Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. (67667 Views)

Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / Driver And Passengers Fall In A Ditch While Trying To Pass A Bad Road. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by TourismMan(m): 8:26am On Mar 17, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, everyone get story for this country wey we dey so. Sharing mine would also be heart-wrecking.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Iyajelili(f): 9:01am On Mar 17, 2019
Starboytwo:
psychiatric what.... Omo my own nor even reach that side.... Just a jobless Nigerian youth syndrome na him dey do me... All is well....

Wsit you checked yourself in a psychiatric hospital.... Geez for real, omo you try...... We all have different stories indeed...
Sent you a mail, reply please.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by adeomos(m): 9:25am On Mar 17, 2019
Darevofpeace:
I did this during Late Gen.Sabi Abacha's regime,the poverty was very high in the whole neighborhood,salary's were being owed and you can not protest because the soldier's called "operation sweep" were in all street,Nadeco (Afenifere) men were being jalied,Sergeant Rogers(Abacha's killing machine ) was killing all opposition's down,late Kudirat,late Abraham Adesanya(thou the bullet didn't penetrate),Late Dr.Frederick Fashehun,Professor Wole Soyinka was in detention along with Late Gani Fawehinmi,Tibunu had ran away to U.K,he came back after Abacha's death,all the kids in neighborhood would visit the saw mill plants and pack a sack of "sawdust" to cook our favourite meal of "weevil " beans,you need to put more garri to make the weevils invisible while eating, the beans is half of dead weevils,the year was btw 1994-1998,Mid 80's kids can relate. University strike went for months even some 2yrs.I can't forget in a hurry.
Forget ke , but thanks to God now

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Abcruz(m): 9:26am On Mar 17, 2019
vheckthor1:

You are truly God sent, facing a depression and really lonely but those bible verses (especially Isaiah 50 vs 10) restore my hope.

I am impressed.

Look!
For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.--Romans 15:4

Life is a battlefield, but being hopeful in distress is a virtue.

For surely there is an end, and your hope will not be cut off.--proverbs 23:18
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by adeomos(m): 9:29am On Mar 17, 2019
candlewax:

You are right. Nothing moves me. Sometimes I get into trouble with some police because I drive with expired license, I'd just drop my number, park my car and leave. They always call me back. That's how crazy I have become grin

Hmm that level where u know this life should be taking with as a pitch of SALT
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by adeomos(m): 9:41am On Mar 17, 2019
When mine happened, a nairalander loan me 45000k and God s grace brought me back, Mr kowe as i refer to u, though I could not get your full name, may God raise help for you at every point in life

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by adeomos(m): 9:48am On Mar 17, 2019
midnighter:
Was wondering what could inspire a whole thread on broken slippers when you can just get one of those guys to fix it for a small fee

Didnt know OP was hinting at something else entirely

Learning a lot from it..
U should know when this was rampant, men and women of great virtue with stories were being takeing through the school of hard knock, many made through some didn't, candlewax as a example made through
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Ziel20: 9:48am On Mar 17, 2019
[quote author=psalmsmiles post=76711744][/quote]

Exactly. I think he should read the book of Job. Chapter 1 through to the last chapter. That book of the Bible makes me stronger when faced with challenges.

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by jessysparkles(f): 9:52am On Mar 17, 2019
Shed tears reading through this thread from beginning. May you all find joy and your desires @ the end of the tunnel. This is really inspiring.

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Adejuliet(f): 9:52am On Mar 17, 2019
zionmde:
Such an inspiring thread

I saw hell as a kid though
Got socially alienated from other kids because of poverty
Nobody ever wanted to see me on his/her door because they know its to beg for food
Once drank starch meant for pasting posters without sugar
Ate soured soup because I have got no choice

Cooked with waste papers because no money for wood
Skipped 5 because no money for fees
No result from prim 4 to prim 6 because no money for fees
My teacher once hid me in the toilet so that the headmaster will not know am in class (Aunty Osunwoke am still looking for u and ur children, the day I find them will be the last day u will pay there fees)

Once Bundled to church to beg Pastors after service for school fees, Pastor made a promise he hasn't fulfilled up till today

Until I hit the street Hawking, entered university Hawking
No friend, no lover, nobody wanted to identify with me

Once slept in madza madza park because of no accommodation
Life has taught me a lot in bitter ways

My greatest enemies were transformers and big drainages because anytime I pass, I am always tempted to end it there
Once flew out from a moving car but no approaching vehicle to end it
Thank God suicide is a sin, I could have gone a long time ago

We are responsible for who we become in life irrespective of our family background

It has all changed though. God has blessed me.
I encourage those going through hard time to keep being focused, there is no time to blame anybody, no matter who disappointed u, with diligence and focus success is sure
You went through all these? cry
And I'm here brooding. God forgive me cry
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by vheckthor1: 9:56am On Mar 17, 2019
If anyone can help me here, either a job or a sun of money to start up my intended agro business, I just passed out of NYSC this last set on March 14.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Adejuliet(f): 10:08am On Mar 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by onlyforchrist: 10:27am On Mar 17, 2019
candlewax:

Thanks
Good morning bro, please can I pm you? I stay around festa link road, I need a job to get by. really depressed.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by ladygudhead(f): 10:32am On Mar 17, 2019
Mine is too long. Candlewax's story really touched me. Now I'm inspired and encouraged.

Few days ago I wished I was given an option of being born...lol but I had to quickly rebuke such thought knowing my life was spared at birth, may God have mercy on me.

Whenever I think of my life issues stories or challenges, i quickly encourage myself and realize nothing stops God from being God. I still know He's faithful. Whether I or anyone else here had made it or not does not limit God. If you give up on Him because of your situation you are only doing yourself because someone somewhere his testimony of Him right now. You can only pray and trust on Him to come out of it triumphantly.

Lacking everything is not lacking anything unless you're lacking God.

I don't open up everything about my story to anyone, I only tell you bits because I know u can't understand as much (so goes to every other person's story) as i do. I know only God see and know intensity of my pain and struggles better so I believe He will know about it He will do something about it for He's an affectionate father.

May God help us all!

smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by hahn(m): 11:29am On Mar 17, 2019
candlewax:

[b]I have nothing more to say other than encourage anyone passing through a hard time. It will surely pass. Trials are phases and stepping stone to greatness. I'm not yet a big as I used to despite the fact I'm very comfortable now but I know I will surpass how I began. At least friends that deserted me now respect me. I was so broke that when my house expired then, I shamefully lied to my neighbors that I was parking to somewhere else. I brought a truck parked electronics sold them and paid debt, when I was leaving the compound I abandoned my furnitures, chairs in my sitting room and beds because I had no where to take them to. It was someone I met on that day with my clothes walking aimlessly along the road that took me to his place. Rat infested kpako... � (from a well furnished apartment to squat in kpako (zinc) house) I later brought my car and will sleep in the car as I don't drive it because no fuel. Sold the car afterwards. I don't know, it was really bad, no friends, no babe, no clothes, no love, churches where I donated millions abandoned me (big reason I am now an atheist) things was getting worse, I was so broke all I had was my name. Somehow, someone believed in me. Loaned me 3m and thT was the turning point[/b]

Believe in me and invest N1m in me too
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 17, 2019
hahn:

Believe in me and invest N1m in me too

Lol.... That was how I got broke in the first place....id get to that stage when I can do that not now

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by hahn(m): 11:40am On Mar 17, 2019
candlewax:

Lol.... That was how I got broke in the first place....id get to that stage when I can do that not now

Lol. I just dey play grin

Being broke is terrible especially after you are used to a certain lifestyle. I can relate. Best wishes
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Starboytwo(m): 11:44am On Mar 17, 2019
Iyajelili:

Sent you a mail, reply please.
done
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2019
hahn:

Lol. I just dey play grin

Being broke is terrible especially after you are used to a certain lifestyle. I can relate. Best wishes

You are right
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by mechanics(m): 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
hahahahah, I did it then o.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
ladygudhead:
Mine is too long. Candlewax's story really touched me. Now I'm inspired and encouraged.

Few days ago I wished I was given an option of being born...lol but I had to quickly rebuke such thought knowing my life was spared at birth, may God have mercy on me.

Whenever I think of my life issues stories or challenges, i quickly encourage myself and realize nothing stops God from being God. I still know He's faithful. Whether I or anyone else here had made it or not does not limit God. If you give up on Him because of your situation you are only doing yourself because someone somewhere his testimony of Him right now. You can only pray and trust on Him to come out of it triumphantly.

Lacking everything is not lacking anything unless you're lacking God.

I don't open up everything about my story to anyone, I only tell you bits because I know u can't understand as much (so goes to every other person's story) as i do. I know only God see and know intensity of my pain and struggles better so I believe He will know about it He will do something about it for He's an affectionate father.

May God help us all!

smiley smiley smiley

If GOD pulled us through our ordeal, he will surely see you through. Just trust in him
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
adeomos:
When mine happened, a nairalander loan me 45000k and God s grace brought me back, Mr kowe as i refer to u, though I could not get your full name, may God raise help for you at every point in life

I'm kinda hoping to start a give away program on nairaland very soon where I will be giving out soft loans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by SonofHim: 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
spyglaxx:
my story

Jss 3 and ss1 I lived alone in a 28 bedroom apartment for months .Ate five cocoyam for five days. Was down with pneumonia for 3days . Escaped death three times..Now i have started a teen ministry and I am staring at the enormous disaster that may result from a broken home . Do everything to fix your marriage like the slippers .Don't throw your marriage away like a worn-out slippers.

Deep! Except that I don't understand the part where you lived in a 28 bedroom apartment for months.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by IMASTEX: 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
Tallesty1:
What I did most was using hot knife to join the thing together.
You're in the spirit
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by SonofHim: 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2019
I wish this thread could go back to front page. I know it's possible! Mods in the house how about that. Pleasss cry cry cry cry thanks in advance.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Indomie001: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
candlewax:

It's not too far then. Can you drive?
Now its looking like only people in lagos are the closest to luck ,but we all cant be in lagos.... well God dey.

Been following your story and i just thank God for where you are now and where you are still going .

I also have alot but still not yet ripe to tell so i wont mind at all if any job luck shine on me though am not in lag but Osun.

Thanks bro.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by mzeefitz(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
Tallesty1:
What I did most was using hot knife to join the thing together.
There's one Igbo guy wey sabi that thing wella for our side grin
Now a civil Engr though
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Indomie001: 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
candlewax:

It's not too far then. Can you drive?
Now its looking like only people in lagos are the closest to luck ,but we all cant be in lagos.... well God dey.

Been following your story and i just thank God for where you are now and where you are still going .

I also have alot but still not yet ripe to tell so i wont mind at all if any job luck shine on me though am not in lag but Osun.

Thanks bro.

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Indomie001: 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
muffyt05:
This thread is one of the best I've read on Nairaland pre and post elections. The life experience of Candlewax and many others got people talking on several life issues, which obviously connects us, as everyone has got a story to tell. Took my time to read through all the pages and never for once read anything tribal,derogatory or name calling. This just goes to show that certain issues in life can bring us together while others can set us apart.
If only we refuse to be tools in the hands of those who divided and rule us, Nigeria would be a great country for us all, where we'll all look out for each other.
While reading, I noticed the kind gesture of the Candlewax guy offering to help out another guy with a job or so, isn't that heartwarming, coming from a guy who could have sworn never to help anyone in light of all the rejections he also faced.
All I'm saying is, we are good people in this country but we allow few corrupt politicians manipulate and divide us.
It is my prayer that God will attend to all of our pressing issues, God bless us all and God bless Nigeria
Amen !
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by drealj: 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
I think this has to do with the society. IN Short, society tins.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by ladygudhead(f): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
Toks2008:

If GOD pulled us through our ordeal, he will surely see you through. Just trust in him
Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Massive Python Swallows A 70-Year-Old Man In Dalaba, Guinea (Photo) / Sanwo-Olu Empty Vault Spotted At Ikoyi Cemetery (Pictures) / Hyena Dragged To Police Station In Kano. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.