Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! (5314 Views)

My BF Wants To Break Up With Me Cause Of Too Much Sex. / I Slept With My Bf Best Fried / My BF Just Cum Inside Me, How Can I Prevent Pregnancy?!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Lily4star(f): 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2019
No matter the millions of advice you get, the decision still lies on you, cos people will air their views based on what they think, but you alone is wearing the shoes and know what and how you feel for this guy and this situation.

Later take your time, forget whatever advises you given, then ask yourself since you are the one in love with this person in question if this love you feel is strong enough to forgive and let go without it being a problem in future, you'll get your answer there, but my dear reason this

" There will always be temptation, no one falls by mistake,
When faced with temptation, a person has a choice of two course of action; one of which requires strength of will against it, the other is to damn all hell and fall, being tempted is not wrong , the decision to do wrong or right is yours", no one cheats by mistake, 90 times out of 100 cheating partners are only sorry and remorseful cos they got caught, tho sometimes some are genuine about being remorseful.

So Babygirl the decision is yours to make at the end of it all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Lily4star(f): 7:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by dasauce(m): 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
LuciferYaweh:

Gmail kee you there.
How can you book space on this type of thread?

[img]https://media1./images/4498697396e5cc9452c4bff0af1a5fce/tenor.gif?itemid=4810352[/img]

grin grin
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
The OP isn't going anywhere and the said player still has the Mumu key of the NYSC bae.

That's a true player
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Sammah: 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by flokii: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
I feel your pains.. I hate people telling lies and being dishonest myself.

But from what I read, the guy is really proud of you (can't say for sure if he loves you) and you love him as well.

NYSC year is a year where you see so many free things, especially sex.. Even married women are not spared eg. you can see 3 - 5 guys taking turns on a married woman in one dark corner in camp. When they decamp such lady, she goes back to her husband's house who has no choice than to forgive and take her back.

To cut the long story short, you can forgive and stay or walk away provided you won't regret or start missing him later. So take your time and consider well.
All the best

3 Likes

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by daddio(m): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
iamJ:
u get plenty time on ur hand to write ur problem like this

a fine girl will never be this jobless and pained

And if na u ya gal friend do dis kain thing una for don go buy like 10bottles of snipper to end ya life.

Wen ya mumu go set sef?

1 Like

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by nuggarito: 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2019
My advice would be, you give him some space for now, if he tries all means to get you back then he's a good guy who just made a mistake, this time around you shouldnt be caught unaware. Nysc is a whole lot of hell, as a guy you are tempted in every corner. Many relationship are tested.

Or better still break up and start a new life if you can't forget about it.
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Biglittlelois(f): 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
Someone told me recently, a man, that a guy that loves you deeply, wholeheartedly, would NEVER cheat on you, that all other women, even the set, sexy ones, will look like men to him and vice versa, Op he doesn't love you enough, let him go.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by daddio(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2019
Tessasset:
Hello Romancelanders, please I'd like to have your opinions. I wish I had someone I could talk to offline. cry

My boyfriend went for NYSC last year and during his service year, we were very cool. The distance didn't affect us, he came home for a reasonable number of times and we communicated everyday. He never failed to tell me how much he loves me and can't wait to be done with service. He had his pop a little while ago and finally came home.
Everything seemed fine and we had a few catch ups but something didn't feel right within me so I asked if he had been with someone else on a regular basis, he denied and I believed him completely. A couple of days later we were both viewing his phone gallery and I noticed a picture in particular, the picture had him and a female friend in it and the setting was a bit too intimate for a platonic one, this sparked some questions in me because he used to tell me about the lady, they met when he went for service and he never gave me any reason think twice about their friendship, he has many friends so I just thought of it as normal. I have never gone through my bf's WhatsApp chats, not that he kept his phone away or anything but it just never occurred to me to do so, I trusted and respected him so much, highest I did was to take pictures and play music. I decided to check his phone after what I saw, I went straight to his conversation with the lady and what I saw left me in total shock, they have been having a sexual relationship, from what I deduced, they started having sex around the third month into his service year. Their chats left nothing to be imagined and they said so many nasty stuff, sent almost nude pictures, they professed love and always talked about being in each other's arms. The Lady in question knows my boyfriend is in a relationship and my name came up in their Convo many times. There was a time my bf came home and we hung out, he actually sent our pictures to the lady and with all audacity she asked if he had sex with me, I can't remember what his reply was. Another time, she told my boyfriend that she has broken up with her bf and that he shouldn't waste time to do same with me, he told her he wasn't going to do anything like that. I was appalled at this point already cos the guy made a complete fool of me, I was like the "small girl somewhere" in their Convo....I told him about all I saw and how he should have done better than that, he was shocked I did and was more shocked that I took it calmly cos I didnt rant, didn't walk out, just had a civil conversation with him. He has been really remorseful and said he is more sorry that I got to see their chats, he said the girl means nothing to him and he told her countless times that they can't be together cos he loves me, he asked if I went thru their chats very well, asked if I noticed he always told her he can't leave his gf.. honestly he did mention that several times to her but he thought he could have his way with her as par nysc fun, it doesn't make any sense to me. He's been really down and said I should take my time to think it through, he said he'd take my decision in good faith cos he has permanently scarred our relationship. I told him I'd need some time alone.
Honestly, I still love him and would love to put the issue behind us but I keep remembering all I read, It might have been relatively easy for me if he did with another girl but the girl in question?? He paraded her as a good and supportive friend while they had stuff going on. I'm really hurt, never been so heartbroken.
cry

THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNOWS THE BEST TO DO IN THIS SITUATION IS YOU.

YOU STILL LOVE HIM (YES)
HE STILL LOVES YOU (ONLY HIM KNOWS)

YOUR HEALTH IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION SHOULD ALSO MATTER TO YOU.

HE MAY SWEAR WITH ALL HE IS HAVING NEVER TO SEE THE LADY AGAIN BUT WHAT IF HE TRIES IT WITH ANOTHER LADY?

IF YOU STILL LOVE HIM LET HIM TELL YOU WHAT HE WANT. HE CAN'T BE "EATING FROM YOUR POT AND DRINKING FROM YOUR BOTTLES" (IF YOU KNOW THE POT AND BOTTLES) WHICH HE STILL DOES WITH ANOTHER LADY AND YET BE CALLING YOU THE ONLY WOMAN IN HIS LIFE.

DON'T FORCE YOURSELF ON HIM. SO THAT HE WON'T BE USING THAT AS ADVANTAGE ON YOU.

IF YOU END IT ALL WITH HIM HE WILL GO BACK TO THAT LADY.
AND IF THAT LADY SHOULD REPENT (PEOPLE AND REPENTANCE AFTER DOING EVIL NA 5 & 6) AND RETURN BACK TO HER FORMER LOVER HE WOULD WANT TO COME BACK TO YOU.

SO, TELL US, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by 9inches(m): 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
He's got to put in some real work to get you back. Being remorseful only tells me he still values you at least, but the amount of effort (and time) he puts going forward should tell you how seriously he wants you to remain in his life. But first, you need your space... hang with family and friends and give him some space.

1 Like

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by austyn0(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
Tessasset:
Hello Romancelanders, please I'd like to have your opinions. I wish I had someone I could talk to offline. cry

My boyfriend went for NYSC last year and during his service year, we were very cool. The distance didn't affect us, he came home for a reasonable number of times and we communicated everyday. He never failed to tell me how much he loves me and can't wait to be done with service. He had his pop a little while ago and finally came home.
Everything seemed fine and we had a few catch ups but something didn't feel right within me so I asked if he had been with someone else on a regular basis, he denied and I believed him completely. A couple of days later we were both viewing his phone gallery and I noticed a picture in particular, the picture had him and a female friend in it and the setting was a bit too intimate for a platonic one, this sparked some questions in me because he used to tell me about the lady, they met when he went for service and he never gave me any reason think twice about their friendship, he has many friends so I just thought of it as normal. I have never gone through my bf's WhatsApp chats, not that he kept his phone away or anything but it just never occurred to me to do so, I trusted and respected him so much, highest I did was to take pictures and play music. I decided to check his phone after what I saw, I went straight to his conversation with the lady and what I saw left me in total shock, they have been having a sexual relationship, from what I deduced, they started having sex around the third month into his service year. Their chats left nothing to be imagined and they said so many nasty stuff, sent almost nude pictures, they professed love and always talked about being in each other's arms. The Lady in question knows my boyfriend is in a relationship and my name came up in their Convo many times. There was a time my bf came home and we hung out, he actually sent our pictures to the lady and with all audacity she asked if he had sex with me, I can't remember what his reply was. Another time, she told my boyfriend that she has broken up with her bf and that he shouldn't waste time to do same with me, he told her he wasn't going to do anything like that. I was appalled at this point already cos the guy made a complete fool of me, I was like the "small girl somewhere" in their Convo....I told him about all I saw and how he should have done better than that, he was shocked I did and was more shocked that I took it calmly cos I didnt rant, didn't walk out, just had a civil conversation with him. He has been really remorseful and said he is more sorry that I got to see their chats, he said the girl means nothing to him and he told her countless times that they can't be together cos he loves me, he asked if I went thru their chats very well, asked if I noticed he always told her he can't leave his gf.. honestly he did mention that several times to her but he thought he could have his way with her as par nysc fun, it doesn't make any sense to me. He's been really down and said I should take my time to think it through, he said he'd take my decision in good faith cos he has permanently scarred our relationship. I told him I'd need some time alone.
Honestly, I still love him and would love to put the issue behind us but I keep remembering all I read, It might have been relatively easy for me if he did with another girl but the girl in question?? He paraded her as a good and supportive friend while they had stuff going on. I'm really hurt, never been so heartbroken.
cry
Sorry for what you had to pass through...

Now, gently and quickly find the exit door to that relationship and go through it.

Shed the tears, cry the cry, beat the beat, wail the wail but never go back to your vomit.

If your partner can find the nerve to cheat on you, find the nerve to drop them.

My little piece....

1 Like

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by schumastic(m): 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2019
I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL CONTINUE TO SAY IT, EVERYONE HAS THE CHEATING GENE IN HIM OR HER, IF YOU OR YOUR PARTNER HAVEN'T, IT MEANS THE BUTTON HASN'T BEEN TRIGGERED OR YOU BOTH HAVEN'T STAYED UP TO 6 YEARS. IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE ONE IS CHEATING AND HAVEN'T BEEN CAUGHT. MY QUESTION TO ANYONE READING THIS IS, WILL YOU CHEAT OR PREFER YOUR PARTNER TO CHEAT? PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE ANSWERING AND BE HONEST.
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
klenton:

from all u have said your boyfriend is a good guy
it takes lots of guts and genuineness for a guy to tell another lady that he loves you and wont leave u
yes he messed up big time and definitely deserves to get his ass kicked but then who doesnt mess up ?
you should give him a second chance, its obvious he clearly loves you and you shouldn't take it for granted, most guyz including me would have denied your existence in that chat
this is a good case of the devil u know been better than the angel u dont know
Wow! It seems the word "Good" now carries an opposite meaning!

Excuse me, what do you mean by him being a good guy? He lied to her, cheated on her and you are here trying to justify his acts? I ain't going to tell you what to do op, but you need to seek God for your own "God ordained spouse" and remember God won't give you what won't make you happy and give you rest and peace of mind. Stay Blessed, life is too short to be broken over a guy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by emeraldknytt(m): 2:16am On Apr 03, 2019
If you truly want to be HAPPY, I mean genuinely then you have to call the relationship off. Truth be told, your guy had already had sex with the said lady before the whole "I won't leave my girl" talk and one thing you should know is, the first time of getting a lady laid is always the hardest hence your player boyfriend had nothing to lose if he'd told her that he wasn't ready to part ways with you. You were a back-up, a stand-by pony to be ridden. If you cherish your happiness, let him know that you know when to cut out people who take you for granted else, you will just be played over and over and over again.

Also, no such thing as "justifying being a cheat, there is always a choice to walk away from temptation/seduction"

1 Like

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by emeraldknytt(m): 2:20am On Apr 03, 2019
schumastic:
I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL CONTINUE TO SAY IT, EVERYONE HAS THE CHEATING GENE IN HIM OR HER, IF YOU OR YOUR PARTNER HAVEN'T, IT MEANS THE BUTTON HASN'T BEEN TRIGGERED OR YOU BOTH HAVEN'T STAYED UP TO 6 YEARS. IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE ONE IS CHEATING AND HAVEN'T BEEN CAUGHT. MY QUESTION TO ANYONE READING THIS IS, WILL YOU CHEAT OR PREFER YOUR PARTNER TO CHEAT? PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE ANSWERING AND BE HONEST.

1 Like

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:13am On Apr 03, 2019
Please, walk away @Tessasset

Staying in a relationship where you've been cheated on is detrimental. Whether you like it or not, you unconsciously send a message to the cheat that you're down for anything... that you don't place enough value on yourself. Would have even been better if you didn't know he cheated. Knowing and staying...when it's not marriage??

It's hard... walking away from someone you love. I've been there before. You want to make excuses for them... you want to water down the import of the act. But my dear... there's a 98% chance a cheat would always be a cheat.

Just leave. Might be a whole lot of back and forth. But leave! Let's not encourage cheats.

1 Like

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by confidant: 5:25am On Apr 03, 2019
The story of goat and yam readily comes to mind.
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Preshy561(f): 5:50am On Apr 03, 2019
You see.
Wether you give them sex or not, they must still cheat.
Isn't it better you reserve yourself and avoid heartbreak like this?

Seriously, it pains really good when you try your best to salvage a relationship and still get cheating as an appreciation.

Wouldn't tell you to leave him, cos it's your choice to forever stay happy or sad in a relationship that might not lead you anywhere.
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by jeph19(m): 7:07am On Apr 03, 2019
seniorgozman:
I will advice you leave the guy, you will get better one that will respect you. The reason you should leave him is because you have confronted him, he will start being careful with his runs. He will never let you suspect him again, he will always cheat
Seconded.
If she hadn't seen the picture, which led to her viewing the chat, he would still be playing it cool without letting you know

1 Like

Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by clive2u(m): 9:13am On Apr 03, 2019
thank God its a lady this is happening to this time, guys own been tire me.
pls more of this ladies
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by austyne22ex(m): 9:21am On Apr 03, 2019
Tessasset:

cry
stick with that guy cus Nigerian boyfriends are like Nigeria Presidents, the next would be worse than the present... from ur write up, I think he genuinely loves U
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 03, 2019
Tessasset:

cry
so op what exactly do you want? Revenge? Cos everything can never be normal again.

He has destroyed your trust and he has to realise that his actions are not without consequences if not he will cheat again. Don't assure him of forgiveness and ask for time to sort out all this, your feelings and where you stand in the relationship. His actions after that will tell if you should proceed.

Boys sabi talk. But their actions will expose them.
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by kelitacliff(m): 10:08am On Apr 03, 2019
Preshy561:
You see.
Wether you give them sex or not, they must still cheat.
Sex is not the basic prerequisite for a successful relationship; love and understanding is. And not all of us cheat as you make it seem. She can choose to stay with him and be happy forever after or not, majority of us wouldn't have accepted we have a girlfriend in that chat(it doesn't justify his actions though). The op should just take her time and think things thoroughly
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Preshy561(f): 10:10am On Apr 03, 2019
kelitacliff:
Sex is not the basic prerequisite for a successful relationship; love and understanding is. And not all of us cheat as you make it seem. She can choose to stay with him and be happy forever after or not, majority of us wouldn't have accepted we have a girlfriend in that chat(it doesn't justify his actions though). The op should just take her time and think things thoroughly
True, that's why most of you take to your heels when you hear a no sex relationship. smiley
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 03, 2019
Preshy561:

True, that's why most of you take to your heels when you hear a no sex relationship. smiley

True. You don't expect me to be in a relationship with someone as pretty as you and not have sex. Come on cheesy
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by kelitacliff(m): 10:18am On Apr 03, 2019
Preshy561:

Lol... at least not of all of us; when I see a lady I like, I have my expectations but sex is obviously not part of it.
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Preshy561(f): 10:22am On Apr 03, 2019
kelitacliff:
Lol... at least not of all of us; when I see a lady I like, I have my expectations but sex is obviously not part of it.
Really? I hope it's true though. smiley
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Preshy561(f): 10:23am On Apr 03, 2019
akinjojo1234:

True. You don't expect me to be in a relationship with someone as pretty as you and not have sex. Come on cheesy
Give your life to Christ, brother.
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by kelitacliff(m): 10:28am On Apr 03, 2019
Preshy561:

Really? I hope it's true though. smiley
You see; different guys have different ways of approaching a lady and it goes a long way in telling what he actually wants. I wouldn't want to derail her thread so maybe I'll pm you if that's ok with you.
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by Preshy561(f): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2019
kelitacliff:
You see; different guys have different ways of approaching a lady and it goes a long way in telling what he actually wants. I wouldn't want to derail her thread so maybe I'll pm you if that's ok with you.
Nice one.
Nope, don't bother.
Re: I Need Mature Advice, Please. My Bf Had An Affair!! by kelitacliff(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2019
Preshy561:

Nice one.
Nope, don't bother.
okay then

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THE FIRST Thing You Should Buy That Will Change Your Life Financially [Picture] / Dennis Avner Spent 72 Million Naira To Look Like A Tiger / Was The Lexus Es350 Made For Male Harlots?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.