Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. (54404 Views)

Anambra Embattled Speaker, Uche Okafor Attacks Monarch / Sanwo-Olu Meets CEOs, Mulls Lockdown Review in Seven Days / 2019: El-rufai Gives Running Mate New Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by TargetbaseAfric: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2019
Our goal is to send consumers to your website who want to buy or use the services you provide. Our primary concern is to focus on optimizing your website adequately. Let's help you get your website ranking on Google so that consumers can easily connect with your business. Our website is https://targetbase.africa
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2019
[s]
zoedew:

Little wonder you speak the way you do! You can only appreciate spiritual things by faith. It is foolishness to those who are perishing
1 Corinthians 1:18-19
“For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”
[/s]

Don't quote your nonsense bible to me. Religion is the greatest enemy of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nukilia: 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Tighter regulation of religious groups doesn't lead to extremism. On the contrary, it promotes secularism. Communist states were usually hostile to religion, and there is less religious conflict in places like Russia or China. Rwanda's President has passed laws cracking down on religious groups in the country and it hasn't led to any extremism. Rwanda is probably Africa's most peaceful country today.

Nigeria is different from those other countries...
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by klas(m): 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2019
Was it not the same bill that made pastor Suleiman predict death for el-rufai about 4 years ago and el-Rufai challenged him to specify the exact date of his death?

Why is this pastor just raking it up again?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by MEGAWATCH: 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:
I am a Christian but I like the bill.

Na lie you are not, you are a church goer and it doesn't make you a Christian my dear. The soul of Christianity is evangelism and it was even done at the market places in the bible. If you doubt me go and study the book of Acts of the Apostles.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Jlow2: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
All I knw is that i believe in wat was said about Cain and the mark on his forehead in the bible
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by wink2015(m): 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
The founder of Liberation City, Pastor Chris Okafor, has warned Kaduna State Governor to avoid persecuting Christians and preachers in the state or risk the wrath of God.

The preacher gave El-Rufai seven days to reverse bill at the state House of Assembly to license religious bodies or would be visited by God.

The bill proposes that any person found guilty of preaching without a valid licence and other offences under the law “shall be liable to two years in prison or pay a fine of N200, 000.”

Under this new edict, the government seeks to create an inter-faith Ministerial Committee to be appointed by the governor which will exercise control over Jama’atu Nasril Islam, JNI, and the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN.

The bill ensures that the ministerial committee shall issue licenses to religious bodies without which the body cannot preach.
It also stipulates that no external preacher can preach in Kaduna without a permit.

Speaking on the development, the cleric in a video shared on his wall on Monday night described El-Rufai as Herod, who cannot withstand the wrath of God.

In his words: “The God we serve is not a dead God, he is alive, and alive to fight for Himself. If El-Rufai refuses to reverse or change the law, let him start to prepare for the wrath of God.”
“Within two years of his re-election , God will visit him. So, it is better he listens to advise before it’s too late,” the Pastor also known as, “ The Oracle of God said.

http://dailypost.ng/2019/03/26/el-rufai-vs-christians-pastor-chris-okafor-curses-kaduna-gov-gives-7-days-video/

WAS IT NOT THE SAME EL RUFAI WHO CAME TO CHURCHES IN THE SOUTH.

He was with Oyedepo and prof Osinbanjo recently.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by oluwaahmed: 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
This is exactly what the world doesn't like about Muslims. When they are in minority they require special status but once they are in majority they do away with existing laws and impose their religion for others to follow. That is why there is rising hate crime against them in the west cos people now see them for who they are. If elrufai had passed a bill banning display of loudspeakers outside religious buildings then fine, but the whole idea of doing it to churches and requesting permission to preach especially from pastors outside the state is nothing but a subtle jihad. The constitution gives people the right to freely move around and associate within Nigeria. U can pass laws that ban noise pollution in your state don't limit it to churches.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by sweetrace(f): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
This is how hitlers genocide started. He took away the Jews freedom of speech, associations and rights to gather in a crowd. They needed permits to exercise their rights. After a while, permits were stopped completely.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by klas(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Tighter regulation of religious groups doesn't lead to extremism. On the contrary, it promotes secularism. Communist states were usually hostile to religion, and there is less religious conflict in places like Russia or China. Rwanda's President has passed laws cracking down on religious groups in the country and it hasn't led to any extremism. Rwanda is probably Africa's most peaceful country today.

Don’t mind them. They praised Rwanda president’s action making a degree in theology minimum qualification for you to preach, yet criticized Kaduna government that want to set up a religious body to regulate practice of religions

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by BluntBoy(m): 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2019
Bidobado1:

To hell with the church and the mosque combined. What I however detest is injustice, human right abuses and stifling of free speech.
EVERY Nigerian citizen has the right to preach whatever the Fvck he likes , this is an attack on free speech and I am not having it.
May el rufai die in his sleep.

That was how Boko Haram came about. Enjoying freedom to preach religious extremism.

Many of you think that freedom is limitless. You do not understand that we also have the law which ensures to check our freedom and establish limits.

Yes, there is freedom, but this freedom is still decided by the law, which means you can't really do what you like.

You can't just take a drive or walk in the middle night just because you feel like?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by oglalasioux(m): 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2019
I'm with El Rufai on this one.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by bizhop01: 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
One Nigeria,
How can we achieve this?
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by manitoba(m): 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
What is this Pastor saying? If he doesn't like, he should go to the neighbouring state .

This bill has been in the pipeline for a while and it's to bring Sanity to Kaduna.

It's even the Muslim clerics that will be most affected as well as those who play Muslim sermon indiscriminately in their cars.

I remembered Pastor Suleiman telling El rufai that he will die when the proposal first came out and nothing happened till date .

Africans, don't let foreign religions cause hatred between you and your brothers .
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by forgiveness: 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2019
The Constitution stipulated freedom of thought, speech and religion hence overrides this Kaduna state law. If one is arrested for preaching the gospel, it can be contested in the temple of justice. Chikena.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
This is an old story

MyVILLAGEpeople:
The founder of Liberation City, Pastor Chris Okafor, has warned Kaduna State Governor to avoid persecuting Christians and preachers in the state or risk the wrath of God.

The preacher gave El-Rufai seven days to reverse bill at the state House of Assembly to license religious bodies or would be visited by God.

The bill proposes that any person found guilty of preaching without a valid licence and other offences under the law “shall be liable to two years in prison or pay a fine of N200, 000.”

Under this new edict, the government seeks to create an inter-faith Ministerial Committee to be appointed by the governor which will exercise control over Jama’atu Nasril Islam, JNI, and the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN.

The bill ensures that the ministerial committee shall issue licenses to religious bodies without which the body cannot preach.
It also stipulates that no external preacher can preach in Kaduna without a permit.

Speaking on the development, the cleric in a video shared on his wall on Monday night described El-Rufai as Herod, who cannot withstand the wrath of God.

In his words: “The God we serve is not a dead God, he is alive, and alive to fight for Himself. If El-Rufai refuses to reverse or change the law, let him start to prepare for the wrath of God.”
“Within two years of his re-election , God will visit him. So, it is better he listens to advise before it’s too late,” the Pastor also known as, “ The Oracle of God said.

http://dailypost.ng/2019/03/26/el-rufai-vs-christians-pastor-chris-okafor-curses-kaduna-gov-gives-7-days-video/

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Tellemall: 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ejimagift:
As for me i see nothing wrong with this excellent bill. Christianity especially needs to be regulated with iron hand. The nuisance of Christianity abound in almost every street of the federation. What fvcking message are you people evangelising that several lunatics just wake up and set up churches even in shops disturbing the peace of neighbors with loud speakers spewing thrash called preaching. Christianity has been abused by useless men parading as preachers and present day Christianity makes people dumb and zombiefied in nature. If not how can a sane Human being believe that Adeboye drove to Lagos with empty tank? How can someone with functional brain believe that Adeboye and God drank tea together? How can people still follow Oyedepo blindly despite his partisanship and obvious interest in frolicking with thieving politicians? How has religion helped the average poor Nigerian? The north has the highest population of poor people despite praying five times daily. The Christians keeps attending Shiloh, Redeem Camp e.t.c yearly but no meaningful changes occurs in their lives while their mega pastors keeps building universities, estates and enjoying worldly riches. Pastor enjoying material things in life and telling you to make heaven for your own enjoyment. Are you not super dumb? While Islam and other religions has their flaws, i think every state should follow the Kaduna model by reforming and licensing those mentally deranged bastards parading as pastors/imams.

Have you heard the mosques crying five times a day with loud noisy preaching? Does this bill affect them, too? Also an environmental bill because of the water and saliva used to clean themselves.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by forgiveness: 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2019
BluntBoy:

That was how Boko Haram came about. Enjoying freedom to preach religious extremism.

Many of you think that freedom is limitless. You do not understand that we also have the law which ensures to check our freedom and establish limits.

Yes, there is freedom, but this freedom is still decided by the law, which means you can't really do what you like.

You can't just take a drive or walk in the middle night just because you feel like?

The status quo remains as far as the constitution remains.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by fardes(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:
YOU THINK YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN NI O, BUT YOU CAN NOT BE PART OF WHAT YOU REBELS AGAINST.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by June24th: 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

The 'pastor' should take it easy and leave God to handle this
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Miketonia: 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:
Fake Christian.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by DonCandido(f): 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:

God bless you. I am also of the opinion that there is AN URGENT need to weed out the charlatans and terrorists hiding under the cloak of religion in Nigeria.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by noisy45(m): 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2019
What some foolish nairalanders here supporting el rufai bill don't know is that there will be a way Islamic worshippers and cleric will circumvent that law while it must be obeyed by Christian clerics

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by rummmy: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2019
Islamic politicians are biting more they can chew, this his law is aimed to stop the spread of Christianity in kaduna but I know that the almighty God will visit those that are fighting his people unlike the other religion who are fighting and killing for their god... We modern Nigerian Christians will not hesitate to kill if need be... Christianity must withstand El rufai oppression in kd

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by sigiyaya(m): 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ejimagift:
As for me i see nothing wrong with this excellent bill. Christianity especially needs to be regulated with iron hand. The nuisance of Christianity abound in almost every street of the federation. What fvcking message are you people evangelising that several lunatics just wake up and set up churches even in shops disturbing the peace of neighbors with loud speakers spewing thrash called preaching. Christianity has been abused by useless men parading as preachers and present day Christianity makes people dumb and zombiefied in nature. If not how can a sane Human being believe that Adeboye drove to Lagos with empty tank? How can someone with functional brain believe that Adeboye and God drank tea together? How can people still follow Oyedepo blindly despite his partisanship and obvious interest in frolicking with thieving politicians? How has religion helped the average poor Nigerian? The north has the highest population of poor people despite praying five times daily. The Christians keeps attending Shiloh, Redeem Camp e.t.c yearly but no meaningful changes occurs in their lives while their mega pastors keeps building universities, estates and enjoying worldly riches. Pastor enjoying material things in life and telling you to make heaven for your own enjoyment. Are you not super dumb? While Islam and other religions has their flaws, i think every state should follow the Kaduna model by reforming and licensing those mentally deranged bastards parading as pastors/imams.
Carry on bro;lots of con men in Nigeria aka men of god and millions of fools aka believers grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by BluntBoy(m): 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
forgiveness:

The status quo remains as far as the constitution remains.
Which status quo?
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
Crooked pastor, infact. Religion should be banned completely.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Sluvist(m): 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
lionness:
Core Christian but in truth what has Christianity done for the country beside create more criminal pastors and poorer members. Lagos needs to pass this bill and we need noise control bill. One useless church here won’t let me sleep abi na Nigerians kill Jesus
You funny ooo!!!
Possibly na Lagos agberos killed him, one church here disturbs me in the night at neighborhood, just thinking of vacating from the area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by forgiveness: 3:03pm On Mar 27, 2019
BluntBoy:

Which status quo?

Freedom to preach and associate without any formal or informal approval.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by SmartMen: 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:

I be Christian and I support it because to be honest, church in Nigeria needs serious regulations.

Was it not in UK one of them was arrested? The dude thought he was still in Nigeria lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lawan And Amaechi At Tinubu's Campaign Flag-off Yesterday / Kenneth Okonkwo Addresses Supporters Of Obi-Datti At Abuja Rally (Video) / Osinbajo Calls Hilda Baci On Phone (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.