Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,857 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:52 AM

Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect (61111 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by GavelSlam: 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2019
CaptainFM1:

I wonder too. Perhaps the same greediness that's making some people not to vacate the presidency despite not having WAEC certificate.

If you have it flaunt it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by icedbreez(m): 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2019
A fine judicial officer got caught up in the dark intrigues of politics...nothing personal.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by olajizz01(m): 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2019
GavelSlam:
What took him so long?

African man like to disgrace himself.
Pls where are Igbos and their c in c ,in person of pa chukwudi who always make noise like broken speaker?They have pushed Onoghen to the lagoon and left him alone just as they did for Atiku.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Cabble4(m): 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2019
fredoooooo:
This better not be true, I think he's the most powerful according to some foolish people grin grin
Labelling your country men foolish does not make you any sophisticated.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Hillary4christ(m): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2019
Finally they got what they want may God help us in this country were u can wake up in d name of Governor president or senator & do & undo
God is watching us
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by raumdeuter: 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2019
Where is Pachukwudi44 the Onnoghen abobaku

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by GavelSlam: 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2019
olajizz01:
Pls where are Igbos and their c in c ,in person of pa chukwudi who always make noise like broken speaker?They have pushed him to the lagoon and left him alone just as they did for Atiku.

They've since abandoned Fayose, Atiku, Saraki is quarter to go.

Onnoghen is just another on their production line of corrupt and destined losers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by bigfish3k: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
GavelSlam:
What took him so long?

African man like to disgrace himself.

how did he disgrace himself?
he stood up and fought the cabals
he has shown to the world that he is not guilty which is what matters

from now on, the judiciary is in dander of being bullied by the executives
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by DabuIIIT: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
Shameless president
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by fredoooooo: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
Cabble4:

Labelling your country men foolish does not make you any sophisticated.

Ok sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by bigfish3k: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
GavelSlam:

If you have it flaunt it.
waec certificate that doesnt have exam number was purchased
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by chiedu7: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
PatrioticNaija:

Stop generalizing bro. Me I am from South South. Dad from Delta while my mom from Edo state. It pays no good for us to always tow the cheap tribal / regional lines when criminals are being prosecuted. Same man was appointed by this administration. Then it wasn't a case of SS or SE?

Even most SS people are not in solidarity with him because we don't condone crimes. But I am afraid to say that our SE brothers always act otherwise.......just the way you are acting now. You tend to be more catholic than the Pope

Which Edo & Delta are you from?
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by shidof(m): 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ratello:
He is a finished human being if he just did that. He shouldn't have waited this long if he knew that he is going to bow out....haba things are not done this way. Anyway, I am still observing and yet to confirm this news.
hahaha! Where's
Pachukwudi44?? the congenital, serial loser.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by bigfish3k: 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

After you spent your entire life, defending a crook. I don't know what you people gain in siding with a thief, even if he was being witch hunted....was he clean? Did he declare his assets? Did he collect bribe from Wike/PDP to obstruct justice? Did he collect money from lawyers to dispense justice?

These are questions, a sensible and supposedly leader of tomorrow should be asking instead of siding with thieves to validate your hatred for Buhari and the APC.

just mention the case that he was bribed
mention one of his crimes, mention one person that bribed him
just mention, mention the justice he obstructed

me too, dont just know what u gain by supporting evil always
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
chiedu7:

Which Edo & Delta are you from?

Ovia north east....and Ndokwa west LGAs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by AnanseK(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2019
Does it mean he is not going to prison?

Such a rotten crime ridden country, how can you ever reduce corruption?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by bigfish3k: 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:
Initially I supported the CJN as I thought the allegations leveled against me are not substantial but a case of witch hunt, his resignation however has made me have a rethink, Onnoghen is truly guilty of the charges and he should expect the full wrath of law now, he doesn’t have any immunity, Buhari will dig more dirt and will make sure he spend the rest of his life defending himself or in jail.

i urge u to mention one of his crimes
please mention the person that bribed him and in which case

did u not read about his defence with the CCT?
he is an old man, he has tried, he cant fight anymore against evil forces that are after him

i hail him
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by bigfish3k: 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
AnanseK:

Does it mean he is not going to prison?

Such a rotten crime ridden country, how can you ever reduce corruption?

prison: on what grounds naa

but please mention the case and crime he committed

dont use the compound word, corruption

just mention his crime and which case. you people are just confusionists
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by olajizz01(m): 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
Bigii:
Useless APC govt. angry
Hahahahahahaha.................................

The cry of wailer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Blue3k(m): 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
Wow this is amzing. The prosecution case was iron clad. Good job to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by raumdeuter: 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
The most important thing remains that the CJN will neither resign nor step aside.He would remain in power like Saraki and fight this charges

What will now happen to onnoghens abobaku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by chiedu7: 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
PatrioticNaija:

Ovia north east....and Ndokwa west LGAs

You are a Liar
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by mechanics(m): 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2019
It's well with him, since he will be paid his benefits, and still be called former CJN, he has nothing to loose.
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Afamed: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2019
Chinashopping84:
You know nothing
Keep quiet, defender of looters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Afamed: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2019
Chinashopping84:
You know nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Chinashopping84:
You know nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by kevinexit(m): 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2019
I sight Biafra ...

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Realadey(m): 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2019
smeag0l:
He resigned. This makes the CCT trial academic because what they would have recommended if he's found guilty would be his removAl from office. The only thing left now would be if the EFCC is willing to continue to pursue their own case of him receiving monetart gifts from lawyers and also having humongous sums in his account. If they win this then he may still be stripped of all entitlements.
Have u forgotten the kind of country u are? How many cases that Efcc had won from the ones they prosecuted so far?
Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
chiedu7:

You are a Liar

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by Deepthoughts: 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
deomelo:

Clear his name indeed.

Was he trying to clear his name when he suspended NJC's meetings and preventing the same NJC from deliberate or rule on this same matter?

Was he trying to clear his name when he hired a million SANs to file for frivolous injunctions from countless courts and judges, even unrelated industrial court?

He was not trying to clear anything, his main goal was to frustrate and kill the charges against him and dodge accountability, but thank God, the same NJC he tried to silence just ruled against him.

Beats me what you people gain when you support and defend corrupt people.
From the beginning the petition against onnoghen was forwarded to the EFCC not the NJC, onnoghen was hurriedly arraigned before the CCT n he has been defending himself there,he has every right to use all legal avenues to defend himself,you people nevy see anything wrong when buhari hired over 80SANs to defend his certificate issue, onnoghen provided an elaborate n articulate response to the after thought petition by EFCC before the NJC which was not contradicted,but NJC through an unknown abracadabra found onnoghen guilty n yet turn around to seek for an unsolicited soft landing for him!, NJC has been compromised for khalifa buhari to have his way,you support what buhari is doing because it serves your purpose but don't expect everyone to accept whatever buhari says without a thought like you do, clearly buhari never wanted onnoghen there right from the beginning n he has been so malicious enough to use a fraudulent ex parte order to illegally have his way,you can go on n rejoice n even throw insults but you will never change my opinion n I'm proud about it.

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by imam07: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2019
Where are those idiot flat head saying Onnobgen will be installed back to his post. What he supposed to have done at the right time. Atiku and Saraki gave him stupid confidence that made him to fight back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect by deomelo: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2019
Deepthoughts:
From the beginning the petition against onnoghen was forwarded to the EFCC not the NJC, onnoghen was hurriedly arraigned before the CCT n he has been defending himself there,he has every right to use all legal avenues to defend himself,you people nevy see anything wrong when buhari hired over 80SANs to defend his certificate issue, onnoghen provided an elaborate n articulate response to the after thought petition by EFCC before the NJC which was not contradicted,but NJC through an unknown abracadabra found onnoghen guilty n yet turn around to seek for an unsolicited soft landing for him!, NJC has been compromised for khalifa buhari to have his way,you support what buhari is doing because it serves your purpose but don't expect everyone to accept whatever buhari says without a thought like you do, clearly buhari never wanted onnoghen there right from the beginning n he has been so malicious enough to use a fraudulent ex parte order to illegally have his way,you can go on n rejoice n even throw insults but you will never change my opinion n I'm proud about it.

You should have explained to us the reason why he suspended the NJC meeting indefinitely, indefinitely meaning for an unlimited or unspecified period of time.

Please explain the reason why he did that if he really was trying to clear his name.

The man is a self confessed crook and corrupt public official.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike's Wife Pictured Doting On His Face (photos) / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) / Ogbonnia Oko Enyim Resigns As Umahi's SSA Over Interference In His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.