Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. (54396 Views)

Anambra Embattled Speaker, Uche Okafor Attacks Monarch / Sanwo-Olu Meets CEOs, Mulls Lockdown Review in Seven Days / 2019: El-rufai Gives Running Mate New Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
The founder of Liberation City, Pastor Chris Okafor, has warned Kaduna State Governor to avoid persecuting Christians and preachers in the state or risk the wrath of God.

The preacher gave El-Rufai seven days to reverse bill at the state House of Assembly to license religious bodies or would be visited by God.

The bill proposes that any person found guilty of preaching without a valid licence and other offences under the law “shall be liable to two years in prison or pay a fine of N200, 000.”

Under this new edict, the government seeks to create an inter-faith Ministerial Committee to be appointed by the governor which will exercise control over Jama’atu Nasril Islam, JNI, and the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN.

The bill ensures that the ministerial committee shall issue licenses to religious bodies without which the body cannot preach.
It also stipulates that no external preacher can preach in Kaduna without a permit.

Speaking on the development, the cleric in a video shared on his wall on Monday night described El-Rufai as Herod, who cannot withstand the wrath of God.

In his words: “The God we serve is not a dead God, he is alive, and alive to fight for Himself. If El-Rufai refuses to reverse or change the law, let him start to prepare for the wrath of God.”
“Within two years of his re-election , God will visit him. So, it is better he listens to advise before it’s too late,” the Pastor also known as, “ The Oracle of God said.

http://dailypost.ng/2019/03/26/el-rufai-vs-christians-pastor-chris-okafor-curses-kaduna-gov-gives-7-days-video/

To hell with the church and the mosque combined. What I however detest is injustice, human right abuses and stifling of free speech.
EVERY Nigerian citizen has the right to preach whatever the Fvck he likes, this is an attack on free speech and I am not having it.
May el rufai die in his sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
The bill is just a control mechanism. It's foolish to think that that it is targeted against Christians
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by SaturnNick(m): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:
I am a Christian but I like the bill.
Why?¿

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by kasim155: 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=Barney11 post=77030508]I am a Christian but I like the bill.[/quote

No u are not a Christian because if u are u will not support dis nonsense bill

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by banio: 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
lionness:
Core Christian but in truth what has Christianity done for the country beside create more criminal pastors and poorer members. Lagos needs to pass this bill and we need noise control bill. One useless church here won’t let me sleep abi na Nigerians kill Jesus

Seems You have not heard that endless Islam siren. It wakes everyone by 4am daily and blast till 6am, I guess You prefer waking up by 4am.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Obere4u: 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
Everyone focusing on Christianity and forgetting that the bill implies to both Christianity and Islam.

A good bill if you ask me. But the implementation will be the problem.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
Lagos needs such a bill. As do all states in the federation. There are few things I hate more than Christian moorons that think they have a right to invade my personal space to preach rubbish that I do not care to hear. I remember my daily nightmare when I used to take public transport and some clown would always enter the bus to disturb the peace of everyone in the name of evangelism. Then when you tell them to shut the fucckk up, other people would be looking at you as if you're the devil.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by vioment: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
I don't like the guy but this is a no nonsense bill as long as no imam will come especially from the middle east to brain wash people into speaking arabic and being arabian foot soldiers.

It is a good bill from my point of view.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nukilia: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
The beginning of the end

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Denikayan: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
Can Pastor Chris Okafor please shut da fvck up!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by phorget(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
Religion should be scrapped, Christianity or Islam. We've had enough of preachings that would last us our life time please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by kingandamy4life(m): 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
They should ask Abiola and Abacha how they ended. you cant fight God.they should learn from history. Abiola tried it when he sank a ship full of bible in the sea and wanted to be president to islamise Nigeria, God moved him out. Abacha tried his own and ended shamefully. i just pity this little rat that cant explain how he breathe and keep fighting the one who provides breath for him. hell Rufai ask and ask and ask again what happend to them if not.......a hand written on the wall will write the date of HIS dismissal

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by seunny4lif(m): 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
Good one.
Go to European countries that introduced the Christian to us and you will understand that the federal government need to pass this kind of bill.
Maximum hours of service is 2 hours in white people church.
You wouldn’t hear any sound outside the building and no cars parked around obstructing the community.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by PolymathDave(m): 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
I just pray God will defend his people in kaduna, the islamisation process in the state has been on for numerous years now and they don't even allow Christian leaders in the politics of the state.
I just hope this ploy to cripple the church in kaduna won't work because this will affect missionaries and all those new TRUE and EVANGELISTS that really want to spread God's word, not to mention that if this license whatever really pushes through, they could easily disenfranchise pastors from getting this licenses if we are not careful.

I pray that God will avenge all the people that have died and all the Christians living in kaduna, In Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by canalily(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:
ur.ENGLISH.NAME.IS."SORRY"

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nukilia: 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
Obi1kenobi:
Lagos needs such a bill. As do all states in the federation. There are few things I hate more than Christian moorons that think they have a right to invade my personal space to preach rubbish that I do not care to hear. I remember my daily nightmare when I used to take public transport and some clown would always enter the bus to disturb the peace of everyone in the name of evangelism. Then when you tell them to shut the fucckk up, other people would be looking at you as if you're the devil.

grin cheesy grin You don't understand what a free society looks like. The repercussions of such bill will lead to very extreme groups which would engage in the decimation of lives in the society.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by SaturnNick(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
And what will he do about the mosque prayer disturbances(esp the early morning own) and blocking of govt roads on fridays... As well as jihad/terrorism?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by PolymathDave(m): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
kingandamy4life:
They should ask Abiola and Abacha how they ended. you cant fight God.they should learn from history. Abiola tried it when he sank a ship full of bible in the sea and wanted to be president to islamise Nigeria, God moved him out. Abacha tried his own and ended shamefully. i just pity this little rat that cant explain how he breathe and keep fighting the one who provides breath for him. hell Rufai ask and ask and ask again what happend to them if not.......a hand written on the wall will write the date of HIS dismissal

Honestly that El-Rufai is a wicked man and is not hiding his hate and bitterness for innocent Christians. So many peoples's blood is on this man's head and not only his but also all his accomplices and even the IGP of the police force in kaduna.
By God's grace, God will soon weigh El-rufai, if he is found wanting, he will suffer greatly and be dealt with.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
banio:

Seems You have not heard that endless Islam siren. It wakes everyone by 4am daily and blast till 6am, I guess You prefer waking up by 4am.

I've lived around Muslims all my life and there is a mosque 2 minutes walk away from my house. Muslims are far less of a nuisance than Christians. I barely notice the activities of Muslims except their Friday prayers. Pentecostal Christians in particular are by far the biggest religious nuisances in the world. Nuisances that think they have a right to disturb everyone's peace with their activities. Whether it is Lord's Chosen, Mountain of Fire, Cele or Cherubim and Seraphim, Pentecostals are big nuisances.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:

Shotup, You're a Muhammadian using Taqiyya to deceive the mumu Christians,

I'm an atheist and I don't support this, in your useless mind you think the governor is acting civilized.
We know Erufai is a religious bigot, we know how Christians are slaughtered in Southern Kaduna, we know how Elrufai is using political power to degrade Christian minority and their ancestral land are being taken by jihadist.

The Fulanis want to take over Kaduna entirely.

WE ARE WATCHING, WE KEEP RECORDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0CeMHeoejw

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by nurusystem(m): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
GreyLaw:

How won't you like the bill? You just attend church. Do you really know what being a believer in Christ means, and the attendant responsibility? Do you really know that in the last days believers in Christ will be persecuted under every guise -- both overtly and covertly?

Here you are liking a bill you don't understand the hydra-headed ramifications it will take in a few years from now.

Islam is too beautiful

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nukilia: 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2019
PolymathDave:
I just pray God will defend his people in kaduna, the islamisation process in the state has been on for numerous years now and they don't even allow Christian leaders in the politics of the state.
I just hope this ploy to cripple the church in kaduna won't work because this will affect missionaries and all those new TRUE and EVANGELISTS that really want to spread God's word, not to mention that if this license whatever really pushes through, they could easily disenfranchise pastors from getting this licenses if we are not careful.

I pray that God will avenge all the people that have died and all the Christians living in kaduna, In Jesus name.

This is the beginning of dangerous times

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Xbursta(m): 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2019
lionness:
Core Christian but in truth what has Christianity done for the country beside create more criminal pastors and poorer members. Lagos needs to pass this bill and we need noise control bill. One useless church here won’t let me sleep abi na Nigerians kill Jesus
cheesy
lionness:
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by gbagyiza: 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:

I am also a Christian from kaduna, if only d bill will be enforce on both Christian n Muslim clerics, then I will support it. But i will tell u categorically that d governor's main ojective by bringing this laws is mainly against d Christian clerics.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by zoedew: 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ejimagift:
As for me i see nothing wrong with this excellent bill. Christianity especially needs to be regulated with iron hand. The nuisance of Christianity abound in almost every street of the federation. What fvcking message are you people evangelising that several lunatics just wake up and set up churches even in shops disturbing the peace of neighbors with loud speakers spewing thrash called preaching. Christianity has been abused by useless men parading as preachers and present day Christianity makes people dumb and zombiefied in nature. If not how can a sane Human being believe that Adeboye drove to Lagos with empty tank? How can someone with functional brain believe that Adeboye and God drank tea together? How can people still follow Oyedepo blindly despite his partisanship and obvious interest in frolicking with thieving politicians? How has religion helped the average poor Nigerian? The north has the highest population of poor people despite praying five times daily. The Christians keeps attending Shiloh, Redeem Camp e.t.c yearly but no meaningful changes occurs in their lives while their mega pastors keeps building universities, estates and enjoying worldly riches. Pastor enjoying material things in life and telling you to make heaven for your own enjoyment. Are you not super dumb? While Islam and other religions has their flaws, i think every state should follow the Kaduna model by reforming and licensing those mentally deranged bastards parading as pastors/imams.

Little wonder you speak the way you do! You can only appreciate spiritual things by faith. It is foolishness to those who are perishing
1 Corinthians 1:18-19
“For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by zoedew: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2019
zoedew:

Little wonder you speak the way you do! You can only appreciate spiritual things by faith. It is foolishness to those who are perishing. We all did at some point in time! I pray you will come round someday!
1 Corinthians 1:18-19
“For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nukilia: 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

I've lived around Muslims all my life and there is a mosque 2 minutes walk away from my house. Muslims are far less of a nuisance than Christians. I barely notice the activities of Muslims except their Friday prayers. Pentecostal Christians in particular are by far the biggest religious nuisances in the world. Nuisances that think they have a right to disturb everyone's peace with their activities. Whether it is Lord's Chosen, Mountain of Fire, Cele or Cherubim and Seraphim, Pentecostals are big nuisances.

Wait till you know the true meaning of nuisance.. That's when you'll know that the organizations you listed there are peaceful people.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
Nukilia:

grin cheesy grin You don't understand what a free society looks like. The repercussions of such bill will lead to very extreme groups which would engage in the decimation of lives in the society.

Tighter regulation of religious groups doesn't lead to extremism. On the contrary, it promotes secularism. Communist states were usually hostile to religion, and there is less religious conflict in places like Russia or China. Rwanda's President has passed laws cracking down on religious groups in the country and it hasn't led to any extremism. Rwanda is probably Africa's most peaceful country today.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nukilia: 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
gbagyiza:

I am also a Christian from kaduna, if only d bill will be enforce on both Christian n Muslim clerics, then I will support it. But i will tell u categorically that d governor's main ojective by bringing this laws is mainly against d Christian clerics.

You're correct! All I can say is that people should take note as the state gradually slides into chaos... Nothing as good as freedom of expression

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east / Six Top Sex Scandals Involving Nigerian Politicians (pics) / Governor Adeleke, Senator Melaye & Dele Momodu In US (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.