Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota (44181 Views)

Dunamis Church Is Constructing New Road In Faggae, Kano (Photos) / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by brainbox80: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2019
lionness:
I hope they extend it to the community around and not just winners alone. We need more audacious projects like this in Nigeria
I WILL MOST LAUD SUCH PROJECT WHEN I SEE IT TAGETTED AT THE HOST COMMUNITIES/MEMBERS THAT HAS GIVEN THEM SO MUCH (EVEN IF FOR MODERATE FEES) THAN BUILDING ALL THAT FOR "PERSONAL CONSUMPTION". SUCH CHURCH CAN CHAMPION A LEGACY THAT CAN CHANGE A NATION FOR GOOD IF THEY GET MORE PEOPLE ORIENTED GIVING THEIR FINANCIAL MUSCLES -- THE MISSIONARIES WILL ALWAYS COME TO MIND, ANYDAY ANYTIME

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Facidio: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2019
dokyOloye:
Nice.
Better than d competition to own the biggest church building.
Even if they aren't adding it to the national grid,Nigerians will have more electricity at their disposal when winners chapel goes off the national grid.

mind you ....winners chapel is not on the national grid....it's produces its own power already. just want to produce more

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 11:50am On Mar 17, 2019
Bobby4090:

Are you ok? Just 1000MW can serve a state with 25% of Nigeria heavy industries? In a sane country, that 1000 MW will just be for Alimosho alone. Go ask South Africa that produces 20 times our power generation. We are far far far behind.

You are juvenile and not fully developed yet,it's unwise to engage you further.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by badman007(m): 11:55am On Mar 17, 2019
Offpoint1:
Nigerian Government should be handed to church, these guys knows their onions.

If we hand our government to them within the four years the dullard will waste, Nigeria will experience a drastic positive changes in every sectors.

It's currently being run by the mosque.

I doubt the church would do much better.

We can ONLY do it TOGETHER...

Foreign religions cannot help us. We are different from every other people. We need leaders that would understand this uniqueness and play to our individual strengths.

Didi-London.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by princfred(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2019
2sexycom:
Some of you think it is only the government that makes these things not to work.

Let me tell you one sad reality.. It is the joy of men in control of these things to see their country men suffer.
It is up to the government to make such men go away. Soo

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by alezzy13: 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2019
Born2Breed:
The title is misleading. 100MW and not 1,000MW.

100MW will take care of the whole CanaanCity. �

I wonder o. Cost alone would be in the billions of dollars.

While I don't doubt the capacity of Bishop to pull such a project am not even sure the cost will be worth it. Its more than enough for Cannanland. We are talking about about one fifth of the current capacity of the ENTIRE country.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Orpe7(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
RCCG CAMP DONE THAT ALREADY
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by DearDotun: 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
NnaNna4:
Good lead.... Soon other churches will follow suit.
Yes o. Better than than buying private jets up and down

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by gamaliel9: 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
Deomovies:
Good development right? Meanwhile, you can get Latest and Top Rated hundreds of Movies and Series in HD quality into your External drives and PCs at affordable prices. Lagosians, please help a bro today by patronizing, that's the best gift for Movies Junkies.

Do you have ALL the films produced by the following directors and producers

1. Federico Fellini
2. Martin Scorsese
3. Luchino Visconti
4.Louis Malle
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Topmaike007(m): 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2019
Lisaint:
I thought there is a clause in the power ACT that says you can't generate more than 5MW..

If anything is more than this, you have to send it to the national grid?

How did Winners Operate their current 15mW without disturbance from FG?

What's stopping lagos state from generating,transmitting and distributing power to their state instead of just constructing NIPP and sending it to national grid?

Pls let's have honest debate about this without fight
I am with you on this one,if Lagos should generate their light themselves other states will follow suites

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Topmaike007(m): 12:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
Amuocha:
God must punish Buhari for his wickedness angry
because it's Buhari that sold off NEPA? Pls reserve your hatred or else you die of heartache
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by bonfMedia(m): 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2019
Preator:
And they don't want to be taxed?
Anyway, its just a rumour and impossible with current NERC regulations. If you generate more than 20MW, you have to pump it into the national grid first. Its a stupid law, but it's the current law. So unless they want to generate and sell to the whole country, a 1000MW plant is a no no. Better multiple 15mw in several locations(which will be costlier to operate and maintain)
Nigeria has stupid laws sha
which national grid again when power supply and distribution is already privatised!

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Unlimitk(m): 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by kingthreatz: 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
BrokenCock:
u dont read!olodo.

Ur uncle
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by winterfell007(m): 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
Lisaint:
I thought there is a clause in the power ACT that says you can't generate more than 5MW..

If anything is more than this, you have to send it to the national grid?

How did Winners Operate their current 15mW without disturbance from FG?

What's stopping lagos state from generating,transmitting and distributing power to their state instead of just constructing NIPP and sending it to national grid?

Pls let's have honest debate about this without fight

There's no law that compels energy companies to build power plants and send to the national grid, none whatsoever. The ex boss of NERC, Sam Amadi made provisions for 'captive power projects' any company who intends to generate power in excess of one (1) megawatts must seek a license from the commission, that's all.
Since the ESPR act was passed into law in 2005, Federal Govt. doesn't force any IPP to send power to the grid, it usually done on their own volition.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
Shame on Federal government of Nigeria.If a church can generate 1000 MW of electricity and our useless fg are struggling to generate 5000 or 6000 MW of electricity,then we are truly in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by scave(m): 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
IDEKEALUMONA:
Lie! what would they be doing with 1000MW? How many heavy industries are within that vicinity ? 1000MW can serve the entire Ogun state .

may b u should come to ota and agbara and see many industries be it nestle,honda etc wasting millions every day purchasing diesel and Ago

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by joe4christ(m): 1:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
Now these are some of the news I read and I'm forced to appreciate Daddy Freeze for criticizing this men dem. It seems to make dem wanna up their game, having in mind there's someone who is ever ready to drag their names to the mud should dey be unproductive or celebrate mediocrity.
This is a wonderful project that Nigerians will eventually benefit from, both directly and indirectly. And I see other Mega churches following suite.

Its a plus for we Nigerians. This is how the church is suppose to be contributing to nation building. It will get to a time where the church will be powerful enough that they will begin to influence governance for the betterment of the common man.

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
Fake news with no sources. I'm not sure the reporter of the fake news knows what 1,000MW of power is.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Rajosh(m): 1:31pm On Mar 17, 2019
David Oyedepo will do well as president of Nigeria
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
please show this to daddy freeze
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Originalsly: 1:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
Preator:
And they don't want to be taxed?
Anyway, its just a rumour and impossible with current NERC regulations. If you generate more than 20MW, you have to pump it into the national grid first. Its a stupid law, but it's the current law. So unless they want to generate and sell to the whole country, a 1000MW plant is a no no. Better multiple 15mw in several locations(which will be costlier to operate and maintain)
Nigeria has stupid laws sha

It's not a stupid law. Why would a private entity need more than 20Mw? If it does I'm almost sure an exception would be made. A 1000 Mw plant is not about running a campus only.... that's launching into the business of selling electricity to the FG. Can you accuse the tax free church of having a tax for business?...no... because the church will say they are following the law...ehmmm.... we have development plans to eventually utilise all the electricity we are generating.... but currently we are only using 20 Mw of the 1000 Mw ...so we have to follow the law and sell the excess 980 Mw to the FG..... a d that's how the church will cover itself with the blood money.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by mandela222: 1:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
oh lord God this man bishop David oyedepo is a visionary leader pls if this man can be given the opportunity to govern Nigeria for just 4yrs Nigeria will look like London because 24 hours light will bring employment to achieve 24 hours light every state should have their individual power grid then it will be sub divided into local governments then each local government producing at least 100mw of energy within few years Nigeria will achieve constant power
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by IMAliyu(m): 1:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
bonfMedia:

which national grid again when power supply and distribution is already privatised!
Power generation is still monopolized by the government.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by IMAliyu(m): 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ibrahimmrfish:
Shame on Federal government of Nigeria.If a church can generate 1000 MW of electricity and our useless fg are struggling to generate 5000 or 6000 MW of electricity,then we are truly in trouble.
That's because they are a private entity (which has low internal corruption and more of an incentive) compared to our barely functioning government.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by BrokenCock: 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
kingthreatz:

My yeye uncle
I know joor
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by Osila2: 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
IDEKEALUMONA:

Nigeria is a third/ fourth world country and power consumption in Nigeria is very low, including Ota, despite the presesence of the so-called industries at Ota, 1000MW would still be in excess, even for entire Ogun state,esp when you also consider that the power supply In the state is not going to come from this fictitious power plant alone. The cost implication(about a billion dollar) is also a factor to consider. pls read this https://www.engineering.com/DesignerEdge/DesignerEdgeArticles/ArticleID/10829/1000-MW-Generating-Facility-to-Power-One-Million-Homes.aspx and https://www.engineering.com/DesignerEdge/DesignerEdgeArticles/ArticleID/10829/1000-MW-Generating-Facility-to-Power-One-Million-Homes.aspx

I'm not against winners chapel or Oyedepo but I'm just giving you reasons why it's not even conceivable in the first place

@IDEKEALUMONA: My Brother, you are very correct in your reaction and I am highly pleased about your knowledge and wisdom, DM me please.

Going through some reactions to the topic I realized that most of the writers don't know the intricacies of electricity generation, transmission and distribution and the relevant laws guiding it.

1Gigawatt (1000MW) CAN NOT be established at a go, it is impossible to do so.
Generation turbine etc. are not on the shelf and has to be built on request just like an airplane.
What of the cost implication of almost 1.5 billion dollars, the NERC regulations that stipulated the size of power generation that can be captive and anything more than that has to be on-grid.
Where is the huge fuel for the 1GW going to come from?
Who are the 1GW offtakers because Oyedepo and ALL his businesses CAN NOT absorb all the generation.
Will NERC grants licence to generate power and generate for whom?

I'll like to implore that we make precise and meaningful contribution to issues that we know about and well versed on, and not run away with sentiment or think that because of the availability of an android device plus managed data we should be spewing our ignorant for the whole world thereby displaying our slow-wittedness

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by DavSagacity(m): 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Just imagine a church that is less than a local government in Nigeria constructing 1000 MW plus the 15MW they already have that is functioning, can you imagine if the various useless satanic government from 1979 till the current Oldman in Abuja embarks in similar project the issue of power would have been addressed, why not allow 3 or more local government in each state of Nigeria construct 500 MW yearly, state governors should construct 1000MW while the federal government should construct 2000 MW yearly, Nigeria will have 24/7 Power but they are looting and stealing.

God bless Bishop Oyedepo, l don't care wether it is tithes, offering, peace offerings, lamb offerings, special seeds etc but one thing I know, is that, it is working in the winners Chapel, Buhari should beg oyedepo to come and teach him governance shocked
Arrogance and Fulani man stubbornness will not allow him to ask Bishop Oyedepo to teach him to generate sustainable power.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by mzeefitz(m): 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2019
IDEKEALUMONA:
Lie! what would they be doing with 1000MW? How many heavy industries are within that vicinity ? 1000MW can serve the entire Ogun state .
Lols
Dear brother
After Lagos and kano, That vicinity is the next most industrious place in this our country
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by 2sexycom(m): 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
princfred:
It is up to the government to make such men go away. Soo
They will resist it.

It was on Nairaland I read a guy mentioned how he created a mini grid to serve a community after apply for license from NERC only to be displace after enugu disco complained due to their loss of the community to the guy. so you see?
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by eyinjuege: 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
johnmattew:
they are obviously doing it to ridicule the Nigerian government......the megawatts can power a full state.

cannaland doesn't need such power..they need less than 100MW...even araria market power plants buhari commissioned isn't up to 20MW

Why would they embark on such an expensive project just to ridicule the Nigerian government? Is the government a specific person? Or Nigerians?
If the story were true, definitely many people in Ogun state would benefit from it. The already generate electricity for their church, so dont personally need the exrra.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota by seuner: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
lovely! 1000mw is not small at all. let the surrounding communities benefit. the kingdom businesses are earning giant strides in national development...more of this.

between; chat with me in WhatsApp, 07062508601, for your water treatment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Annoying Church Poster I Saw Today.(pics) / If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Little Boy Preaching The Gospel In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.