Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding (49741 Views)

Nigerian Bride-To-Be Visits Married Boyfriend For 1 Last Sex Before Her Wedding / I'm Suspecting My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive / I Am In Love With Her But She Is HIV Positive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2019
madridsta007:

Hence, I referred to the context of "Nigeria".
Or does Nigeria have the same healthcare system and standard as say, Australia?

hence, i referred to having "safe" sex...
again, no matter how bad the situation is, these people can still have a wonderful happy life together, whether sickle cell or HIV+ status.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by theoldpretender(m): 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2019
madridsta007:

Logic in this case is simple: Available medical research shows, quite simply, that the fellow is likely to become a carrier of the disease and, in climes such as Nigeria where medical care is pathetic, would give birth to kids who will suffer from the same disease. Possible consequence will be grief, sickness, cost of medical care and possible, death. So, you avoid it.

Have you ever seen children who are sicklers? Or grew up close to them? You will understand better when I argue that these things should be treated with common-sense and avoided.

I understand that Nigeria is a society where the belief in miracles and magic trumps medical research and reasoning, hence even this simple explanation of mine will be questioned. Which is fine.

Ah, I see you were talking about SCD

Regarding SCD

1.Nowadays, AS copules are counselled. If they go ahead...

2.An AS and an AS copule can have all 'normal' children either by IVF...or even naturally.

3.SS can be cured by stem cell transplants...although that is in the early stage.

4.SS kids with high level of Factor F (kids who have a genetic mutation that makes them produce fetal hemoglobin)...can live a normal life.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by madridsta007(m): 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ugosample:

there are many hiv discordant couples out there

Just saying

My brother, I tire.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by madridsta007(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

Ah, I see you were talking about SCD

Regarding SCD

1.Nowadays, AS copules are counselled. If they go ahead...

2.An AS and an AS copule can have all 'normal' children either by IVF...or even naturally.

3.SS can be cured by stem cell transplants...although that is in the early stage.

4.SS kids with high level of Factor F (kids who have a genetic mutation that makes them produce fetal hemoglobin)...can live a normal life.

LOL. See the complex solutions. When it could have been entirely avoided.
Why complicate ones life when there are billions of females and billions of other males in the world?
This is the crux of my argument. Why?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by alezzy13: 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
madridsta007:

lol @ infectioning.

OK.

Infecting. tongue

U=U . Google that
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by dancewith: 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2019
This is why sex after marriage is advocated. In situations like these they can still marry as long as the love is there. With treatment U= U. Undetectable equals untransmitable . Once her virus becomes undetectable she wont be able to infect the husband
All in all, a tricky situation
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Geepapa: 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2019
When one of them is positive, it is called discordant couple and when both are reactive, it is called concordant couple. They can get wedded, if the Lady is faithful with her drug regimen after six months, her viral load will become undetectable. At that point, they can have naked sex, but before then the only time they make love without condom is when the woman is ovulating. Research has proven that a positive ovulating woman cannot infect her spouse. That doctor need to go for training and not be an alarmist

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by theoldpretender(m): 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2019
madridsta007:

LOL.
Why complicate ones life when there are billions of females and billions of other males in the world?

Well, to sum up...nowadays, an AS and AS can have all AA via IVF techniques.

My palaver is that if we do that for every AS couple...we may eliminate the HBS gene...which may have some unknown implications for humanity's genetic future...and no I'm not joking.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Guy leave talk.
Believe you me. The moment you hear she is Hiv+ while you are hiv- the level of love will automatically reduce. By the time your family and friends mount pressure on you that love will vanish.

i guess you and I are different then.... if i met someone and "love" that person, then she discovering that she is HIV+ wouldnt be a sudden reason for my love for her to change. i am mature enough to know that it wont be easy, but certainly NOT impossible to still be happy with that person.

as for family pressure, come on! i live in the real world where family give you advice and NEVER pressure you into doing anything as it is MY life. do you think i am 17yrs old for falling to ANY pressure anyway?! if i decide that this person is part of my life then whoever does NOT like it can fukc off from my life. end of discussion!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by theoldpretender(m): 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2019
dancewith:
This is why sex after marriage is advocated. In situations like these they can still marry as long as the love is there. With treatment U= U. Undetectable equals untransmitable . Once her virus becomes undetectable she wont be able to infect the husband
All in all, a tricky situation

I am an advocate of sex after marriage myself...I've seen too many STI's in my practice.

BUT...HIV isn't just spread by sex.

I once treated a lab staff who was positive...a medical lab staff...who might have gotten infected from handling infected material. (I say might).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by madridsta007(m): 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

Well, to sum up...nowadays, an AS and AS can have all AA via IVF techniques.

My palaver is that if we do that for every AS couple...we may eliminate the HBS gene...which may have some unknown implications for humanity's genetic future...and no I'm not joking.

Still doesn't answer my question.
Why complicate ones life on purpose?

I know a couple who chose to get married despite a partner being AS and the other AS. Well, somehow, they have an SS kid and, believe me, they are going through the most harrowing and regretful of times based on the kid's health. And theirs. This simply could have been avoided if they had listened to wise counsel and married a different person— AAs.

All these could be avoided if we go back to my "logic" argument. Unless people have a morbid, deranged affection for self-complication of ones life.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Ukfootballplus(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
Bro if you've nacked that kpekus raw.... continue crying..... but if not wipe your tears

This matter na strong thing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
This is why its advisable to be faithful,stick to one partner and always use condom . If u have multiple sideboyfriends that u nack by the side with ur main guy or fiancee and u now contact hiv na wetin u gain.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
The guy isn't a doctor. OP stop lying

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mike008:

Both of them were tested. The man turned out negative probably.
Am beginning to think the chances of a woman contracting HIV through sex is higher than females.
I heard similar stories of a men testing negative whereas their partners tested positive.

Not true. Some people are naturally immune to HIV infection but that's one out of 100 people. Abstinence remains key. A wife had accompanied her husband to a clinic for treatment after he tested positive and wife negative

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by mmadu5(m): 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
It's Better YOU HAVE HIV Than Cancer

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by andyanders: 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
They should go to another hospital to reconfirm the text. No doctor can post this that he cried over a result of HIV text like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
Kaptainemeka:
Lmaogrin...This is funny. I don calm down already.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by nicepoker101(m): 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2019
Michelle55:
cry Awwwn, that's so sad. The possibility of the marriage taking place is still there that's if the groom is willing to continue. Being HIV + is not the end of one's life.
because it's the bride Abi. Come and edit this you comment.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Justbeingreal(m): 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
handsomeyinka:

This your grammar sef fit give person HIV.
iF u don't understand what I'm tryna say.. Then move along..
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Justbeingreal(m): 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mike008:

Both of them were tested. The man turned out negative probably.
Am beginning to think the chances of a woman contracting HIV through sex is higher than females.
I heard similar stories of a men testing negative whereas their partners tested positive.

Women are prone to infection their private is very expose unlike men..
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Donjazzy12(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
oluchisimfred:
A doctor who took to Twitter to stress the need for a medical test, disclosed that a Nigerian bride who came in for her test with her husband just found out she is HIV positive with just one week to their wedding. 

The doctor who revealed that the Nigerian bride just found out she is HIV positive with just one week to their wedding, added that the test left him in tears and he can't stop crying. He wrote on Twitter; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/26/nigerian-bride-finds-out-she-is-hiv-positive-one-week-to-wedding/

She has been cheating and knacking behind the man, the guy should dump the evil female bitch before she infects him!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Michelle55: 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
nicepoker101:
because it's the bride Abi. Come and edit this you comment.
Maka why?

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by nicepoker101(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Michelle55:

Maka why?
order from above.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by bullabong(m): 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2019
Easier said. If its you that found out a man is Hiv+,will you continue ?
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Michelle55: 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
nicepoker101:
order from above.
Indeed.. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by mechanics(m): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2019
wow, so touching.
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by Gsteve01(m): 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2019
Nawa o. This one just weak me. shocked
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by engrelvis(m): 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
Michelle55:
cry Awwwn, that's so sad. The possibility of the marriage taking place is still there that's if the groom is willing to continue. Being HIV + is not the end of one's life.
a lot of our married men v HIV because of constant "away matches". Is their wives I pity .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by gadzama01: 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
they should continue with their marriage God will help them
Re: Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding by GMbuharii: 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
well, they can still get married and have a wonderful life together (they will just have to be very careful)...

You can try,go and marry her..Yen Yen Yen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Yanks Off Girlfriend’s Wig At A Party Because Different Guys Talked To Her / Beautiful Military Couple's Pre-Wedding Photos / Young Lady Writes To All The Fine Boys In Her Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.