Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding (49738 Views)

Nigerian Bride-To-Be Visits Married Boyfriend For 1 Last Sex Before Her Wedding / I'm Suspecting My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive / I Am In Love With Her But She Is HIV Positive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by lenghtinny(m): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
Error 404 angry
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Mike008(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
Justbeingreal:
iF it is a no sex relationship that guy would be lucky but if not.

Damn! Sex is so risky whether married or not the HIV might not be from sex only. How can one be sure their partner will be extra careful like them in case of sharp objects sharing and the rest..

Honestly intimate relationship is risky..

Both of them were tested. The man turned out negative probably.
Am beginning to think the chances of a woman contracting HIV through sex is higher than males.
I heard similar stories of a men testing negative whereas their partners tested positive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
madridsta007:
That will be making decisions on emotions and not on logic.
Which is a terrible thing to do.

there is nothing logical about marriage, yet many do it anyway. life is ALL about emotions, if YOU dont "feel" right about doing something, then whether good/bad/or even logical, you shouldnt do it. without emotions, we are all but brainless machines.

but hey, if i really was gonna follow logic out of everything in life, i would have never left my parents house were i had ate for free, slept for free, and was cherished like i was a king.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by arrestdarrester: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Please send her for a confirmatory test first

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
well, they can still get married and have a wonderful life together (they will just have to be very careful)...
undecided
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Awoo88: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Headlesschicken:
undecided So u mean d n!gga hasn't tasted it raw,even for once? I don't believe it...
Tested raw will not make him catch it. Though the chance of getting ut is high but raw sex can happen without contacting hiv

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by handsomeyinka(m): 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
Justbeingreal:
iF it is a no sex relationship that guy would be lucky but if not.

Damn! Sex is so risky whether married or not the HIV might not be from sex only. How can one be sure their partner will be extra careful like them in case of sharp objects sharing and the rest..

Honestly intimate relationship is risky..
This your grammar sef fit give person HIV.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

She does not even need to do the artificial insemination thing...all she needs to do is take her ARV, keep the viral load low...and there won't be issues with having kids, or even breastfeeding.

true indeed, but for an extra safety measure, they can have "safe" sex... as we know many could be paranoid about having unprotected sex with such woman.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Emotionss: 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
MrBrownJay1:

bro, as much as i understand that it wouldnt be easy, they can still be happy together, for the rest of their natural lives... if that is indeed the reason why they wanted to get married at the 1st place.

in today HIV+ world, she can take ARV's and live a "seemingly" normal life.... and the day they want to have children, she can get inseminated with his sperm (or do it homemade with a syringe) and possibly have healthy kids. et voila!

but i also fully understand that, if the man wants to leave and forget about this lady, he has all the rights to do so.

In the name of all that is Holy and true can you honestly marry someone with Hiv ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by RaphtechSolar(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
Michelle55:
cry Awwwn, that's so sad. The possibility of the marriage taking place is still there that's if the groom is willing to continue. Being HIV + is not the end of one's life.

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by madridsta007(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

there is nothing logical about marriage, yet many do it anyway. life is ALL about emotions, if YOU dont "feel" right about doing something, then whether good/bad/or even logical, you shouldnt do it. without emotions, we are all but brainless machines.

but hey, if i really was gonna follow logic out of everything in life, i would have never left my parents house were i had ate for free, slept for free, and was cherished like i was a king.

Logic in this case is simple: Available medical research shows, quite simply, that the fellow is likely to become a carrier of the disease and, in climes such as Nigeria where medical care is pathetic, would give birth to kids who will suffer from the same disease. Possible consequence will be grief, sickness, cost of medical care and possible, death. So, you avoid it.

Have you ever seen children who are sicklers? Or grew up close to them? You will understand better when I argue that these things should be treated with common-sense and avoided.

I understand that Nigeria is a society where the belief in miracles and magic trumps medical research and reasoning, hence even this simple explanation of mine will be questioned. Which is fine.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Jossy4luv1(m): 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
k
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by ZolotuaLorenzo(m): 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
lanzzy1231xx:

You b idiot oh, scammer

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
If he still loves her he should marry her

Simple
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by noisy45(m): 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
For me the marriage has ended shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Kaptainemeka(m): 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
sherylbakky:
Y d tears?
Are u sure a doctor really posted dis?

The two ppl above me are even qualified than d doctor.

The poster must be lab assistant.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Captain0147: 6:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
Humm
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]
In the name of all that is Holy and true can you honestly marry someone with Hiv ?

bro, this is not a simple black/white issue, as you want to put it...
- if i met someone today and she tells me she is HIV+ then it would just be easier to just walk away
- but i can assure you about something: if i met someone, fell in love with that person and ultimately decide to want to spend the rest of my natural life with that person.... and few days before mariage she finds out she is HIV+, then that would NEVER be the reason for me to want to leave that person i supposedly love from the bottom of my soul. it would make no fukcing sense.

madridsta007:

Logic in this case is simple: Available medical research shows, quite simply, that the fellow is likely to become a carrier of the disease and, in climes such as Nigeria where medical care is pathetic, would give birth to kids who will suffer from the same disease. Possible consequence will be grief, sickness, cost of medical care and possible, death. So, you avoid it.

I understand that Nigeria is a society where the belief in miracles and magic trumps medical research and reasoning, hence even this simple explanation of mine will be questioned. Which is fine.

forget miracles and juju BS, you do know that having safe sex would solve the above issue, right? you do know that with ARVsthis lady can have healthy children, right? bro educate yourself on the issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by GOFRONT(m): 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
So many people hide dem own for body....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by alezzy13: 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
madridsta007:

Have you ever seen children who are sicklers? Or grew up close to them? You will understand better when I argue that these things should be treated with common-sense and avoided.

Stop spreading falsehood. As long as she adhere to her medication, the chances of infectioning her husband or even her child is near zero. Confirm by research

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2019
madridsta007:

bro, again, educate yourself on the issue so i dont have to do it for you.... there is a cure for sickle cell anemia, which is Bone marrow transplant, also known as stem cell transplant.... and as much as it aint cheap nor easy, it is a cure indeed!!!!

you have such a simple way to look at things....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by theoldpretender(m): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
madridsta007:

Regarding HIV,

1. Once you test positive, you start medications. Now, we have new ARV that help keep the viral load very low..it does not clear it, but it keeps it low

2.If your load is low, chances of spreading the HIV fall

3.Husband can use condom. If he and Madam want the kids...he can remove the condom...and they can get it on, and he can always take PEP

4.Madam can have HIV free kids so long as she is on her ARV, and so long as the child gets some ARV (once ) after birth. Having a CS also improves protection for baby. Again, breastfeeding is now allowed.

HIV care has improved over the last 20 years.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Icon79(m): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
Woe-men!

That's all I gotta say angry sad shocked

O pari
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by alezzy13: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mike008:

Both of them were tested. The man turned out negative probably.
Am beginning to think the chances of a woman contracting HIV through sex is higher than females.
I heard similar stories of a men testing negative whereas their partners tested positive.

Females have a higher chance of becoming infected
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by madridsta007(m): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

bro, again, educate yourself on the issue so i dont have to do it for you.... there is a cure for sickle cell anemia, which is Bone marrow transplant, also known as stem cell transplant.... and as much as it aint cheap nor easy, it is a cure indeed!!!!

Hence, I referred to the context of "Nigeria".
Or does Nigeria have the same healthcare system and standard as say, Australia?
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by inspector1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2019
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=77009771]

bro, as much as i understand that it wouldnt be easy, they can still be happy together, for the rest of their natural lives... if that is indeed the reason why they wanted to get married at the 1st place.

in today HIV+ world, she can take ARV's and live a "seemingly" normal life.... and the day they want to have children, she can get inseminated with his sperm (or do it homemade with a syringe) and possibly have healthy kids. et voila!

but i also fully understand that, if the man wants to leave and forget about this lady, he has all the rights to do so.

Right to leave where? U want tell me say Bros never 2go the babe during courtship. Na for better for worse Matter o.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by madridsta007(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

Regarding HIV,

1. Once you test positive, you start medications. Now, we have new ARV that help keep the viral load very low..it does not clear it, but it keeps it low

2.If your load is low, chances of spreading the HIV fall

3.Husband can use condom. If he and Madam want the kids...he can remove the condom...and they can get it on, and he can always take PEP

4.Madam can have HIV free kids so long as she is on her ARV, and so long as the child gets some ARV (once ) after birth. Having a CS also improves protection for baby. Again, breastfeeding is now allowed.

HIV care has improved over the last 20 years.

OK.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Emotionss: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
MrBrownJay1:

bro, this is not a simple black/white issue, as you want to put it...
- if i met someone today and she tells me she is HIV+ then it would just be easier to just walk away
- but i can assue about something: if i met someone, fell in love with that person and ultimately decide to want to spend the rest of my natural life with that person.... and few days before mariage she finds out she is HIV+, then that would NEVER be the reason for me to want to leave that person i supposedly love from the bottom of my soul. it would make no fukcing sense.

forget miracles and juju BS, you do know that having safe sex would solve the above issue, right? you do know that with ARVsthis lady can have healthy children, right? bro educate yourself on the issue.

Guy leave talk.
Believe you me. The moment you hear she is Hiv+ while you are hiv- the level of love will automatically reduce. By the time your family and friends mount pressure on you that love will vanish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by madridsta007(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
alezzy13:

Stop spreading falsehood. As long as she adhere to her medication, the chances of infectioning her husband or even her child is near zero. Confirm by research

lol @ infectioning.

OK.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Ugosample(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
kiddoiLL:
Omo bro that wan na jagbanjantis u talk so ooo!! Which one be they just HV to be careful? So marriage that's supposed to be sweet in every way, d couples go come dey live and carry out activities with handbrakes on?? No matter how careful they try to be, e no go sweet jaree
Edakun run for your life, marriage no be relationship joor

there are many hiv discordant couples out there

Just saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beautiful Military Couple's Pre-Wedding Photos / Man Yanks Off Girlfriend’s Wig At A Party Because Different Guys Talked To Her / Young Lady Writes To All The Fine Boys In Her Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.