Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529501 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:01am On May 22, 2019
1984och:
Good day Sirs and Mas,

I am so happy to have stumbled on this thread. Though I was not able to go through from part 1 completely till part 4.
I have a very simple question and I'll like for our experienced brothers and sisters to assist me with answers.....especially madam LadyGuinivere.

I have a blood brother in the states. We are too close. He calls me like almost every day. He has 10 years permanent residence, which was given to him about 2 years ago. It's been over 10 years he left. Now he wants to invite me to the USA.
I read about D-160, B2 and all.

*What are the documents he would need to send to me aside from the invitation letter?*

*Any other info?*

Please kindly help me. God bless you all

Pls I need help. Someone should kindly help me out on this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:53am On May 22, 2019
1984och:

Pls I need help. Someone should kindly help me out on this

First of all what is your travel history like? What are your ties to Nigeria? Are u married? Do u have kids? Do u have a good job? These are the most important factors
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:01am On May 22, 2019
TWoods:

It is not clear to me why Nigerians give themselves such headaches by refusing to be honest at the first time of asking... the question on the visa form asks if you have any immediate family members in the US. It is a Yes/No question... so claiming that you forgot to add your sibling means you answered "no", which is clearly a misrepresentation. You are asked to state if you have family in the US, not family that you are on speaking terms with. You've just given yourself unecessary problems.

Haba didn’t you read through? Where would she have gotten her sister s address to put as her contact in USA? Well if you are asked you can explain to them. People have relations abroad but don’t even know their contacts.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arbitrix: 10:52am On May 22, 2019
There's no rule that says you have to stay with your sibling. The question is do you have one. You can answer honestly and then put where and with whom you are actually staying as contact person and address. She didn't need her sister's address.

Ebalu953:

Haba didn’t you read through? Where would she have gotten her sister s address to put as her contact in USA? Well if you are asked you can explain to them. People have relations abroad but don’t even know their contacts.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by thegreengooner(m): 10:54am On May 22, 2019
OmoBendel24:
I really wish people will just come here and at least first agree they haven’t read more than a page or two instead of pretending that they have read much. Their questions keep betraying them, and someone like me will also join them and pretend like I didn’t see their post too. The most that will happen is you will be referred back to the first page or to some previous thread maybe.

When I joined nairaland and the US Visit Visa thread, I took particular interest in even previous posts by Tzetzefly especially, VisaOfficer, AbujaNIV, LagosNIV, then Fastlink, Gbenge77, LadyG and Thegreengooner (these were people whose takes were loaded and captivating at the time and till now) amongst others in spite of limited time, I’m better for it. My first and second question on here had some good space between because I was catching up after work, every night as I lay there on my bed till sleep comes. Was showing stuff to my wife alongside as I saw something new and important to us.

There are some people either sharing or liking posts from even as early as 2016, I wish I knew them sef, I won’t hesitate to answer all of their questions to the best of my ability as time and opportunity avails, they are serious, clearly!

Thanks for the compliment...I still visit the thread frequently but I see it is well manned and loaded

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by thegreengooner(m): 10:55am On May 22, 2019
seyewest:

Way back baba.... when it was fun and adventure, when we read every page of this forum like bible.... I miss those Visa Officer, Tsetsefly, LadyG, thegreengooner, Nef and you self you dey try my brother... grin

It's disappointing when you start to see multiple posts all sounding repetitive when the op can simply read through a few pages and find an answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 22, 2019
Guys my interview is next week Thursday. Am a student of a Nigerian university. My school is delaying in processing my letter of introduction should I cancel my interview and reschedule when I have my introduction letter or should i go without it? I have all other documents ready
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Marymag101: 1:02pm On May 22, 2019
Arbitrix:
There's no rule that says you have to stay with your sibling. The question is do you have one. You can answer honestly and then put where and with whom you are actually staying as contact person and address. She didn't need her sister's address.

Thanks for all the responses so do you advice I fill another form? Or wait to be asked? My interview is in 11days thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 1:07pm On May 22, 2019
Osahon7:
Guys my interview is next week Thursday. Am a student of a Nigerian university. My school is delaying in processing my letter of introduction should I cancel my interview and reschedule when I have my introduction letter or should i go without it? I have all other documents ready

What exactly do you need this letter for with the US Embassy if I may ask? Wondering too the other documents you have ready.... It will be in your best interest to worry less about documents (outside your international Passport, DS160 confirmation page, appointment confirmation page, GTB visa fees payment receipt, and a US embassy Standard Passport photograph) if you are applying for a B category visa to just visit and not one to birth or school in the US, concentrate on other dynamics associated with the interview itself please.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arbitrix: 1:18pm On May 22, 2019
I think you should and then get ready to answer questions as to why you filled "no" in the first place.
Marymag101:

Thanks for all the responses so do you advice I fill another form? Or wait to be asked? My interview is in 11days thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 1:42pm On May 22, 2019
Marymag101:

no need for another form, a friend in church had almost same problem (he never stayed with the relatives),cos family members taught the guy was in Europe, not knowing he has migrated to the U.S, the americana got his number and called, all he did during renewal was gave a detail explanation including call date, phone numbers and time. He was invited for interview he was able to give good explanation and he got it. My concern is if VO will be in a good mood to listen to you and also how you can put forward your explanation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arbitrix: 2:03pm On May 22, 2019
Her case isn't the same. She has a sister in the US and answered no when asked. Not the same at all.
awumen:
no need for another form, a friend in church had almost same problem (he never stayed with the relatives),cos family members taught the guy was in Europe, not knowing he has migrated to the U.S, the americana got his number and called, all he did during renewal was gave a detail explanation including call date, phone numbers and time. He was invited for interview he was able to give good explanation and he got it. My concern is if VO will be in a good mood to listen to you and also how you can put forward your explanation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:46pm On May 22, 2019
Osahon7:

The VO may not (in fact will not) ask for the letter from your school. Not reason enough to cancel.
The question is are YOU ready, apart from the items listed by OmoBendel24, just go with a little dose of confidence and a resolve to be honest.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abnot: 3:13pm On May 22, 2019
BOmum:
I think people question what they dont know..2 months after i joined my company, I was sent to Netherlands for a 3 weeks workshop..5 months into our employment, one of the ladies that joined with me got a short term assignment in Netherlands for 18 months which she went for...Lets stop doubting things we don't know just because we have not seen it happen and it not happening around us does not make it a lie..Companies get level please..She might be working with one big IOC and not Adekoya and brothers

Some things I read here makes me wonder if I’m as Nigerian as some people on Nairaland or if we are in the same country. A friend of mine interned at one of the agencies of the UN (without pay) and in week 4 the team was sent to do some work in New York (including her ) . After two months the team also participated at a conference in Argentina. It was because of mentalities like this I left my first job. People think you have to work for multiple years to qualify for things that you can easily afford on your resources .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abnot: 3:18pm On May 22, 2019
123JohnF:

Sounds more like going to work in prostitution or trafficking drugs, girls

lol you never can tell what these visa officers are thinking. During my last interview at the US deputy consulate in Lagos the VO scanned through my passport and first questioned my expired F1 visa and expired tier 4 visa. Then he found about 8 stamps in and out Amsterdam schiphol airport and kept grilling me about my missions to amsterdam when I was a student . He eventually approved my visa though but I could see he was suspicious about my frequent trips there from Scotland but then this was years ago .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 22, 2019
Ebalu953:

First of all what is your travel history like? What are your ties to Nigeria? Are u married? Do u have kids? Do u have a good job? These are the most important factors

I've not traveled before. I don't have a job now. I'm not married. I don't have kids.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by giselle237: 4:05pm On May 22, 2019
you should at least have a job .... or a business that is verifiable. .. all the things listed none... so what would be your reason to return to Nigeria.. this looks very slim.
1984och:

I've not traveled before. I don't have a job now. I'm not married. I don't have kids.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 22, 2019
giselle237:
you should at least have a job .... or a business that is verifiable. .. all the things listed none... so what would be your reason to return to Nigeria.. this looks very slim.

I don't have a job. I lost my job about a year plus now. I don't have any business. I'm being truthful.
My brother wants to pay for everything.
What do you suggest? Should I tell him to forget about it. Just stay here and hope for the best!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abnot: 4:41pm On May 22, 2019
TWoods:

Chances are slim. I did the math, you make max $2500/month between the two of you. How do you convince a VO that you intend to spend the equivalent of two months salary (include costs of flight tickets) for a few weeks vacation and return to Nigeria?

Chairman leave that to the VO . In 2017 I quoted as salary of 260k monthly on my DS160 as I didn’t want to bother the officials with information about housing upfront, education allow, 13tj month, productivity bonus and leave allowance. Visa was approved .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Marymag101: 4:42pm On May 22, 2019
Arbitrix:
I think you should and then get ready to answer questions as to why you filled "no" in the first place.

Pls you haven't still answered my question. Do u suggest I fill another form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by giselle237: 4:44pm On May 22, 2019
sorry about your job. Very sorry.
However the people that have overstayed their visas or outrightly gone to claim asylum after they were granted visas have made this hard... the embassy might think you wont come back.. ur sincerity is important but ties to Nigeria would be ’importanter’ dear...
1984och:

I don't have a job. I lost my job about a year plus now. I don't have any business. I'm being truthful.
My brother wants to pay for everything.
What do you suggest? Should I tell him to forget about it. Just stay here and hope for the best!

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abnot: 5:08pm On May 22, 2019
flourishing247:

500-700k monthly!!!!!! Please what are they doing over there now?
8.4mil per annum and they can still add plenty side hustle and earn more sef. People need to think outside the box.

The struggle is real. Where I use to work starting salaries for recent grads is in the region of 6m per annum but people on 9m pa, 11.5m pa .... are all relocating to Canada and a few to USA via non immigrant route. While I frown at their actions I won’t shied from the fact that for many Nigeria is a difficult place to live . When I moved back I was amazed to find people on 18M per annum looking for loans here and there. Taking a closer look at a lot of my colleagues back then, I noticed that most of them tend to have partners at home doing nothing to generate income sufficient enough to support their husbands/kids/homes. In addition church activities tend to take about 10% - 20% of their incomes ( tithes, seeds sowing, contribution to different church events that spring up ...) and lastly multiple external dependents ( family members, lowly paid unskilled workers , others). The implication of these factors was that they were always broke before pay day. They were living pay-check to pay-check. For me I was coming from an environment where budgeting and planning was key to meeting up financial obligations and I found Lagos to be cheaper than most other cities including Accra . I had no dependent got to save more than I spent . However colleagues with much better income were always agitated and complaining about the country and continuously hinting their desire to relocate.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abnot: 5:11pm On May 22, 2019
[quote author=flourishing247 post=78490534]

8.4mil per annum an[quote author=flourishing247 post=78490534]

The struggle is real. Where I use to work starting salaries for recent grads is in the region of 6m per annum but people on 9m pa, 11.5m pa .... are all relocating to Canada and a few to USA via non immigrant route. While I frown at their actions I won’t shied from the fact that for many Nigeria is a difficult place to live . When I moved back I was amazed to find people on 18M per annum looking for loans here and there. Taking a closer look at a lot of my colleagues back then, I noticed that most of them tend to have partners at home doing nothing to generate income sufficient enough to support their husbands/kids/homes. In addition church activities tend to take about 10% - 20% of their incomes ( tithes, seeds sowing, contribution to different church events that spring up ...) and lastly multiple external dependents ( family members, lowly paid unskilled workers , others). The implication of these factors was that they were always broke before pay day. They were living pay-check to pay-check. For me I was coming from an environment where budgeting and planning was key to meeting up financial obligations and I found Lagos to be cheaper than most other cities including Accra . I had no dependent got to save more than I spent . However colleagues with much better income were always agitated and complaining about the country and continuously hinting their desire to relocate. d they can still add plenty side hustle and earn more sef. People need to think outside the box.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abnot: 5:12pm On May 22, 2019
flourishing247:

8.4mil per annum and they can still add plenty side hustle and earn more sef. People need to think outside the box.

The struggle is real. Where I use to work starting salaries for recent grads is in the region of 6m per annum but people on 9m pa, 11.5m pa .... are all relocating to Canada and a few to USA via non immigrant route. While I frown at their actions I won’t shied from the fact that for many Nigeria is a difficult place to live . When I moved back I was amazed to find people on 18M per annum looking for loans here and there. Taking a closer look at a lot of my colleagues back then, I noticed that most of them tend to have partners at home doing nothing to generate income sufficient enough to support their husbands/kids/homes. In addition church activities tend to take about 10% - 20% of their incomes ( tithes, seeds sowing, contribution to different church events that spring up ...) and lastly multiple external dependents ( family members, lowly paid unskilled workers , others). The implication of these factors was that they were always broke before pay day. They were living pay-check to pay-check. For me I was coming from an environment where budgeting and planning was key to meeting up financial obligations and I found Lagos to be cheaper than most other cities including Accra . I had no dependent got to save more than I spent . However colleagues with much better income were always agitated and complaining about the country and continuously hinting their desire to relocate.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 22, 2019
giselle237:
sorry about your job. Very sorry.
However the people that have overstayed their visas or outrightly gone to claim asylum after they were granted visas have made this hard... the embassy might think you wont come back.. ur sincerity is important but ties to Nigeria would be ’importanter’ dear...

Thank you so much. The only tie I have is my mum. Like I said, I don't have a job, I don't have a wife nor child, I don't even have a business.
I'll just forget about it. I'll tell him not to bother.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:12pm On May 22, 2019
abnot:

Planning and budget!! That's a major key to survival.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by arro: 6:52pm On May 22, 2019
Thanks for all the informations provided on this platform, but I still need help, I don't know what they mean by ties in your home country, am married with a daughter, and both of us are public servants, but I was still denied, again if my cousin who has been in usa as citizen since 1997 married with children and a nurse by profession and the hubby drug enforcement agent invite me for holiday with it carry weight, will it fly?
This is for the positive minded people and not for those with negativities to reply please.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Devilcalibour: 6:56pm On May 22, 2019
abnot:

Chairman leave that to the VO . In 2017 I quoted as salary of 260k monthly on my DS160 as I didn’t want to bother the officials with information about housing upfront, education allow, 13tj month, productivity bonus and leave allowance. Visa was approved .
leave him let him he calculating someone else money I love your reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tosin620: 7:03pm On May 22, 2019
Hi all,
My husband and I just got our NVC paper work approved for CR1 May 3rd and still haven't gotten an interview appointment date yet. Has anyone else who finalized their paperwork in March, April, or May received an appointment date yet? If so, what date did they give? This wait for an interview date is killing me! Any help is appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Devilcalibour: 7:04pm On May 22, 2019
arro:
Thanks for all the informations provided on this platform, but I still need help, I don't know what they mean by ties in your home country, am married with a daughter, and both of us are public servants, but I was still denied, again if my cousin who has been in usa as citizen since 1997 married with children and a nurse by profession and the hubby drug enforcement agent invite me for holiday with it carry weight, will it fly?
This is for the positive minded people and not for those with negativities to reply please.
Thanks
they can ask you how did your cousin get to the state, even some may your chances are slim but pray
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Devilcalibour: 7:05pm On May 22, 2019
Do you know some people use charm for the V.O and they go to pastors and visit Churches
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 8:16pm On May 22, 2019
Osahon7:

I don't think you need a letter of introduction to apply for a visiting visa to the U.S . Feel free to attend the interview without it . Even if you go with it the consular officer might not even care to look at it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.