Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,076 members, 7,957,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

Why I Quit Being A Muslim - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Quit Being A Muslim (5240 Views)

A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 11, 2010
bashy_demy:

This toba self you never cease to amaze me and can you pls show me in the Holy Quran where its says 72 virgin, pls dont tell me na person talk am and na this and that ooo go straight to the Verse if not then you have to be send back to where you are clown from
I asked a question. Honestly ur English is devastating&desersterous. It high time u started posting in other lang other than anglais. May be arabic or francais. Tu parle francais?
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Rooneyboy(m): 3:03am On Sep 11, 2010
Christianity and islam ! Should it be a debate ? Even the blind can see and the deaf can hear that it is a black and white religion respectively ,we all know where we belong.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by okunoba(m): 3:52am On Sep 11, 2010
Al-Ma'arri was skeptic in his beliefs and denounced superstition and dogmatism in religion. Thus, he has been described as a pessimistic freethinker[3]
Al-Ma'arri taught that religion was a “fable invented by the ancients,”[4] worthless except for those who exploit the credulous masses.[4] In al Ma'arri's lifetime, many Caliphates had appeared in Egypt, Baghdad, and Aleppo, which had all used religion as a tool to justify their power.[5] He rejected the claims of Islam as well as other religions stating:
Do not suppose the statements of the prophets to be true; they are all fabrications. Men lived comfortably till they came and spoiled life. The sacred books are only such a set of idle tales as any age could have and indeed did actually produce.[6]
Al-Ma'arri criticized many of the dogmas of Islam, such as the Hajj, which he called, “a heathen’s journey.”[7]
One of his poems expresses his views:
They all err - Muslims, Christians, Jews, and Magians:
Two make Humanity's universal sect:
One man intelligent without religion,
And, one religious without intellect.[8][9]
He rejected claims of any divine revelation.[10] His creed was that of a philosopher and ascetic, for whom reason provides a moral guide, and virtue is its own reward.[11]
[edit]Works
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2010
toba so pe mi ogbo oyinbo eba mi toba pe se oyinbo gbo yoruba
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2010
bashy_demy:

toba so pe mi ogbo oyinbo eba mi toba pe se oyinbo gbo yoruba
shi o. U no fit write for yoruba sef. Well i will leave u alone,becos u are an elderly person. U go don clock 60 years by now
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2010
* Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar (Sharmon Shah) - former NBA player[3]
* Abel Xavier - former Portuguese professional footballer converted to Islam with his new name Faisal.[4]
* Abu Tammam - 9th century Arab poet born to Christian parents.[5]
* Abu Usamah - American-born Imam of Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham, UK.Accused of preaching messages of hate towards non-Muslims in a UK Television documentary.[6]
* Adam Gadahn (born Adam Pearlman) - al-Qaeda English language spokesman. Homeschooled Christian.[7]
* Addas - Companion of the prophet Muhammad during his time. One of the earliest Christian convert to Islam.
* Adi ibn Hatim - Companion of the prophet Muhammad during his time.
* Ahmad Rashād - Emmy award-winning sportscaster (mostly with NBC Sports) and former American football wide receiver.[8][9]
* Ahmed Santos - Filipino, fugitive, founder of the Rajah Solaiman Movement & suspected by Filipino authorities to be an Al Qaeda operative converted from Catholicism[10][11][12]
* Ahmad Thomson - British barrister and writer and also a member of the Murabitun movement.[13]
* Akhenaton - French rapper and producer of French hip hop.[14]
* Alexander Litvinenko - former FSB officer converted to Islam on his deathbed.[15][16]
* Alexander Russell Webb - Former Presbyterian.[17] American journalist, newspaper owner, and former Consul-General of the U.S.A. in the Philippines.[18][19]
* André Carson - former Baptist,[20] second Muslim to serve the United States Congress.[21]
* Art Blakey - American Jazz musician[22]
* Aukai Collins - fought in Chechnya, paid FBI informant, author of an autobiographical book[23]
* Anthony Mundine - former Australian rugby league player for the St George Illawarra Dragons and now a boxer

B

* Benjamin Chavis - controversial former head of the NAACP; joined the Nation of Islam.
* Bernard Hopkins - American boxer[24]
* Betty Shabazz - wife of Malcolm X; former Methodist.[25]
* Bilal Philips - Islamic scholar and author[26]
* Bruno Metsu - French coach of the Senegal team at the 2002 FIFA World Cup[27]
* Bryant Neal Vinas - participated in and supported al-Qaeda plots in Afghanistan and the U.S., and helped al-Qaeda plan a bomb attack on the LIRR[28]

C

* Camilia Shehata Zakher The wife of Tadros Samaan, Bishop of the Church of Saint Mark, Mowas Cathedral, Minya.
* Colleen LaRose - American citizen charged with terrorism-related crimes
* Chris Eubank - British boxer[29]
* Claude Alexandre de Bonneval or Humbaracı Ahmet Paşa is 18th century French nobleman.[30]
* Count Cassius- Visigothic aristocrat who founded the Banu Qasi dynasty of Muladi rulers.[31]

D

* Daniel Maldonado - American Islamist convicted in the United States on charges of training with al-Qaida in East Africa. Raised Catholic.[32]
* Daniel Streich - former member of the right-wing party, Swiss People's Party
* Danny Thompson - English double bass player converted from Catholicism.[33]
* Danny Williams - British boxer[34]
* David Belfield - American, fled to Iran after assassinating Ali Akbar Tabatabai, an Iranian dissident.[35]
* David Benjamin Keldani, a former Catholic priest.
* Dave Chappelle - comedian and television star [36]
* Dawud Wharnsby-Ali (David Wharnsby) - Canadian singer/poet.[37][38]

E

* Elsa Kazi - German writer of one-act plays, short stories, novels and history, and one of the greatest poets of her time.
* Éric Abidal (changed his name to Bilal) - French football player, currently playing for FC Barcelona, converted to Islam after marriage.[39]
* Everlast - Rapper from the Irish-American hip-hop group House of Pain, converted From Catholicism.[40]

F

* Franck Ribéry- a French football player. His name after he converted to Islam is Bilal.[41]

G

* Gabriele Torsello - Italian freelance photojournalist based in London who was abducted in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.[42]
* Gauhar Jaan-British-Indian Singer.[43]
* George XI of Kartli - Saffavid commander.[44]

http://wapedia.mobi/en/List_of_notable_converts_to_Islam
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by aletheia(m): 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2010
vedaxcool:

* Abu Usamah - American-born Imam of Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham, UK.Accused of preaching messages of hate towards non-Muslims in a UK Television documentary. [6]
    * Adam Gadahn (born Adam Pearlman) - al-Qaeda English language spokesman. Homeschooled Christian. [7]
    * Ahmed Santos - Filipino, fugitive, founder of the Rajah Solaiman Movement & suspected by Filipino authorities to be an Al Qaeda operative converted from Catholicism [10] [11] [12]
    * Aukai Collins - fought in Chechnya, paid FBI informant, author of an autobiographical book [23]
    B
     * Bryant Neal Vinas - participated in and supported al-Qaeda plots in Afghanistan and the U.S., and helped al-Qaeda plan a bomb attack on the LIRR [28]
^^Violence. . .the fruit of Islam. Why did you end your list prematurely? Is it because an examination of it shows the high preponderance of violent men and terrorists on it?

vedaxcool:

* Alexander Litvinenko - former FSB officer converted to Islam on his deathbed. [15] [16]
^^Islam does not accept the validity of deathbed conversions, so. . .amounts to padding out your list.

vedaxcool:

* Benjamin Chavis - controversial former head of the NAACP; joined the Nation of Islam.
^^Nation of Islam is not considered to be truly Muslim. So are you clutching at straws to seek to validate your idolatrous religion of al-ilah Hubal (Allah)?
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2010
Becoming Muslim - by Nuh Ha Mim Keller
"I studied philosophy at the university and it taught me to ask two things of whoever claimed to have the truth: What do you mean, and how do you know? When I asked these questions of my own religious tradition, I found no answers, and realized that Christianity had slipped from my hands."
The story of American former Catholic, Nuh Ha Mim Keller, who in the 25 years since his conversion has gone on to become one of the leading contemporary scholars of Islam.

Born in 1954 in the farm country of the northwestern United States, I was raised in a religious family as a Roman Catholic. The Church provided a spiritual world that was unquestionable in my childhood, if anything more real than the physical world around me, but as I grew older, and especially after I entered a Catholic university and read more, my relation to the religion became increasingly called into question, in belief and practice.

One reason was the frequent changes in Catholic liturgy and ritual that occurred in the wake of the Second Vatican Council of 1963, suggesting to laymen that the Church had no firm standards. To one another, the clergy spoke about flexibility and liturgical relevance, but to ordinary Catholics they seemed to be groping in the dark. God does not change, nor the needs of the human soul, and there was no new revelation from heaven. Yet we rang in the changes, week after week, year after year; adding, subtracting, changing the language from Latin to English, finally bringing in guitars and folk music. Priests explained and explained as laymen shook their heads. The search for relevance left large numbers convinced that there had not been much in the first place.

A second reason was a number of doctrinal difficulties, such as the doctrine of the Trinity, which no one in the history of the world, neither priest nor layman, had been able to explain in a convincing way, and which resolved itself, to the common mind at least, in a sort of godhead-by-committee, shared between God the Father, who ruled the world from heaven; His son Jesus Christ, who saved humanity on earth; and the Holy Ghost, who was pictured as a white dove and appeared to have a considerably minor role. I remember wanting to make special friends with just one of them so he could handle my business with the others, and to this end, would sometimes pray earnestly to this one and sometimes to that; but the other two were always stubbornly there. I finally decided that God the Father must be in charge of the other two, and this put the most formidable obstacle in the way of my Catholicism, the divinity of Christ. Moreover, reflection made it plain that the nature of man contradicted the nature of God in every particular, the limitary and finite on the one hand, the absolute and infinite on the other. That Jesus was God was something I cannot remember having ever really believed, in childhood or later.

Another point of incredulity was the trading of the Church in stocks and bonds in the hereafter which it called indulgences. Do such and such and so-and-so many years will be remitted from your sentence in purgatory. That had seemed so false to Martin Luther at the outset of the Reformation.

I also remember a desire for a sacred scripture, something on the order of a book that could furnish guidance. A Bible was given to me one Christmas, a handsome edition, but on attempting to read it, I found it so rambling and devoid of a coherent thread that it was difficult to think of a way to base one's life upon it. Only later did I learn how Christians solve the difficulty in practice, Protestants by creating sectarian theologies, each emphasizing the texts of their sect and downplaying the rest; Catholics by downplaying it all, except the snippets mentioned in their liturgy. Something seemed lacking in a sacred book that could not be read as an integral whole.

Moreover, when I went to the university, I found that the authenticity of the book, especially the New Testament, had come into considerable doubt as a result of modern hermeneutical studies by Christians themselves. In a course on contemporary theology, I read the Norman Perrin translation of The Problem of the Historical Jesus by Joachim Jeremias, one of the principal New Testament scholars of this century. A textual critic who was a master of the original languages and had spent long years with the texts, he had finally agreed with the German theologian Rudolph Bultmann that, without a doubt, it is true to say that the dream of ever writing a biography of Jesus is over, meaning that the life of Christ as he actually lived it could not be reconstructed from the New Testament with any degree of confidence. If this were accepted from a friend of Christianity and one of its foremost textual experts, I reasoned, what was left for its enemies to say? And what then remained of the Bible except to acknowledge that it was a record of truths mixed with fictions, conjectures projected onto Christ by later followers, themselves at odds with each other as to who the master had been and what he had taught. And if theologians like Jeremias could reassure themselves that somewhere under the layers of later accretions to the New Testament there was something called the historical Jesus and his message, how could the ordinary person hope to find it, or know it, should it be found?I studied philosophy at the university and it taught me to ask two things of whoever claimed to have the truth: What do you mean, and how do you know? When I asked these questions of my own religious tradition, I found no answers, and realized that Christianity had slipped from my hands. I then embarked on a search that is perhaps not unfamiliar to many young people in the West, a quest for meaning in a meaningless world.
I began where I had lost my previous belief, with the philosophers, yet wanting to believe, seeking not philosophy, but rather a philosophy. I read the essays of the great pessimist Arthur Schopenhauer, which taught about the phenomenon of the ages of life, and that money, fame, physical strength, and intelligence all passed from one with the passage of years, but only moral excellence remained. I took this lesson to heart and remembered it in after years. His essays also drew attention to the fact that a person was wont to repudiate in later years what he fervently espouses in the heat of youth. With a prescient wish to find the Divine, I decided to imbue myself with the most cogent arguments of atheism that I could find, that perhaps I might find a way out of them later. So I read the Walter Kaufmann translations of the works of the immoralist Friedrich Nietzsche. The many-faceted genius dissected the moral judgments and beliefs of mankind with brilliant philological and psychological arguments that ended in accusing human language itself, and the language of nineteenth-century science in particular, of being so inherently determined and mediated by concepts inherited from the language of morality that in their present form they could never hope to uncover reality. Aside from their immunological value against total skepticism, Nietzsche's works explained why the West was post-Christian, and accurately predicted the unprecedented savagery of the twentieth century, debunking the myth that science could function as a moral replacement for the now dead religion.
At a personal level, his tirades against Christianity, particularly in The Genealogy of Morals, gave me the benefit of distilling the beliefs of the monotheistic tradition into a small number of analyzable forms. He separated unessential concepts (such as the bizarre spectacle of an omnipotent deity's suicide on the cross) from essential ones, which I now, though without believing in them, apprehended to be but three alone: that God existed; that He created man in the world and defined the conduct expected of him in it; and that He would judge man accordingly in the hereafter and send him to eternal reward or punishment.
It was during this time that I read an early translation of the Koran which I grudgingly admired, between agnostic reservations, for the purity with which it presented these fundamental concepts. Even if false, I thought, there could not be a more essential expression of religion. As a literary work, the translation, perhaps it was Sales, was uninspired and openly hostile to its subject matter, whereas I knew the Arabic original was widely acknowledged for its beauty and eloquence among the religious books of mankind. I felt a desire to learn Arabic to read the original.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2010
Many other things passed through my mind during the months I stayed in Egypt to learn Arabic. I found myself thinking that a man must have some sort of religion, and I was more impressed by the effect of Islam on the lives of Muslims, a certain nobility of purpose and largesse of soul, than I had ever been by any other religions or even atheisms effect on its followers. The Muslims seemed to have more than we did.

Christianity had its good points to be sure, but they seemed mixed with confusions, and I found myself more and more inclined to look to Islam for their fullest and most perfect expression. The first question we had memorized from our early catechism had been Why were you created? to which the correct answer was "to know, love, and serve God". When I reflected on those around me, I realized that Islam seemed to furnish the most comprehensive and understandable way to practice this on a daily basis.

As for the inglorious political fortunes of the Muslims today, I did not feel these to be a reproach against Islam, or to relegate it to an inferior position in a natural order of world ideologies, but rather saw them as a low phase in a larger cycle of history. Foreign hegemony over Muslim lands had been witnessed before in the thorough going destruction of Islamic civilization in the thirteenth century by the Mongol horde, who razed cities and built pyramids of human heads from the steppes of Central Asia to the Muslim heartlands, after which the fullness of destiny brought forth the Ottoman Empire to raise the Word of Allah and make it a vibrant political reality that endured for centuries. It was now, I reflected, merely the turn of contemporary Muslims to strive for a new historic crystallization of Islam, something one might well aspire to share in.

When a friend in Cairo one day asked me, Why don't you become a Muslim?, I found that God had created within me a desire to belong to this religion, which so enriches its followers, from the simplest hearts to the most magisterial intellects. It is not through an act of the mind or will that anyone becomes a Muslim, but rather through the mercy of God, and this, in the final analysis, was what brought me to Islam in Cairo in 1977.

Is it not time that the hearts of those who believe should be humbled to the Remembrance of God and the Truth which He has sent down, and that they should not be as those to whom the Book was given aforetime, and the term seemed over long to them, so that their hearts have become hard, and many of them are ungodly? Know that God revives the earth after it was dead. We have indeed made clear for you the signs, that haply you will understand. (Koran 57:16-17)

©Nuh Ha Mim Keller

http://www.islamfortoday.com/keller04.htm
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by geogentle: 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2010
@ vedaxcool,

I can only pray for you to see the true light before it is too late,
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2010
geogentle:

@ vedaxcool,

vedaxcool:

Many other things passed through my mind during the months I stayed in Egypt to learn Arabic. I found myself thinking that a man must have some sort of religion, and I was more impressed by the effect of Islam on the lives of Muslims, a certain nobility of purpose and largesse of soul, than I had ever been by any other religions or even atheisms effect on its followers. The Muslims seemed to have more than we did.

Christianity had its good points to be sure, but they seemed mixed with confusions, and I found myself more and more inclined to look to Islam for their fullest and most perfect expression. The first question we had memorized from our early catechism had been Why were you created? to which the correct answer was "to know, love, and serve God". When I reflected on those around me, I realized that Islam seemed to furnish the most comprehensive and understandable way to practice this on a daily basis.

As for the inglorious political fortunes of the Muslims today, I did not feel these to be a reproach against Islam, or to relegate it to an inferior position in a natural order of world ideologies, but rather saw them as a low phase in a larger cycle of history. Foreign hegemony over Muslim lands had been witnessed before in the thorough going destruction of Islamic civilization in the thirteenth century by the Mongol horde, who razed cities and built pyramids of human heads from the steppes of Central Asia to the Muslim heartlands, after which the fullness of destiny brought forth the Ottoman Empire to raise the Word of Allah and make it a vibrant political reality that endured for centuries. It was now, I reflected, merely the turn of contemporary Muslims to strive for a new historic crystallization of Islam, something one might well aspire to share in.

When a friend in Cairo one day asked me, Why don't you become a Muslim?, I found that God had created within me a desire to belong to this religion, which so enriches its followers, from the simplest hearts to the most magisterial intellects. It is not through an act of the mind or will that anyone becomes a Muslim, but rather through the mercy of God, and this, in the final analysis, was what brought me to Islam in Cairo in 1977.

Is it not time that the hearts of those who believe should be humbled to the Remembrance of God and the Truth which He has sent down, and that they should not be as those to whom the Book was given aforetime, and the term seemed over long to them, so that their hearts have become hard, and many of them are ungodly? Know that God revives the earth after it was dead. We have indeed made clear for you the signs, that haply you will understand. (Koran 57:16-17)

©Nuh Ha Mim Keller

http://www.islamfortoday.com/keller04.htm
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2010
geogentle:

@ vedaxcool,

and what is the truth?
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by nuclearboy(m): 7:04am On Sep 12, 2010
^^^ The truth is that Mohammed was right when he said "if you are confused or do not understand anything, go to the people of the book for explanation. They are learned and not proud". The day ANYONE of you does so, he never returns to islam.

But another truth is that Mohammed said "Arabians (muslims) are donkeys, illiterate and unwilling to learn"

It is apt to consider that NOBODY argues about whether the sun will rise tomorrow. Apt to consider that real Christians will never be pained or angry no matter what insults you throw at Christ, the Holy Spirit, Paul or whatever. What pains us is your murderous instincts - a guy burns paper and you start steaming from the ears like cartoon characters and you burn people in return. You open your mouths and say "western education/enlightenment is evil" then you go sit at embassies begging to go live in the western world. You say a man gets 72 virgins as reward in paradise but what did the wives of Mohammed get when they died? here they were only 23 but there they'll now be 95 with the 72 extra (thats if he doesn't assign 900 to himself there). You say Islam means peace and then show us peace by telling us that if we say anything you decide is bad about someone who died over 1, 000 years ago, you will kill hundreds of people.

Not one of your leaders has come out to say Muslims who kill or commit suicide are murderous and going to hell-fire! The whole world went crazy because an idiot said he wanted to burn korans. Do you notice how many Christians here condemned him? Why are we condemning him? We respect your beliefs even if we don't agree with them. Why can't you respect other people?

Vedaxcool has posted a story above of someone who left Xtianity for Islam. Good for him! Allow people post the opposite in return. But no, you say it is peace and yet there is no difference between you and the mullahs who killed in Jos. Your violence shows even in NL posts - violence is disorganized, angry, untruthful, gory and without reason. Your posts are disorganized (you veer off into inanities), angry (dead god, mounting ghost god repeating stupid stilted nonsense like someone with mental problems), untruthful (you turn words upside down and when corrected, get more angry), gory (you scatter english so much we don't know where to start) and without reason (okay, so what do you gain in a long reckless post that doesn't address the issue). So whats the difference?

Let one of you create a thread, swear by your Allah and Mohamed that he will not digress ONCE and that he will not use tricks or al-taqqiya and challenge Aletheia, myself, phillip to a debate. Ask questions and get answers. Or better still. One person face me, another face Aletheia, etc but I'm sure that won't make you happy. Its mob action you like yet want to say - the killers are a minority. If you're not like them, here's your chance! sad
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by darkman200: 7:13am On Sep 12, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ The truth is that Mohammed was right when he said "if you are confused or do not understand anything, go to the people of the book for explanation. They are learned and not proud". The day ANYONE of you does so, he never returns to islam.

But another truth is that Mohammed said "Arabians (muslims) are donkeys, illiterate and unwilling to learn"

It is apt to consider that NOBODY argues about whether the sun will rise tomorrow. Apt to consider that real Christians will never be pained or angry no matter what insults you throw at Christ, the Holy Spirit, Paul or whatever. What pains us is your murderous instincts - a guy burns paper and you start steaming from the ears like cartoon characters and you burn people in return. You open your mouths and say "western education/enlightenment is evil" then you go sit at embassies begging to go live in the western world. You say a man gets 72 virgins as reward in paradise but what did the wives of Mohammed get when they died? here they were only 23 but there they'll now be 95 with the 72 extra (thats if he doesn't assign 900 to himself there). You say Islam means peace and then show us peace by telling us that if we say anything you decide is bad about someone who died over 1, 000 years ago, you will kill hundreds of people.

Not one of your leaders has come out to say Muslims who kill or commit suicide are murderous and going to hell-fire! The whole world went crazy because an said he wanted to burn korans. Do you notice how many Christians here condemned him? Why are we condemning him? We respect your beliefs even if we don't agree with them. Why can't you respect other people?

Vedaxcool has posted a story above of someone who left Xtianity for Islam. Good for him! Allow people post the opposite in return. But no, you say it is peace and yet there is no difference between you and the mullahs who killed in Jos. Your violence shows even in NL posts - violence is disorganized, angry, untruthful, gory and without reason. Your posts are disorganized (you veer off into inanities), angry (dead god, mounting ghost god repeating silly stilted nonsense like someone with mental problems), untruthful (you turn words upside down and when corrected, get more angry), gory (you scatter english so much we don't know where to start) and without reason (okay, so what do you gain in a long reckless post that doesn't address the issue). So whats the difference?

Let one of you create a thread, swear by your Allah and Mohamed that he will not digress ONCE and that he will not use tricks or al-taqqiya and challenge Aletheia, myself, phillip to a debate. Ask questions and get answers. Or better still. One person face me, another face Aletheia, etc but I'm sure that won't make you happy. Its mob action you like yet want to say - the killers are a minority. If you're not like them, here's your chance! sad

Well said brother! But i won't be suprised if this doesn't make any sense to them, they are closed minded.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2010
nuclearboy:

Not one of your leaders has come out to say Muslims who kill or commit suicide are murderous and going to hell-fire! The whole world went crazy because an said he wanted to burn korans. Do you notice how many Christians here condemned him? Why are we condemning him? We respect your beliefs even if we don't agree with them. Why can't you respect other people?

Vedaxcool has posted a story above of someone who left Xtianity for Islam. Good for him! Allow people post the opposite in return. But no, you say it is peace and yet there is no difference between you and the mullahs who killed in Jos. Your violence shows even in NL posts - violence is disorganized, angry, untruthful, gory and without reason. Your posts are disorganized (you veer off into inanities), angry (dead god, mounting ghost god repeating silly stilted nonsense like someone with mental problems), untruthful (you turn words upside down and when corrected, get more angry), gory (you scatter english so much we don't know where to start) and without reason (okay, so what do you gain in a long reckless post that doesn't address the issue). So whats the difference?

is there any sense in what you have just said? there are lots of on answer Question in some other thread that the so call philip toba and co refuse to answer but only blabbing around are you ready to face me alone and answer my Questions?
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 12, 2010
bashy_demy:

is there any sense in what you have just said? there are lots of on answer Question in some other thread that the so call philip toba and co refuse to answer but only blabbing around are you ready to face me alone and answer my Questions?
U better warn ur self&face reality. Someone left islam, is that a big deal? Like i said im going to church now&would pray in jesus' name&get result. Can anyone one of u pray in the name of ur promiscuous mohammad?
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2010
toba:

U better warn your self&face reality. Someone left islam, is that a big deal? Like i said im going to church now&would pray in jesus' name&get result. Can anyone one of u pray in the name of your promiscuous mohammad?
hmmm toba point of correction i never pray in the name of Mohammad i pray to Almighty and i could boast with it that he has always been there for me. lets talk about praying in jesus name and getting result did you remember i said my wife was also a xtain and she is preparing for church now with my 2 kids i give her freedom to go and worship do to her belief but about the getting result i always talk about it with her that out of 50 thousand xtains for example worshiping at the Winner's Chapel i mean for each service 40 thousand are struggling to survive and the rest 10thousand make there money through one way or the other wish you and i know so tell me what are you going to pray for today.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2010
bashy_demy:

Brother bashy_demy, would the heedless have the faculty to reason. Indeeed nuclear boy is Hardly brigh talk less of being the brightest to talk things with, imagine all what he wrote to him is the master piece of his intelligence.

As for toba's usual foolery, I will always advice never join issues with a retart from goerge town  grin grin
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 8:56am On Sep 12, 2010
Thank you jare my brother in Islam
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 12, 2010
vedaxcool:

As for toba's usual foolery, I will always advice never join issues with a retart from goerge town  grin grin
Simple advice, try to improve ur English.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by darkman200: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2010
vedaxcool:

As for toba's usual foolery, I will always advice never join issues with a retart from goerge town  grin grin

"foolery and retart", hilarious! sorry bros, never type impulsively, it is foolishness not foolery, and retard not retart. Also anyone from Georgetown will be pissed if they see how you typed the name of their city.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by nopuqeater: 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2010
@Toba; jesus of the bible prayed many times. he supplicated many times that his disciples noticed that he wept and cried out during this to his Sender. tell us, did he ever end any of the prayers with 'in jesus name'? how did he end each of them, with evidence if you know.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by nopuqeater: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2010
@darkman200; now that you have turned this forum to english language lecture, how come is anyone is followed with one in your essay? you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself and other people. where ever you reside, your neighborhood will be ashamed of the 'anyone one' you wrote above in your pure impulsive reactionary mindset.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by nopuqeater: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2010
@bashy demy; dont let your children go to church. they will be cultured into it. they have to go with you to the mosque,or atleast let them participate with you in sunnah and nafl prayers at home.

the mistake most muslims make is that we do not demarcate love of spouse from the love of deen, deen should always be first because it is the main ingredient of akhira. please brother take my humble advice.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by darkman200: 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2010
nopuqeater:

@darkman200; now that you have turned this forum to english language lecture, how come is anyone is followed with one in your essay? you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself and other people. where ever you reside, your neighborhood will be ashamed of the 'anyone one' you wrote above in your pure impulsive reactionary mindset.

I have no idea what you are talking about, you make absolutely no sense, stop being lazy and work on your usage of the english language.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by nopuqeater: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2010
@darkman200;« #52 on: Today at 11:53:33 AM » ^^^^^^
[Quote]Quote from: vedaxcool on Today at 08:06:35 AM

As for toba's usual foolery, I will always advice never join issues with a retart from goerge town Grin Grin

"foolery and retart", hilarious! sorry bros, never type impulsively, it is foolishness not foolery, and retard not retart. Also anyone one from Georgetown will be pissed if they see how you typed the name of their city.[/Quote]you see the bold? that's your gaff.

i know you will play possum.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by darkman200: 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2010
nopuqeater:

@darkman200;« #52 on: Today at 11:53:33 AM » ^^^^^^you see the bold? that's your gaff.

i know you will play possum.

Hey terrorist! A typo is totally different from the inability to put together a simple sentence that will be understandable to everyone. No one here goes about b i t c h ing about little typos, I am talking about consistent wrong spellings and a terrible writing skill, did you notice how long it took me to even understand what you are trying to say? If I can’t understand your written English, I can imagine how horrible your spoken English will be.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by bashydemy(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2010
nopuqeater:

@bashy demy; dont let your children go to church. they will be cultured into it. they have to go with you to the mosque,or atleast let them participate with you in sunnah and nafl prayers at home.

the mistake most muslims make is that we do not demarcate love of spouse from the love of deen, deen should always be first because it is the main ingredient of akhira. please brother take my humble advice.
bro its a matter of time and i want them to grow a little more. i am a man in my house and my wife never and will never dictate for me and beside i only allow her to go cos i dont wanna impose my religion on her if i want to no one can stop me she is even behind me while am typing so not a big deal but as i said its a matter of time.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2010
Leave her&the kids alone. Koran says no compulsion of religion. U married her as a xtian,so let the children make their choices
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by nopuqeater: 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2010
Toba: the no compulsion in religion is for the mother. Children are natural muslims. You are not a father, so what do you know about raising offsprings?
If everyone leaves everyone alone, everyone left alone will become like you or your fiancee with open door policy.

Islam has rulings. A child is primarily of the father. Thats why people bear teir father's family names, and not the mothers. Or you bear your maternal family name? You are bend man, everything about you is the opposite of the norm.

A child can choose his/her own religion when she or he attains independence from the parent, like not living under the same roof and not needing anything from the parents. This is for Islam now. A child should be allowed to choose Islam, away from Trinity based religion, calling a humus eating, falaful eating Jew, God! This is madness and it is against all norms, for before this, no one group had said that God was a man, walking on the street He created! Do you imagine the earth to be able to take the Majesty of God and not crumbled into pure dust in Awe?

Oro iwo Toba yi sun mi. O ku sie lowo sha. Olomo lo ma rooja.
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2010
Re: Why I Quit Being A Muslim by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2010
Do u want to abuse me? Whats the meaning of all these. Tell him to try to covert the kids to muslims&im sure they will not like it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris / Where Did Our Forefathers Go? / Pastor Enoch Adeboye On Cnn African Voices: Read The Q&a/transcript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.