Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... (4800 Views)

Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) / What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook / Are You Eating Unclean Meat? Are You Following God Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2019
Seated:
is it every book that recorded history that is the word of God?

So what then makes the one in the Bible the word of God? And what makes the ones excluded from the 66 books not the word of God?

Wait, are you telling us every word God spoken is limited to what is written in 66 books?

This is a big joke mehn
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Stop asking me. It's not an argument me and you are having. Perhaps, you are already recycling the verse. grin

Paul and the Apostles were referring to the Mosaic Law, end of discussion...
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by LifestyleTonite: 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2019
OkCornel:

You have not even read the book of Jasher and you're busy arguing...

The book of Jasher also forms part of rabbinical literature amongst the ancient Jews. It also gives a detailed account corroborating what happened from Genesis up to the book of Joshua...

I can't spend my time arguing with someone who knows nothing about the book of Jasher still coming to tell us it is not the word of God.

Please tell me such a book is not inspired of God as well...

What a joke...

Why not shown us how it correlates with tje word of God in the Bible.

The book of Jasher is not the word of God, neither is the book of Enoch.

Book of Jasher ko, book of Satan ni

grin
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Don't mind that Satanist. He and his evil people, simply because they saw a reference to a certain book of Jasher, they quickly rushed to write a fake and evil book and gave it that same name just to deceive people to read it. Only gullible people would think the book of Jasher, which might be just a book of records, is the word of God. The Satanist in him is basically saying Christians are walking about with am incomplete sword, an incomplete word of God. How satanic can one be.
may be he doesnt know he is promoting a satanic conspiracy.
he is deluded but calling him a satanist is taking things to far.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by LifestyleTonite: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2019
Seated:
may be he doesnt know he is promoting a satanic conspiracy.
he is deluded but calling him a satanist is taking things to far.

By the time you engage him a lot, you will get to realize that he is a Satanist. His ideology is the same as satanism.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

By the time you engage him a lot, you will get to realize that he is a Satanist. His ideology is the same as satanism.
Hmm, I have had conversations with him before, I was forced to conclude he wasnt a christian based on how he opposed the gospel.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by LifestyleTonite: 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2019
Seated:
Hmm, I have had conversations with him before, I was forced to conclude he wasnt a christian based on how he opposed the gospel.
Seated:
he is the same person that opposes the gospel that salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone.
I pray that God saves his soul.

Can you now see what I'm saying? Only Satan opposes the truth. Him doing that makes him a Satanist. Mind you, he's not doing it ignorantly. He's here to deceive many.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Can you now see what I'm saying? Only Satan opposes the truth. Him doing that makes him a Satanist. Mind you, he's not doing it ignorantly. He's here to deceive many.
you know, a natural or a carnal man is a puppet of the devil.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2019
OkCornel:

For a start, what was Paul referring to as the Law in his letters?

What Law was the Apostles and the early church debating about in Acts 15?

The Mosaic Law...

Paul referred to many "aspects" of the Law in his letters.
The other apostles too.
That said, yes, it appears that the Law discussed in Acts 15:21 is the Law of Moses.
But I think I know where you're going with this... wink

There appears to be many aspects or categorizations of the Law in the Bible.

The Law Of God (Romans 2:12)
The Law Of Christ (Gal 6:2)
The Law Of Moses (Acts 15:21)
The Law Of Conscience (Romans 2:14-15)
The Law Of Works (Romans 3:27)
The Law Of Faith (Romans 3:27)
The Law Of Spirit Of Life (Romans 8:2)
The Law Of Sin And Death (Romans 8:2)
The Law Of Righteousness (Romans 9:31)
The Law Of Love (Romans 13:8-10)
The Royal Law (James 2:8-10)
The Perfect Law of Liberty (James 1:25)

If you read every one of them in their proper context, they're all essentially saying the same thing.
I completely understand what you mean about those never having the law, thus when they do things in the law the law is written in their hearts (Romans 2:14-15).

God is so gracious. He winks at ignorance.
There are remote tribes throughout the world who never heard of Christ...
But by simply doing those things contained in the law through their conscious, they will be entering the kingdom of heaven before them who profess to know him.

Faith cometh by HEARING...and HEARING the Word of God.
Remote tribes who haven't HEARD the word can still enter the kingdom from just being decent (not lying, cheating, stealing, murdering, etc).
I personally think Paul penned Rom 2:14-15 referring to the far off nations that hadn't yet heard the Word during Paul's time.

However, the gentiles that HEARD the Word and received it were first being instructed to abstain from blood, strangled meat, fornication, etc.
The basics. Milk stuff.
But the Law of Moses was preached every Sabbath to strengthen and grow their faith.
Some Isiewu-type spiritual food.

So you see, there is a PROGRESSION in Godly knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
People are going to operate in God's laws the best they know how.
THAT DOESN'T MEAN HIS LAWS ARE DONE AWAY WITH.

To whom much is given, much is required.
When we know better, we DO better.
Will you be damned to hell if you don't observe the progressive teachings of God's laws? Absolutely not.
But there is certainly a higher blessing for them who hunger and thirst to do ALL which God commands His children to do.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 9:03pm On Aug 03, 2019
Seated:

Nice lie, please show us the threads we've had conversations previously...

Why are you telling lies?
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Why not shown us how it correlates with tje word of God in the Bible.

The book of Jasher is not the word of God, neither is the book of Enoch.

Book of Jasher ko, book of Satan ni

grin

My pleasure, I'll bring verses from the book of Jasher that also corresponds with the Bible... coming up shortly

First off... you ignorantly showed everyone on this thread you were not aware the Bible made references to the book of Jasher and Enoch...

Now you've shifted the goal post to something else...

Don't worry... enough references are coming up. Then you'll explain to us how the book of Jasher and Enoch are not part of the word of God, but yet books such as 2 Samuel, Joshua and Jude are word of God... Talk of someone whose understanding of the Truth is limited to 66 books...

What a pity...
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hi budaatum, hope your day went well...I'm resident around here currently...

Hopefully we'll see before summer ends...
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2019
providence338:

Paul referred to many "aspects" of the Law in his letters.
The other apostles too.
That said, yes, it appears that the Law discussed in Acts 15:21 is the Law of Moses.
But I think I know where you're going with this... wink

There appears to be many aspects or categorizations of the Law in the Bible.

The Law Of God (Romans 2:12)
The Law Of Christ (Gal 6:2)
The Law Of Moses (Acts 15:21)
The Law Of Conscience (Romans 2:14-15)
The Law Of Works (Romans 3:27)
The Law Of Faith (Romans 3:27)
The Law Of Spirit Of Life (Romans 8:2)
The Law Of Sin And Death (Romans 8:2)
The Law Of Righteousness (Romans 9:31)
The Law Of Love (Romans 13:8-10)
The Royal Law (James 2:8-10)
The Perfect Law of Liberty (James 1:25)

If you read every one of them in their proper context, they're all essentially saying the same thing.
I completely understand what you mean about those never having the law, thus when they do things in the law the law is written in their hearts (Romans 2:14-15).

God is so gracious. He winks at ignorance.
There are remote tribes throughout the world who never heard of Christ...
But by simply doing those things contained in the law through their conscious, they will be entering the kingdom of heaven before them who profess to know him.

Faith cometh by HEARING...and HEARING the Word of God.
Remote tribes who haven't HEARD the word can still enter the kingdom from just being decent (not lying, cheating, stealing, murdering, etc).
I personally think Paul penned Rom 2:14-15 referring to the far off nations that hadn't yet heard the Word during Paul's time.

However, the gentiles that HEARD the Word and received it were first being instructed to abstain from blood, strangled meat, fornication, etc.
The basics. Milk stuff.
But the Law of Moses was preached every Sabbath to strengthen and grow their faith.
Some Isiewu-type spiritual food.

So you see, there is a PROGRESSION in Godly knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
People are going to operate in God's laws the best they know how.
THAT DOESN'T MEAN HIS LAWS ARE DONE AWAY WITH.

To whom much is given, much is required.
When we know better, we DO better.
Will you be damned to hell if you don't observe the progressive teachings of God's laws? Absolutely not.
But there is certainly a higher blessing for them who hunger and thirst to do ALL which God commands His children to do.

Well spoken...

Did you take time to watch the 6 minutes video I pasted earlier on this thread concerning what the Law is about?

You're lumping up everything together. Do you recall the part in the book of James where it said if you break one part of the law, you're guilty of breaking all? Now be honest, do you think James was referring to all those Laws you typed up there? Or was it just the Mosaic Law he was referring to.

We need to be specific here, the Law I am talking of here is the Mosaic Law.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2019
Seated:
the 66 books of the bible is the complete word of God.

yes of course. the fact you dont believe it does not alter the fact.

it is no joke, your eternity depends on it.

The bible is God's complete word to mankind.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If you say the 66 books of the Bible is the complete word of God... I have three Bible references that lays a big hole to that claim...

John 21 v 25;
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

What of other heavenly Revelations given to Daniel and John that were not documented?

Daniel 12 v 8-9;
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Revelation 10 v 3-4;
3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

But according to you, the 66 books of the Bible is the "COMPLETE" word of God...

3 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by Goshen360(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
OkCornel:

For a start, what was Paul referring to as the Law in his letters?

What Law was the Apostles and the early church debating about in Acts 15?

The Mosaic Law...

My brother, that man is law enforcement agent.....if you have energy, deal with him while I watch....lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by budaatum: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2019
OkCornel:
Hi budaatum, hope your day went well...I'm resident around here currently...

Hopefully we'll see before summer ends...

Isnt that in Manchester? I guess if you start walking now you'd be here by summer's end.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
budaatum:

Isnt that in Manchester? I guess if you start walking now you'd be here by summer's end.

Lol... yeah it is

Wait I've not even checked, we could be quite far apart...

But heck, we'll definitely see before summer ends... Don't wanna move around much when the gloomy winter comes...
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
Goshen360:

My brother, that man is law enforcement agent.....if you have energy, deal with him while I watch....lol

Lol, may God help us...
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2019
The book of Jasher gives further details on what transpired from the book of Genesis up to the book of Joshua & Judges. It consists of 91 chapters

It also gives further insight into the lives of great men like Enoch, Moses, Abraham...e.t.c. This can also be corroborated with the historical accounts of the first century historian, Josephus Flavius in his book, the Antiquity of the Jews.

Let's get started with chapter 1;

The book of Jasher;

CHAPTER 1
--The Creation of Adam and Eve. The Fall. Birth of Cain and Abel. Abel a Keeper
of Sheep. Cain a Tiller of the Soil. The Quarrel Between the Brothers and the Result. Cain, the
First Murderer, Cursed of God.

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2019
The book of Jasher

CHAPTER 2
--Seth is Born. People begin to Multiply and Become Idolatrous. Third Part of the
Earth Destroyed. Earth cursed and becomes corrupt through the Wickedness of Men. Cainan, a
Wise and Righteous King, Foretells the Flood. Enoch is Born

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2019
The book of Jasher

CHAPTER 3
--Enoch Reigns over the Earth. Enoch Establishes Righteousness upon the Earth,
and after Reigning Two Hundred and Forty Years is Translated

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
Chapter 3 continued;

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 11:23pm On Aug 03, 2019
I'll open another thread and put the full details of the book of Jasher there. Then threads for the other books as well.

I really wonder how one will read these and still think it is not the word of God...because it is not part of the 66 books of the Bible they've known since they were born...

I wonder why some people cannot do a simple research to know we arrived at the 66 books in the first place... and that it was not the decision of Jesus or the Apostles to limit the words of God to 66 books...

Very very interesting...

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 12:07am On Aug 04, 2019
2 Samuel 1 v 17;
"Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: Behold it is written
in the book of Jasher."

Compare with Jasher 56 v 9 which is part of the dying words of Jacob to Judah;

"...only teach thy sons the use of the bow and all weapons of war, in order that they
may fight the battles of their brother who will rule over his enemies."

Joshua 10 v 12-13;
"... and he [Joshua] said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and
thou, moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until
the people avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is it not written in the book of
Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about
a whole day. And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the Lord
hearkened to the voice of man: for the Lord fought for Israel."

Compare the above with Jasher 88 v 63-64;
"...and Joshua said in the sight of all the people, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon, and
thou moon in the valley of Ajalon, until the nation shall have revenged itself upon its
enemies... And the sun stood still in the midst of the heavens, and it stood still six and
thirty moments, and the moon also stood still and hastened not to go down a whole
day. And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the Lord hearkened to the
voice of man, for the Lord fought for Israel."
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 12:51am On Aug 04, 2019
A list of some of the non-canonical books referenced in the Bible;

1) The Annals of King David - referenced in 1 Chronicles 27 v 24.
2) The Acts of Solomon - referenced in 1 Kings 11 v 41.
3) The Acts of Samuel the Seer - referenced in 1 Chronicles 29 v 29.
4) The book of Nathan the Prophet - referenced in 1 Chronicles 29 v 29 and 2 Chronicles 9 v 29.
5) The book of Gad the Seer - referenced in 1 Chronicles 29 v 29
6) The book of Jehu - referenced in 2 Chronicles 20 v 34
7) The Acts of Uzziah - referenced in 2 Chronicles 26 v 22
8 ) The vision of Isaiah - referenced in 2 Chronicles 32 v 32
9) The sayings of the Seer, also known as the Sayings of Hozai - referenced in 2 Chronicles 33 v 19
10) The book of Jasher - referenced in Joshua 10 v 13 and 2 Samuel 1 v 18
11) The book of Shemaiah the Prophet - referenced in 2 Chronicles 12 v 15
12) The book of the Wars of the Lord - referenced in Numbers 21 v 14
13) The book of Enoch - referenced in Jude 1 v 4,6,13,14,15 and 2 Peter 2 v 4, 3 v 13

But according to some people, since these books were not included in the Bible...so therefore...they are not the word of God
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 1:28am On Aug 04, 2019
OkCornel:

Well spoken...

Did you take time to watch the 6 minutes video I pasted earlier on this thread concerning what the Law is about?

You're lumping up everything together. Do you recall the part in the book of James where it said if you break one part of the law, you're guilty of breaking all? Now be honest, do you think James was referring to all those Laws you typed up there? Or was it just the Mosaic Law he was referring to.

We need to be specific here, the Law I am talking of here is the Mosaic Law.

I watched the video.
Wasn't impressed.
It wasn't very accurate.

It failed to raise a good point brought up earlier...that the LAW was observed from the days of Adam.
It falsely portrayed the Mosaic law as subsequent additions resulting from Israel's continual breaking of it.
Last, it ended with the notion that the law is fulfilled by just believing in Jesus Christ.

If people want to believe that, that's fine.
But I personally don't.

And concerning James...I'll have to ask YOU to be honest.
Not once in his entire epistle...does he mention the Law of Moses.
Unlike Paul in Acts 15:21 who specifically mentions Moses...
James only mentions the Royal law and perfect Law of Liberty.
The verse you speak of...is only 2 verses from James speaking of fulfilling the Royal law.
Hence, I personally believe James here is referring to the Royal law.

But I'll bite....
Even IF the Law of Moses was what James was specifically referring to...so what?
What is sin?
The transgression of the law.
Which law?
Would it really matter if it was the Mosaic law? Or Royal Law?
God's Law? Or Law of Conscience? Law of Christ?
THEY'RE ALL ESSENTIALLY THE SAME LAW...GOD'S LAW.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 1:41am On Aug 04, 2019
providence338:

I watched the video.
Wasn't impressed.
It wasn't very accurate.

It failed to raise a good point brought up earlier...that the LAW was observed from the days of Adam.
It falsely portrayed the Mosaic law as subsequent additions resulting from Israel's continual breaking of it.
Last, it ended with the notion that the law is fulfilled by just believing in Jesus Christ.

But I personally don't.

The verse you speak of...is only 2 verses from James speaking of fulfilling the Royal law.

But I'll bite....
Even IF the Law of Moses was what James was specifically referring to...so what?
What is sin?
Which law?

Since you insist on lumping everything together, then we'll see the illogicality in trying that route.

You listed the following as the Law right?
1) The Law of Christ
2) The Law of Conscience
3) The Law of Faith
4) The Law of Love

Now look at these verses, does it refer to those things you lumped in as part of THE LAW?

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the Law.

If you say the above 4 items you earlier mentioned refers to THE LAW, does it now mean that someone who spirit filled in this era of grace is no longer under those Laws?

You are mixing things up and lumping them all in together...
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 1:56am On Aug 04, 2019
providence338:

I watched the video.
Wasn't impressed.
It wasn't very accurate.

But I personally don't.

So you missed the tail end of the video where it mentioned;
Romans 13 v 8;
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

providence338:

Oh really? So James was referring to the royal law when he wrote this?

James 2 v 10-11
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Read it well, the above is the Mosaic Law.

See what James clearly explained the royal law is about;
James 2 v 8;
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

providence338:

But I'll bite....
What is sin?
Which law?

See why you have to put things in perspective? My preceding post shows the error in lumping up everything together and calling them THE LAW...
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 2:09am On Aug 04, 2019
@Providence388

If you're lumping up everything together as the "Law of God"... read up Hebrews 10 v 11-12;

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Then tell us what Law has been changed, because I believe that verse 12 is also making reference to God's Law which a necessity brought up the need to change from.

Also read Hebrews 8 v 13;
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
OkCornel:

Since you insist on lumping everything together, then we'll see the illogicality in trying that route.

You listed the following as the Law right?
1) The Law of Christ
2) The Law of Conscience
3) The Law of Faith
4) The Law of Love

Now look at these verses, does it refer to those things you lumped in as part of THE LAW?

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the Law.

If you say the above 4 items you earlier mentioned refers to THE LAW, does it now mean that someone who spirit filled in this era of grace is no longer under those Laws?

You are mixing things up and lumping them all in together...

OKCornel, I need you to think of this logically.

How can Paul instruct gentiles, they are not under the law...
But this same Paul I've shown repeatedly keeps the law?
And instructs the gentiles to do the same?

Paul kept the feasts days - Acts 18:21, 20:16, 1 Cor 16:8 (READ THE KJV)
Performed the Nazarite Vow - Acts 21:24
Believed in all things in the Law and Prophets - Acts 24:14
Defended himself from false witnesses, stating he kept the Law of the Israelites - Acts 25:8
PRAISES AND DELIGHTS IN THE LAW - 1 Tim 1:8, Romans 7:12
Acknowledged twice we know what sin is from the law - Romans 3:20, Romans 7:7
That grace does NOT nullify the Law - Romans 3:31, Romans 6:15
That the law is SPIRITUAL (not carnal) - Romans 7:14, Romans 8:2
That Paul himself proclaimed he's under the LAW OF CHRIST - 1 Corinthians 9:21
And because he exhorted gentiles to imitate Christ - (1 Cor 11:1, 4:16), (Phil 3:17), (1 Thess 1:6)
HE THUS INSTRUCTED GENTILES TO FOLLOW THE SAME LAW: Gal 6:2, Acts 15:21

I'll even add Act 28:23.
Up to the point he was about to be executed, Paul taught gentiles the LAW AND THE PROPHETS FROM MORNING TO EVENING.

Either you're insinuating Paul said something he didn't, or you don't fully understand the writings of Paul....
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2019
@OKCornel

Continuing on from my last post...herein lies the basis of the Law.

We've ALWAYS been under grace.
Yes, even since the OT times.
Your language about the "era of grace" isn't accurate.
Grace doesn't have an "era"...it existed since the fall of man.

Grace and the Law are two sides of the same coin.
One cannot exist without the other.
The Law was never designed to be kept without grace.
Because God knows, in our fallen state, we would repeatedly break it.

This is what Paul means he uses language like the "CURSE OF THE LAW". Or "BONDAGE OF THE LAW".
The law only becomes a "curse" or "bondage" to those who seek to achieve salvation by the WORKS OF THE LAW.
This can't be done.
Because no one, not one, can keep it perfectly.

Only our Messiah could do it.
And it's by our faith in his sacrifice, which pardons us from the condemnation of transgressing God's Law.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Yahshuah Hamashiach.

You see, if there is no Law, there is no need for grace.
The Law was NEVER meant to be kept carnally.
Nor salvation achieved by keeping the law.

The Law is SPIRITUAL (Rom 7:14). Always has been. Always will be.
Those who believe they can achieve their salvation through works are under the CURSE OF THE LAW.
Because by no means can they achieve salvation that way.
That's all Paul is saying here.

We are not "under the law" to achieve righteousness, justification nor salvation.
Grace through faith in our Messiah gives us these things. NOT THE LAW.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE LAW IS DONE AWAY WITH.

Does this mean because of God's grace and mercy we can continue to sin (hereby, transgress the LAW)?
God forbid (Rom 6:15)

Does this mean we nullify or void the law through faith?
God forbid, BECAUSE THE LAW IS ESTABLISHED (Rom 3:31)
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
OkCornel:

So you missed the tail end of the video where it mentioned;
Romans 13 v 8;
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Oh really? So James was referring to the royal law when he wrote this?

James 2 v 10-11
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Read it well, the above is the Mosaic Law.

See what James clearly explained the royal law is about;
James 2 v 8;
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

See why you have to put things in perspective? My preceding post shows the error in lumping up everything together and calling them THE LAW...

I didn't miss a beat. I knew exactly where you were going. I've seen these arguments before.
What is the Biblical definition of love?

John 14:15
If you LOVE Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21
Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who LOVES Me. The one who LOVES Me will be LOVED by My Father, and I will LOVE him and reveal Myself to him."

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone LOVES Me, he will keep My word. My Father will LOVE him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My LOVE, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His LOVE.

1 John 2:3
By this we can be sure that we have come to KNOW Him: if we keep His commandments.

1 John 5:3
For this is the LOVE of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6
And this is LOVE, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the very commandment you have heard from the beginning, that you must walk in LOVE

Love is an ACTION.
How do we love our God? By obeying the first 4 commandments and all its precepts in the law.
How do we love our brother? By obeying the last 6 commandments and all its precepts in the law.

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the LAW AND THE PROPHETS." (Matt 22:37-40)

Unlike Paul, James' audience are fellow Israelites. He's rebuking them for showing favoritism and discriminating against the poor. All he's doing is showing their hypocrisy... they can't keep certain aspects of the law, they must keep the whole law. This isn't a profound statement, I don't know what the big deal is here. Whether its the royal or mosaic law, both appear to be the same thing. Show me what distinguishes one from the other?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Jesus Was God, Why Didn’t He Say Anything New Or Even Marginally Useful? / Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? / Lies Told By 'Jesus'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.