Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. (67663 Views)

Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / Driver And Passengers Fall In A Ditch While Trying To Pass A Bad Road. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by logan2(m): 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
Evercurious:

I feel his pains..Still within him is the shock of disappointments from those he lest expected. Especially close pals and relatives he supported during their trying times . It is well
amen gracias
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by DavidEsq(m): 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
Darevofpeace:
I did this during Late Gen.Sabi Abacha's regime,the poverty was very high in the whole neighborhood,salary's were being owed and you can not protest because the soldier's called "operation sweep" were in all street,Nadeco (Afenifere) men were being jalied,Sergeant Rogers(Abacha's killing machine ) was killing all opposition's down,late Kudirat,late Abraham Adesanya(thou the bullet didn't penetrate),Late Dr.Frederick Fashehun,Professor Wole Soyinka was in detention along with Late Gani Fawehinmi,Tibunu had ran away to U.K,he came back after Abacha's death,all the kids in neighborhood would visit the saw mill plants and pack a sack of "sawdust" to cook our favourite meal of "weevil " beans,you need to put more garri to make the weevils invisible while eating, the beans is half of dead weevils,the year was btw 1994-1998,Mid 80's kids can relate. University strike went for months even some 2yrs.I can't forget in a hurry.
We called it Abacha stove

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Num07033711115(m): 8:45pm On Mar 16, 2019
Una jst dey talk say na nail i use for me notin wey i no use 4 that mata I used evrything useable
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Burgerlomo: 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2019
Toks2008:
If you ever did this then life has really dealt with you.

So let us know when and why you did it.

I think I did it for few days in my university days when i was so broke to buy new slippers.

All glory and adoration be to his holy name, but U are very wicked 4 bringing back this memory grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by vheckthor1: 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
Abcruz:

Have you read the account of Job?
Did you comprehend the end of his matter?

Who among you fears the LORD and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God.--Isaiah 50:10

And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself restore you, secure you, strengthen you, and establish you.--1 peter 5:10

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.--Romans 8:18

Do not give up on God because your being alive today is a tangible evidence that HE still loves you.

You are truly God sent, facing a depression and really lonely but those bible verses (especially Isaiah 50 vs 10) restore my hope.

3 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by DavidEsq(m): 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2019
deebee13:

Aaawww, don't cry. I'm sure you're doing better now, and if not it's coming shortly. Stay strong!!! smiley
No be your type abandon am tha year ni?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Burgerlomo: 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:
We that year na nail we day use .

Yah head correct cool
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Divay22(f): 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2019
Everyone gat a story. smiley
But regardless of how life treats you, chose to be good.
Imagine people's pain as if it's happening to you and if you're in a position to help pls help.

We rise by lifting others up.

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by zionmde: 8:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
Such an inspiring thread

I saw hell as a kid though
Got socially alienated from other kids because of poverty
Nobody ever wanted to see me on his/her door because they know its to beg for food
Once drank starch meant for pasting posters without sugar
Ate soured soup because I have got no choice

Cooked with waste papers because no money for wood
Skipped 5 because no money for fees
No result from prim 4 to prim 6 because no money for fees
My teacher once hid me in the toilet so that the headmaster will not know am in class (Aunty Osunwoke am still looking for u and ur children, the day I find them will be the last day u will pay there fees)

Once Bundled to church to beg Pastors after service for school fees, Pastor made a promise he hasn't fulfilled up till today

Until I hit the street Hawking, entered university Hawking
No friend, no lover, nobody wanted to identify with me

Once slept in madza madza park because of no accommodation
Life has taught me a lot in bitter ways

My greatest enemies were transformers and big drainages because anytime I pass, I am always tempted to end it there
Once flew out from a moving car but no approaching vehicle to end it
Thank God suicide is a sin, I could have gone a long time ago

We are responsible for who we become in life irrespective of our family background

It has all changed though. God has blessed me.
I encourage those going through hard time to keep being focused, there is no time to blame anybody, no matter who disappointed u, with diligence and focus success is sure

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by SonofHim: 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Wow. I have gulped every post on this thread with so much relish. Thanks all for the encouraging stories and testimonies. Thanks all for sharing and encouraging one another. To imagine that all these started from slippers is kind of funny. Thank you Toks2008.

A tiny little bit of my story...

No be who get money to buy slippers go dey think of how to repair am? There were times when I had to go to school (primary) barefooted. At a point I stopped going to school because I was owing too much fees and was tired of being constantly sent home and humiliated. Remember passing Jamb and when I got admission I did not have enough money to take a bus to UNIBEN to check the list. I can remember sitting out in the field one Sunday evening and praying that the world should end because I could not go for clearance. There was no money anywhere. My uncles who had promised me all failed. But somehow somehow God in His infinite mercy made a way. The story is completely different today and looking back now I know it was God who made it possible. Doing my PG now and looking forward to becoming a Consultant soon!

No matter what happens dont give up on yourself, and don't give up on God.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
Starboytwo:
well it's a good thing your demons are now throwbacks, I'm still trying to navigate mine, but they are "learning work compared to yours..

Meanwhile do you have a work, job or wanna delegate some duties, that alone would erase all my problems...I love to move about but with a purpose... Idleness is my number 1 enemy

bros... should i advice u.

start dropshipping for people. d only thing u need is d money u will use to runadvert.

look for seller online collect picture of s product run facebook ads, add ur profit sell, remove ur profit and pay d seller.

P.S it not a get rich quick scheme o
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

[b]I have nothing more to say other than encourage anyone passing through a hard time. It will surely pass. Trials are phases and stepping stone to greatness. I'm not yet a big as I used to despite the fact I'm very comfortable now but I know I will surpass how I began. At least friends that deserted me now respect me. I was so broke that when my house expired then, I shamefully lied to my neighbors that I was parking to somewhere else. I brought a truck parked electronics sold them and paid debt, when I was leaving the compound I abandoned my furnitures, chairs in my sitting room and beds because I had no where to take them to. It was someone I met on that day with my clothes walking aimlessly along the road that took me to his place. Rat infested kpako... � (from a well furnished apartment to squat in kpako (zinc) house) I later brought my car and will sleep in the car as I don't drive it because no fuel. Sold the car afterwards. I don't know, it was really bad, no friends, no babe, no clothes, no love, churches where I donated millions abandoned me (big reason I am now an atheist) things was getting worse, I was so broke all I had was my name. Somehow, someone believed in me. Loaned me 3m and thT was the turning point[/b]

mhen i feel ur pain bro. ot mot rossy @ all meslef am trying to find my way before i reach 25. religion is overrated bro. may ur new hustle prpspe
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by adekayo1234(m): 9:02pm On Mar 16, 2019
I've suffered in this life sha but now I thank God for those suffering.... I'm a better person because of them and I am able to feel other people's pain and it made me less reliant on people.

Everyone in my family was a cobbler from dad to the last born. We had d tools at home grin grin
Fast forward to today, I'm not yet rich but I'm far from being poor. Tough times really don't last, tough people do

6 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Angelou(m): 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
morningstar55:
I did that about two months ago
so according to the OP, "Life is still dealing with u"
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by horladexino(m): 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2019
cry cry
This one dey ask if u have do this before
The sleepers I wear throughout today I use small nails to hold them
abeg our poverty no be here jawe
@ my age still pursuing ND

4 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Elliot2(m): 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
Toks2008:

Share a snipet.
I come from a very dysfunctional home bro., that has greatly impacted on my life. I am the youngest child amongst six; the most immediate one before me is 15yrs older than I am. So it happened that I didn't grow up to have a good relationship with any one of them. While I was growing up,I usually see them once in a year or two as they all based in the city( and only once did I get to see all my siblings come together for a family meeting which ended in chaos,anyway). I remember the excitement that used to greet my face whenever they came; I had this profound respect for them then. Of a truth, not until oil was discovered in our community that a lot of people started making money and going to schools,my siblings were easily seen as among the few in affluence. But all of that affluence: one is based abroad,one works in shell,one in public service and have had several promotions, and another a top politician in the area, has not transformed into anything for the family as a whole. Only now did I realise that my elder ones have no lost love found among them—they are at loggerheads with one another. Now, I am caught up in their silent wrangling. No one of them even cares to know if I exist. The one abroad who once promised to send me over has suddenly gone cold. The annoying thing is that,people outside who could have helped my case don't help seeing my siblings. Everyone thinks I am enjoying. Lol. I am fading inside.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
mhen life is really cruel. it the survival of the feeetest.

if you are able to pull through dont mock people struggling.

mhen i can still remember den. when i repeat twice in secondary school mhen, tough time.

have feel depress to the extent of commiting suicide.

but all in all, am back and better. i might not have achieve all i want buh one day all will be green.

to every HUSTLE. Hustle legit and watch how thing will unfold for u.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Elliot2(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
[quote author=Toks2008 post=76718236]

Share a snipet. I come from a very dysfunctional home bro., that has greatly impacted on my life. I am the youngest child amongst six; the most immediate one before me is 15yrs older than I am. So it happened that I didn't grow up to have a good relationship with any one of them. While I was growing up,I usually see them once in a year or two as they all based in the city( and only once did I get to see all my siblings come together for a family meeting which ended in chaos,anyway). I remember the excitement that used to greet my face whenever they came; I had this profound respect for them then. Of a truth, not until oil was discovered in our community that a lot of people started making money and going to schools,my siblings were easily seen as among the few in affluence. But all of that affluence: one is based abroad,one works in shell,one in public service and have had several promotions, and another a top politician in the area, has not transformed into anything for the family as a whole. Only now did I realise that my elder ones have no lost love found among them—they are at loggerheads with one another. Now, I am caught up in their silent wrangling. No one of them even cares to know if I exist. The one abroad who once promised to send me over has suddenly gone cold. The annoying thing is that,people outside who could have helped my case don't help seeing my siblings. Everyone thinks I am enjoying. Lol. I am fading inside.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Vickym1(f): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

[b]I have nothing more to say other than encourage anyone passing through a hard time. It will surely pass. Trials are phases and stepping stone to greatness. I'm not yet a big as I used to despite the fact I'm very comfortable now but I know I will surpass how I began. At least friends that deserted me now respect me. I was so broke that when my house expired then, I shamefully lied to my neighbors that I was parking to somewhere else. I brought a truck parked electronics sold them and paid debt, when I was leaving the compound I abandoned my furnitures, chairs in my sitting room and beds because I had no where to take them to. It was someone I met on that day with my clothes walking aimlessly along the road that took me to his place. Rat infested kpako... � (from a well furnished apartment to squat in kpako (zinc) house) I later brought my car and will sleep in the car as I don't drive it because no fuel. Sold the car afterwards. I don't know, it was really bad, no friends, no babe, no clothes, no love, churches where I donated millions abandoned me (big reason I am now an atheist) things was getting worse, I was so broke all I had was my name. Somehow, someone believed in me. Loaned me 3m and thT was the turning point[/b]
Chai.. This is really inspiring cry thanks for sharing ur life experience with us. smiley
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Elliot2(m): 9:11pm On Mar 16, 2019
Toks2008:

Share a snipet.
quote author=Toks2008 post=76718236]

Share a snipet. [/quote]I come from a very dysfunctional home bro., that has greatly impacted on my life. I am the youngest child amongst six; the most immediate one before me is 15yrs older than I am. So it happened that I didn't grow up to have a good relationship with any one of them. While I was growing up,I usually see them once in a year or two as they all based in the city( and only once did I get to see all my siblings come together for a family meeting which ended in chaos,anyway). I remember the excitement that used to greet my face whenever they came; I had this profound respect for them then. Of a truth, not until oil was discovered in our community that a lot of people started making money and going to schools,my siblings were easily seen as among the few in affluence. But all of that affluence: one is based abroad,one works in shell,one in public service and have had several promotions, and another a top politician in the area, has not transformed into anything for the family as a whole. Only now did I realise that my elder ones have no lost love found among them—they are at loggerheads with one another. Now, I am caught up in their silent wrangling. No one of them even cares to know if I exist. The one abroad who once promised to send me over has suddenly gone cold. The annoying thing is that,people outside who could have helped my case don't help seeing my siblings. Everyone thinks I am enjoying. Lol. I am fading inside.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
Elliot2:
quote author=Toks2008 post=76718236]

Share a snipet. I come from a very dysfunctional home bro., that has greatly impacted on my life. I am the youngest child amongst six; the most immediate one before me is 15yrs older than I am. So it happened that I didn't grow up to have a good relationship with any one of them. While I was growing up,I usually see them once in a year or two as they all based in the city( and only once did I get to see all my siblings come together for a family meeting which ended in chaos,anyway). I remember the excitement that used to greet my face whenever they came; I had this profound respect for them then. Of a truth, not until oil was discovered in our community that a lot of people started making money and going to schools,my siblings were easily seen as among the few in affluence. But all of that affluence: one is based abroad,one works in shell,one in public service and have had several promotions, and another a top politician in the area, has not transformed into anything for the family as a whole. Only now did I realise that my elder ones have no lost love found among them—they are at loggerheads with one another. Now, I am caught up in their silent wrangling. No one of them even cares to know if I exist. The one abroad who once promised to send me over has suddenly gone cold. The annoying thing is that,people outside who could have helped my case don't help seeing my siblings. Everyone thinks I am enjoying. Lol. I am fading inside.

Hmmmm!

One deep fact I have learnt in life is that humans will always fail you but if you pray and trust IN GOD ALONE , he will send your helper to you from a source you will never expect.... as they say in my language..."Ajumobi o kan ti anu a fi e ni ti oluwa ba ran si ni" meaning that you have family that can help does not mean they will but only the person GOD sends to us will help us.

Pray to GOD and fast also then work hard and you will see a + turn around.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

Where part of Lagos are you. I have a small job. Pay is just enough to get by. I stay in festac

boss me too am available o.

am in Mushin
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:
Never did it but I passed through a furnace too. Once left my house trekked a long distance to my friends house and he wasn't around. Sat at his door waited for him to come back so he could give me a f**king "pure water" because I lost everything and couldn't afford a drinking water talk more of food, no phone,
choii. Will spend days inside my apartment 4years back eating N50 biscuit and sachet water for a day. Bills were pilling up too and I was so ashamed to beg anyone because I was big before the disaster....remembering this makes me wanna cry cry Oh God!

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

You may have a point. I will think over it

Maybe this thread was written because of you so please reconsider your steps and come back to GOD.

You know the funniest part of it?..
If you believe in GOD and after you die you find out he does not exist, you have nothing to lose but what if you don't believe in him and you die and find out he does exist? Then you have nothing to gain but everything to lose.

Think about it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by pattybf(f): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2019
Wow, I just see myself liking almost every post here. It is indeed well with us. Thanking God for his mercies n faithfulness.

Life is beautiful!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by RealAdewole(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
logan2:
yes at least we are not eating olive oil and water any longer,im only sorry for my dad,even when the future looks so promising for his children,he still cant come out from his shell

Everything gonna be alright one day, just believe.

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
Divay22:
Everyone gat a story. smiley
But regardless of how life treats you, chose to be good.
Imagine people's pain as if it's happening to you and if you're in a position to help pls help.

We rise by lifting others up.

Exactly and I'm doing that right now. I cant ignore anyone suffering if there is something I can do to help.

3 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Elliot2(m): 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2019
Toks2008:

Hmmmm!

One deep fact I have learnt in life is that humans will always fail you but if you pray and trust IN GOD ALONE , he will send your helper to you from a source you will never expect.... as they say in my language..."Ajumobi o kan ti anu a fi e ni ti oluwa ba ran si ni" meaning that you have family that can help does not mean they will but only the person GOD sends to us will help us.

Pray to GOD and fast also then work hard and you will see a + turn around.
True talk bro. I am hopeful anyway. Las las e go better. make God just send me my helper.

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
I sure did it.i can even sew shoes like the regular cobbler.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by encryptjay(m): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
Toks2008, great thread. I'm touched by your thread. I think I did it was just for fun.
Truth is, I've not really been in such situations shared by people but the stories hit my spine. I just want to carve my own path in life.
Pretty soon, I'll be in the labour market, I get worried from time to time. There's nothing as good as working your way to the top. These days, I don't feel comfortable collecting cash.
I get emotional when I see people and I can't really do much for them. It's one of the things that propels me to want to be successful.
Though good people are fading out from this world but if you're made, try to change people's lives.
All the people that have played important roles in my life, I always remember them.
BTW, candlewax you be man. Respect boss.

4 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by teoo: 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2019
Tallesty1:
What I did most was using hot knife to join the thing together.
You r a legend sir.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
Can you share yours so we could learn? [ Quote author=Toks2008 post=76713268]

If you hear my story..you go run back to GOD faster than Usien Bolt.

Better embrace GOD bro.remember Job
[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Empty Vault Spotted At Ikoyi Cemetery (Pictures) / Massive Python Swallows A 70-Year-Old Man In Dalaba, Guinea (Photo) / Hyena Dragged To Police Station In Kano. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.