Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,762 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529276 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2019
hapheey007:
So, I and hubby went for our interview on Nov 5th.

Here is our transcript.

V.O : Good Morning
Hubby and I: Good Morning

V.O : Why are you going to the U.S
Hubby: Vacation and honeymoon

Hubby and I: Thanks

Thanks for sharing your transcript.
Sorry the visa wasn't approved.
If you don't mind, I want to opine that the job profile was what didn't resonate with the VO.
Congrats on your marriage also!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 10:47am On Nov 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

You're right!

Just searched for the report too and saw it.

Either way, that is a lot of Nigerians that overstayed their US visiting visas.

Hmmm...Not good though. It's why the US visa approval rates for Nigerians has become so limited this year.

It's really sad how so many Nigerians keep violating laws round the world, giving the good ones bad names.

However, Nigerians aren't the only culprits. Russians, Asians, Indians etc all do these but ours has to be so pronounced. Anyways, I advise people took their vacations/holiday trips to other countries, it mustn't be USA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2019
overlord77:

It's really sad how so many Nigerians keep violating laws round the world, giving the good ones bad names.

However, Nigerians aren't the only culprits. Russians, Asians, Indians etc all do these but ours has to be so pronounced. Anyways, I advise people took their vacations/holiday trips to other countries, it mustn't be USA.
in my best opinion if USA want people to come in legally and not thru b1/b2 they should ease their immigration a little bit, because right now there is no legal way to migrate to d state except for education..
I know some people who wish to come back home to see their dam but they can't them scared of deportation that why the misuse of b1/b2 is common
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uriel12: 11:07am On Nov 10, 2019
HRprof:
intending immigrant sported
you are not going anywhere

You mean me sir?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 11:31am On Nov 10, 2019
In my opinion, Nigerian university is not a tie. Many have left and many will still leave. Your family being in Nigeria is definitely not a tie, except they all depend on you for sustenance aka you earn hundreds of thousands monthly. Your parents as you noted were also denied at some point despite having children in Nigeria. Questions you should ask yourself is How did your Aunt travel to the US? You are young, use this period and build your travel history, Canada denied you and the excuse of having family only in the US did not stop you from trying Canada. Visit other countries, live a little and give the US embassy a break until you have solid ties.
Uriel12:

As for the strong ties sir/ma, my whole family resides her in Nigeria, only one person resides in the US, and she's not even an immediate relative

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 11:54am On Nov 10, 2019
He means you and for good reasons too. First you said you want to go on two weeks holiday, then elsewhere you are asking for schools that give admission without SAT. Aspiring to study in the US is not a bad thing, put in the work, write your SAT etc. Coming to this thread with plenty conflicting stories and looking for people to validate your illegal migrant intentions does nothing but derails this thread.

Uriel12:

You mean me sir?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
Spanishmilf:
in my best opinion if USA want people to come in legally and not thru b1/b2 they should ease their immigration a little bit, because right now there is no legal way to migrate to d state except for education..
I know some people who wish to come back home to see their dam but they can't them scared of deportation that why the misuse of b1/b2 is common

nawa oooo, why will U.S do that? to please who exactly?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
groovychik:
He means you and for good reasons too. First you said you want to go on two weeks holiday, then elsewhere you are asking for schools that give admission without SAT. Aspiring to study in the US is not a bad thing, put in the work, write your SAT etc. Coming to this thread with plenty conflicting stories and looking for people to validate your illegal migrant intentions does nothing but details this thread.

Abi oooo, it's so glaring his intention is to misuse the visa, get stronger ties.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uriel12: 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
groovychik:
In my opinion, Nigerian university is not a tie. Many have left and many will still leave. Your family being in Nigeria is definitely not a tie, except they all depend on you for sustenance aka you earn hundreds of thousands monthly. Your parents as you noted were also denied at some point despite having children in Nigeria. Questions you should ask yourself is How did your Aunt travel to the US? You are young, use this period and build your travel history, Canada denied you and the excuse of having family only in the US did not stop you from trying Canada. Visit other countries, live a little and give the US embassy a break until you have solid ties.

Alright sir!
Thank you very much!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
seyewest:

nawa oooo, [/b]why will U.S do that?[b] to please who exactly?
More reason why tourist visa will be misused... The UK Canada nd German have many ways to migrate legally and the rate at which people misuse their visa is low.. If the US can adapt their system this will reduce the misuse of visa
Many of our uncles wey dey yankee na b1/b2 dem use japa those days when visa no hard
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uriel12: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
But I understand you sir.
And I accept your advice.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uriel12: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
The fault is mine tho, and I blame no one.
Na me no explain well.
Nairaland used to be more friendly tho.
undecided undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
Uriel12:

Sir, my intention is not to misuse anything here. You don't even know me sir. I perfectly understand what happens to others when the misuse increases in a country.
I'm young, not stupid. Assuming I wanted to misuse it, I would never have come for help. I've been on a clean slate since I joined this thread. If I wanted to misuse any visa, I could always re apply to Canada. Even this one, no be me one bill am, na why.
Where I wan see money?
I will na leave my mum?
Pesin wey don suffer ontop my head?
Be like say u no sabi my pupsi family. I will now leave her with them?

The fault is mine tho, and I blame no one.
Na me no explain well.
Nairaland used to be more friendly tho.
undecided undecided

Your write up says it all, it not until you use hand to type it before we understand u may not misuse it now but who knows...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uriel12: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Your write up says it all, it not until you use hand to type it before we understand u may not misuse it now but who knows...
I understand sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
Uriel12:

sir.

I am not passing judgment on you, but beyond any reasonable doubt, you intend, with the connivance of your Aunt in the USA to use the B1/B2 as an avenue to enter into the USA and violate the terms of the admission and or visa.
You have put forward many scenarios. You are all over other threads on NL, from Canada to Education to Student Visa.

As it's known on this thread, you will go ahead and apply for B1/B2 and default on the terms of the visa.

But NOBODY here, including the ghost mode people, and those also trying to do same as you are trying to, will encourage you to abuse the B1/B2. They also will not stop you from applying for it.

A genuine visitor to USA only needs to fill DS160. Pay Visa Fees. Book appointment on USTravel and hold your Reciprocal Fees on the day of the interview.

Anything outside this is ***************

PS. I am not judging you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2019
hapheey007:
So, I and hubby went for our interview on Nov 5th.

Here is our transcript.

V.O : Good Morning
Hubby and I: Good Morning

V.O : Why are you going to the U.S
Hubby: Vacation and honeymoon

V.O : What will you be doing during your vacation
Hubby: Visiting ........ doing ......

V.O : How old is your marriage
Hubby: 6months

V.O : What do you do for a living
Hubby: Graphics Design

V.O : What do you do for a living
Me: I am an Education Officer

V.O : Any kids
Hubby and I: No

V.O : Any travel history
Hubby and I: No

V.O : Unfortunately, you do not qualify for a visa at this time, the yellow slip will explain further.
Hubby and I: Thanks

This profile wont fly at all.....
Dont bother reapplying anytime soon.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 11:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
oluayebenz:

This profile wont fly at all.....
Dont bother reapplying anytime soon.....

Think about it
Who does honeymoon after 6month
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Think about it
Who does honeymoon after 6month

People actually do it due to creating enough time and funds to save up for the honeymoon expenses.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

People actually do it due to creating enough time and funds to save up for the honeymoon expenses.
we learn everyday this is my first time reading this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Yep. You are very right.
After spending a war chest on a wedding and then renting a house to start out which cost a 2nd war chest, people bump honeymoon a lot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uriel12: 12:34am On Nov 11, 2019
But it's cool, na situation and presentation cause am. Plus you're probably talking from intuition and past knowledge so... This is not the first time I'm experiencing such tho. People misquote me ALOT grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by temmyannie: 1:10am On Nov 11, 2019
Good morning all please I will like to know if it is possible to change a scheduled interview in Lagos to abuja a date as been given but I want to change it to Abuja if I cancel the first interview and try to change it to Abuja will I have to pay another visa fee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by temmyannie: 1:13am On Nov 11, 2019
Another thing I will like to confirm is I was previously rejected as a self sponsor when the vo asked who is sponsoring my trip I said my self and how am I able to sponsor my self I said I saved up for it and he issued a rejection letter but now I am thinking of using my spouse or uncle I will be staying with for my short or should I just leave it at self still ? Please kindly help with a response thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by temmyannie: 1:14am On Nov 11, 2019
Another thing I will like to confirm is I was previously rejected as a self sponsor when the vo asked who is sponsoring my trip I said my self and how am I able to sponsor my self I said I saved up for it and he issued a rejection letter but now I am thinking of using my spouse or uncle I will be staying with for my short or should I just leave it at self still ? Please kindly help with a response thank you
temmyannie:
Good morning all please I will like to know if it is possible to change a scheduled interview in Lagos to abuja a date as been given but I want to change it to Abuja if I cancel the first interview and try to change it to Abuja will I have to pay another visa fee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by temmyannie: 1:59am On Nov 11, 2019
teeshawt:
Hello everyone, thanks for your contributions. I need to be enlightened regarding my application.

I change my interview location from lagos to Abuja..

having successfully change my interview location to Abuja, I still have the location I chose in my submitted ds 160 form to be Lagos center.

1. Do I need to modify the form as I have picked Abuja center. If yes does that mean I am filling another ds 160 form

2. The confirmation number on ds 160 form is what I have in my visa appointment... Can I still print the bar code confirmation page without modification for use in Abuja as I believe there should be a way to cross check data submitted within a geographical location without hassle.

3. While I chose Lagos center, there was option to tick B2 visa only, but not in Abuja center as there were only B1 and B1/B2 available so I opt for B1/B2...hope it is nothing to worry about.

In all please advise on what to do so there can be correlation between the lagos location I chosed when filling ds 160 form and Abuja interview location.

Best Regards.
please how did u change your location and did u have to pay another visa fee I want to change from Lagos to Abuja tho I have not submitted ds160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by temmyannie: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2019
temmyannie:
anybody with an answer please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
My advice to you as someone that has gone through that phase in life when we think we are smarter and we lie better than our elders, is to stop responding with epistles that end up putting more holes in your story. This is a faceless forum, no one knows the other. Only two people that comment here know me personally and we actually became friends from here. No one knows your "Dad's people". You do not owe any of us explanations. We have made our assumptions, you do not need to explain a million times to prove us wrong or right. As you get older, life will teach you to own things with your chest or to explain things to those who care about you and not strangers on Nairaland. If you have questions about visa process, feel free to ask, to Japa or not is between you and your people. Limit the things you post on the public sphere. VOs visit these threads and from all the plenty unnecessary information you have provided here, it will be easy to know who you are. Good luck with your studies and some day you will see all these posts and laugh. To your credit, I think you are very respectful and that's the only reason I am writing this. If my posts added to your conflict, I do apologise and I hope you learn how not to give a damn or you will spend your life explaining every action you take.
Uriel12:

I went to the Canada thread because of the "scamish" agent I afore mentioned.
If I do get a US visa in future, I will make sure I prove to you, grin that I'm not going to stay Sir.
I have used the internet, and it'd be stupid if I do that.
I no go US again, I have a life here, I'd continue it. Make my aunty hold her money.

You're not judging me?
Sir you've judged me o.
1) you've come to a conclusion that I'd apply for the visa
2) you've also flew into the conclusion that I'd misuse the visa, B2 for that matter.
3) You even went through the quotes so you'd have basis on what to judge me.

But it's cool, na situation and presentation cause am. Plus you're probably talking from intuition and past knowledge so... This is not the first time I'm experiencing such tho. People misquote me ALOT grin grin

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uriel12: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
groovychik:
My advice to you as someone that has gone through that phase in life when we think we are smarter and we lie better than our elders, is to stop responding with epistles that end up putting more holes in your story. This is a faceless forum, no one knows the other. Only two people that comment here know me personally and we actually became friends from here. No one knows your "Dad's people". You do not owe any of us explanations. We have made our assumptions, you do not need to explain a million times to prove us wrong or right. As you get older, life will teach you to own things with your chest or to explain things to those who care about you and not strangers on Nairaland. If you have questions about visa process, feel free to ask, to Japa or not is between you and your people. Limit the things you post on the public sphere. VOs visit these threads and from all the plenty unnecessary information you have provided here, it will be easy to know who you are. Good luck with your studies and some day you will see all these posts and laugh. To your credit, I think you are very respectful and that's the only reason I am writing this. If my posts added to your conflict, I do apologise and I hope you learn how not to give a damn or you will spend your life explaining every action you take.
Thank you sir/ma
I appreciate it! wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
@seyewest
do you still book tickets?
looking for deals on LOS -EWR

Tried with travelstart but i want to know the flight restrictions before i pay, cant seem to get through to their customer service agent on phone

Any info on travelstart?
I can dm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2019
Uriel12
This thread is for intending visitors to US requiring visit visa.

There is nobody here empowered to issue fiat on whether your visit visa application will be honored or not.

Due to the abuse of the visit visa system coupled with current US Govt position on immigrants, under this POTUS, there are some indicators that almost predict the outcome of an intending visit visa applicant.
From my limited and myopic opinion, you don't have these indicators lined up for you, hence my opinion as expressed previously.
I am not still not judging you, and wasn't earlier.
While at the Nigerian Independence Parade which held in NY in October, Nigerians there told me I was stupid because I was planning to return to Nigeria after my 3 weeks was up. This is us as a people, encouraging further abuse of this same system that got those people into the USA.

Your comments, questions, footprints and 'profile' points to this
As stated, this is a public anonymous forum. Your actions, your decisions. I didn't give you visa and reciprocity fees, so there is little influence I should have on your actions.
And you may be part of the 1% that actual VOs use to remind NL VOs who is king.
May is the operative word.

Fill your DS160, Pay your Visa Fees. Book interview on USTravel. Hold Reciprocity fees. Share your transcript. (Approved or Denied)
That's what this thread is about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EXLOVER(m): 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
Good day house i have some questions to ask.

1). What documents should i carry to embassy on the day of my interview?

2). Do anyone have an idea of the cheapest prize of hotels close the the US embassy?

3). If you are not given a visa, will they still collect the 40700?

4). Do they have restrictions on dressing at the embassy?

5). It's my first time what should i expect?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
EXLOVER:
Good day house i have some questions to ask.

1). What documents should i carry to embassy on the day of my interview?

Compulsory
Confirmation Slip.
Visa Fees Receipt
Passport

Advisable and optional.
Anything you feel will help out. Statement of Account. Invitation Letter. Office Letter. Etc etc

2). Do anyone have an idea of the cheapest prize of hotels close the the US embassy?

Lagos or Abuja?

3). If you are not given a visa, will they still collect the 40700?

No.

4). Do they have restrictions on dressing at the embassy?

Casual smart always a good idea
No restriction, but make sure you are comfortable. It will be a bit tedious, plenty standing, plenty waiting...

5). It's my first time what should i expect?

Read from page 1 of part 4
If you are like me, start from Page 1 of Part 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.