Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

KINGS 2(battleground) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / KINGS 2(battleground) (189093 Views)

KINGS 3(7 Days Of Chaos) / Last Gang Standing 2: Killers and Fallen Kings.(Crime). / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2019
KINGS(BOOK 2)
EPISODE 3

SHE WAS EATING THE DINNER LIKE SHE THOUGHT IT WAS POISONED. Each forkful was tinier that you'd feed a baby and even then she nibbled it, pausing before taking any more. She was careful too not to allow the food to touch her lips. If this is the way she ate every meal it was easy to see why she was so thin.....

Dillan pull in a wry smile when she lour her face down the slight second he caught her gaze.., she was still as beautiful as the last time he had saw her.., Alluringly, she would blink her eyes shyly from time to time, allowing her eyelashes to flutter like the wings of a butterfly...

If he hasn't seen her without the hijab that day on her room, he would have thought her prettiness was just a result of face mask and expensive products..

He took up his glass of water and gulp a bit down all the way staring at her...
He wasn't sure if his cousin or his uncle had notice the way he was staring at her but he hope they haven't...

"So that man killed my brother.. ?Ali ask

Dillan quickly focus his gaze on him..."Yes uncle, that bastard murdered my uncle in cold blood.. "

With furrowed brows Ali dropped the spoon...,he felt bad when Dillan had told him over the phone that his brother was dead.., though he and Carlos never got along after his convert to Islamic..., his late father hated the Muslim and warned his children never to associate with them but when he needed help, no-one but the Muslims helped him..

Since then, his father and brother had created a wide bridge between them.., his father even sever ties with him..

He remembered how he felt when his father disowned him and excluded him from taking part in his inheritance ...

Carlos only started associating with him after the dead of their father but they didn't get along very much.., they only see each other once in a blue moon, it was more like the wedge their father created between them was still standing ...

""Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun." Fatima, Ali's wife chimed in crossing her fingers on her chest..

"Does the police know this..? Saheed ask curiously

Dillan huffs.. "They do, but they said they can't do anything without evidence.. "

"Isn't it their job to find evidence.. "Fatima stated.. "What is this country turning into.. ?

"My father was a good man uncle.. "Dillan said sarcastically...,he sniff blinking his eye, forcing the tear out.. "He was loved by everyone.., that is why they made him king but he didn't take it, he gave the honour to Desmond instead and they killed Desmond....."

"But.. "Nadia muttered softly.. "I heard this same man you said killed uncle Carlos is the son of the late king.., i mean the king before your brother.. "

"Yes he is.. "Dillan riposte , his eyes staring at her.. "He was that King's son but everyone also know he killed his father five years ago so he can become king.., he flee when he was caught.., and then he came back with the identity of Ferico Carter, we all thought he was a rich man who has come to trade oblivious to us he was a monster in rich sheep skin.. ." He sigh as his eyes met their questioning stare.. "He killed my father and tried to kill me.. "

"Did he burn down the palace or you did that..? Ali asked

"I don't know who did that uncle.., i was shocked when i heard the angry youths and police were looking for me.., he stoop so low to accuse me of such a terrible crime..., i had to run uncle, i had nowhere to go, Mum is not around, so i came here because i know this is the last place the police will come looking for me"

"You did well my boy.., i swear to you that i will bring that murderer to justice..., for such a young age, that killer has made you suffer so much loss.., i strongly support whoever burned down that palace.., whoever he is, he did the right thing.. "

"I believe so too uncle.. "

He grunted and place a hand on Dillans shoulder.. "I will make this right.. "

"Thank you uncle.. "

Pious curled his lips when that horrible moment of Francis disappearing creep into his head.., he quickly stood up from the bed and walk towards the table.., he dragged the chair from under the table....

Eyes sparkling with fury, he sat down and stare at his mirror..,his reflection looked at him reminding of how he failed in protecting his brother..., he cursed himself as his fingers began to fold into a fist..

Francis is gone.., lost.., he wasn't sure if he will ever see him again and that angered him..

He blames himself, he would have listened when Francis kept blabbering about ogini.., if he had done something earlier, non of what happened would have happened..

"Am sure Francis is fine wherever he is.. "

He glance over his shoulder and saw Giselle., he wanted to believe that, believe Francis will be fine.., he shift his gaze back to the mirror, he bit his lips so hard that he almost wince when he saw his drenched eyes..

Slowly, the tears he's been fighting hard to hold sheen down his cheek.., he sob with heavy breathes..

"Is okay baby.. "Giselle said as she lour down to hold his hands...."We'll find him.. "

"How..? He ask with tears escaping into his mouth.. "You know what happened to the canoes when we set them into the river.., they sank Giselle...

"I know baby..., we'll find another way.., there has to be another way.. "

Pious really wish he can believe that.., he really wished Francis wasn't lost to him forever..

"We'll find him baby.. , i promise.. "

Rose quickly opened her eyes at the sound of the whistle.., damn.., she hated it, hates him when he blows that stupid whistle..

"Not yet time to sleep.. "John said dropping the whistle on the table..

Rose snorted and tried to free her hands again.., she raced with rage when she realise she was still tied to the damn chair...

"I brought you food.. "John said carrying the tray of food.., slowly, he dropped the food on the floor.. "I thought you might be hungry.. "

"Set me loose John.. "

"So you can run..?

She puffed with slime breathe.. "That's the only way i can enjoy this meal.. "

"What do you think i am Rose..?

"Please John.. "

"Not happening, not until you come to terms with me.."

"You're delusional.., i can't give you half of my husband's inheritance.. "

He suck his teeth and took a few steps backward.. "That's too bad then...,the hen will just have to be fried.. "

"What is that even mean supposed to mean?

Pulling in a deep breathe, he move closer to her.. "Look Rose, i don't have time to waste in jabbering words with you.., i will make this simple, give me what i want and i will consider sparing your life.."

She chuckle.."Am very disappointed in you John.., by now you should know death don't scare me.., I've been to hell and aback .."

"You think you have...?, it's really painful you didn't die when your murderer of a husband smashed your head against the wall.. "

"It's a good thing i survive, it's more like i know men like you will come reaping where they didn't sow.. "

"You think you're tough huh..?

She narrowed her eyes but didn't give him the dignity of a reply..

"You're not as tough as you think you are Rose.., i will break you.. "

"Aren't you tired John.., there are so many opportunities out there, why don't you go out and tap into one.., i don't understand why you're so keen in taking away mine.. "

"You destroyed my plans Rose.., everything was in motion and ready to be achieved.., then you came back from God knows where and destroyed everything..., you ruined everything.. "

"I didn't ruin anything, i only took what's mine.. "

"It's mine too.. "He retorted

"Oh please John, give up.., you're been childish.. "

"Which is why am going to start acting like a mature adult.. "

"Yeah, i advice you do, now get the hell out of my face if you aren't going to set me loose.. "

Infuriated, he slapped her..

She furrowed her brows as she felt the tense effect of the slap...

He grabbed her neck making her gasped for breathe and staring into his red unblinking eyes..

"Listen to me bitch, you're going to do what i tell you because if you don't, i will make you regret it for the rest of your miserable life... "

He let go of her as she fight for breathe...

He glared at her, then he carried the tray of food and walk out of the room..

Breathing heavily Rose stare at the door, she needs to escape, no one is coming for herself, it's up to her to do something.., anything to get away from here...

Darkness enveloped him. The water closed in around him, filling him with a deep dread. He held his breath as long as he could, too long in fact. Red and black splotches danced in front of him and he couldn't remember if his eyes were opened or closed. The coldness he had felt upon entering the water was completely gone. A desperate hot wave had come over him, warming even his frosted toes. His heart was beating rapidly in panic. The urgency for air was more apparent than ever. There weren't red blotches in his field of vision anymore, It was all black.

Slowly he began to fade and fall deep into the darkness that tends to swallow him..

He quickly jolted back when he heard his name, he recognize the voice, it was his brother calling.., he tried to swim his way back but he couldn't move, he was stuck, he tried to shout but no words came out...

A terrible force dragged him down.., fear stricken he woke up..

He blink his eyes trying to recognize where he was.., he look around..,fright waved through him when he realise he was in a net, he look to his side and noticed he wasn't the only one..

Heart pulsating, he recalled how he got here, Taka had sacrifice himself and he..., his mouth began to shiver as the memory of everything that happened hit him hard like someone has delivered a fatal blow to his head..

With trembling hands and pounding heart, he look around again.., his heart almost crushed when he saw a group of men bowing down to an image, a big boiling pot in the temple of the shrine...

"I thought you were never going to wake up.. "

Francis quickly glance over to where the voice came from..,it was a boy probably his age grade, he was also caught up in a net...

"Where... "His mouth quivered as he look around, the place was nowhere he has seem before, was it ogini's shrine... "Where are we..? He asked with pants breathe..

"Can you see those men..?

Francis shift his gaze to where he was pointing and he nodded...

"They're the worshippers of Hakundad, they are offering sacrifices to him.. "

He glance at them again, their scary look gave him more fright than he hoped for... "Are we the sacrifice..?

"Mm-Mmm.. "

"But.., but...

"But what..?, You think because you're a KA-RU you cannot die.. "He scoffs... "This is Hakundad, story is he was once ogini's lover until she betrayed him.., so people think if they offer KA-RUs to Hakundad as sacrifice, Hakundad will in return grant them long life.."

Fear engulfed Francis, he look around again..

"Stop looking around, no-one is coming to save you, not even ogini.. "

"I cannot die.. "

"Yeah, i also use to believe that until they found me.. "

"Are you also a KA-RU? Francis ask curiously

"I thought you wouldn't ask.., Am a KA-RU just like you.. ,My name is Jerry.. "He suck his teeth.. "People don't even call me that anymore.., so you can just call me what people call me.. "

"And what is that..?

"Sigolo, meaning the forest boy.. "

Francis heart skipped when one of the men turn to face their direction..

"Don't be scared.."Jerry said... "Fear only makes them pick you sooner than you expected.. "

"How are you so cool.. ?

"Because finally KA-RU.., death has found us.. ,at least am given the opportunity to spend my last minutes in this world smiling.., i advise you do same.. "

TBC
Sorry for the late update

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by jibrinidris836(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
Silver1996:
KINGS(BOOK 2)
EPISODE 3

SHE WAS EATING THE DINNER LIKE SHE THOUGHT IT WAS POISONED. Each forkful was tinier that you'd feed a baby and even then she nibbled it, pausing before taking any more. She was careful too not to allow the food to touch her lips. If this is the way she ate every meal it was easy to see why she was so thin.....

Dillan pull in a wry smile when she lour her face down the slight second he caught her gaze.., she was still as beautiful as the last time he had saw her.., Alluringly, she would blink her eyes shyly from time to time, allowing her eyelashes to flutter like the wings of a butterfly...

If he hasn't seen her without the hijab that day on her room, he would have thought her prettiness was just a result of face mask and expensive products..

He took up his glass of water and gulp a bit down all the way staring at her...
He wasn't sure if his cousin or his uncle had notice the way he was staring at her but he hope they haven't...

"So that man killed my brother.. ?Ali ask

Dillan quickly focus his gaze on him..."Yes uncle, that bastard murdered my uncle in cold blood.. "

With furrowed brows Ali dropped the spoon...,he felt bad when Dillan had told him over the phone that his brother was dead.., though he and Carlos never got along after his convert to Islamic..., his late father hated the Muslim and warned his children never to associate with them but when he needed help, no-one but the Muslims helped him..

Since then, his father and brother had created a wide bridge between them.., his father even sever ties with him..

He remembered how he felt when his father disowned him and excluded him from taking part in his inheritance ...

Carlos only started associating with him after the dead of their father but they didn't get along very much.., they only see each other once in a blue moon, it was more like the wedge their father created between them was still standing ...

""Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun." Fatima, Ali's wife chimed in crossing her fingers on her chest..

"Does the police know this..? Saheed ask curiously

Dillan huffs.. "They do, but they said they can't do anything without evidence.. "

"Isn't it their job to find evidence.. "Fatima stated.. "What is this country turning into.. ?

"My father was a good man uncle.. "Dillan said sarcastically...,he sniff blinking his eye, forcing the tear out.. "He was loved by everyone.., that is why they made him king but he didn't take it, he gave the honour to Desmond instead and they killed Desmond....."

"But.. "Nadia muttered softly.. "I heard this same man you said killed uncle Carlos is the son of the late king.., i mean the king before your brother.. "

"Yes he is.. "Dillan riposte , his eyes staring at her.. "He was that King's son but everyone also know he killed his father five years ago so he can become king.., he flee when he was caught.., and then he came back with the identity of Ferico Carter, we all thought he was a rich man who has come to trade oblivious to us he was a monster in rich sheep skin.. ." He sigh as his eyes met their questioning stare.. "He killed my father and tried to kill me.. "

"Did he burn down the palace or you did that..? Ali asked

"I don't know who did that uncle.., i was shocked when i heard the angry youths and police were looking for me.., he stoop so low to accuse me of such a terrible crime..., i had to run uncle, i had nowhere to go, Mum is not around, so i came here because i know this is the last place the police will come looking for me"

"You did well my boy.., i swear to you that i will bring that murderer to justice..., for such a young age, that killer has made you suffer so much loss.., i strongly support whoever burned down that palace.., whoever he is, he did the right thing.. "

"I believe so too uncle.. "

He grunted and place a hand on Dillans shoulder.. "I will make this right.. "

"Thank you uncle.. "

Pious curled his lips when that horrible moment of Francis disappearing creep into his head.., he quickly stood up from the bed and walk towards the table.., he dragged the chair from under the table....

Eyes sparkling with fury, he sat down and stare at his mirror..,his reflection looked at him reminding of how he failed in protecting his brother..., he cursed himself as his fingers began to fold into a fist..

Francis is gone.., lost.., he wasn't sure if he will ever see him again and that angered him..

He blames himself, he would have listened when Francis kept blabbering about ogini.., if he had done something earlier, non of what happened would have happened..

"Am sure Francis is fine wherever he is.. "

He glance over his shoulder and saw Giselle., he wanted to believe that, believe Francis will be fine.., he shift his gaze back to the mirror, he bit his lips so hard that he almost wince when he saw his drenched eyes..

Slowly, the tears he's been fighting hard to hold sheen down his cheek.., he sob with heavy breathes..

"Is okay baby.. "Giselle said as she lour down to hold his hands...."We'll find him.. "

"How..? He ask with tears escaping into his mouth.. "You know what happened to the canoes when we set them into the river.., they sank Giselle...

"I know baby..., we'll find another way.., there has to be another way.. "

Pious really wish he can believe that.., he really wished Francis wasn't lost to him forever..

"We'll find him baby.. , i promise.. "

Rose quickly opened her eyes at the sound of the whistle.., damn.., she hated it, hates him when he blows that stupid whistle..

"Not yet time to sleep.. "John said dropping the whistle on the table..

Rose snorted and tried to free her hands again.., she raced with rage when she realise she was still tied to the damn chair...

"I brought you food.. "John said carrying the tray of food.., slowly, he dropped the food on the floor.. "I thought you might be hungry.. "

"Set me loose John.. "

"So you can run..?

She puffed with slime breathe.. "That's the only way i can enjoy this meal.. "

"What do you think i am Rose..?

"Please John.. "

"Not happening, not until you come to terms with me.."

"You're delusional.., i can't give you half of my husband's inheritance.. "

He suck his teeth and took a few steps backward.. "That's too bad then...,the hen will just have to be fried.. "

"What is that even mean supposed to mean?

Pulling in a deep breathe, he move closer to her.. "Look Rose, i don't have time to waste in jabbering words with you.., i will make this simple, give me what i want and i will consider sparing your life.."

She chuckle.."Am very disappointed in you John.., by now you should know death don't scare me.., I've been to hell and aback .."

"You think you have...?, it's really painful you didn't die when your murderer of a husband smashed your head against the wall.. "

"It's a good thing i survive, it's more like i know men like you will come reaping where they didn't sow.. "

"You think you're tough huh..?

She narrowed her eyes but didn't give him the dignity of a reply..

"You're not as tough as you think you are Rose.., i will break you.. "

"Aren't you tired John.., there are so many opportunities out there, why don't you go out and tap into one.., i don't understand why you're so keen in taking away mine.. "

"You destroyed my plans Rose.., everything was in motion and ready to be achieved.., then you came back from God knows where and destroyed everything..., you ruined everything.. "

"I didn't ruin anything, i only took what's mine.. "

"It's mine too.. "He retorted

"Oh please John, give up.., you're been childish.. "

"Which is why am going to start acting like a mature adult.. "

"Yeah, i advice you do, now get the hell out of my face if you aren't going to set me loose.. "

Infuriated, he slapped her..

She furrowed her brows as she felt the tense effect of the slap...

He grabbed her neck making her gasped for breathe and staring into his red unblinking eyes..

"Listen to me bitch, you're going to do what i tell you because if you don't, i will make you regret it for the rest of your miserable life... "

He let go of her as she fight for breathe...

He glared at her, then he carried the tray of food and walk out of the room..

Breathing heavily Rose stare at the door, she needs to escape, no one is coming for herself, it's up to her to do something.., anything to get away from here...

Darkness enveloped him. The water closed in around him, filling him with a deep dread. He held his breath as long as he could, too long in fact. Red and black splotches danced in front of him and he couldn't remember if his eyes were opened or closed. The coldness he had felt upon entering the water was completely gone. A desperate hot wave had come over him, warming even his frosted toes. His heart was beating rapidly in panic. The urgency for air was more apparent than ever. There weren't red blotches in his field of vision anymore, It was all black.

Slowly he began to fade and fall deep into the darkness that tends to swallow him..

He quickly jolted back when he heard his name, he recognize the voice, it was his brother calling.., he tried to swim his way back but he couldn't move, he was stuck, he tried to shout but no words came out...

A terrible force dragged him down.., fear stricken he woke up..

He blink his eyes trying to recognize where he was.., he look around..,fright waved through him when he realise he was in a net, he look to his side and noticed he wasn't the only one..

Heart pulsating, he recalled how he got here, Taka had sacrifice himself and he..., his mouth began to shiver as the memory of everything that happened hit him hard like someone has delivered a fatal blow to his head..

With trembling hands and pounding heart, he look around again.., his heart almost crushed when he saw a group of men bowing down to an image, a big boiling pot in the temple of the shrine...

"I thought you were never going to wake up.. "

Francis quickly glance over to where the voice came from..,it was a boy probably his age grade, he was also caught up in a net...

"Where... "His mouth quivered as he look around, the place was nowhere he has seem before, was it ogini's shrine... "Where are we..? He asked with pants breathe..

"Can you see those men..?

Francis shift his gaze to where he was pointing and he nodded...

"They're the worshippers of Hakundad, they are offering sacrifices to him.. "

He glance at them again, their scary look gave him more fright than he hoped for... "Are we the sacrifice..?

"Mm-Mmm.. "

"But.., but...

"But what..?, You think because you're a KA-RU you cannot die.. "He scoffs... "This is Hakundad, story is he was once ogini's lover until she betrayed him.., so people think if they offer KA-RUs to Hakundad as sacrifice, Hakundad will in return grant them long life.."

Fear engulfed Francis, he look around again..

"Stop looking around, no-one is coming to save you, not even ogini.. "

"I cannot die.. "

"Yeah, i also use to believe that until they found me.. "

"Are you also a KA-RU? Francis ask curiously

"I thought you wouldn't ask.., Am a KA-RU just like you.. ,My name is Jerry.. "He suck his teeth.. "People don't even call me that anymore.., so you can just call me what people call me.. "

"And what is that..?

"Sigolo, meaning the forest boy.. "

Francis heart skipped when one of the men turn to face their direction..

"Don't be scared.."Jerry said... "Fear only makes them pick you sooner than you expected.. "

"How are you so cool.. ?

"Because finally KA-RU.., death has found us.. ,at least am given the opportunity to spend my last minutes in this world smiling.., i advise you do same.. "

TBC
Sorry for the late update
thanks for the update
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by skubido(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
Haaaaaaaa, from one wahala to another, make den pity the poor boy na

OP tanks for the update
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by skubido(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
jibrinidris836:
thanks for the update

Guy nawa for you oo, bcuz of this na im make u quote all the update ba?
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by OPC90(m): 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2019
Dallian cooking trouble, John being soft. Rose want to disappear. Pious regretting. Karu facing death and Me sitting and enjoying this piece of work. Thanks a lot and more update please
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Ann2012(f): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by kelvyncruz: 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
Francis don suffer.
Rose stubborn shall
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by jibrinidris836(m): 6:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
skubido:

Guy nawa for you oo, bcuz of this na im make u quote all the update ba?
sorry bro

1 Like

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
skubido:
Haaaaaaaa, from one wahala to another, make den pity the poor boy na

OP tanks for the update
U welcome bro
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
OPC90:
Dallian cooking trouble,
John being soft.
Rose want to disappear.
Pious regretting.
Karu facing death and
Me sitting and enjoying this piece of work.
Thanks a lot and more update please
Tnks man
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
U welcome dear
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Holywizard: 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
U need to keep updating in order to make front-page.
Have u noticed that u have not been noticed by the mods? It was few days ago that I stumbled on this thread when I was searching for what to read.
U need to fire up bcoz ur fans are nt yet aware that u have started this
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by mychiveous(f): 8:41pm On Apr 24, 2019
So Taka just died for nothing? Silver you want to change it for us abi? Francis is the future king of Mogula o! Make anything nor happen to am o.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by egwolopretty: 12:30am On Apr 25, 2019
This Francis self, he too get bad head.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by shakibell(f): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2019
Hmmm from fry pan to fire
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Evold: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2019
I'm yet to come to terms with Taka dying just like that. Why don't you get a means of ressurecting him kiss
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Napoleonsammy(m): 11:53am On Apr 25, 2019
sometimes I just wish this story was all about Mogula. That part is very interesting.
nice update Silver.

1 Like

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by purity23(f): 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
mychiveous:
So Taka just died for nothing? Silver you want to change it for us abi? Francis is the future king of Mogula o! Make anything nor happen to am o.
Are you sure Francis is the future king of Mogula because am not too sure of that.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by showgoeson: 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
Silver leave Francis na, he's been suffering from the beginning of the story.. Make im enjoy small.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by showgoeson: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
purity23:
Are you sure Francis is the future king of Mogula because am not too sure of that.
Lets not be too sure about Francis becoming the king of Mogula, Silver might just surprise us.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by ayamalexander77(m): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
So somebody will qoute one full episode just to comment "thanks for the update".....
Buhari and my village people must hear this...
Silver nice story u've got here....
Am in till the very end, infact Silver, we die here...
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
KINGS(BOOK 2)
EPISODE 4

FEAR BECAME A TANGIBLE, LIVING FORCE THAT CREPT OVER FRANCIS LIKE SOME HUNGRY BEAST, IMMOBILIZING HIM; His brain, holding him captive...
He steady his breath and try to calm the panic overwhelming him..

He sneeze when the smoke from the fire found it's way into his nose.., he scratched his eyes and quickly turn back to face Jerry..

"Are you really willing to die..?

Jerry threw a glance at him, he scoff and focus his gaze at the men... "Doesn't sound like we have a choice.. "

"We have a choice okay.. "Francis hauled out unaware of how loud his voice sounded..

Terror nearly suck out breathe from his mouth when one of the men spun round to face him...

He sigh, a sigh of relief when the man turned back to face the rituals..

"We need to get out of here.. "He said faintly..

"How do you propose we do that..?

Taking in a deep breathe, he scan his eyes around again, the place was surrounded with bushes, his instincts tells him that wherever he is, is far away from where people are...

"I don't know.. "He muttered

Jerry grunted.. "There is no escape from here.., believe it or not, we're dead meats.. "

His heart pounded when the men turn round to face them.., the drawings on their faces made them more deadly, devilish..

He quickly adjusted himself when one of them began to head towards them...

He sat still as one of them walk towards him, he was ugly, had marks all over his face, his head painted red.., A cold wave embalmed Francis as the hairs rose on the back of his neck and his mouth ran dry....

The man sniff as he close the distance between them.., a feeling of dread crept up from the pit of Francis stomach as he stare eye to eye with the killer..

He knew he shouldn't be afraid but he couldn't help it, his heart was throbbing in his ears, loud and irregular, but he barely heard it, for his mind was clouded with fear....

He suck in air as the man passed him and went towards Jerry...,he wonder how Jerry could be so cool with the man staring at him like that.., Jerry didn't shake, he just sat like he was praying the man pick him..

Francis pull in a deep drag and reclined his back on the ropes..

The man went on until he stopped in front of a boy..
Francis heart froze and his stomach turned icy as the man pointed at the boy.., two other men quickly loosened the net and the boy fell down.., he tried to run but they held him before he could make his escape..

What followed was a loud scream from the boy, he try to fight with the men but their grip was firm on him..
Francis prayed in his heart the boy overpowered them but his prayer were cut when one of the men slit the boy's throat..

Francis was paralyzed to the spot, the menacing aura holding him in a tightening grip...,the sudden shock making him tense his muscles..., he watched in utmost fear as blood poured down from the boy's neck..

He quickly look away, he whimpered and his legs collapse underneath him, He could no longer control his hands; they were shaking in an odd trembling rhythm, just then, tears began to flow from his eyes..., he shut his ears as the men began to chant incantations......,This can't be his fate.., it can't be...

The lingering light was obliterated by the thin night. The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of blackness that engulfed the town. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, the fade wind brushed Jerry's chin and he quickly opened his eyes..

He sat up not making a sound, he look around, the men were lying on the floor probably fast asleep..

He glance to his side......"Hey.. "He muttered..

Francis quickly shift his gaze to him, his eyes drenched with soaked marks of tears..

"How are you feeling..? Jerry ask quietly

Not giving him the dignity of a reply, Francis turn away his gaze and dive back into his thoughts..

Jerry grunted.., he tried adjusting himself so his hands could reach for the small dagger in his pocket..

"I love you.. "He muttered to himself when he succeeded in taking the dagger out..

He surveyed the area with his eyes, the men as well as the rest of the boys were still sleeping..
Quietly, he began to cut the ropes of the net...

A tear sheen down Francis cheek as he thought about home, his brother.., he wonder if he will ever see him again, bad things keep happening to him and he doesn't understand why..

"Hey.. "

He bounced out of his thought when he heard the voice.., shock waved through him.. "How did..

"Shh.. "Jerry motioned placing a finger in his mouth..

Francis quickly went numb..
Light drained in his face as Jerry began to cut the ropes.., though he was scared, scared they will get caught.., he scan his eyes around, he sigh with heavy breathe and turn his gaze back to Jerry again..

It wasn't long before Jerry created a little gap in the net, spacious enough for him to get out..
He quickly jump down making sure his feet doesn't make a sound..

"Let's go.., thank me later.. "

"But..!."Francis glance back at the rest of the boys.. "What about them..?

"Are you crazy..? Jerry retorted.. "You're lucky i even saved you.., there is no time, they'll wake up anytime soon.. "

As much as Francis didn't want to leave the rest of the boys, he'd to survive and to do that, he must leave as Jerry suggested..

Without a second glance, both boys took heels into the bush...

The dry woods flamed up after Jerry struck the stones against each other...
The cold moves in only to meet the warmth of Francis blood, his defence against such wind. He felt it wash over his skin, again and again, only to be met by the beat of his heart, again and again..

He quickly move closer to the fire to warm himself..

"You don't seem like who has stayed in this lands for a long time.. "Jerry said stretching his legs and flexing his muscles..

Francis sigh, the thought of home evaded his head again.... "I thought you were ready to die back there.. "

"Changing the subject."He shrugged his shoulders.. "I guess i had a rethink.., i still have much to live for.. "

"Thank you.. "Francis muttered wondering he would have gotten out of there if it weren't for him..

Jerry nodded..

"How long have you been here...?

"Do i even remember... "He clenched his teeth adjusting his legs... "I guess I've been here for years.. "

"Years..! Francis muttered surprise..

"Yeah, maybe.., what about you.., how long have you been here..?

Pulling in a deep breathe, Francis shift backward to avoid the smoke... "I was here before, then i went back.. "

"Went back.., went back to where...?

"Home..,where i came from.. "

"God.., you made the sacrifice.. "

Francis lour his head at the reminder of that day.., Barbara had fallen into the river.., and Taka did it again..

Though he wasn't close to Barbara but he'll always blame himself for her death...

"Yes.. "

"I knew you weren't innocent.. "

"It wasn't my intention.., it's complicated... "

"Then how the hell are you back here..?

Francis swallowed, that moment of Taka stabbing himself shattered him..

"The stories are true, isn't it?

Francis turn his gaze back to him but didn't give him a reply..

"Ogini brought you back"

Jerry thought about the day he found out there was a way to go back..,he was glad, happy he was finally going back home, even if his parents were dead, he was keen on seeing the men who murdered his parents go to jail.. But he never got that opportunity.., he cried when he found out the price for his return was a sacrifice..., he couldn't offer any innocent life...

"My friend died.. "Francis stated faintly .."Ogini made him sacrifice himself for my return.. "

"I don't understand this.., if Ogini brought you back here, aren't you supposed to be in her shrine.. "

"Honestly i don't know where am supposed to be.. "

"You heard the call..., you aren't supposed to be here.., something must have gone wrong with the sacrifice..."

"What do you mean..?

"Years ago, i met a couple, they took me in, they were good to me.., there i heard the story..."

"What story..?

"The story of a KA-RU who made the sacrifice like you did.., he was brought back but he didn't make it to the shrine as he was supposed to...,someone else did.. "

"I don't get any of this.., you think someone else has taken my place in the shrine.. ?

"Look, i don't know how it works, i only know what they told me, but they also said the person that made it to the shrine was the blood racca.. "

"Blood racca..,What does that mean..?

"It means many things.., the slayer of thy enemies and the leader of the KA-RUs..., He slaughtered an entire town in the name of ogini..,he is more darker and dangerous than the dark priestess.., it was said everyone feared him.. "

"Then how did he die..?

"People say Hakundad killed him because he killed his worshippers.., since then, no blood racca has been to this lands.. "

"Are you saying there is one now.....?

"You said your friend was the sacrifice..., your friend wasn't the only one that fell into the river that day... "

"What about the KA-RU.., what happened to him..? Francis asked curiously

"He sworn never to work for ogini.., so he killed himself... "

Francis heart skipped...
"Do you think ogini still wants me.., since i didn't make it to the shrine..? He ask impetuously..

Jerry scoffs.. "You're a KA-RU.., ogini will always need you but i fear your arrival has brought in something evil.., another era of blood racca... "

Francis exhales wondering who the blood racca he spoke about really was.., how evil was he...

"What are you going to do now..? Jerry ask laying his head on the floor...

Francis wanted to ask him his story, how he got here but he knew asking him questions will only mean telling him his.., he thought about Katherine.., the thought of seeing her gave him a little relief, he wonder how she was faring.., he sigh when he notice Jerry's question was still hanging....

"I will go to Mogula.. "

"Mogula.. "He riposte sitting up.. "You're kidding me, aren't you..?

"No am not.., i lived there, i was a servant to the younger prince.., Prince Vuga.."

"You haven't heard, have you..?

"Heard what...?

"King Jafar won the war.., he took over Mogula and became the king.., He held King's Dafuda family prisoners .., i believe he has killed them already.., every last one of them.. "

Terror waved through Francis.. "No.., it can't be..., they can't be dead.., Katherine, Vuga., Gary, Adesa.., they can't be dead.. "

"Sorry mate.., you came back at the wrong time.., there is nothing but ashes in Mogula.. "

TBC

Drop your comments

5 Likes

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Holywizard:
U need to keep updating in order to make front-page.
Have u noticed that u have not been noticed by the mods? It was few days ago that I stumbled on this thread when I was searching for what to read.
U need to fire up bcoz ur fans are nt yet aware that u have started this
I can't assure you I'll be updating regularly as i did with book 1,my work doesn't give me the free time to do that, but i will try my best in dropping an update at least five times in a week..

Much love brother..

2 Likes

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
ayamalexander77:
So somebody will qoute one full episode just to comment "thanks for the update".....
Buhari and my village people must hear this...
Silver nice story u've got here....
Am in till the very end, infact Silver, we die here...
Thanks bro
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
grin grin angry
mychiveous:
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
Evold:
I'm yet to come to terms with Taka dying just like that. Why don't you get a means of ressurecting him kiss
Hmmm
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
purity23:
Hmmm
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by do4luv14(m): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hmmmm seems the bloody recca will be Taka,
the poison master, who had no qualms sending his enemy six feet down

1 Like

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Ibroslank(m): 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
takais the racca
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Ibroslank(m): 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
taka is the racca
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by petersononome: 7:12am On Apr 26, 2019
Does this mean Taka is alive
If Katherine is dead, there is no hope for Francis in Mogula
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Holywizard: 8:51am On Apr 26, 2019
Bro u are good. Let's go there!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (59) (Reply)

My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) / Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.