Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,903 members, 7,956,405 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect (61138 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by imam07: 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
chiedu7:
The removal of SE & SS from the system continues.

That's why I say, WE DONT BELONG IN NIGERIA.
You all dug you grave with your hands

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by deomelo: 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2019
In fact, I applaud the President for suspending the CJ and the route he took because it was obvious the game the judge was trying to play, it was the same scheme crooked and corrupt public officials use to evade justice by hiring 1 million SANs to buy frivolous court judgments and injunctions and eventually dodge accountability for decades.

The President saw the scheme and quickly beat him at his own game.

They even buy perpetual injunctions from crooked and cash and carry judges.

Perpetual meaning no government can touch or prosecute you forever and ever, you are free to walk away, keep and spend your loot, this is done only in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by mfm04622: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Nope he does NOT

If FG accept the resignation, he will keep his pension. If the resignation is not accepted and he is fired, he will lose the pension.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by tripper003: 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
Life..
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
good, as this country is not worth your blood. You have given your very best, just that Nigerians wont understand the precedent PMB in conjunction just laid until its too late.

Me think the CJof kogi is next to be fired by the Govt. Now, other governors have the liberty to wake up on morning , approach a rent tribunal/Mag crt with an exparte motion and on same fire the CJ of a state.

I will just be hia sipping beer and smiling when it all starts crystallizing.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by imam07: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
youngestuk:
I weep for the masses, las las our eye go clear. cry
weep for yourself

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by imam07: 4:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
HeyCorleone:

And you're the one who knows how to think? Pity.

First, how do you call someone who's practiced law privately for almost (if not more than) 40 years, a civil servant? Do you know how much he charges for consultation? These guys charge millions. There's nothing wrong there. Do you know how much it may have cost to get his services? Do you know what it means to have risen to the position of a chief justice? Plus his private investments? And gifts.

You've never been among the rich and powerful, so you'd not understand. So you were expecting him to have just N500k in his account? Lol. Is he a member of your family?

N41million is even too small for someone of his calibre.
So u know how he got his wealth more than efcc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by OBUA12345: 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
if Walter agreed to resign it's ok, at least the world has known the aim of APC govt.

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by 2T215: 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
He is the only guilty one. The others with corruption burdens are free. Lets continue in this way and see the kind of country we all shall have.

imam07:
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Blue3k(m): 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
deomelo:

We are not going anywhere developmentally until we get rid of these worthless overheads and economic parasites holding us back.

Public service in Nigeria is a get rich for life scam and scheme, this is public office is a do or die affair in Nigeria.

Sorry to say, Nigeria is not going anywhere, not in our lifetime.

Weird to see you in low spirits regarding our country. There's alot of systemic issues the war on curruption must address Buhari has 4 years to finish his crusade before next person takes over. Other than that we need more transparency in payscales, end constituentcy projects, security votes and to vote out these guys.

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by 9jaRealist: 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
Another Nigerian CROOK gets a soft landing... angry

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by AroleOduduwa2: 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2019
bigfish3k:

i urge u to mention one of his crimes
please mention the person that bribed him and in which case

did u not read about his defence with the CCT?
he is an old man, he has tried, he cant fight anymore against evil forces that are after him

i hail him

If Onnoghen is not guilty, why would he retire and accept the soft landing deal?
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by imam07: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Go ahead and retreat him like ha criminal. Idiot.

l these poor people just reason like assholes. Did you demand such when your poor President's son crashed a N58 million naira bike?
Mr man stop talking nonsense. Do u think we are all kids here. You are just talking as if u hv bn living with him since he started working. Even Onnobgen himself knows he can't defend all these wealth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2019
This doesn't change the fact that EFCC and cct are confused. After disgracing themselves in court numerous times, Buhari has finally intimidated him out of office
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by 2T215: 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2019
He might not be guilty however if you look at the forces against him and follow the trial very well, it does look like it has a predetermined end.
When we start looking at thing more objectively, it would be obvious to us that there is more to his trial than corruption. He was simply not wanted by the presidents men.
I sincerely hope that all Judicial officers would learn their lesson and dispense justice with absolute fairness and without fear. I also now want to see all those with corruption cases in this government come out clean.

AroleOduduwa2:

If Onnoghen is not guilty, why would he retire and accept the soft landing deal?
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by nonsobaba: 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2019
The cleansing of our judiciary will now commence. All the corrupt judges that Onnoghen groomed will start giving way. Sai Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Bimpe29: 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
We are all humans, hence we are prone to forget and falls into error.
Having said that, Walter Onnoghen was a fall guy and scapegoat.
Beyond this, our judiciary as it were, is lacking a supposedly independence it ought to be enjoying.
This will, however, bring some level of credibility and transparency to our judicial system.

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by baganas: 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ratello:
He is a finished human being if he just did that. He shouldn't have waited this long if he knew that he is going to bow out....haba things are not done this way. Anyway, I am still observing and yet to confirm this news.
Atiku next

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by AroleOduduwa2: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2019
2T215:
He might not be guilty however if you look at the forces against him and follow the trial very well, it does look like it has a predetermined end.
When we start looking at thing more objectively, it would be obvious to us that there is more to his trial than corruption. He was simply not wanted by the presidents men.
I sincerely hope that all Judicial officers would learn their lesson and dispense justice with absolute fairness and without fear. I also now want to see all those with corruption cases in this government come out clean.

One can’t deny the forces behind it and how they would stop at nothing to nail Onnoghen with anything, but the fact still remains that no matter how many allegations or how hard they go they can’t oust him without senate approval. He should have fought till standstill, till there is nothing else to fight for.

I was in the legal field myself and from my experience, he has indirectly admitted he’s guilty of that which he is accused of, I feel bad though because I supported him and even insulted some commenters on here because of him.

This case will set a precedent, I can’t wait for things to unfold. We are Nigerian and almost everyone has a skeleton in his/her wardrobe, all the judges are also guilty of that which Onnoghen is accused of, expect more petitions, they will also go out the same way Onnoghen went out.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by bluefilm: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
He can now go and focus fullly on his bureau de change business.

Nonsense sad
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by AnanseK(m): 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2019
bigfish3k:

prison: on what grounds naa
but please mention the case and crime he committed
dont use the compound word, corruption
just mention his crime and which case. you people are just confusionists

Read and listen my friend. You’re just another apologist for those you consider your own criminals.

So why is he retiring before his retirement date? you tell me.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Baselm: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2019
chiedu7:
The removal of SE & SS from the system continues.

That's why I say, WE DONT BELONG IN NIGERIA.

Yes thieves and looters don't belong to Nigeria, if that's what u mean
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by ogatboy(m): 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2019
mrsage:
Long awaited resignation. Justice Onoghen lost the opportunity to write his name in gold.

What a shame. I'm disappointed.

Its called following due process. If the government had followed due process, the case would have been easier
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by chiedu7: 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
Baselm:

Yes thieves and looters don't belong to Nigeria, if that's what u mean

So we are thieves & looters, why are you scared of us leaving

By the way the Oil revenue is generated in His region, you are parasting off him
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by chiedu7: 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
imam07:

Yes by not leaving 1960
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by RoyalUc(m): 6:12pm On Apr 05, 2019
PatrioticNaija:

Ovia north east....and Ndokwa west LGAs

Ajieh bro!
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by SarkinYarki: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
it's obvious he was bribed to resign
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2019
RoyalUc:

Ajieh bro!

Nwene 'madu ajie. ibu onye ukwani ebei? #Abbi
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by buhariguy(m): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2019
Joshuawobo:
Las las dey have succeeded in killing this mans career
APC
when thief onnoghen was killing APC career in Rivers and akwa ibom since 2015, idiotic pigs were jubilating, and they're still jubilating till tomorrow as thief wike and thief udom just reelected themselves again through blood, and these thief onnoghen said even if thief wike shed blood to win,
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by RoyalUc(m): 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2019
PatrioticNaija:

Nwene 'madu ajie. ibu onye ukwani ebei? #Abbi

#Isumpe.

What a coincidence I am in your team - team Patriotic Nigerians!
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by buhariguy(m): 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2019
HeyCorleone:

So the North doesn't steal?

And the man with 2 bullion vans in front of his house is from the SS or the SE?

Lol.

You're such a nitwit.
empty bullion Van.
atleast, you saw when the Van drove in and drove out without lifting any money out of the bullion Van.
not your fault, i blame the idiotic pigs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Letter From Anyim Pius Anyim To Jonathan, Former President / Nnamdi Kanu's Younger Brother, Emmanuel At Federal High Court Abuja (Photos) / Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.