Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537304 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
TCann:

Bro, a haha...take a chill (inferiority complex bawo shocked) The statement was just in a manner of saying generally...not meant to bash you...or refer to any specific statement from you.
In retrospect, I could have put "XYZ said", my bad. Apologies Justwise.

@OmoBendel, my post was just triggered by what I read earlier in your post and not necessarily in specifics, addressing your post. Apologies to you too.

Bottom line, that someone may be educated...and Justwise may weigh his opinion in too. We are all learning.

Cheers.
Okay, now we are clear. But then, much as travel history ain't an almighty must-have for visa applications, some applications need it lots, especially the kind we are dealing with now as regards Murphy's case, it sure will help this type, I mean QUALITY and even vast travel history. No offence taken! I could deduce you mentioned justwise probably to represent 'us' nairalanders so to speak too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by murphy29: 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Your travel purpose scores low here, really. Unfold your pay/salary part (okay, seen now, good too), and again I ask, "Aside the travel history thing touched, what in your adjudication has changed since your last interview at the embassy?"
Nothing change
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
murphy29:

Nothing change

Work on your travel purpose/reason for travel next time, and surely, go get yourself some QUALITY and yes even quantity travel history if you can afford such bruv, constructively oh, it will help your case. No kid added yet too? Tie yourself back home more and show by your subsequent travels there isn't really a big deal travelling abroad and going back home over the years. Don't even rush it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:59am On Jul 03, 2016
murphy29:

Nothing change
Kindly go back and read the advice on the paper given to you when you were refused. Or is there any other possible advice you are expecting?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:06am On Jul 03, 2016
TCann:

Abeg, people should stop this funny trend of "you were denied because you have no travel history". For a fact, nobody gets denied a visa (especially UK or US) strictly or narrowly for not having travelled out before.

I read this thing on several fora and it makes me laugh...how people gets misguided to start chasing south African, Ghana or Dubai visas to "disvigin" their "pali" (ie passport) so as to stand a better chance when applying for UK or US.

I stand to be corrected, but from my practical information, good people, there is nothing as such...with your freshly minted passport acquired last week, painstakingly fulfilling 95% of visa conditions, without having travelled out of naija before, you can most definitely get your UK or US. I'm cock sure about this.

People should dismystify this visa procedure thingy and don't make it always look like it's based on some funny myths...Majorly by researching the procedure deeply and personally, we can achieve a position of less of what "Justwise said" and more of "discovered facts backed by immigration rules and regulations"....every material needed is available on the internet.

I hear all sorts even from people that are supposed to know(outside NL o), they will say "you want to waste your money abi?" I laugh them off (because I know what I ve researched deeply into even immigration regulations) and everytime, I get my visa and that of my family anyways.

Success to us all and those of us not travelling this year too. Lolz.

Travel history whilst not a compulsory factor to get a visa, still remains a factor.
Even in the 'refusal paper' it is mentioned as an example of stuff they hve regards to in establishing ties. Yes, it would be wrong to say ' no prior history of travel equals no us visa'
But it is also wrong to say travel history is not a factor in consideration at all at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:10am On Jul 03, 2016
murphy29:

Yup my sister was in the us since 12years trough lottery now married I was going to meet her so sign an official document of our late dad

And she was too busy as a nurse to come to naija
Am 29yrs off age wen I applied and I earn bout 260k monthly

You can dhl the official document to her for her to sign and she can DHL it back...

So you see, you need to have a stronger purpose of trip.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DimmyCho(m): 7:20am On Jul 03, 2016
gullity:
Greetings here

Am Tobi, kindly see my profile

1. Born and bred in Nigeria

2. Dad moved to US after my birth about 40 years.

3. Dad marries US citizen with 2 kids ( Son 31 years, Daughter 28 years)

4. I met Dad once in 1995, last time I know he came around.

5. I applied once, Year 2002/2003. Interview date clashed with NYSC call-up, so I missed the appointment date.

6. With social media etc, we communicate now almost every week. with step-mom and siblings any time we cross path on social media. Siblings was in Ghana 2000 + 2002, I visited them. Then Step-mom and sister came 2 years ago for vacation in Nigeria.

7. Am working, earning 600+k.

8. Still Single.

9. Dad health is one concern and also I want to go for vacation.

10. I will surely come back after a month stay, and it will also open opportunity to travel when I wish to.

11. Had traveled to Dubai and Ghana.

Will appreciate your honest responses.

Many thanks.

Give it a shot.. God bless u..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by murphy29: 7:46am On Jul 03, 2016
Thanks everybody for your wonderful and helpful info and advice

Pls can you tell me accordinq to una senior experience examples of tangible purpose to visit the united states as it was my dream to visit even if it ll be once in a lifetime

Note; - am not absconding just to visit and return back to naija

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:56am On Jul 03, 2016
murphy29:

Pls can you tell me accordinq to una senior experience examples of tangible purpose to visit the united states as it was my dream to visit even if it ll be once in a lifetime

Thanks.
Nobody can give u a 'tangible reason' to travel. That's not the purpose of the thread. Only agents and fraudsters cook up 'tangible sounding' reasons.
If its your dream, there! That's your reason for travel

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2016
murphy29:

Thanks.

Just to see New York

Just to see Hollywood

Play poker in Las Vegas

Business meeting with Investors
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
tofunmi222:
hello everyone. new on this trend.
i have been to the usa twice, first with hubby, next visit alone cos of tight husband schedule. now i wanna take my kids for the next vacation but without hubby cos he is always busy and wouldnt be available to travel with us. want to apply for visa for my kids for a 2 weeks vacation sometime next year. need your advise pls. Are my good to go. i am scared cos i read the post of a lady whose baby was denied visa. will give it a trial though but i need your advise and suggestions. children are 8yrs, 6yrs and 2 years and all girs. work in a reputable organisation and very well placed. will be having my dropbox bfore applying for the kids.
await your responses pls
Hope your initial visa application is clean and agent free. If it is then you have nothing to worry about. They hardly deny kids as long as their parents story is clean.

Fill their ds forms, in travel companions put your whole family even if hubby isn't going this time around, still include him as a companion as you guys may decide to have a family vacation.

Let your kids have an idea of where you're taking them to example is we are going to Disney world florida for 2 weeks etc.

For my kids, I didn't go with bank statements et all but you may go with yours if it will make you feel better.

At the interview, the VO took my passport and typed for a long time saying that he likes the fact I was honest in my initial application and just asked my kids their ages and that was all.

All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
murphy29:

Thanks.
Go and see snow.... grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
Which question can likely be asked from friend. He has an interview at the US embassy July 7th
CC ladyguinivere justwise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
Faba:
Which question can likely be asked from friend.
He has an interview at the US embassy July 7th

CC ladyguinivere
justwise
Tell Friend he has more than ample time to read the transcripts here. Or you can read them and tell him.
The questions in the transcripts are the likely questions

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Tell Friend he has more than ample time to read the transcripts here. Or you can read them and tell him.
The questions in the transcripts are the likely questions
The link to the transcript..
Couz I didn't see u put any questions there tnx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
Faba:

The link to the transcript..
Couz I didn't see u put any questions there tnx
Hm. Ok lemme break it down.
This is not an expo giving forum. By transcripts i meant what people have posted about their interviews. Scroll back. And read

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hm. Ok lemme break it down.
This is not an expo giving forum. By transcripts i meant what people have posted about their interviews. Scroll back. And read
Thnz anyways I never asked for an expo either. I only asked for likely questions that can be asked and format. Tnx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by scapopo1: 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
Good day house,I am a new comer on ds trend .Pls I need to knw d available date for U.S. interview in d month of August 2016.thank u house
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by simababe(f): 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
Faba:

Thnz anyways I never asked for an expo either. I only asked for likely questions that can be asked and format. Tnx

Guy just read back, it won't cost you an arm or better still use the search bar.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
scapopo1:
Good day house,I am a new comer on ds trend .Pls I need to knw d available date for U.S. interview in d month of August 2016.thank u house
I believe you can get that on www.http://cgifederal.force.com/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 04, 2016
omolade21:
Hi everyone and i salute everyone working tirelessly for this thread. May the good Lord bless u abundantly.
Pls I have an interview for next week Tuesday and my question is, is it compulsory to print the ds160 form as I couldn't print the day I filled it but I ve my appointment confirmation and how is my chance as my age is 23 and work as a PA for my coy Chairman with 405,508 pay monthly, this is my first vacation without prior travelling history. Looking towards a positive response. Thanks
PA...405,508....#fearGod...that's all I just gonna say.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tofunmi222: 1:12am On Jul 04, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Hope your initial visa application is clean and agent free. If it is then you have nothing to worry about. They hardly deny kids as long as their parents story is clean.

Fill their ds forms, in travel companions put your whole family even if hubby isn't going this time around, still include him as a companion as you guys may decide to have a family vacation.

Let your kids have an idea of where you're taking them to example is we are going to Disney world florida for 2 weeks etc.

For my kids, I didn't go with bank statements et all but you may go with yours if it will make you feel better.

At the interview, the VO took my passport and typed for a long time saying that he likes the fact I was honest in my initial application and just asked my kids their ages and that was all.

All the best.

thanks a lot. i dont patronise touts and we filled our forms ourselves with our correct and right informations. can u kindly explain what you meant by story? gave my profile as accurate as it was then.
thanks a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tofunmi222: 1:41am On Jul 04, 2016

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:27am On Jul 04, 2016
tofunmi222:
pls this is a must watch.

https://www.facebook.com/usembassynigeria/videos/vb.29206219873/10154304515489874/?type=2&theater
Yes indeed . It answrs all the FAQs.
I'll put the link on page 1. Thank u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hynex79(m): 7:54am On Jul 04, 2016
Hello house ,my cousin has an interview appointment on Wednesday -the 6th of next month, but we just learnt that the federal government declared 5th and 6th public holidays;i just want to know if it'll still hold,if not,what do we do/how do we reschedule. .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2016
hynex79:
Hello house ,my cousin has an interview appointment on Wednesday -the 6th of next month, but we just learnt that the federal government declared 5th and 6th public holidays;i just want to know if it'll still hold,if not,what do we do/how do we reschedule. .

Unless the consulate reaches you with a change in this direction Interview date remains valid. Further instructions and directions will be given to you going forward by them if such change of date happens! Relax
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes indeed . It answrs all the FAQs.
I'll put the link on page 1. Thank u

Iron LadyGuinivere, tuale from my end Sis! Going through the video reiterates again and deeply as before your qualification as of today to be a VO in B1/B2 visa application matters! Giving it up once more for you and Tzetzefly particularly and maybe a few others, Una bam wella! We dey follow closely. God bless!

The link to that google hangout video nko? You no add am abi that one Na too much liberality? Anything to just help these folks sha, that is if they will ever agree to invest some time. Just one good way to spoon-feed our people, I think.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 04, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Iron LadyGuinivere, tuale from my end Sis! Going through the video reiterates again and deeply as before your qualification as of today to be a VO in B1/B2 visa application matters! Giving it up once more for you and Tzetzefly particularly and maybe a few others, Una bam wella! We dey follow closely. God

The link to that google hangout video nko? You no add am abi that one Na too much liberality? Anything to just help these folks sha, that is if they will ever agree to invest some time. Just one good way to spoon-feed our people, I think.

LadyG Na 3star general but no be she bring the link oh. It was tofunmi
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hynex79(m): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Unless the consulate reaches you with a change in this direction Interview date remains valid. Further instructions and directions will be given to you going forward by them if such change of date happens! Relax
Tnks bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
nefertitiram:

Just to see New York

Just to see Hollywood

Play poker in Las Vegas

Business meeting with Investors

Even ''visiting my sister'' might be all you need please read part 1 of this thread for pleeenty transcripts

Mumy Pink all the way from Swiss alps, I see you grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
salsera:

LadyG Na 3star general but no be she bring the link oh. It was tofunmi
What?! I just threw away my full pot of afang soup in anger? Me? Tiri star general? !
Please I am a 5 star General!!! cheesy
Correct yasef before I throw away my stew poot now! tongue

@oomobendel I don't know the oone you are talkin about. Please bring the link?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

What?! I just threw away my full pot of afang soup in anger? Me? Tiri star general? !
Please I am a 5 star General!!! cheesy
Correct yasef before I throw away my stew poot now! tongue

@oomobendel I don't know the oone you are talkin about. Please bring the link?
Attention @LadyGuinivere; kindly modify this link at the first page as amended, thanks.

For B1/B2 especially, check
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUq5yqK2ylY

Good afternoon and salute to you once more

1 Like 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.