Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,652 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms (4843 Views)

My Fiancee Jokingly Said She Will Separate Me And My Brother When We Get Married / Two Rooms Sharing One Air Conditioner In A Hotel (Photos, Video) / Why Are Guys Afraid Of Sleeping In A Lady's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Preciousgirl(f): 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
Is it good that a man and his wife stay in separate bedrooms in the same apartments?
What are the pros and cons?
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by adontcare(f): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
Preciousgirl:
Is it good that a man and his wife stay in separate bedrooms in the same apartments?
it is good when the man is a chronic abuser and hateful in nature so as to avoid story that touch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
if they dont get along then separate bedrooms is the best way to pretend that they are still happily married.

3 Likes

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by sexy74(m): 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
adontcare:
it is good when the man is a chronic abuser and hateful in nature so as to avoid story that touch.
What happens if the woman is the one that does all you mentioned?
learn to answer questions without sentiments.
Say yes if good and no if not .

24 Likes

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Iamicekid(m): 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2019
adontcare:

So why get married in the first place.. Nigeria girls and let me sha hook him down he will change after like a year or 2 of marriage all my friends are Married till the guy kill am

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2019
Preciousgirl:

it's not good, sound sleep comes when you feel someone's presence besides you

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by joceey(m): 5:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
Nothing bad about that will not want to distrub my wife with my midnight prayers and alot of things also
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by joceey(m): 5:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

Sleep never catch you grin

27 Likes

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by dregmaster: 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2019
It will take more time to settle quarrels. Sleeping on the same bed creates opportunity to reconcile since couples will only be an arm's length away. Note that quarrel is part of marital life. It is how it is addressed that shortens or prolongs marriage.

14 Likes

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Bluezy13(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2019
Dunno about others, but...

No matter how wealthy I'll get or the number of rooms I'll have in my house, that woman must sleep by my side.
We might have study rooms etc but the fact remains that i must wake up with her by my side in the morning. Unless otherwise duty demands she stays awake.

You better get it into your head before we marry.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Preciousgirl(f): 7:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
Bluezy13:
Dunno about others, but...

No matter how wealthy I'll get or the number of rooms I'll have in my house, that woman must sleep by my side.
We might have study rooms etc but the fact remains that i must wake up with her by my side in the morning. Unless otherwise duty demands she stays awake.

You better get it into your head before we marry.

Your reasons?
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by flokii: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
Why would anyone want to do that? where is the fun then in the marriage?

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by adontcare(f): 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2019
sexy74:

What happens if the woman is the one that does all you mentioned?
learn to answer questions without sentiments.
Say yes if good and no if not .
same goes to the woman. Mr sentiment undecided
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Biglittlelois(f): 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
Here to learn.....cos I like sleeping alone.
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Ablemax(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2019
Can only sleep in another room when she on her period
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

... even if that other person snores like a train wreck?!

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by sexy74(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
adontcare:
Ok Miss know all grin
adontcare:
Ok Miss know all
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Bluezy13(m): 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
Preciousgirl:

Your reasons?

Many.
It gives room for discussions and problem solving.

It creates an euphoria of closeness, an atmosphere of sense of belonging and commitment.

It generates the mentality of oneness, of togetherness, of two halves making up a whole.

It allows rooms for missing someone when one's partner is not around.

It allows easy access to sexual satisfaction and romance. I wouldn't want to stress myself going to my woman's room for pleasure. I can swing and kiss her anytime in the room.

It commands respect from family members, most especially when there are empty room(s) available.

It sends strong message of marital values to people.
I always respect husband and wife sharing one room ,than separate rooms.
Because there is always this atmosphere of "they are too formal to be together that's why they are separated.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Bluezy13(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Should have known that before you married the person.
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
Bluezy13:
Should have known that before you married the person.

as much as there are many things you can know before marriage, snoring certainly aint one of them. to do so you would have to spend the night with that person and many (even though they have sex together) dont sleep the whole night together.
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Bluezy13(m): 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

as much as there are many things you can know before marriage, snoring certainly aint one of them. to do so you would have to spend the night with that person and many (even though they have sex together) dont sleep the whole night together.

Then put the blame on no one.

If your partner snores and you can't take it, mutually seek a remedy, of which sleeping in separate rooms is not one of them.
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
Bluezy13:

Then put the blame on no one.

If your partner snores and you can't take it, mutually seek a remedy, of which sleeping in separate rooms is not one of them.

in the contrary, snoring would be one reason why i would understand a couple loving one another but sleeping in separate rooms.

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by aanuoluwami14(f): 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

manage it grin grin
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by aanuoluwami14(f): 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
joceey:

Sleep never catch you grin
grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Herdsmen: 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
She has her room ..but we sleep together.. Most time..

I like my privacy.. spreading on the bed like sheet.. grin.. give me time for midnight reflection..walking from room to room to see how everyone doing while they're asleep.

We don't share room..don't really like the idea of seeing women stuffs in my room..either wify or kids...

Think is not cool sleeping with your wife same room all-time..
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Divay22(f): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
Might not be that separate. But lemme have a room to myself where i can talk to myself.
As an introverted being, my space is my sanity.
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by ImaIma1(f): 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

And when you can put your leg on the someone's body and sleep cheesy
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by ImaIma1(f): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
Divay22:
Might not be that separate. But lemme have a room to myself where i can talk to myself.
As an introverted being, my space is my sanity.

When you get married, you give up "my", "myself" "me", for "we" "ourselves" "our".

4 Likes

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by drharry: 12:13am On Apr 03, 2019
ImaIma1:

When you get married, you give up "my", "myself" "me", for "we" "ourselves" "our".

Marriage is for oneness, but that does not mean each spouse has same likes, profession etc. Staying in same or separate rooms is just for convenience and choice. Nothing more. You can as well say, husband and wife should always, work in same office, wear the same clothes, bath together etc.. If I have a duplex , then my wife can stay in any room, but if na two bedroom flat and you get 5children then wifey has no choice but stay with husband in one room..

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by ImaIma1(f): 2:34am On Apr 03, 2019
drharry:

Marriage is for oneness, but that does not mean each spouse has same likes, profession etc. Staying in same or separate rooms is just for convenience and choice. Nothing more. You can as well say, husband and wife should always, work in same office, wear the same clothes, bath together etc.. If I have a duplex , then my wife can stay in any room, but if na two bedroom flat and you get 5children then wifey has no choice but stay with husband in one room..

We don't lose our identity in marriage. Off course we have our different likes and activities. What i mean is that when you get married, it is no longer all about you. You have to put the other person into consideration before making decisions or major moves.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by Nobody: 5:06am On Apr 03, 2019
As long as both parties agree... I wouldn't mind either way undecided
Re: Couple Sleeping In Separate Rooms by DankemzI(m): 6:16am On Apr 03, 2019
It's very bad for couples to live in separate rooms.
They grow apart

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Last Did You Use Condom?? (Raw4life) / I'm In Love With Two Women, I Dont Know Which One To Pick / Can I Trust A Guy Who Does This? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.