Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,129 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:06 AM

My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC (28145 Views)

The 331 MPH Car Speed Record Controversy / It's Medically Wrong To Use The AC Just Immediately You Enter Your Hot Car / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by erico2k2(m): 7:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
okosodo:
It's is normal for speed to reduce when ac is turned on. Try warming your engine before moving
It is not normal.
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by pluto123: 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
go see your mechanic pls!
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by erico2k2(m): 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
HarunaWest:

change the catalyst
Jesus is Lord

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:
I always have this unpleasant experience anytime I switch on my AC (Hyundai Accent 2008).At times in traffic the car stops completely,I have to switch OFF the car then ON it back.

Can anyone help with the possible solution.

Thanks
you need to replace your engine.

3 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
Use hand fan pls
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by erico2k2(m): 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
PHIPEX:
I had similar experience but the catalyst was the cause, though it wasn't as serious as you described. Your catalyst could be blocked.
SO it blocks when the AC goes ON and Unblock when the AC goes off grin grin grin grin
Bross Bross

2 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by erico2k2(m): 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:
I always have this unpleasant experience anytime I switch on my AC (Hyundai Accent 2008).At times in traffic the car stops completely,I have to switch OFF the car then ON it back.

Thanks
Change your Engine.Best advice, if not you will just dash ur money down the drain
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by StevenOba: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2019
It has happened to me once change the colour of your car to green and witness the next level grin. But you have to do this before April 1st 2020. Pele.
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by flowx(m): 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2019
In short, your car is sailing why driving it. Check the catalyst. The catalyst is failing.

1 Like

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Caseless: 8:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
post=77208065:
We got this online for you OP.
(Quora).
Hope it gives you a better understanding.....
brilliant!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lakside1955:
That's why I always prefer someone to go for a good grade car, all this 400,000 car won't help lipsrsealed

That's not a Nice word...Even if you use a presumed better one.? We can learn from this particular issue...

2 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:

The engine was ringed recently.I always have issue with the car jacking and vibrating as if the plugs are bad.I recently changed the plugs,service the engine but the situation remains the same . For the 1st 7 minutes of driving,hardly experience any issue.After sometime the car starts misbehaving and get worst if the AC is on.

I'm just tired cry cry
Go flush the injector noodle with the flush chemical, flush all noozles.
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Karemarealty288(m): 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:

The engine was ringed recently.I always have issue with the car jacking and vibrating as if the plugs are bad.I recently changed the plugs,service the engine but the situation remains the same . For the 1st 7 minutes of driving,hardly experience any issue.After sometime the car starts misbehaving and get worst if the AC is on.

I'm just tired cry cry

Check the coils, service the nozzle, check plugs ,change oil and thank me later..
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
Caseless:
brilliant!
Yes bros.
Quora is always reliable!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by somez(m): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
Try change you plug coil
lwise:

I'm just tired cry cry
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by IjebuWarrior: 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
HarunaWest:

change the catalyst

You mean Catalytic Converter!

2 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by erico2k2(m): 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2019
post=77208065:
We got this online for you OP.
(Quora).
Hope it gives you a better understanding.....
whoever posted that crap on quora needs their head examined or better still it was done in a different context, Power and speed are two different entity. A tractor has more power than a racing car but which is faster angry angry
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
Yakeeboy:

Thanks I always have this unpleasant experience anytime I switch on my AC (Hyundai Accent 2008).At times in traffic the car stops completely,I have to switch OFF the car then ON it back.

Thanks bro go and buy Benz! All these Japanese cars will always give you headache. Since I have been using my Benz I have not visited the mechanic for once despite traveling with the car every time. Since I have dropped all these Japanese cars I have said no to mechanics.
Benz is a sophisticated machine, No be Japanese mate but Japanese and Korean cars are life saver especially for the low/middle income earners.

1 Like

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Karemarealty288(m): 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2019
Yakeeboy:

Thanks I always have this unpleasant experience anytime I switch on my AC (Hyundai Accent 2008).At times in traffic the car stops completely,I have to switch OFF the car then ON it back.

Thanks bro go and buy Benz! All these Japanese cars will always give you headache. Since I have been using my Benz I have not visited the mechanic for once despite traveling with the car every time. Since I have dropped all these Japanese cars I have said no to mechanics.

Maybe your Benz is V-boot ... grin cos if you are using any Benz from 2014 you should know that rainy season is not a very good season for it. Cos of the electronic starring rack which is above 1mil, and also delicate.
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2019
HarunaWest:

change the catalyst
Makes sense but if catalyst was that clogged it wouldn't even start after throwing code for such a long time plus excess fuel consumption however, op didn't say none of that.
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Greystone: 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:

I'm just tired cry cry

Changed rings?
You need a new engine
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
SarkinYarki:
dude that car is more than 10 years old and has lost almost all it's compression and engine has exceeded 150k KMs in mileage
Are you trying to say his engine block is worn or his piston rings are lol

1 Like

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Olifiz(m): 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
If you changed your top gasket due to over heating. Or mayb your belt. Make sure the car is well timed (timing belt).

1 Like

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Caseless: 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
post=77209928:

Yes bros.
Quora is always reliable!
that place is everything.

1 Like

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by cyborg123(m): 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
This is likely a timing belt issue. Assuming fuel pump, coils and plugs have been checked.
I'm also assuming the ringing was properly done.

1 Like

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by verifiablefacts: 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:

Thanks
the engine speed doesn't compensate for the additional load(AC).May be your AC has been worked on wrongly.
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2019
Caseless:
that place is everything.
Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
ikennaf1:
Maybe the car is one of the cars from flooding
this is a mechanical fault, flooded cars issues are prone to electrical faults and ECU issues bla bla bla.
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by xperiencelove(m): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
My car also jerks a lot and when I in the AC, it became worse for 5 weeks without knowing what is malfunctioning. I bought new fuel filter not knowing that it was only #500 plug wire that is bad. Thought I keep the filter I removed.
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by erico2k2(m): 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
Karemarealty288:

Maybe your Benz is V-boot ... grin cos if you are using any Benz from 2014 you should know that rainy season is not a very good season for it. Cos of the electronic starring rack which is above 1mil, and also delicate.
what steering rack does Toyota muscles 2014 and Hyundai pose?
Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by Bjornson01(m): 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
Hyundai Accent 2008 right? grin grin dude that car came with a meagerly 110 grass eating ponies from the factory at 6000 rpm, and with Nigerian use I doubt if the engine can still give out 75 Hp, I'll advice you get a modern car with at least 2 litres of engine displacement if you want to be enjoying AC all the time.

1 Like

Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
Greystone:

Changed rings?
You need a new engine
He sure does

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jebba - Mokwa Road. Where are the contractors / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic / See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.