Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,768 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect (60670 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by wink2015(m): 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2019
A SOUTHERN PRESIDENT WILL ALSO SACK A NORTHERN CJN AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME.

We are yet to see the last of this unfortunate act by President Muhammadu Buhari as there will be payback time for the bad precedent that he has created.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by NaMeAboki: 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
Shameless man; he should have stayed on to prove his innocence, so that IPOB corruption defenders would have reason to cry victimisation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by HeyCorleone(m): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
lilwetdick:

go and sleep and where is the proof that the bike cost 58 million naira, show me receipt.

Show me the transcript with the figures of how many million dollars Onnoghen has, to the last cent.

Take a break, poor man.

Make the kind of money that your neighbours would not comprehend.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Joshuawobo(m): 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2019
Las las dey have succeeded in killing this mans career
APC

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by murmee: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
9jaArea:
He held on thinking the noise making PDP will win the presidential election and save him.

This man should be prosecuted and all undeclared assets confiscated.
You really hit the nail on the head. Onnoghen actually thought Atiku will win the Presidential election and that he would be reinstated thereafter!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by AntiWailer: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

After you spent your entire life, defending a crook. I don't know what you people gain in siding with a thief, even if he was being witch hunted....was he clean? Did he declare his assets? Did he collect bribe from Wike/PDP to obstruct justice? Did he collect money from lawyers to dispense justice?

These are questions, a sensible and supposedly leader of tomorrow should be asking instead of siding with thieves to validate your hatred for Buhari and the APC.

You dey mind them ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Show me the transcript with the figures of how many million dollars Onnoghen has, to the last cent.

Take a break, poor man.

Make the kind of money that your neighbours would not comprehend.

it was traced, all information are on the paper for your hero Onnoghen the thief. i will make that kind of money but not by stealing and destroying my hard built reputation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by chiedu7: 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
Peaceontome247:
See this yamiri, una be slaves to SS....CUZ oil una turn to ss slaves...
You are the one scared of us leaving.

You are the Unity beggars

Nobody wants you.

PARASITES
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by chiedu7: 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
PatrioticNaija:

Maybe if you don't steal, you will belong to one Nigeria.

Since we steal why do you want us with you?

Why must you attach ursef to us.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by orisa37: 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
Nigeria is simply incompetent to handle Justice and The Truth. God please untie our hands and remove the heavy Satanic grip on them. IJN AMEN.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by maisauki: 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2019
D soup dey too pepper and hot 4 ogaman!
pdp, ao maket?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by AroleOduduwa2: 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2019
Initially I supported the CJN as I thought the allegations leveled against him are not substantial but a case of witch hunt, his resignation however has made me have a rethink, Onnoghen is truly guilty of the charges and he should expect the full wrath of law now, he doesn’t have any immunity, Buhari will dig more dirt and will make sure he spend the rest of his life defending himself or in jail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by jchioma: 3:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
NaijaFutbol:
Kwaraption fight:

Identify an officer that is not “ cooperating “

Uncover skeleton, blow it out of proportion,

Blackmail the guy, send cct after the guy,

Intimidate the guy with efcc, tarnish image with media trial, then settle out of court.

Raise Gaduje’s hand and overlook Orji Uzor Kalu

End of process

Under Buhari, corruption now wears babaringa and drives bullion vans.

smh for zombies.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by otokx(m): 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2019
Unbelievable
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Westsida: 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ratello:

But a terrible hypocrite like you can all your life defend criminals and like Tinubu, Amaechi, Oshiomhole etc right?

He doesn’t stop the fact that he was a Crook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by mu2sa2: 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
chloride6:

Those men do not hold the exalted office of the CJN...
Exactly!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by san316(m): 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2019
wink2015:
A SOUTHERN PRESIDENT WILL ALSO SACK A NORTHERN CJN AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME.

We are yet to see the last of this unfortunate act by President Muhammadu Buhari as there will be payback time for the bad precedent that he has created.

If his hands were clean, he should not have resigned now. Why did he resign. Youths like you that always give ethno-religious coloration to matters are the enemies of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by HimName: 3:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
Yet another pointer.

Whoever they chose to show 'love' lives to regret it. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Deepthoughts: 3:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
yns4real:
Walter Onnoghen has resigned as the chief justice of Nigeria (CJN) with immediate effect, TheCable can report.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-onnoghen-resigns-as-cjn-with-immediate-effect/
Some day the real truth of this episode will be revealed, something deep within me tells me this resignation was certainly not ordinary or absolutely voluntarily,it was clear buhari wasn't going to get the 2/3 majority in the Senate n onnoghen was clearly determine to fight to the very last which was definitely going to take a long time n looks very unpredictable, buhari may also loss the opportunity of installing his favorite northern Muslim kinsman as CJ n therefore intimidations n enormous pressure was brought to bear on onnoghen to give way.others may laugh n cast aspersions on onnoghen but I would rather hail his courage for fighting for his name with strong determination in the face of clear malice n injustice,he took the right decision of resigning now because it's clear that those who are supposed to his struggle has been compromised out of sentiments, specifically I'm referring to the NJC here,their conduct has been very suspicious n questionable.Onnoghen was never wanted abinitio so even if he had chosen to live in the water eventually he would have been accuse of raising dust!,As for the Southerners especially the Christians I'm just laughing right now because, when a lion is been lead by a goat, I think it Calls for laughter.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by deomelo: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2019
san316:

If his hands were clean, he should not have resigned now. Why did he resign. Youths like you that always give ethno-religious coloration to matters are the enemies of Nigeria.

To many of them, the issue is always tribalism and never the breach of trust by a public official and crimes committed against them.

I don't even think they understand the dangers and bad effects of the flawed and bogus judgments corrupt judges render on them and their communities

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Koolking(m): 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
Shame on Nigerians who defended this former judge and adjudged the whole prosecution as witch-hunt.

Shame on the youths - the most focal defenders of corrupt elements.

I wish I could tagged them on this thread. They feel they know better than the people involved. See some of them below

EduC:

Selective and pitiable reasoning from a self acclaimed mature mind! What of the idiots that accused him of owning millions in foreign currencies and 51 houses? Shame on you and your likes!!!!

Gandollar:
Don't try to sound more intelligent than yourself sir. The rule says if after declaration and verification it was discovered that some assets were not declared, the CCB must constitutionally alert him and tender another form to him to fill where the omitted assets must be declared. It's on refusal to do this that he can be prosecuted.

Now tell me, were these steps followed?

The PW2 today testified in court that the column where a verified declaration form is signed off was still empty. Meaning that even what he declared was not verified till date.

Oga, this is pure bad blood. See how your fellow man sought to drag the hard earned reputation of another to the mud due to pecuniary interests.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by muykem: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
We told him not to listen to IPOB to avoid this disgrace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by kayusely70(m): 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
An almost belated face and neck saving step.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
chiedu7:

Since we steal why do you want us with you?

Why must you attach ursef to us.

Stop generalizing bro. Me I am from South South. Dad from Delta while my mom from Edo state. It pays no good for us to always tow the cheap tribal / regional lines when criminals are being prosecuted. Same man was appointed by this administration. Then it wasn't a case of SS or SE?

Even most SS people are not in solidarity with him because we don't condone crimes. But I am afraid to say that our SE brothers always act otherwise.......just the way you are acting now. You tend to be more catholic than the Pope

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by CaptainFM1: 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
GavelSlam:
What took him so long?

African man like to disgrace himself.

I wonder too. Perhaps the same greediness that's making some people not to vacate the presidency despite not having WAEC certificate.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Tecno66: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
amidel:
I don't agree to this...
Better for him after all Buhari never wanted to appoint him in the first instance. His appointment was made when Buhari was hospitalized in the UK.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by michoim(m): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
This man Onnoghen is truly materialistic...he chose the option of making money instead of truly standing for his moral right if he does have any...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by morikee: 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
Pachukwudi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by bcashy: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
Anything they support ends up in the gutter cos they support out of hatred...... A day is coming, here on nairaland we will list names of those they have supported and where they are today!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by deomelo: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2019
Deepthoughts:
Some day the real truth of this episode will be revealed, something deep within me tells me this resignation was certainly not ordinary or absolutely voluntarily,it was clear buhari wasn't going to get the 2/3 majority in the Senate n onnoghen was clearly determine to fight to the very last which was definitely going to take a long time n looks very unpredictable, buhari may also loss the opportunity of installing his favorite northern Muslim kinsman as CJ n therefore intimidations n enormous pressure was brought to bear on onnoghen to give way.others may laugh n cast aspersions on onnoghen but I would rather hail his courage for fighting for his name with strong determination in the face of clear malice n injustice,he took the right decision of resigning now because it's clear that those who are supposed to his struggle has been compromised out of sentiments, specifically I'm referring to the NJC here,their conduct has been very suspicious n questionable.Onnoghen was never wanted abinitio so even if he had chosen to live in the water eventually he would have been accuse of raising dust!,As for the Southerners especially the Christians I'm just laughing right now because, when a lion is been lead by a goat, I think it Calls for laughter.

Clear his name indeed.

Was he trying to clear his name when he suspended NJC's meetings and preventing the same NJC from deliberate or rule on this same matter?

Was he trying to clear his name when he hired a million SANs to file for frivolous injunctions from countless courts and judges, even unrelated industrial court?

He was not trying to clear anything, his main goal was to frustrate and kill the charges against him and dodge accountability, but thank God, the same NJC he tried to silence just ruled against him.

Beats me what you people gain when you support and defend corrupt people.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by peacettw: 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2019
morikee:
Pachukwudi

I Loled when I read this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by san316(m): 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2019
deomelo:

To many of them, the issue is always tribalism and never the breach of trust by a public official and crimes committed against them.

I don't even think they understand the dangers and bad effects of the flawed and bogus judgments corrupt judges render on them and their communities

The thing tire me for our youth. we cannot move forward with this mindset. Never!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APGA Permanent Headquarters Abuja, A Beauty To Behold. / Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate / Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.