 7 Laws of Noah e.t.c clearly shows man's knowledge of good and evil. Matters like murder, incest, bestiality e.t.c. were covered in those legal codes as taboos and evils among the gentile nations...

People were able to walk with God and please Him prior to the Law (Mosaic Law), same too applies even after the era of the Law (Mosaic Law)...

I don't know where you got the idea that the law began with Moses, but I know you didn't get it from me.
Please see my post to Goshen360. He basically said the same thing you did.
And I told him he proved my point.
Careful examination of Ezekiel 28:16 proves the LAW was in existence in the HEAVENS before man was even created.

Christ was a LAW-KEEPER. As was Enoch. Noah. Abraham. Joseph. ETC.
Should you not strive to be a law-keeper as Christ was? Or the patriarchs? (Gen 26:5)
Noah knew the law of clean and unclean food (Gen 7:2)
Cain and Abel even knew the law of tithing and offering (Gen 4:3-4)

So you see, you're making my POINT. The law didn't come into existence with Moses. The law is ETERNAL. It was, is and always will BE. It was already in the heavens and taught to Adam and his progeny. Through Shem's line, then Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and his 12 sons, God chose a nation to re-introduce his laws to the world. That nation is Israel. That's why God said: REMEMBER the Sabbath. The Israelites always knew of it from the days of Adam, Seth, Enoch, Noah...etc who obviously observed it. Despite what you think or are taught by your misguided pastor, this day has not been done away with. Neither has God's laws, which exits in the heavens and shall never be done away with. It's not possible.

As usual, you're quoting from a man who KEPT THE LAW. Does that make SENSE?

If Christ is the "end" of the law as you claim, then why did he and all the other apostles not only continue to KEEP THE LAW, after Christ's ascension, but ENCOURAGE the gentiles to do the same? (Col 2:16-17)

WHY DID THE APOSTLES ENCOURAGE THE GENTILES TO LEARN THE LAW AS TAUGHT IN THE SYNAGOGUES EVERY SABBATH
(Acts 15:19-21)

So either Paul was a mental basket-case when he penned that verse.... OR you don't have a good grasp of Paul's writings.

I'll go with the latter.

Last, what is SIN, according to the Bible?

The transgression of the LAW (1 John 3:4)

What did Satan DO to God in heaven?

"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire." (Ezekiel 28:16)

Careful study of this verse PROVES that the law exited long before you and I, Moses and even ADAM. It shall always STAND. AMEN.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 4:26am On Aug 03, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
well I don't think your reason are her reasons. She said she keeps the sabbath what exactly are the benefits for keeping the sabbath. Remember she said sunday, Easter, Christmas are Babylonian pagan ceremonies so she keeps the sabbath, feast of terbanacles, passover and the likes. This makes me think she is doing it to be justified in them rather than just for benefits.

I do it because these are our APPOINTMENT DAYS WITH THE LORD.
These are HIS feast days.
Not jewish feast days.
But HIS feast days (Lev 23:4)

I would encourage you to do a simple google search on the spiritual significance of these feast days.
Including the Sabbath.
It's not the 7th day for no reason.
There's 7 feast days. 7 is a very powerful number in the realm of the spirit.

If you had an appointment with your boss...you would go.
If you had an appointment for a job interview... you would go.
If you had an appointment with your doctor...or lawyer..you would go.
LGA chairman? Governor? President? Absolutely.

But an appointed time, a holy convocation with the Most High?
The Creator of the heavens and the earth?
Nah.. my pastor told me that its "done away with" and its only for those fake jew...even though there's no scriptural proof whatsoever to prove this.
Instead I'll partake in occult observances like Nimrod's b'day and the s*x fertility cult rituals of Ishtar/easter, hereby indirectly worshipping satan who laughs at me every time I do it....
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by orunto27: 6:50am On Aug 03, 2019
The Holy Bible KJV remains sancrosanct as it was in the beginning, now and forever.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Tries To Import An Electric Shock Machine! / Teacher's And Research Bible For Sale / Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome D.Sc D.D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 276
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.