Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. (54401 Views)

Anambra Embattled Speaker, Uche Okafor Attacks Monarch / Sanwo-Olu Meets CEOs, Mulls Lockdown Review in Seven Days / 2019: El-rufai Gives Running Mate New Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Yankee101: 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
APC second term in full swing
No more hiding or pretending
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by BluntBoy(m): 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
forgiveness:

Freedom to preach and associate without any formal or informal approval .

The bill (if it becomes law) would settle that.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by fardes(m): 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ejimagift:
As for me i see nothing wrong with this excellent bill. Christianity especially needs to be regulated with iron hand. The nuisance of Christianity abound in almost every street of the federation. What fvcking message are you people evangelising that several lunatics just wake up and set up churches even in shops disturbing the peace of neighbors with loud speakers spewing thrash called preaching. Christianity has been abused by useless men parading as preachers and present day Christianity makes people dumb and zombiefied in nature. If not how can a sane Human being believe that Adeboye drove to Lagos with empty tank? How can someone with functional brain believe that Adeboye and God drank tea together? How can people still follow Oyedepo blindly despite his partisanship and obvious interest in frolicking with thieving politicians? How has religion helped the average poor Nigerian? The north has the highest population of poor people despite praying five times daily. The Christians keeps attending Shiloh, Redeem Camp e.t.c yearly but no meaningful changes occurs in their lives while their mega pastors keeps building universities, estates and enjoying worldly riches. Pastor enjoying material things in life and telling you to make heaven for your own enjoyment. Are you not super dumb? While Islam and other religions has their flaws, i think every state should follow the Kaduna model by reforming and licensing those mentally deranged bastards parading as pastors/imams.
ARE YOU SPEAKING OUT YOUR HATRED TOWARDS CHRISTIAN OR WHAT? WE KNOW MANY OF YOU, ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, IF YOU LIKE, CAN ENJOY ON EARTH AND SUFFER IN HEAVEN. JUST MIND YOUR DEADLY RELIGION.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by trinity11(m): 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2019
iammo:
smiley

This bill needs to be passed into law by all 36 state and the Federal Government of Nigeria. Any congreagation of 20 or more people be it Christian, Muslim or Traditionlist must receive a license to preach from the goverment after passing pschological evaluation, and his Preaching notes and agenda must be reviewed by an inter-religious council consisting of Top Pastors ,Imam and Traditionalist. Again each cleric must be made to know how loud he can be... sound measured in debicle

To pacify our christian brothers and show its non partisanship El'rufal should endeavour to sanction atleast 10 non conplaint Islamic cleric.

I have always maintained it that whichever state is first to tax religious organization would be the richest in Nigeria if not west Africa,, Roman Emperor knows this that's why they don't joke with Catholic, The Saudi Royal family knows this and control all Hajj related business

I took my time to read and decode your post, not bad I must say, but your second paragraph is a total turn off, it lacks practical analysis like that of some posters above.
Now a simple question for you, take a close look at the personality of El-rufai/APC government, Now can you verge on anything you hold sacrid that they will uphold this bill with "Equity" if passed into law now relate your answer to your second paragraph.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by forgiveness: 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2019
BluntBoy:

The bill (if it becomes law) would settle that.

State law? Useless.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by sageer1706(m): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
We need this bill in Nigeria... it's a very good development.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by BluntBoy(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2019
forgiveness:

State law? Useless.

State law is useless?

Seems you don't know how state laws work.

There are three tiers of government: Federal, State and Local governments and provisions are made for each in the constitution.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by muhdfaruq(m): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
oluwaahmed:
This is exactly what the world doesn't like about Muslims. When they are in minority they require special status but once they are in majority they do away with existing laws and impose their religion for others to follow. That is why there is rising hate crime against them in the west cos people now see them for who they are. If elrufai had passed a bill banning display of loudspeakers outside religious buildings then fine, but the whole idea of doing it to churches and requesting permission to preach especially from pastors outside the state is nothing but a subtle jihad. The constitution gives people the right to freely move around and associate within Nigeria. U can pass laws that ban noise pollution in your state don't limit it to churches.
mr man,elrufa'i did not talk about noice pollution or the using of loud speaker,what he means is that being an imam or pastor,you have to be registered by the state government.pls read it well before you comment
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by forgiveness: 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2019
BluntBoy:

State law is useless?

Seems you don't know how state laws work.

There are three tiers of government: Federal, State and Local governments and provisions are made for each in the constitution.

State law has limit. It is useless in regards to this subject.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by BluntBoy(m): 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2019
forgiveness:

State law has limit. It is useless in regards to this subject.

Every law has limits, as indeed every right. That is why we have the judiciary to interpret the law.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by iammo(m): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2019
trinity11:
I took my time to read and decode your post, not bad I must say, but your last paragraph is a total turn off, it lacks practical analysis like that of some posters above.
Now a simple question for you, take a close look at the personality of El-rufai/APC government, Now can you verge on anything you hold sacrid that they will uphold this bill with "Equity" if passed into law now relate your answer to your last paragraph.

The good part of the bill is El'rufai won't enforce or execute it, an inter-religous council constituted of imam and pastor would.. it's similar to the institute of peace and conflict resolution Abuja.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by muhdfaruq(m): 3:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
BluntBoy:

That was how Boko Haram came about. Enjoying freedom to preach religious extremism.

Many of you think that freedom is limitless. You do not understand that we also have the law which ensures to check our freedom and establish limits.

Yes, there is freedom, but this freedom is still decided by the law, which means you can't really do what you like.

You can't just take a drive or walk in the middle night just because you feel like?
That's true,boko haram started like play like play because they were given too much freedom of speech.So i support the bill 100%.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by forgiveness: 3:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
BluntBoy:

Every law has limits, as indeed every right. That is why we have the judiciary to interpret the law.

Hence, anyone arrested for no just cost should sue the state government to court. Chikena.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Iykenuwa(m): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:
I am a Christian but I like the bill.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by BluntBoy(m): 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2019
forgiveness:

Hence, anyone arrested for no just cost should sue the state government to court. Chikena.

It depends on what you mean by just cause

Most of the time, it depends on how the law interprets it.

For instance, a rape victim may think she has a just cause for killing her rapist, but it doesn't mean the law would agree and not sentence her for murder.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Offsetj: 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2019
kmcutez:

That paragraph made me laugh. I will rather put my trust in El Rufai than a dead imaginary Christian God. Lol.

El Rufai can and will wipe out the whole Christian population in Kaduna, while they be waiting on a dead God to come and save them. I laugh in tongues.

As much as I may not like how pastors are turning Christianity into a family business in Nigeria,I must say the truth that GOD'S NOT DEAD nd his surely ALIVE...it all depends on if you want to believe in his existence personally in your on way as the ALMIGHTY...rather than what others may try oriente you about...thats why I don't go/believe in the today's version of the Nigerian church because most of them are all going astray from the truth and thats why we have more unrepentant believers in the church today than the truly repentant ones...because the pastors of today's church is preaching about what brings business to the church and not what save souls...
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by BluntBoy(m): 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2019
muhdfaruq:
That's true,boko haram started like play like play because they were given too much freedom of speech.So i support the bill 100%.

Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Iykenuwa(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:
I am [i]foolish and [/i]I like the bill.

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by ollah2: 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
Obere4u:
Everyone focusing on Christianity and forgetting that the bill implies to both Christianity and Islam.

A good bill if you ask me. But the implementation will be the problem.

i have been waiting to read a comment like this but not everyone, it's the christians. They are loaded with lies, intolerance, bigotry and hate. This bill cut across every religion in Kaduna but as usual it's the christians that will be crying victims. A pastor is always issuing death threats, the zombified, gullible, hated filled, stvpid, christians are already attacking muslims and islam. These are the christians that claim to be tolerant and peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by ajumma(m): 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
Grace001:
Mr Pastor keep that threat to yourself or to your member who refuse to pay tithe, nothing will happen to El-Rufai... You mean El-Rufai should allow more business centers like this in the picture below in his state, so they can use mighty speakers to disturb the peace of the community all in the name of Religion.

El-Rufai want to encourage more industries/factories, not business centers that will milk dry the poor Christians all in the name of miracle. If you want to build a factory in the state I'm sure you will get the FULL support of the state government on that.

Enough of all this nuisance all in the name of religion, I give El-Rufai thump up for this.

Dont mind those confused fellow....The man is try to sanitize the state of religion violence and hatred speech
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by sevo(m): 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
The short man devil has returned from his evil rest to cause more trouble for kaduna-ians!!!

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
BluntBoy:

That was how Boko Haram came about. Enjoying freedom to preach religious extremism.

Many of you think that freedom is limitless. You do not understand that we also have the law which ensures to check our freedom and establish limits.

Yes, there is freedom, but this freedom is still decided by the law, which means you can't really do what you like.

You can't just take a drive or walk in the middle night just because you feel like?

What kind of a society are we turning into if someone needs a license to express their political or religious views. Yes, extremist views cannot be tolerated as it impacts us all, but what happened to preaching, be it either Christian or Islam.
El rufai is a dictator like the senile cretin who occupies aso rock, and am vexed greatly that he is the governor of my state, KD.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by oruma19: 3:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
GreyLaw:

How won't you like the bill? You just attend church. Do you really know what being a believer in Christ means, and the attendant responsibility? Do you really know that in the last days believers in Christ will be persecuted under every guise -- both overtly and covertly?

Here you are liking a bill you don't understand the hydra-headed ramifications it will take in a few years from now.
if u know believers will be persecuted why are u against persecution? Or is it the nonsense u preach everywhere that u prefer (mediocre Christians preaching tithes and firstfruits without salvation). If u want to serve God pls serve God. Christians never used to suffer like this until all these yahoo pastors took over the game and started spewing trash in Jesus' name. This is why fanatical Muslims don't respect Christianity again because Christians lack spiritual power, they just are after money. Shame. Meanwhile elrufai will surely suffer for all this nonsense he is doing but we don't know the time because we are not God.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by ollah2: 3:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
oluwaahmed:
This is exactly what the world doesn't like about Muslims. When they are in minority they require special status but once they are in majority they do away with existing laws and impose their religion for others to follow. That is why there is rising hate crime against them in the west cos people now see them for who they are. If elrufai had passed a bill banning display of loudspeakers outside religious buildings then fine, but the whole idea of doing it to churches and requesting permission to preach especially from pastors outside the state is nothing but a subtle jihad. The constitution gives people the right to freely move around and associate within Nigeria. U can pass laws that ban noise pollution in your state don't limit it to churches.

Keep shut and keep your hate to yourself. Suddenly Muslims are the majority in kaduna, weren't you guys analyzing how El Rufai can't win his reelection bid without a christian VP since the state is divided in equal halves between the two religions? Bunch of confused and bigoted hypocrites. Is this law for only Christians or every religion in kaduna? Why do you guys like victimizing yourself in every scenario? Why always lie and rant?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by ollah2: 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
Bidobado1:

What kind of a society are we turning into if someone needs a license to express their political or religious views. Yes, extremist views cannot be tolerated as it impacts us all, but what happened to preaching, be it either Christian or Islam.
El rufai is a dictator like the senile cretin who occupies aso rock, and am vexed greatly that he is the governor of my state, KD.

You must either be a kid or a brainless religious bigot
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Oxb90: 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
Barney11:
I am a Christian but I like the bill.
pls can you explain why you like the bill
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by ajumma(m): 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
In as much as i hate that Dwarf. The bill must stand!! You dey earn millions of Naira through offering /tithes collection yet you no wan pay Tax. Isn't that scam. If they had been taxing all religious bodies i doubt if there'd be too many churches/mosques out there littering everywhere like filling station.

The bill is ok
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by chibuzorAbia: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2019
forgiveness:
The Constitution stipulated freedom of thought, speech and religion hence overrides this Kaduna state law. If one is arrested for preaching the gospel, it can be contested in the temple of justice. Chikena.

The constitution guarantees freedon of though, speech and religion NOT freedom to disturb and preach!
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by forgiveness: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2019
BluntBoy:

It depends on what you mean by just cause

Most of the time, it depends on how the law interprets it.

For instance, a rape victim may think she has a just cause for killing her rapist, but it doesn't mean the law would agree and not sentence her for murder.

Nigeria is a signatory to the International Human rights treaties and besides, it is enshrined in the 1999 constitution. Therefore, the freedom of speech, religion and associate stands.
Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by trinity11(m): 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
iammo:

The good part of the bill is El'rufai won't enforce or execute it, an inter-religous council constituted of imam and pastor would.. it's similar to the institute of peace and conflict resolution Abuja.

And when this inter religious council execute this law, the offenders will still be prosecuted within the confined of that particular state. las las the governors still hold the number one office of that state. those boko haram terrorist that were apprehended, are they still in the police custody?

sorry to deviate, but I like your great sence of humor. do you remember when el-rufai claimed to have paid some lunatics of just to stop killing? what we learnt from that is Elrufai knew those guys but shielded them from prosecution, if those guys were christian organization do you think Elrufai would have done the same thing?

we know other Muslims who are not extremely religious or divisive like elrufai.

I have no problem with the bill, as a matter of fact I share almost the same view with you on this, but coming out from that Kaduna governor, no no no no. There must be sinister motives.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
ollah2:

You must either be a kid or a brainless religious bigot

I know for a fact that you are the child of a Fvcking Wh0re.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buratai Hosts Soldiers To Easter Luncheon (Photos) / Pictures Of Lawan And Amaechi At Tinubu's Campaign Flag-off Yesterday / Kenneth Okonkwo Addresses Supporters Of Obi-Datti At Abuja Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.