Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Why Didn't Lagbaja Marry Ego? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Didn't Lagbaja Marry Ego? (1839 Views)

Why Didn't Moses Bliss Pick Any Of The Fine Girls In His Church To Marry / Don't Envy Obi Cubana, Take A Look At Eze Ego (photo) / The Male Ego: What Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't Lagbaja Marry Ego? by JustBeing: 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2019
When I work and can afford to divide my attention, I listen to music. Today I decided to stream songs by Lagbaja on Youtube.

It is expected that when one streams songs by a particular artiste, the more popular ones (or maybe the most streamed) come up. Hence it was inevitable that most of Lagbaja’s popular hits... which are some of my favorites too, came up. Before long songs like Never Far Away and Konko Below played. This triggered a memory of a conversation I had in the past.

One time I was listening to Konko Below with my ex and we wondered why the duo broke up....I had to find the answer to that question while writing this piece.

Apparently Ego decided to go solo. 'Solo'...I’m sure we can remember one too many great acts this word has destroyed but don’t follow that train of thought, stay with me.

Back to that conversation with the ex, he went on to ask a rhetoric question (as I’m not sure he wasn't expecting an answer). He said (since we’ve agreed that it wasn’t a question...) ‘Why didn’t Lagbaja just marry Ego’. Imagine!

Well, I’m pretty sure that this thought must have crossed a lot more minds than his. I remember countering with something along the lines of them probably not being in love.

I’m sure some of you just muttered ‘women and love’ or rolled your eyes at the obvious. Well I don’t mind, I believe unions should be founded on love (amongst other fundamentals of course). But I’m well aware that this is not the case in our society presently. We all want the wedding albums and make parents grandparents the textbook way. I digress.

Again back to that conversation, I remember going off for a bit on how he could actually suggest something so outrageous and selfish as such. So because we wanted to listen to many more lovely hits by the duo he wanted to sentence them to a loveless union. God forbid!

Today when I thought about that conversation, a little part (a big little part) of me actually wished they had made some effort to actually end up together. Like really, why didn't Lagbaja marry Ego

And that's a question, just if you missed the question markss, lol!

Image from Ynaija.com

Re: Why Didn't Lagbaja Marry Ego? by nuggarito: 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
So amongst all the thousands of problems and people we have in Nigeria, it is lagbaja and this aunty you want to talk about. Their star shine but e fade along the line, and it's not a must they should have married after they made no mention they were dating.
Re: Why Didn't Lagbaja Marry Ego? by placeofallure(f): 11:32pm On Mar 14, 2019
I don't think they ever dated, their relationship was purely work-related I suppose. Also remember, not too long ago, Lagbaja's child got married. Baring any unfortunate circumstance, Lagbaja should be a grandpa now. That means, he's been married for long and this lady you're linking him to is or was just making out at the time.

To put it straight, Lagbaja na grandpa, and Ego be sisi grin
Re: Why Didn't Lagbaja Marry Ego? by kushercain: 12:25am On Mar 15, 2019
She told him herself "lagbaja nothing for you"

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Lagbaja Marry Ego? by JustBeing: 12:42am On Mar 15, 2019
placeofallure:
I don't think they ever dated, their relationship was purely work-related I suppose. Also remember, not too long ago, Lagbaja's child got married. Baring any unfortunate circumstance, Lagbaja should be a grandpa now. That means, he's been married for long and this lady you're linking him to is or was just making out at the time.

To put it straight, Lagbaja na grandpa, and Ego be sisi grin

Haha!
Yeah I know they never dated, just assumed they were both single at the time and could have just gotten married.
But you've answered the question: he was most likely married at the time. Also didn't know he had a daughter that grown.
Thanks for the info.
Re: Why Didn't Lagbaja Marry Ego? by JustBeing: 12:43am On Mar 15, 2019
kushercain:
She told him herself "lagbaja nothing for you"

cheesy Abi o! That was another hit.

(1) (Reply)

6 Years Facebook Account For Sale ( Picture ) / Ladies; Can U Sleep With A Man U Did Not Love Nor Have Feeling For. / South African Lady Caught Fully Unclad In A Public Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.