Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. (67679 Views)

Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / Driver And Passengers Fall In A Ditch While Trying To Pass A Bad Road. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by GAJIT: 10:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
one of the most fraustating things in life is that, you know what your problems are and the source, yet you can't do anything about it because it's not in your power. And to know the fact that your mates that you all started together are moving ahead of you (despite all hard works) is very painful and fraustrating.
Sometimes, I do ask: "why and what are we doing here on earth? " with all these sufferings and I wished I was given the opportunity to choose whether to be born or not; I would have chosen not to be.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by 1stbest(m): 10:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
zionmde:
Such an inspiring thread

I saw hell as a kid though
Got socially alienated from other kids because of poverty
Nobody ever wanted to see me on his/her .....
God bless you, i hope my story will change too.

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
Adakintroy:
Poverty my master my teacher.

When my sanders would break like this I will fix it, my tv, my basins, clothes.

Expand this to a wider understanding and you may see why we fail in many things. We no longer know how to fix things. Hence we no longer inventive and we no longer have connection with things. Our old tv Served us so long, when we gave it out eventually we all felt like crying. That was for an inanimate object. It was a member of the family and we knew it.

Enter wealth and his endless power of choice. If the phone breaks, trow it away and get a new one, ...if the TV blew up, trow it away and get a new one, if the shirt needs patch, trow it away. People will laugh.

Human relationships are worst in this order. If the girl or guy is bad. Trow her away and get a new one. "I can't take this from any man or woman". There are many fishes in the sea.

We need to go back to the days when we fix things.

Wealth and too much choice is killing love and connection as should be.

3 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2019
zionmde:
Such an inspiring thread

I saw hell as a kid though
Got socially alienated from other kids because of poverty
Nobody ever wanted to see me on his/her door because they know its to beg for food
Once drank starch meant for pasting posters without sugar
Ate soured soup because I have got no choice

Cooked with waste papers because no money for wood
Skipped 5 because no money for fees
No result from prim 4 to prim 6 because no money for fees
My teacher once hid me in the toilet so that the headmaster will not know am in class (Aunty Osunwoke am still looking for u and ur children, the day I find them will be the last day u will pay there fees)

Once Bundled to church to beg Pastors after service for school fees, Pastor made a promise he hasn't fulfilled up till today

Until I hit the street Hawking, entered university Hawking
No friend, no lover, nobody wanted to identify with me

Once slept in madza madza park because of no accommodation
Life has taught me a lot in bitter ways

My greatest enemies were transformers and big drainages because anytime I pass, I am always tempted to end it there
Once flew out from a moving car but no approaching vehicle to end it
Thank God suicide is a sin, I could have gone a long time ago

We are responsible for who we become in life irrespective of our family background

It has all changed though. God has blessed me.
I encourage those going through hard time to keep being focused, there is no time to blame anybody, no matter who disappointed u, with diligence and focus success is sure

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Adet5(m): 10:50pm On Mar 16, 2019
[quote author=DanDeeBoss post=76707440] I did that too... My mom taught megringrin[/quyote]
That's bad though, don't you think that is generation things? Anyway don't blame me, I did it times without number
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by wisdomkid: 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
Never did something like this.
Grew up rich, Wealthy and a Millionaire at a very young age grin grin grin
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by toplinetrtrend: 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

No no. People don't just wake up and go broke, it's a cumulative of bad decisions and excessive spending and investing without proper research because the funds was there. When I was going down daily, I knew, started going to churches and doling out what's remaining hoping that some way, somehow God won't let me go broke... Lol (if only I know better) but God shut his ears to me. Mehn...you can't understand TF I've been through. At a time trying to calm myself I slept with a girl then, got gonorrhea, the shiiiit that makes you discharge and soil your underwear. For 5 straight months or thereabout I had the f**king infection because I had no kobo for treatment something that wouldnt have passed 24hours with the right treatment....mehn it's so dark and horrible

your reason for deserting God is a wrong reason sir.

First off, you don't dole out money to a church with the hope of making a financial profit from such donation. God doesn't work like that. God isn't a magician. God isn't a money doubler. Those fake pastors deceived you to see God from a wrong perspective. The pastor, who deceived you misrepresented God. You are allowing the lies of a deceiver (a so-called pastor) to put a gap between you and your creator.

Please sir, have a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2019
GAJIT:
one of the most fraustating things in life is that, you know what your problems are and the source, yet you can't do anything about it because it's not in your power. And to know the fact that your mates that you all started together are moving ahead of you (despite all hard works) is very painful and fraustrating.
Sometimes, I do ask: "why and what are we doing here on earth? " with all these sufferings and I wished I was given the opportunity to choose whether to be born or not; I would have chosen not to be.
me too.

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by harley88(m): 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

[b]I have nothing more to say other than encourage anyone passing through a hard time. It will surely pass. Trials are phases and stepping stone to greatness. I'm not yet a big as I used to despite the fact I'm very comfortable now but I know I will surpass how I began. At least friends that deserted me now respect me. I was so broke that when my house expired then, I shamefully lied to my neighbors that I was parking to somewhere else. I brought a truck parked electronics sold them and paid debt, when I was leaving the compound I abandoned my furnitures, chairs in my sitting room and beds because I had no where to take them to. It was someone I met on that day with my clothes walking aimlessly along the road that took me to his place. Rat infested kpako... � (from a well furnished apartment to squat in kpako (zinc) house) I later brought my car and will sleep in the car as I don't drive it because no fuel. Sold the car afterwards. I don't know, it was really bad, no friends, no babe, no clothes, no love, churches where I donated millions abandoned me (big reason I am now an atheist) things was getting worse, I was so broke all I had was my name. Somehow, someone believed in me. Loaned me 3m and thT was the turning point[/b]

I love your story, it's inspiring and has cheered me up. I was also feeling really depressed Beginning of January all the way to February until INEC payment made things a little better. Things are still quite tough but I'm happier. I'm a Corper passing out By June and I'm really scared to go back to Lagos to noting

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by harley88(m): 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2019
Talking about hard life..... I remember in my Year 4 when I had to go Unilag from Ogba for some project stuffs and all. Only had tfare to go. I eventually hustled money from my friends to get me to Ojota. Had to trek from Ojota to Ogba that night. Life isn't easy at all but it's worth living
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by ameh99: 11:51pm On Mar 16, 2019
That year when I use to hawk pure water while I was already in senior secondary school,,,nothing kill me like while hawking you accidentally ran into your class mates....

I sell pure water and yet I can’t drink even one from it no matter how testy I was, I have to go to the well to drink...chai...that year..so many painful memories.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by somehow: 12:16am On Mar 17, 2019
Its a lie said too many times, Nigerians are not good people except a few, if not, how did a whole community abandon him?

Secondly, leaders of a country are a refection of those within the country. A good country cant have bad leaders and a bad country can't have good leaders!

muffyt05:
This thread is one of the best I've read on Nairaland pre and post elections. The life experience of Candlewax and many others got people talking on several life issues, which obviously connects us, as everyone has got a story to tell. Took my time to read through all the pages and never for once read anything tribal,derogatory or name calling. This just goes to show that certain issues in life can bring us together while others can set us apart.
If only we refuse to be tools in the hands of those who divided and rule us, Nigeria would be a great country for us all, where we'll all look out for each other.
While reading, I noticed the kind gesture of the Candlewax guy offering to help out another guy with a job or so, isn't that heartwarming, coming from a guy who could have sworn never to help anyone in light of all the rejections he also faced.
All I'm saying is, we are good people in this country but we allow few corrupt politicians manipulate and divide us.
It is my prayer that God will attend to all of our pressing issues, God bless us all and God bless Nigeria
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 12:17am On Mar 17, 2019
harley88:
Talking about hard life..... I remember in my Year 4 when I had to go Unilag from Ogba for some project stuffs and all. Only had tfare to go. I eventually hustled money from my friends to get me to Ojota. Had to trek from Ojota to Ogba that night. Life isn't easy at all but it's worth living

Talking about projects I will never forget my ordeal.

In 1997 I wrote my final project and we were 4 under one supervisor who asked each of us to pay some money but me I no get so we were discussing the issue amongst ourselves when one of us went behind our backs to tell the lecturer just to gain favour.

I nearly commited suicide that year cos the lecturer who doubled as our supervisor vowed that the remaining 3 of us will not graduate and he almost succeeded if not for GOD that miraculously intervened by bringing one other lecturer that took it upon himself to take out project to the external supervisor.

The lecturer gave 3 of us 1.0 in our seminar and project...imagine having 1.0 each in an 8point and 16point course.

I will treck without food to his house beg him but he won't bulge. I will go to luth in the morning and leave their at 8p.m but he won't even bother to notice me.

Chai! Man don suffer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Agi125: 12:54am On Mar 17, 2019
Starboytwo:
nope....

Hello Starboytwo. I appreciate your sincerity because I followed your conversation with Candlewax that you don't know how to drive. If you're ready to learn, kindly let me know I promise to be of help and get you a driving license.

akinpeluakinyoade125@gmail.com inbox me pls.

Am always a visitor on this forum. My first time commenting nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Agi125: 1:03am On Mar 17, 2019
toplinetrtrend:

your reason for deserting God is a wrong reason sir.

First off, you don't dole out money to a church with the hope of making a financial profit from such donation. God doesn't work like that. God isn't a magician. God isn't a money doubler. Those fake pastors deceived you to see God from a wrong perspective. The pastor, who deceived you misrepresented God. You are allowing the lies of a deceiver (a so-called pastor) to put a gap between you and your creator.

Please sir, have a rethink.

May God increase your understanding...

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Agi125: 1:15am On Mar 17, 2019
Mr Toks.... This topic made me do introspection of my growing up and all I can do is smile and appreciate GOD.

We all have stories to tell...

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 1:43am On Mar 17, 2019
ameh99:
That year when I use to hawk pure water while I was already in senior secondary school,,,nothing kill me like while hawking you accidentally ran into your class mates....

I sell pure water and yet I can’t drink even one from it no matter how testy I was, I have to go to the well to drink...chai...that year..so many painful memories.

Hmmmm!
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by alizma: 2:08am On Mar 17, 2019
Tallesty1:
What I did most was using hot knife to join the thing together.
abet how old are you? the hot knife method came before the pin, nail method.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by spyglaxx: 4:39am On Mar 17, 2019
harley88:

I love your story, it's inspiring and has cheered me up. I was also feeling really depressed Beginning of January all the way to February until INEC payment made things a little better. Things are still quite tough but I'm happier. I'm a Corper passing out By June and I'm really scared to go back to Lagos to noting

Don't go back to lagos start where you are. there are no competitors around you there. Wing your way out like the metamorphosis of a buttefly.

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by spyglaxx: 5:05am On Mar 17, 2019
my story

Jss 3 and ss1 I lived alone in a 28 bedroom apartment for months .Ate five cocoyam for five days. Was down with pneumonia for 3days . Escaped death three times..Now i have started a teen ministry and I am staring at the enormous disaster that may result from a broken home . Do everything to fix your marriage like the slippers .Don't throw your marriage away like a worn-out slippers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by pweetyz(f): 6:22am On Mar 17, 2019
I did this oooo... Used office pins too���

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 6:49am On Mar 17, 2019
spyglaxx:
my story

Jss 3 and ss1 I lived alone in a 28 bedroom apartment for months .Ate five cocoyam for five days. Was down with pneumonia for 3days . Escaped death three times..Now i have started a teen ministry and I am staring at the enormous disaster that may result from a broken home . Do everything to fix your marriage like the slippers .Don't throw your marriage away like a worn-out slippers.

Only you in a 28 room apartment
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:51am On Mar 17, 2019
[quote author=Adet5 post=76722056][/quote] It's all in the past na... I did think it's a way of solving problems by myself without involving my parents.... Everything is better now...gringrin
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by cutegentility(m): 7:05am On Mar 17, 2019

3 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 17, 2019
candlewax:
Never did it but I passed through a furnace too. Once left my house trekked a long distance to my friends house and he wasn't around. Sat at his door waited for him to come back so he could give me a f**king "pure water" because I lost everything and couldn't afford a drinking water talk more of food, no phone,
choii. Will spend days inside my apartment 4years back eating N50 biscuit and sachet water for a day. Bills were pilling up too and I was so ashamed to beg anyone because I was big before the disaster....remembering this makes me wanna cry cry Oh God!
Quite d inspirational story you got. Atleast you stronger now. Best to stay away from fake friends that deserted u when u had none.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 17, 2019
cutegentility:
Learn me share my experience:

Concerning those footwear's, I use nails to hold the shit. But before I develop into nail technology, I am a don in using hot knife/cutlass.
Nah mama teach me this technology, I even oversabi self. I go even use d slippers 2X the original Lol.

I hustle and the hustle still continues. No support, no help from family cos I'm less privilege.
After a series of promise and fail (I don't wanna listen to any promise again)
I pass through series of hustling, but each hustle I made dey yield result than the initial one.

Now, I don't go to church again. Why? If you no get money, u no go enjoy church. I know say I nor get money to buy attractive clothes. U see dem gossiping about what you wear, even shame go cash person. Pastor pikin go just dey frosh. I go dey wawwaw.
The most annoying part is that churches don't care about your personal well-being. All they care after is your money, if one fail to pay tithe and offering, d congregation will see you as sth else. There are various way churches drain one out of money, dey spoil your budget. All in name of Sunday school manual, anniversary this and that.

Kindly look for Living Faith Church and attend. I bet u your life will definitely change before 3 months. U need to drop this your mentality cos it has entitlement written all over it.

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by TourismMan(m): 7:50am On Mar 17, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
That year grin

Oga, you didn't reply my mail. Please do. Thanks.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by TourismMan(m): 7:50am On Mar 17, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
That year grin

Oga, you didn't reply my mail. Please do. Thanks.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by cutegentility(m): 8:17am On Mar 17, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Kindly look for Living Faith Church and attend. I bet u your life will definitely change before 3 months. U need to drop this your mentality cos it has entitlement written all over it.
how?
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2019
cutegentility:
how?
I feel no one owes me anything, not even family, if help comes good and fine. In all, keep a positive attitude towards life.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by ehhmah(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2019
fellow nairalanders;

i need a professional skill.. Digital marketing etc.
or if anyone can help me with an andriod phone...

B4 my 'mental' economy starts turninoniown

Am based in Abuja...
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by cutegentility(m): 8:24am On Mar 17, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I feel no one owes me anything, not even family, if help comes good and fine. In all, keep a positive attitude towards life.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Massive Python Swallows A 70-Year-Old Man In Dalaba, Guinea (Photo) / Sanwo-Olu Empty Vault Spotted At Ikoyi Cemetery (Pictures) / Hyena Dragged To Police Station In Kano. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.