Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? (16705 Views)

Ope Sowore To Buhari: 'My Children And I Want My Husband Back Home' / Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' / Tinubu: Fani-kayode Speaks On Attack Of Igbos In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Konquest: 1:49am On Apr 12, 2019
olas24u:

Seems my English is difficult for you?living in bondage was produced in 1992 [s]and it is the first movie in English language,I repeat English language in nigeria[/s].alade has producd in his own mother tongue.yoruba language.

@olas24u
Living in Bondage is NOT the first film in English language.
It is an Ibo language film that was only subtitled in English.

It is even funny that a lot of Ibos do NOT realise that the
1st Ibo language film to be subtitled in English was AMADI
and that film was screened in 1975 in Lagos State. I still
have the magazine with the photographs of prominent
Lagos State government officials in attendance! They
keep making misleading comment online and offline
that living in bondage was the beginning of movies in
Nigeria. What a PATHETIC behaviour indeed!

Professor Wole Soyinka in 1969 produced Kongi's Harvest
which is Nigerias acclaimed 1st commercially successful English
language film. It was screened at the cinemas in Lagos.

History has to be returned to schools.

I copied you in my post directly above as well so
kindly read it.

All the best!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by IkpuMmadu: 5:00am On Apr 12, 2019
Oshigun:

No. All Nigerian Women loving us, including yours, is incidental. The point is we are damn cool, talented and special so everything falls in place because of that. You guys are losers and you know it. This is why a good day for you is a day where you go home feeling you have bettered a Yoruba man you deem to be far above you even if you won't confess this.

That is why you guys are pussiess nobody take you guys seriously again

Your hutsle na toto

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by olas24u(f): 5:42am On Apr 12, 2019
Konquest:

@olas24u

kindly read it.

All the best!
This man produced the movie in 1989,he his the first Nigerian .his name is alade aromire

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by olas24u(f): 5:57am On Apr 12, 2019
Konquest:

@olas24u

kindly read it.

All the best!
There's this controversy surrounding the origin of the home videos film in Nigeria. It is believed in some quarters that Living In Bondage is the first movie to come out of Nollywood.

It can't be! Living In Bondage? No, no, no! Go and ask Kenneth Nnebue. Let me tell you, if you can write it properly, Kenneth Nnebue had produced over 40 Yoruba movies before he even thought of producing an Igbo movie. Living In Bondage is an Igbo movie. It is an Igbo language movie. Probably they want to claim that Living In Bondage is the first Igbo movie. Before he dreamt of making that film, he had produced 40 Yoruba films. He started with Aje Ni'ya Mi. And there had been a flourishing movie industry before he came on board. So how can you say he started it.

So who produced the first home video?

I did! I pioneered the industry.

Could you mention the movie you started with?

Ekun. And it's the first Yoruba movie.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by olas24u(f): 6:12am On Apr 12, 2019
[quote author=Konquest post=77469707]

@olas24u

kindly read it.

All the best![/quote
Sorry I just read your message,thanks

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by olas24u(f): 6:15am On Apr 12, 2019
BaaleOko:

Local audience, All Nigerians (Ijaw, Igbo, Efik, Hausa, Ibibio etc) watched Living in Bondage, at least on average basis, chances are majority of Nigerian homes had Living in bondage VHS cassettes in its stock (I bet your family did as well if you are going to be honest). my point is Living in Bondage set the dynamics of movie production in Nigeria to its golden age, any other film produced before that died with a very narrow audience of mainly just yorubas.

1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by MadamT(f): 6:26am On Apr 12, 2019
As an elder, I laugh when I hear some younger ones saying Living in Bondage was the first home video.

Nollywood did not start in the 90s.

In 1977, my friends, brothers and sisters went to the National Theatre to see “Bisi Daughter of The River”

The movie was directed by the late Joseph Abiodun Babajide, aka Jab Adu. He was famous for his role as "Bassey Okon" in the popular long running TV series "Village Headmaster" of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).

Then, In 1978, we went to see Aiye at the National Theatre. Aiye, a Hubert Ogunde film was directed by Ola Balogun.

Alade Aromire was the first to produce a home video in 1988.

Jimi Odumosu produced Evil Encounter a horror film in 1980.

No doubt, Living in bondage was a hit and contributed hugely to the Nollywood boom.

But, honestly, younger ones should try to learn history or at least, when corrected wth facts, should take them onboard and not just keep arguing blindly. Open yourselves to learning and correction. Doing this doesn’t mean you are weak. It actually makes you the bigger person.

11 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Ritchiee: 8:53am On Apr 12, 2019
MadamT:
As an elder, I laugh when I hear some younger ones saying Living in Bondage was the first home video.

In 1977, my friends, bothers and sisters went to the National Theatre to see “Bisi Daughter of The River”

The movie was directed by the late Joseph Abiodun Babajide, aka Jab Adu. He was famous for his role as "Bassey Okon" in the popular long running TV series "Village Headmaster" of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).

Then, In 1978, we went to see Aiye at the National Theatre. Aiye, a Hubert Ogunde film was directed by Ola Balogun.

No doubt, Living in bondage was a hit and contributed hugely to the Nollywood boom.

But, honestly, younger ones should try to learn history or at least, when corrected wth facts, should take them onboard and not just keep arguing blindly. Open yourselves to learning and correction. Doing this doesn’t mean you are weak. It actually makes you the bigger person.

I don't know whether to call it a problem or otherwise but a lot chunk of Yorubas do not know about a lot of Yoruba' achievements and they would even argue with you and tell you that they have never heard of what you are talking about.
Whether illiterate or literate,an Igbo man knows about Innoson motor while the Yoruba guy does not know about Proforce or JAC.
Almost all Igbos know that they have been leading in WAEC in recent times but Yorubas do not know that they have 5 youngest Phd holders and 7 geniuses with 5.0 C perfect scores in the world.
The list goes on.If it were Igbos that have 3 world recognized Laurel giants like Wole Soyinka,Tony Adegbulugbe and Akinwunmi Adeshina,every Igbo will know them but Yorubas even a few educated ones do not know the worth of these Yoruba international champions.

As I speak,Yorubas lead Igbos in technology,ICT and innovation but how many Yorubas know this?

All Igbo leaders and followers have these village square things they do almost every weekend where they spread these news whether fake or genuine They also have Biafra papers where all sorts of fake and genuine reports are spread amongst the folks.
It all boils down to the fact that Igbos are really putting in all effort to catch up with the Yorubas while the Yorubas are somewhat complacent.

I think there should be a forum where the Youths and Elders interact in order for us to know where we were,are and going as per lapses and achievements.

Yorubas have done well and still doing well but they should not rest on their oars for a greater Yoruba nation,Nigeria and Africa at large.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 9:51am On Apr 12, 2019
MadamT:

In 1977, my friends, bothers and sisters went to the National Theatre to see “Bisi Daughter of The River”

Ritchiee:

I don't know whether to call it a problem or otherwise but a lot chunk of Yorubas do not know about a lot of Yoruba' achievements and they would even argue with you and tell you that they have never heard of what you are talking about.
Whether illiterate or literate,an Igbo man knows about Innoson motor while the Yoruba guy does not know about Proforce or JAC.
Almost all Igbos know that they have been leading in WAEC in recent times but Yorubas do not know that they have 5 youngest Phd holders and 7 geniuses with 5.0 C perfect scores in the world.
The list goes on.If it were Igbos that have 3 world recognized Laurel giants like Wole Soyinka,Tony Adegbulugbe and Akinwunmi Adeshina,every Igbo will know them but Yorubas even a few educated ones do not know the worth of these Yoruba international champions.

As I speak,Yorubas lead Igbos in technology,ICT and innovation but how many Yorubas know this?

All Igbo leaders and followers have these village square things they do almost every weekend where they spread these news whether fake or genuine They also have Biafra papers where all sorts of fake and genuine reports are spread amongst the folks.
It all boils down to the fact that Igbos are really putting in all effort to catch up with the Yorubas while the Yorubas are somewhat complacent.

I think there should be a forum where the Youths and Elders interact in order for us to know where we were,are and going as per lapses and achievements.

Yorubas have done well and still doing well but they should not rest on their oars for a greater Yoruba nation,Nigeria and Africa at large.

You only know your own, now is computer age era of Lagos/Ibadan media propaganda is over

Things Fall Apart movie (1971) is a cinematic adaptation of Chinua Achebe's 1958 novel by the same name. The film also combines elements from Achebe's second novel, No Longer at Ease (1960). The movie was jointly produced by Nigerian, German, and American firms. Hans Jurgen Pohland directed the film, which stars Elizabeth of Toro, Orlando Martins, and Johnny Sekka.

The first film to be shot entirely in Nigeria, Things Fall Apart allows audiences to witness many local customs and traditions. For instance, it portrays the architecture, geography, religious rituals, music, and cuisine of the Igbo village. Further, the film captures many of the native workers' activities, such as dancing, animal trapping, and the sharpening of tools and weapons. In these ways, the film expands on Achebe's original mission of bringing Nigeria into the world's attention.

Both film and novel thematize the disintegration of the community, showing how the villagers are divided by the white missionaries. Another theme in both the film and novel is the conflict between tradition and change. Many villagers, including Okonwko, want to preserve native traditions, but find that their heritage and culture are being eroded with the expanse of missions.

Another important similarity between fiction and film is the use of sophisticated language. In Achebe's original text, the Igbo characters speak in very elevated prose. This is intentional-- Achebe wanted to challenge the popular notion that African language was crude and inarticulate. For instance, in one scene, Okoye's speech imitates proverbs. In the film, as well, characters speak eloquently, challenging stereotypes against tribal culture.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by olas24u(f): 10:02am On Apr 12, 2019
Anambralstson:

You only know your own, now is computer age era of Lagos/Ibadan media propaganda is over

Things Fall Apart movie (1971) is a cinematic adaptation of Chinua Achebe's 1958 novel by the same name. The film also combines elements from Achebe's second novel, No Longer at Ease (1960). The movie was jointly produced by Nigerian, German, and American firms. Hans Jurgen Pohland directed the film, which stars Elizabeth of Toro, Orlando Martins, and Johnny Sekka.

The first film to be shot entirely in Nigeria, Things Fall Apart allows audiences to witness many local customs and traditions. For instance, it portrays the architecture, geography, religious rituals, music, and cuisine of the Igbo village. Further, the film captures many of the native workers' activities, such as dancing, animal trapping, and the sharpening of tools and weapons. In these ways, the film expands on Achebe's original mission of bringing Nigeria into the world's attention.

Both film and novel thematize the disintegration of the community, showing how the villagers are divided by the white missionaries. Another theme in both the film and novel is the conflict between tradition and change. Many villagers, including Okonwko, want to preserve native traditions, but find that their heritage and culture are being eroded with the expanse of missions.

Another important similarity between fiction and film is the use of sophisticated language. In Achebe's original text, the Igbo characters speak in very elevated prose. This is intentional-- Achebe wanted to challenge the popular notion that African language was crude and inarticulate. For instance, in one scene, Okoye's speech imitates proverbs. In the film, as well, characters speak eloquently, challenging stereotypes against tribal culture.
So what point are you trying to make ?
Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by olas24u(f): 10:22am On Apr 12, 2019
BaaleOko:

Please provide your source that Herbet Ogunde was that known or acclaimed, which of his work made it into those counties? I need facts.
Plays
Edit
Garden of Eden and the Throne of God (1944)
Africa and God (1944)
Israel in Egypt (1945)
Nebuchadnezzar's Reign and Belshazzar's Feast (1945)
King Solomon (1945)
Worse than Crime (1945)
Journey to Heaven (1945)
The Black Forest (Igbo Irunmale) (1945)
Strike and Hunger (1945)
Tiger's Empire (1946)
Darkness and Light (1946)
Mr. Devil's Money (Ayinde) (1946)
Herbert Macaulay (1946)
Human Parasites (1946)
Towards Liberty (1947)
Swing the Jazz (1947)
Yours Forever (Morenike) (1948)
Half and Half (1949)
Gold Coast Melodies (1949)
Bread and Bullet (1950)
My Darling Fatima (1951)
Portmanteau Woman (1952)
Beggar's Love (1952)
Highway Eagle (1953)
Princess Jaja (1953)
Village Hospital (Ile Iwosan) (1957)
Delicate Millionaire (Olowo Ojiji) (1958)
Songs of Unity (1960)
Yoruba Ronu (1964)
Aropin N'tenia (1964)
Otito Koro (1964)
Awo Mimo (1965)
Ire Olokun (1968)
Keep Nigeria One (1968)
Mama Eko (1968)
Oba nta (1969)
Ogun Pari (1969)
Oh, Ogunde (1969)
Ewe Nla (1970)
Iwa gbemi (1970)
Ayanmo (1970)
Onimoto (1971)
K'ehin Sokun (1971)
Aiye (1972)
Ekun Oniwogbe (1974)
Ewo Gbeja (1975)
Muritala Mohamed (1976)
Oree Niwon (1976)
Nigeria (1977)
Igba t' ode (1977)
Orisa N'la (1977)
Films
Edit
Aiye (1980)
Jaiyesimi (1981)
Aropin (1982)
Ayanmo (1988)
Television
Edit
Ogunde: Man of the Theatre - BBC (1983

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 10:26am On Apr 12, 2019
Ritchiee:

[s]I don't know whether to call it a problem or otherwise but a lot chunk of Yorubas do not know about a lot of Yoruba' achievements and they would even argue with you and tell you that they have never heard of what you are talking about.

Yorubas have done well and still doing well but they should not rest on their oars for a greater Yoruba nation,Nigeria and Africa at large.[/s]
Keep deceiving yourselves
Leading ICT companies in Nigeria are owned by Igbos Zinox technologies, Computer warehouse, IT World etc

Igbos control mobile phone market not just in Nigeria but across Africa, Nnamdi Ezeigbo is the founder and CEO of SLOT systems limited who partners with Transsion Holdings they are makers of TECNO, INFINIX, Itel etc the fastest selling phone brands in Africa

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by kayfra: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2019
Ritchiee:

Empty braggadocio and fake propaganda is not in our culture. It is wired into theirs starting from exaggerated claims of preparedness before and during the war and also exaggerated casualties as a strategy to help them end the war. It's their mode of survival, we have the exact opposite. We simply just achieve and move on. No small wonder we're the pioneers of most achievements in the country bar none. But these folks are hell bent on using fake news to distort the truth.

I agree we should celebrate ourselves more coz history keeps getting re-written anytime these folks bring up yet another revisionist story.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 10:43am On Apr 12, 2019
[s]
olas24u:

Plays
Edit
Garden of Eden and the Throne of God (1944)
Africa and God (1944)
Israel in Egypt (1945)
Nebuchadnezzar's Reign and Belshazzar's Feast (1945)
King Solomon (1945)
Worse than Crime (1945)
Journey to Heaven (1945)
The Black Forest (Igbo Irunmale) (1945)
Strike and Hunger (1945)
Tiger's Empire (1946)
Darkness and Light (1946)
Mr. Devil's Money (Ayinde) (1946)
Herbert Macaulay (1946)
Human Parasites (1946)
Towards Liberty (1947)
Swing the Jazz (1947)
Yours Forever (Morenike) (1948)
Half and Half (1949)
Gold Coast Melodies (1949)
Bread and Bullet (1950)
My Darling Fatima (1951)
Portmanteau Woman (1952)
Beggar's Love (1952)
Highway Eagle (1953)
Princess Jaja (1953)
Village Hospital (Ile Iwosan) (1957)
Delicate Millionaire (Olowo Ojiji) (1958)
Songs of Unity (1960)
Yoruba Ronu (1964)
Aropin N'tenia (1964)
Otito Koro (1964)
Awo Mimo (1965)
Ire Olokun (1968)
Keep Nigeria One (1968)
Mama Eko (1968)
Oba nta (1969)
Ogun Pari (1969)
Oh, Ogunde (1969)
Ewe Nla (1970)
Iwa gbemi (1970)
Ayanmo (1970)
Onimoto (1971)
K'ehin Sokun (1971)
Aiye (1972)
Ekun Oniwogbe (1974)
Ewo Gbeja (1975)
Muritala Mohamed (1976)
Oree Niwon (1976)
Nigeria (1977)
Igba t' ode (1977)
Orisa N'la (1977)
Films
Edit
Aiye (1980)
Jaiyesimi (1981)
Aropin (1982)
Ayanmo (1988)
Television
Edit
Ogunde: Man of the Theatre - BBC (1983
[/s]

The first film entirely copyrighted to the Nigerian Film unit is Fincho (1957) by Sam Zebba; which is also the first Nigerian film to be shot in colour,
Eddie Ugboma, Ogunde, Jab Adu, Ola and others can be traced back to the 1960s

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Ritchiee: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2019
Anambralstson:

Leading ICT companies in Nigeria are owned by Igbos Zinox, Computer warehouse, Beta computer etc

Igbos control mobile phone market not just in Nigeria but across Africa, Nnamdi Ezeigbo is the founder and CEO of SLOT systems limited who partners with Transsion Holdings they are makers of TECNO, INFINIX, Itel etc the fastest selling phone brands in Africa

Another zombie who thinks trading in phones depicts ICT.
What Mainone only does in ICT is greater than all these junks you put up there.
Sometimes I think Igbos especially the ones on Nairaland are really uninformed going by the way they argue with Yorubas who dish out intelligently strewn words and facts to buttress their argument.Unlike Igbos who just bandied words around with no verifiable fact.

Adenuga is the second richest man in Africa and controls one of the leading ICT entity in Nigeria.All Igbo businesses rolled into one are not worthy of half of Adenuga.
Any mumu can do trading but real business is for the real men like the Yorubas.
Small wonder the South East has the smallest IGR.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by loopman: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2019
Anambralstson:

Leading ICT companies in Nigeria are owned by Igbos Zinox technologies, Computer warehouse , IT World etc

Stop lying, it won’t add to your life.

Computer Warehouse group is owned by Yorubas.

Virtually all the IT schools in Nigeria are Yoruba owned except probably systemspec owned by Obaro

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
Ritchiee:

Sometimes I think Igbos especially the ones on Nairaland are really uninformed going by the way they argue with Yorubas who dish out intelligently strewn words and facts to buttress their argument.Unlike Igbos who just bandied words around with no verifiable fact.

Adenuga is the second richest man in Africa and controls one of the leading ICT entity in Nigeria.All Igbo businesses rolled into one are not worthy of half of Adenuga.
Mumu Igbo pascal Dozie brought MTN in to Nigeria

HIS ROLE IN MTN Nigeria
When he was approached by MTN, a South African telecommunications firm, to raise 40% of the funds needed to set up a subsidiary in Nigeria, Dozie turned to friends and expatriates in the United Kingdom.

However, they turned him down saying if the Nigerian government could not make NITEL work, no one could successfully sustain a telecommunications business in the country.

He was able to raise enough for a 20% stake in the company and MTN made up the difference through debt funding.

The venture is successful till date, becoming Nigeria’s largest telecommunications company.

https://www.thecable.ng/close-up-pascal-dozie-the-investment-guru-who-sold-mtn-shares-to-rescue-diamond-bank-but-failed

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Sagay212: 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2019
Ritchiee:

Well iPods make so much noise about any little achievement because they suffer from serious low self-esteem issues. They always want to compare themselves with yorubas at every opportunity.

Yorubas have achieved and still achieving lots if great things and do not see the need to make noise about it because they are used to greatness and have nothing to prove to anybody. It is the iPods who have a lot of catching up to do and feel like they got something to prove that will always make noise about any little achievement they make. One small iPod boy will create a toy car or wooden helicopter that cannot fly and you will see umu iPods jubilating on Facebook and bragging about how they are the greatest and others can't do without them .

If you want yorubas to be making noise about every achievement, I wonder what kinda noise the Europeans and Americans or Chinese should be making with all their achievement.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by kayfra: 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2019
Anambralstson:

Mumu Igbo pascal Dozie brought MTN in to Nigeria

HIS ROLE IN MTN Nigeria
When he was approached by MTN, a South African telecommunications firm, to raise 40% of the funds needed to set up a subsidiary in Nigeria, Dozie turned to friends and expatriates in the United Kingdom.

However, they turned him down saying if the Nigerian government could not make NITEL work, no one could successfully sustain a telecommunications business in the country.

He was able to raise enough for a 20% stake in the company and MTN made up the difference through debt funding.

The venture is successful till date, becoming Nigeria’s largest telecommunications company.

https://www.thecable.ng/close-up-pascal-dozie-the-investment-guru-who-sold-mtn-shares-to-rescue-diamond-bank-but-failed

Telecoms deregulation brought MTN into Nigeria. Not any Pascal Dozie. He was a local investor amongsts other local investors. Stop making a fool out of your self.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2019
Ritchiee:

With your fabricated IGR your region is backward

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2019
loopman:

Virtually all the IT schools in Nigeria are Yoruba owned except probably systemspec owned by Obaro

Austin Okere, founder and CEO of Computer Warehouse Group Plc,

http://www.africanreview.com/finance/business/founder-of-computer-warehouse-group-shares-business-insights-at-conference-in-lagos
Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2019
loopman:

Use your google

Austin Okere, founder and CEO of Computer Warehouse Group Plc,

http://austinokere.com/about-austin/

http://www.africanreview.com/finance/business/founder-of-computer-warehouse-group-shares-business-insights-at-conference-in-lagos

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Sagay212: 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
Bridget95:
oh.. you guys are scared of competing with the Igbos politically and economically that's why you guys unleashed uneducated dirty thugs in Lagos to distrupt elections and commit electoral fraud.You own Lagos ,how?are you guys the federal government that owns Lagos?No tribe owns anything not even your ancestral land, because you are on rent for a 100yrs.All Nigerians own Lagos.

How can yoruba thugs stop you from voting in a state that you own? Don't you own Lagos again? Can yorubas stop igbos from voting in abia? How did they manage to stop you from voting in Lagos when you own 99% of properties and control the economy.
Awon weyrey alaso.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by loopman: 12:51pm On Apr 12, 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Sagay212: 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
Oshigun:

Bruv this is what they do. Deny what is real and proven to be using vague and entirely fictitious example to try and support their empty chest-beating and nonsense they plucked out of their azzes.

Yoruba "lazy" but they can't provide an Igbo name in music greater or more naturally talented and dominant universally than Davido and Wizkid. Their women ain't even close to Niniola let alone Tiwa Savage or Yemi Alade. We no sabi business yet no Igbo name richer or more successful than Adenuga or Otedola.

Politically, they don't even have one Fayemi in their rank talk less of all the way up to Tinubu, Akande et al. They are physically superior yet Anthony Joshua, Yoruba boy, is on top of the pile of world heavyweight boxing and will knock out any Igboman living or dead. How do these people even live with themselves coming here daily with these claims reality makes a mockery of? Please , in what area can they use real example to support their touted superiority over Yorubas? We are waiting.

Umu iPods right now

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 1:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
loopman:

Austin Okere is the Founder & Executive Vice Chairman, CWG Plc and Entrepreneur in Residence, Columbia Business School, New York.

He is a member of the World Economic Forum Business Council on Innovation and Intrapreneurship. He serves on the Board of the National Competiveness Council of Nigeria and Initiative for Global Development, a Washington based nonprofit organization that drives poverty reduction by catalyzing business growth and investment in the developing world. Austin Okere is a Fellow of the Institute of Directors of Nigeria, as well as a Fellow of the Nigerian Computer Society (NCS), and serves as a member of the Advisory Council of the Association of Telecommunication Companies of Nigeria (ATCON).

Austin Okere was named ICT Personality of the year 2014 by the Nigerian Computer Society, ICT Man of the Decade by ICT Watch Africa Digital Network in 2012; ICT Personality of the year by Technology Africa in 2010; and most outstanding ICT Personality of the Decade by ICT Watch Africa in 2010. His interests include mentoring and inspiring young people to achieve their full potential.

His Company Computer Warehouse Group (NSE: CWG PLC) is the largest security in the ICT sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. CWG is a Pan-African Systems Integrator with operations in Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda and Cameroon with annual turnover of over $100m and about 650 employees across the Group. The company provides technology solutions that enable growth with aspiration to be the number one Cloud Platform Provider in Africa by 2020.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2019
loopman:

Thief ! Who made him founder ?

Read this

http://cwg-plc.com/team/

you are ignorant
Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by loopman: 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
Anambralstson:

you are ignorant

Keep quiet!
I gave you the company website and you are busy quoting some hungry bloggers
You are ok?

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 1:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
loopman:

Keep quiet!
I gave you the company website and you are busy quoting some hungry bloggers
You are ok?
Cure your ignorance

Board of Directors CW

Philip Obioha – Chairman

Phillip Obioha is the Chairman, Board of Directors of CWG Plc. Prior to his transition to this current position, he was the Non-Executive Director on the board and served as the Chairman of FARCOM for the company. He has played many key roles in the Organisation from inception, as he led the former Communications Division of Computer Warehouse Group (CWG) Plc to become the foremost provider of Wide Area, Metropolitan, and Local Area Networks to corporate organizations, which made remote banking possible in the Nigerian banking system. Today, the footprints of CWG Plc can be seen in every transaction made at bank locations and other platforms.

Phillip is a fellow of the Institute of Directors. He has more than 20 years of cognitive experience in the Information Technology industry. He was trained as an Electrical Engineer, with specialization in Digital Electronics at West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia in USA. However, his mastery of Financial Engineering raises the bar in the realm of business finance. He also holds an MBA from the International Graduate School of Management (IESE), Navara, Spain.

He is also a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineer (IEEE, USA), Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG, corporate) and the Nigerian Computer Society (NCS). He was conferred with the Titans of Tech award by Technology Africa in 2015.
Austin Okere – Non Executive Director

Austin Okere is the Founder and Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the Ausso Leadership Academy. Austin has an MBA from IESE Business School, and over 30 years industry experience, covering roles in Visioning & Strategy, Relationship Management, Leadership Training, Corporate Management, Sales & Marketing, and Systems Analysis, with 23 years as Founder and CEO of CWG Plc (NSE: CWG). Austin is also an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Columbia Business School, New York, where he received special commendation for his mentorship role in innovation and entrepreneurship. Okere was appointed to the Advisory Board of the Global Business School Network in Washington DC in recognition of his major contribution to the development of business education and knowledge transfer in Africa.

Austin was also recognized with a Lifetime Entrepreneurship Achievement Award by the American University of Nigeria in 2017 for his dedicated service and outstanding entrepreneurial accomplishments. He received the Nigerian Computer Society Special Presidential Award in 2016, and was named ICT Personality of the year by the Society in 2014. He was also named ICT Man of the Decade by ICT Watch Africa Digital Network in 2012 and was listed on the United Kingdom C.Hub Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Creatives in 2016.

Austin is a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council and a Fellow of the Nigerian Computer Society and the Institute of Directors of Nigeria. His company, CWG Plc has been recognized as a ‘Global Growth Company’ by the World Economic Forum and is the largest security listed in the Technology Sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by loopman: 1:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
Anambralstson:

Cure your ignorance

Board of Directors CW

Philip Obioha – Chairman

Phillip Obioha is the Chairman, Board of Directors of CWG Plc. Prior to his transition to this current position, he was the Non-Executive Director on the board and served as the Chairman of FARCOM for the company. He has played many key roles in the Organisation from inception, as he led the former Communications Division of Computer Warehouse Group (CWG) Plc to become the foremost provider of Wide Area, Metropolitan, and Local Area Networks to corporate organizations, which made remote banking possible in the Nigerian banking system. Today, the footprints of CWG Plc can be seen in every transaction made at bank locations and other platforms.

Phillip is a fellow of the Institute of Directors. He has more than 20 years of cognitive experience in the Information Technology industry. He was trained as an Electrical Engineer, with specialization in Digital Electronics at West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia in USA. However, his mastery of Financial Engineering raises the bar in the realm of business finance. He also holds an MBA from the International Graduate School of Management (IESE), Navara, Spain.

He is also a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineer (IEEE, USA), Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG, corporate) and the Nigerian Computer Society (NCS). He was conferred with the Titans of Tech award by Technology Africa in 2015.
Austin Okere – Non Executive Director

[b]Austin Okere is the Founder [/b]and Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the Ausso Leadership Academy. Austin has an MBA from IESE Business School, and over 30 years industry experience, covering roles in Visioning & Strategy, Relationship Management, Leadership Training, Corporate Management, Sales & Marketing, and Systems Analysis, with 23 years as Founder and CEO of CWG Plc (NSE: CWG). Austin is also an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Columbia Business School, New York, where he received special commendation for his mentorship role in innovation and entrepreneurship. Okere was appointed to the Advisory Board of the Global Business School Network in Washington DC in recognition of his major contribution to the development of business education and knowledge transfer in Africa.

Austin was also recognized with a Lifetime Entrepreneurship Achievement Award by the American University of Nigeria in 2017 for his dedicated service and outstanding entrepreneurial accomplishments. He received the Nigerian Computer Society Special Presidential Award in 2016, and was named ICT Personality of the year by the Society in 2014. He was also named ICT Man of the Decade by ICT Watch Africa Digital Network in 2012 and was listed on the United Kingdom C.Hub Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Creatives in 2016.

Austin is a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council and a Fellow of the Nigerian Computer Society and the Institute of Directors of Nigeria. His company, CWG Plc has been recognized as a ‘Global Growth Company’ by the World Economic Forum and is the largest security listed in the Technology Sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

Lmao

Why not are you cutting and joining

Place the whole page here !!

Bloody idiat grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by Anambralstson: 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2019
loopman:

Lmao

Why not are you cutting and joining

Place the whole page here !!

Bloody idiat grin
Bloody otondo I thought you said Computer warehouse is not own by Igbo man
Re: Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? by loopman: 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2019
Anambralstson:

Bloody otondo I thought you said Computer warehouse is not own by Igbo man

So after reading the group BOD and management you are still claiming it’s an Igbo owned business, then your education is pure waste of time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

FG Begins Payment Of Wage Award For November / What exactly Is True Federalism? / NASDRA And The Air Force Collaborate To Build Guided Missiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.