Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (531063 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 10:08pm On May 28, 2019
Omega30:
If u are give 2yrs multiple entry,them stamped 6 months at POE, so far he doesn't exceed 6months, I don't think he should have a problem

Are you seriously serious? shocked

Enlighten me abeg.

What will s/he tell the VO s/he is doing for 6 months?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 10:47pm On May 28, 2019
Omega30:
If u are give 2yrs multiple entry,them stamped 6 months at POE, so far he doesn't exceed 6months, I don't think he should have a problem

Really? True in letter, but almost false in spirit. Your agbada go hook for barbed wire oh!

Just do make you grow, you go understand wetin make papa no sew agbada....

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:30am On May 29, 2019
ayenikunle:

Enlighten me abeg.

OmoBendel24:

Really? True in letter, but almost false in spirit. Your agbada go hook for barbed wire oh!

Thank you o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omega30(m): 3:42am On May 29, 2019
OmoBendel24:

U really sound funny I swear.But on a serious note, someone will hustle about at least 2m, find one kind conference to attend to be given Visa, and he will now spend some days.Then he will come back? So He went to US to visit the Trump or what? 2m wasted just like that. Since maybe u know more. Enlighten me then!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omega30(m): 3:54am On May 29, 2019
seyewest:

It's B1.... That visa was strictly for Conference/Seminar etc.... A month is asking for too much, how I wish he returned to Nigeria immediately after his Conference before doing anything in U.S but what do I know.
.I think B1 is not just for Conference/ Seminar bro: The holder of a B-1 visa, or a person travelling for business without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program, may undertake any one of the following activities:

Attend business or professional conferences or conventions
Consult with business associates
Negotiate contracts
Purchase goods or materials
Appear as a witness in court trials
Undertake independent research

Travelers entering the U.S. under the B-1 classification may not perform productive work or accept paid or unpaid employment. Copied from US embassy and consulate site

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omega30(m): 3:56am On May 29, 2019
ayenikunle:

Enlighten me abeg.

copied from US embassy and Consulate site:
How long can I stay in the U.S. on a B-1/B-2 visa?

Validity of a visa relates only to the length of time the holder may travel to the United States and apply for admission. It does not determine the length of time you can stay in the United States. The length of time a visitor is permitted to remain in the United States is determined by the United States Customs and Border Protection Officer at the port of entry. Each traveler will be permitted to stay in the U.S. for a period of time that is fair and reasonable for the completion of the purpose of the visit.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omega30(m): 4:19am On May 29, 2019
ayenikunle:

Enlighten me abeg.

I did a little more research for you:

According to the State Department reciprocity page a B visa issued to a Nigerian will likely be multiple entry and valid for 2 years from the date the visa is issued. You can use the visa to enter the US as long as it is valid on the day you enter.

When you do enter the US the immigration officer you see will authorize you to stay in the US for a period of time that has nothing to do with the visa expiry date. From 8 CFR 214.2(b) a B visa holder may be admitted for up to 1 year, but in practice the admission will typically be for 6 months even if this extends beyond the expiry date of your visa. Note, however, that a 6 month admission is not guaranteed; the IO can limit a B-1 entry to time requested at his own discretion, and a B-2 admission can be similarly limited if the IO has good cause to do so and his supervisor agrees. You need to leave the US within the time period you are allowed on that entry unless you apply for an extension.

So the answer might be 2 years or 6 months depending on the question you are asking. The visa you are granted may be valid for 2 years but for any trip you take to the US your stay in the country will be limited to 6 months or less.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 7:11am On May 29, 2019
Omega30:

According to the State Department reciprocity page a B visa issued to a Nigerian will likely be multiple entry and valid for 2 years from the date the visa is issued. You can use the visa to enter the US as long as it is valid on the day you enter.

When you do enter the US the immigration officer you see will authorize you to stay in the US for a period of time that has nothing to do with the visa expiry date. From 8 CFR 214.2(b) a B visa holder may be admitted for up to 1 year, but in practice the admission will typically be for 6 months even if this extends beyond the expiry date of your visa. Note, however, that a 6 month admission is not guaranteed; the IO can limit a B-1 entry to time requested at his own discretion, and a B-2 admission can be similarly limited if the IO has good cause to do so and his supervisor agrees. You need to leave the US within the time period you are allowed on that entry unless you apply for an extension.

So the answer might be 2 years or 6 months depending on the question you are asking. The visa you are granted may be valid for 2 years but for any trip you take to the US your stay in the country will be limited to 6 months or less.
Omega30:

Validity of a visa relates only to the length of time the holder may travel to the United States and apply for admission. It does not determine the length of time you can stay in the United States. The length of time a visitor is permitted to remain in the United States is determined by the United States Customs and Border Protection Officer at the port of entry. Each traveler will be permitted to stay in the U.S. for a period of time that is fair and reasonable for the completion of the purpose of the visit.

With the current trend of visa refusals you still advise a Nigerian to spend 6 months in the US at a stretch, no matter what is written on that site?

Between, it's illegal to "hustle" on a B visa

I don't have energy to type this morning.

Anyway, clap for yourself.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:34am On May 29, 2019
Omega30:

Let me ask you this...what will you be doing in US for 6months if you declared that you work in Nigeria during the interview?

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:36am On May 29, 2019
Omega30:

Each traveler will be permitted to stay in the U.S. for a period of time that is fair and reasonable for the completion of the purpose of the visit

I am quoting your research.

On your DS160, you wrote that you work at XYZ as ABC and earn 123 monthly.
You want a B1/B2 visa for holiday (3 weeks) or attend a conference/workshop (5 days) or you just need a break (4 weeks).

At the interview, you stick to either of this story.

At PoE, you repeat this story again.

Then you get in and spend 6 months.

What happens to your job at XYZ, even if you are the CEO?
You earn 123 and definitely cannot keep earning 123 monthly if you are gone for 6 months
How do you survive(food, house, drugs, clothes, phone calls, transport etc etc) in the 6 months, because at PoE, you declared 456 as money available to you.

Explain this. without forgetting the "time that is fair and reasonable for the completion of the purpose of the visit"

PS. Other well meaning NL reading, kindly ignore the suggestion made to stay behind 6 months because CBP stamped 6 months at PoE.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:45am On May 29, 2019
Omega30:

He will have a problem renewing that visa

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 8:44am On May 29, 2019
@omega30,please keep all these research and don't mislead people here. This your info is the type that add to the wahala of genuine travellers at the embassy. No one is advised at this time or any time stall to stay 6 months straight unless pregnancy related (that VO, was infomed).dont stay 6 months, don't use agents.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2019
awumen:
@omega30,please keep all these research and don't mislead people here. This your info is the type that add to the wahala of genuine travellers at the embassy. No one is advised at this time or any time stall to stay 6 months straight unless pregnancy related (that VO, was infomed).dont stay 6 months, don't use agents.
why can't we use agent?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arbitrix: 9:16am On May 29, 2019
Leave him! Let him be copying and pasting without deductive reasoning!
fkj950ax:

I am quoting your research.

On your DS160, you wrote that you work at XYZ as ABC and earn 123 monthly.
You want a B1/B2 visa for holiday (3 weeks) or attend a conference/workshop (5 days) or you just need a break (4 weeks).

At the interview, you stick to either of this story.

At PoE, you repeat this story again.

Then you get in and spend 6 months.

What happens to your job at XYZ, even if you are the CEO?
You earn 123 and definitely cannot keep earning 123 monthly if you are gone for 6 months
How do you survive(food, house, drugs, clothes, phone calls, transport etc etc) in the 6 months, because at PoE, you declared 456 as money available to you.

Explain this. without forgetting the "time that is fair and reasonable for the completion of the purpose of the visit"

PS. Other well meaning NL reading, kindly ignore the suggestion made to stay behind 6 months because CBP stamped 6 months at PoE.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2019
Good day everyone,
Please is there anyone that just applied for the US visa? I wanna know the earliest dates available for interview because my visa expires soon. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pesuzok(m): 10:44am On May 29, 2019
Spanishmilf:
why can't we use agent?
Why do you need an agent? It's a DIY process

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:52am On May 29, 2019
Spanishmilf:
why can't we use an agent?

The agents misrepresent applicants because they are under a commercial obligation to "package" your application properly to be believable by the VO.

That means some lies and garnishing here and there that applicants can't defend at that interview or at renewal. That why your information with the USGov conflicts. You were going for a medical conference as a full time medical student in 2017, but have 11 years work experience as a Senior HR Manager in Guinness.

And some agents hold applicants hostage by withholding DS160 login, which you are made to "buy" back from them in future.

And the system is straightforward. If you take time, you really don't need assistance.

Finally, agents reuse certain packages(hotels, hospital, contact in US - phone, email, addresses - that have been flagged by the US government. Automatically they know you didn't fill your application yourself

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 1:05pm On May 29, 2019
fkj950ax:

The agents misrepresent applicants because they are under a commercial obligation to "package" your application properly to be believable by the VO.

That means some lies and garnishing here and there that applicants can't defend at that interview or at renewal. That why your information with the USGov conflicts. You were going for a medical conference as a full time medical student in 2017, but have 11 years work experience as a Senior HR Manager in Guinness.

And some agents hold applicants hostage by withholding DS160 login, which you are made to "buy" back from them in future.

And the system is straightforward. If you take time, you really don't need assistance.

Finally, agents reuse certain packages(hotels, hospital, contact in US - phone, email, addresses - that have been flagged by the US government. Automatically they know you didn't fill your application yourself
i think they are still some trusted agent out there many people don't have idea about the USA processing stuff that why they use agents
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sharpman1(m): 1:16pm On May 29, 2019
Omega30:
U really sound funny I swear.But on a serious note, someone will hustle about at least 2m, find one kind conference to attend to be given Visa, and he will now spend some days.Then he will come back? So He went to US to visit the Trump or what? 2m wasted just like that. Since maybe u know more. Enlighten me then!!

THIS.......is the problem.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arbitrix: 1:40pm On May 29, 2019
We all had no idea about the USA processing stuff until we did some research.
Spanishmilf:
i think they are still some trusted agent out there many people don't have idea about the USA processing stuff that why they use agents

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:50pm On May 29, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Fact. Didn't rule it out.
But caution is all we advocate here.
And it's a DIY process still

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:55pm On May 29, 2019
sharpman1:

THIS.......is the problem.

In true sense of it, who spends N2m to "visit" USA.

Can someone help with USD/NGN possible costs.

Visa Fees
Flight
Average daily spend (food, housing, transport etc) NY for 2 weeks
Average daily spend (food, housing, transport etc) TX for 2 weeks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mizGene(f): 2:12pm On May 29, 2019
Has anyone ever done a passport recall after dropbox? How long did it take to get your passport back?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:32pm On May 29, 2019
Omega30:

I don't know if people really know what life as an illegal immigrant looks like. They think it's easy as they think. God forbid that I will leave Nigeria and be hiding about in a foreign country. I rather stay here and hustle legit.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 3:53pm On May 29, 2019
Spanishmilf:

Even if they are trusted agents, you still have to be careful. For example using an agent who has never travelled out or those ones who tell you to bring ridiculous amount of money. Alot of agents lie alot.

The thing is that alot of Nigerians dont know how to use goggle. All the info you need is on the internet.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 3:58pm On May 29, 2019
Omega30:

2m for USA Visa? Is that what agents charge?

Anyone who hustles for money to travel is not a genuine tourist but a potential immigrant, the vo will know the person is not worth the amount they claim to have. Those Visa officers see through you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2019
nyce55:
Sudden Change In US Visa Rules That Affects Nigeria

The United States Government last Week, without prior information or notice, launched a New Immigration Policy called "Build America" It is a new merit base visa a.

Mods
Please delete this post

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 4:06pm On May 29, 2019
flourishing247:

I don't know if people really know what life as an illegal immigrant looks like. They think it's easy as they think. God forbid that I will leave Nigeria and be hiding about in a foreign country. I rather stay here and hustle legit.

Sometimes they think that the family they know in USA will send them when they arrive loool. Everyone answers their own name there.

I saw alot of illegal immigrants in downtown Houston staying under the bridge when I went with my brother to share food for homeless people. Agents who have never travelled out steady deceiving Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 4:06pm On May 29, 2019
fkj950ax:

Mods
Please delete this post

Hahaha! Its tiring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.