Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530802 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yinksob002: 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
Okay.
MrsBee:

The only date that came up was Jan 2020, hoping to get a closer date so I just let that go.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
abeniagbon:

advertising for US embassy, when last do you see transcript been drop here. check Canada tread always bubbling with of visa approval

How? What do you mean by advertising? people are getting U.S Visa steady especially this summer because no one is posting here does not mean U.S embassy is not issuing visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Blisz2:
Any idea guys?

There's nothing you can do, pray and wait for earlier date or attend the next event.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
Blisz2:
Any idea guys?

Questions like this have already been answered before. Bottom line: not much you can do. You'll have to keep checking if an earlier appointment date pops up or if you have an alternative means of getting an earlier date.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ade84ty: 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
yinksob002:
Have you been able to schedule an appointment yet?

Mine still shows blank each time i log on to pick a date. Pls revert.

Thank you.
not yet, still blank here too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pleasureosondu(m): 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2019
Please i have question.

Is it possible for the VO to ask for a previous passport?

My previous passport has a name which was spelt incorrectly, so i never used it via travel. Recently, i applied to NIS for the correction of that name. I was asked to submit that passport along with other docs. They gave me a new one but never returned the old one. Now, this begets the question above and i did appreciate any constructive criticism.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
pleasureosondu:
Please i have question.

Is it possible for the VO to ask for a previous passport?

My previous passport has a name which was spelt incorrectly, so i never used it via travel. Recently, i applied to NIS for the correction of that name. I was asked to submit that passport along with other docs. They gave me a new one but never returned the old one. Now, this begets the question above and i did appreciate any constructive criticism.

Since you have no travel history on it then it's useless...

VO wont ask for it

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emily111: 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hello good evening I hope we all had a wonderful weekend,

Please house my interview is coming up this coming week and I’m a first time applicant I have previously traveled to United Arabia emirate last year August and spent 1 month and one week please house I don’t know if this would affect my application due to the long stay in UAE it just a visit.

And also I might not use the US visa because I have a job offer from the UK which have done the medical last month and waiting for the reply on when to move to the UK I have all document to prove that and it all genuine I don’t know if I mention this at my interview it would boost my chance.

I would so much appreciate all replies to this.

Uncle seyiwest And co.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
If you have a valid and candid explanation for your relatively long stay in UAE, you should have no problem. Yes, be sure to let the VO know you have a job in the UK and will be relocating there soon; you're visiting the U.S for vacation pending when you can move to the UK. Say it in a way that assures the VO you will need to return to Nigeria to make necessary arrangements for your relocation to the UK. I however wouldn't mention to VO that there's a possibility of not using the visa if it is granted.

emily111:
Hello good evening I hope we all had a wonderful weekend,

Please house my interview is coming up this coming week and I’m a first time applicant I have previously traveled to United Arabia emirate last year August and spent 1 month and one week please house I don’t know if this would affect my application due to the long stay in UAE it just a visit.

And also I might not use the US visa because I have a job offer from the UK which have done the medical last month and waiting for the reply on when to move to the UK I have all document to prove that and it all genuine I don’t know if I mention this at my interview it would boost my chance.

I would so much appreciate all replies to this.

Uncle seyiwest And co.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Alex67111: 7:49am On Aug 26, 2019
LadyGuinivere:
The ministry is growing! Bigger! Better! Stronger!

Welcome to part 4 of this thread. Old things must pass away, and new things take effect!n (Although the info in Parts 1, 2 and 3 remain priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.Part 2 was wonderful. Lots of lovely people offering great advice. Each in their own unique style. You guys rock!!! You know yourselves.

For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

See part 2 here for reference https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

For part 3

https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3/507#77029195

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

Note:The steps for the whole process is set out step by step. For your own good, adhere. If not, a possibility exists that the final ds 160 number will be different from the one used to book the appointment . Applicants in those situations will neither be allowed to enter the embassy nor will they be interviewed.
In the event of such an occurence, kindly call/email the embassy to sort it out .

Peraventure you wish to change a detail in an already submitted ds 160, fill a new one, submit and call/email the embassy

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html

For video interviews with actual VOs on frequently asked Questions
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/180#47174473

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/s/%23AsktheVOs

For documents : http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

For sample transcripts of some interviews (as posted by the users of this thread) Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/download/4692218

Finally, Lying on your ds 160 or during the interview is misrepresentation and a crime. This thread's aim is not to teach / coach applicants on how to lie. The truth is ALWAYS the best course of action no matter the situation. Please DO NOT ask about how to misrepresent on this thread.

I'm grateful to God that I am alive to create this new part. And for the several friends I have made hereon.

Thank you.
Humbly
LadyGuinivere

Hello Ma!!

Please i need help on how to book an appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Alex67111: 7:51am On Aug 26, 2019
Chukwuka16:
Many thanks to folks on this platform. You give alot of information freely. Only God will reward you guys. My recent Visa renewal was a little harder than before. It will shock folks to know that it was my CV that bailed me out. Funny enough when my colleagues went next day for theirs (3 married and 1 unmarried) their interviews were mere formality. Like oh you are married and is he also going with you to the workshop. I realised that the Visa officer matters and one should just be calm answering questions. Visa interview was around February and location was London

VO: hello
Me: good morning (can't remember if I handed passport or it was already collected).
VO: what are you going to the us for?
Me: to attend xyz workshop.
VO: are you a student here?
Me: No. I work as an academic.
VO: are you going to work there?
Me: No.
VO: why are you attending this workshop?
Me: to develop capacity in abc and lead research in that area for my lab.
VO: why are you attending this workshop?
Me: repeats answer with a little explanation.
VO: not satisfied why you should attend this workshop.
VO: are you going to work there?
Me: no. I'm attending a workshop.
VO: are you presenting a paper there?
Me: No, it's a workshop with training sessions.
VO: do you have anything with you that shows the kind of work you do?
Me: just my CV.
VO: can I have it?
Me: presents CV
VO: oh you have a PhD in Computer Science. That's what I meant.
Me: I just shrug like I'm confused.
VO: your Visa has been approved. You will have your passport in Bleep days. Hands me a card with some info and I'm out.

3 years ago the interview was more seamless and the questions were not like this. Also, I could relate with the questions and not be a mind reader. Maybe because my sponsor then was an IOC compared to an HEI in this instance.

All in all I thank God for favour that day.

Please i need help on how to book an appointment for my interview
Please kindly help me with the procedures...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emily111: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2019
wuki:
If you have a valid and candid explanation for your relatively long stay in UAE, you should have no problem. Yes, be sure to let the VO know you have a job in the UK and will be relocating there soon; you're visiting the U.S for vacation pending when you can move to the UK. Say it in a way that assures the VO you will need to return to Nigeria to make necessary arrangements for your relocation to the UK. I however wouldn't mention to VO that there's a possibility of not using the visa if it is granted.

Thank you so much for the advice may God bless you also
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Neile: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2019
I was the one who gave feedback on my dropbox experience. I also got married after my previous visa was issued and had a new passport due to a change of name and I was still issued a visa via dropbox. Again, this may be because I didn't use the previous visa and I travel frequently. My previous visa was also stamped "cancelled without prejudice".
Zika01:

Pls was your previous visa cancelled?
Just picked up my passport after 3 months of waiting and noticed my previous visa which is already expired was “cancelled without prejudice”
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oyinkansola1(f): 9:34am On Aug 26, 2019
Good morning friends, have been a silent reading for a while, I applied for the US tourist visa, and my interview date is getting closer, am navors on what the VO might ask, I also don't have any travel history. Please help a sister. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dare834: 11:56am On Aug 26, 2019
Please I'm aware that if you are in the process with Canada Immigration don't bother wasting your time with the US Visa , you will be denied. All my friends who were denied had a profile already with Canada( maybe coincidence )

I have my WES( certificate evaluation) with Canada Immigration but I have not created a profile,that's the only contact .

Do you think Canada immigration already has my name on their records?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hotstfz007: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2019
Scheduled for interview after Dropbox was cancelled
My appointment was for 8am August 23rd
Lagos
I only saw VERY FEW white paper being given.

Window 2. Young pleasant American guy
My transcript
Vo: (with smiles) good morning
Me: good morning (smiles)
Vo: why do you want to go to the United States
Me: visiting family
Vo: which of your family are in the United States
Me: parents and siblings
Vo: how long have they been there
Me: told him
Vo: did your sister petition for your parents
Me: yes
Vo: did she petition for you?
Me: no. I don’t have any plans relocating.
Vo: when ever you travel do you just remain in Chicago or you visit other places
Me: I visit a lot of states. My last trip I was on a Carribean cruise from Florida
Vo: wow nice. What islands did you visit
Me: St kitts , Antigua and Barbados
Vo: very nice, have you travelled anywhere apart from the US?
Me: a couple of places. Uk, france, Thailand, Italy, Rome, Spain, Singapore, china, Hong Kong, Dubai, Ghana, Brazil, South Africa....
Vo: that more than a couple(laughs)for business or pleasure?
Me: (smiles) both. Asia for business the rest pleasure.
Vo: how many staff do you have working for you.
Vo: ok I would be approving your visa, hands white paper. Pick it up from......
Me: thank you.

19 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
Good Afternoon friends, my family have 2yrs tourist visas which is expiring without being used, due to a new born baby and some other reasons.
My questions are these pls:
1. We not using the visas, does it negates our renewal or another application.
2. Can we renew through Dropbox or applying afresh.
Pls your responses are needed, Seye and other well-informed friends...
Thanks pls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
Safetysmile:
Good Afternoon friends, my family have 2yrs tourist visas which is expiring without being used, due to a new born baby and some other reasons.
Thanks pls.

Drop box has been cancelled so you need to book an appointment. Not using a visa is not a reason for refusal. I know someone that didn't use theirs 3X. Lol
With valid reasons tho.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2019
wuki:

Seconded and I'm not sure they will noticed your long stay in UAE, if you have a good reason for staying in UAE for that long please say so.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hotstfz007:
Scheduled for interview after Dropbox was cancelled
My appointment was for 8am August 23rd
Lagos
I only saw VERY FEW white paper being given.

Window 2. Young pleasant American guy
My transcript
Me: a couple of places. Uk, france, Thailand, Italy, Rome, Spain, Singapore, china, Hong Kong, Dubai, Ghana, Brazil, South Africa....
Vo: that more than a couple(laughs)for business or pleasure?
Me: (smiles) both. Asia for business the rest pleasure.
Vo: how many staff do you have working for you.
Vo: ok I would be approving your visa, hands white paper. Pick it up from......
Me: thank you.

Nice one, enjoy your RTW trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2019
Safetysmile:
Thanks pls.

Not using your visa does not mean you won't be issue one, just have a good reason for not using it.
Dropbox has been cancelled so you will have to appear at the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mizwisdom(f): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
To get Visa has become a wilderness experience involving marathon prayers, fasting, planning, preparing, setting of goals, you can add yours, just because of how desperate some people are, making things more difficult than ever.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
Mizwisdom:
To get Visa has become a wilderness experience involving marathon prayers, fasting, planning, preparing, setting of goals, you can add yours, just because of how desperate some people are, making things more difficult than ever.

To be honest, I think if you have enough ties you won't need to do those things, take a look at @Hotstfz007 transcript he does not need to fast to get the visa because his ''ties'' is sufficient enough.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2019
seyewest:

To be honest, I think if you have enough ties you won't need to do those things, take a look at @Hotstfz007 transcript he does not need to fast to get the visa because his ''ties'' is sufficient enough.

Huh?...what strong ties did Hotstfz007 mentioned he/she has in Nigeria?

Most of his/her family ties actually lives in the US...his/her parents and siblings.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2019
seyewest:

Not using your visa does not mean you won't be issue one, just have a good reason for not using it.
Dropbox has been cancelled so you will have to appear at the embassy.

Thanks Seyewest
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emily111: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
seyewest:

Seconded and I'm not sure they will noticed your long stay in UAE, if you have a good reason for staying in UAE for that long please say so.

wuki:

@my oga Honorable seyewest and my oga Honorable Wuki.

i stayed long in UAE because i saw a job offer first week i got there by friend, and i was ask to work for some months to see how eligible and professional i'm for the job, just like a probation but with the way i saw things over there i just have to return home after spending 1 month and 1 week, that is nothing but the truth. and that was last year august. i have to come back home to my previous job, after i came back a friend in the US invited me and sent me an invitation letter since April but the appointment i got was august, during the wait time for interview i got reply from this UK navy commonwealth recruitment, im sure many heared about it, i applied and i was selected for the next stage which i was asked to send all my credentials and other police character and so on, i did and i later received my medical form which i did my medical and and sent to them, i received a email from them that my medical as been received and i will be contacted on when to come over to the Uk who knows how fast it may be, that why i cant make the trip to the US for now because i have to save for the moving process to the UK. although i have all documents from the navy with me and my career officer assigned to me by the UK Navy contact and address.

please my oga's in the house hope this will fly with my application. and help me in my interview.. this as been disturbing for me because i applied already before all this UK matter pure out.

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ajailer(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2019
with all these bad repping from our guys in Yankee, can a green card still work out??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sirgigs: 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
Dare834:
Please I'm aware that if you are in the process with Canada Immigration don't bother wasting your time with the US Visa , you will be denied. All my friends who were denied had a profile already with Canada( maybe coincidence )

I have my WES( certificate evaluation) with Canada Immigration but I have not created a profile,that's the only contact .

Do you think Canada immigration already has my name on their records?

This is not true!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Huh?...what strong ties did Hotstfz007 mentioned he/she has in Nigeria?

Most of his/her family ties actually lives in the US...his/her parents and siblings.

Business and family(Immediate family) is in Nigeria, he has a very good quality travel history. What else do you need?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
emily111:

@my oga Honorable seyewest and my oga Honorable Wuki.

i stayed long in UAE because i saw a job offer first week i got there by friend, and i was ask to work for some months to see how eligible and professional i'm for the job, just like a probation but with the way i saw things over there i just have to return home after spending 1 month and 1 week, that is nothing but the truth. and that was last year august. i have to come back home to my previous job, after i came back a friend in the US invited me and sent me an invitation letter since April but the appointment i got was august, during the wait time for interview i got reply from this UK navy commonwealth recruitment, im sure many heared about it, i applied and i was selected for the next stage which i was asked to send all my credentials and other police character and so on, i did and i later received my medical form which i did my medical and and sent to them, i received a email from them that my medical as been received and i will be contacted on when to come over to the Uk who knows how fast it may be, that why i cant make the trip to the US for now because i have to save for the moving process to the UK. although i have all documents from the navy with me and my career officer assigned to me by the UK Navy contact and address.

please my oga's in the house hope this will fly with my application. and help me in my interview.. this as been disturbing for me because i applied already before all this UK matter pure out.

thanks
You mean you travel to Dubai on a tourist visa and was able to work with that visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emily111: 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
seyewest:

You mean you travel to Dubai on a tourist visa and was able to work with that visa?

yes sir, it allowed in UAE to work on visit visa and if the company love your job skill and you also want to stay you, they process resident and working visa for you. that 2 years and it done like that in UAE for years

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.