Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe (140938 Views)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
SheWrites:

After house chores... I dey come
buy popcorn come gimme if u dey come
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
SASSY AND SLAYING: DIARY OF A SINGLE NAIJA BABE
Episode 33

Dear diary,

18th February, 2017.

I am back diary! Did you miss me? I have been quite busy. Work and all, you know.

I received my first salary from Sweet Things Bakery. It feels good to be earning an income again. I have so many bills to sort out.

My new colleagues are okay sha. The manager, Bode Akintola, watches us like a hawk. Especially the bakers and the sales reps. We also have cleaners, drivers, Account officers, security guards, Office assistants, and the Personal Assistant to the owner of the bakery. That covers the whole staff, I think. Who did I leave out?

The staff are kind of nice and I have a good working relationship with them all. I have met the owner of the bakery, Mr. Praise Etadafe, a few times. I have also seen his wife and children. Lovely family.

The man has a chocolate brown skin, he is six feet tall, broad shouldered, very good looking and he is a believer. Me I envy the wife sha.

But, I don’t know wetin I do my oga o. The owner of the Bakery. Whenever he comes into the office, he frowns at me. Even if he comes in smiling or laughing, once he looks my way, he will just frown, turn to the next person and smile again. I am beginning to think that he doesn’t like me. Or maybe I remind him of someone he doesn't like. Or what do you think, diary?

I will just give him some space. I need my job.

Ddiary don’t ask me how I spent my Val’s day. It was none existent. As far as I am concerned. I might resume celebrating Val’s day once I start dating again or rather, when I meet Mr. Right.

I got back from work today and as I was heading towards the stairway, I heard Kingsley and his girlfriend talking loudly. His girlfriend was actually shouting at the top of her lungs. I heard everything she said.

“You call this wretched perfume a gift? Did I tell you that the one I am currently using has finished? Do you even know the kind of perf I use? This silly one you bought is ten times less the cost of my roll on. Talkabout my perf!”

I stood where I was nonplussed. When some of us do not have a man to call a boyfriend, this babe has a man she can call her own and she is here downgrading the gift he bought for her.

Some men don suffer sha. Some women don show men pepper. The lady said more. So much more I wanted to cover my ears, but aproko will not allow me.

“When your mates out there took their women to expensive restaurants to celebrate the Val’s day, you bought me a cheap perfume, four days late, for that matter.”

This lady sef. The guy might have been busy on Val’s day. At least, he still had it in mind and bought you a gift.

Honestly, I would have been equally upset if I didn’t receive a gift on Val’s day from my man, but I will understand if he was busy. I know that everyday is not Christmas.

“You think I can marry you, what do you even have? That useless car you own is not a car, but a wheel barrow. And this apartment is worse than a face me and face you room. I can never live here with you. God forbid! If I want to marry, my fiancé must have a jeep and own his own house, preferably a duplex in a choice part of town.”

The lady ranted. I placed my hands on my head because there was a time I used to think like her. Now, I know better. This lady doesn’t know the value of her man.

Kingsley was a hardworking guy with a good job. He lives in a one bedroom flat and he owns a Toyota corolla. How many bachelors can boast of that? How many of his peers can boast of what he has?

She has no idea that Kingsley has plans to build his own house first, before buying a better car. The guy knows what he wants. This lady lacks patience. This is how many ladies have lost the man they were supposed to spend the rest of their lives with.

This lady went on and on and whenever Kingsley tried to talk, she shut him up. At the end of the day, she broke up with him and left.

I felt so, so sad for him. I wish I could go in there and console him, but, I went upstairs and entered my flat.

It is a good thing that Kingsley is currently single again. God willing, something might work out between us. Who knows? Let’s see how it goes. I am going to be very positive. No negative thoughts must enter my mind.

It's late diary. I need to sleep now, so that I can wake up early enough for work tomorrow morning.

Talk to you later.

Night night Diary.

10 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by DPricey1(f): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2019
laslas, Ego don see husband grin
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2019
DPricey1:
laslas, Ego don see husband grin
Thanks for the update ma'am

You're welcome...
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by ukaface(f): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2019
Now she's getting too desperate.
Nice one shewrites,keep em coming ma
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by royalguy123(m): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
Good write ups, keep it up but the episode is too short, more ink to your pen and more wisdom to continue keeping us entertained!!!!
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2019
ukaface:
Now she's getting too desperate. Nice one shewrites,keep em coming ma
*winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2019
royalguy123:
Good write ups, keep it up but the episode is too short,
more ink to your pen and more wisdom to continue keeping us entertained!!!!

Thanks
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Patotelli(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2019
Hmmmm!..... Finally am here. Been glued to my phone for a while nw. I did say a big kudos 2 u, its not easy dear. For everyone saying all the ill events Nwakaego going through is to much, i want to let u knw dis is what most pretty girls of her status eye dey see. May God be with us all. I pray a better husband 4 her.

#patotelli
@pattoski_aladin
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by adeotiolawale: 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
frictional story, but pls continue
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Ann2012(f): 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
Na real wa

Well done ma'am
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2019
Patotelli:
Hmmmm!..... Finally am here. Been glued to my phone for a while nw. I did say a big kudos 2 u, its not easy dear. For everyone saying all the ill events Nwakaego going through is to much, i want to let u knw dis is what most pretty girls of her status eye dey see. May God be with us all. I pray a better husband 4 her.

#patotelli
@pattoski_aladin

*hugs*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ann2012:
Na real wa
Well done ma'am
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2019
Episode 34

Dear diary,

30th April, 2017.

I can’t remember the last time I cried so much in my entire life. It all seemed like a very bad dream. I went to work yesterday and just after our lunch break, the bakery manager arrived. He has never been late to work before, except when he was on office duties.

Mr. Bode gathered the entire staff and informed us that the owner of the bakery. Mr Praise Etadafe, his pretty wife and adorable kids were involved in a motor accident on their way back to Lagos. The family went home to celebrate the Easter holiday, but on their way back to Lagos, a trailer ran their vehicle off the express road!

Many of us wept. We are still crying o. Mr Bode said the entire family were battling for their lives in General Hospital in Ogun state. He asked us to put them in our prayers.

When I returned to my desk, the tears just kept flowing. My face was like a broken dam. Many of the staff could hardly concentrate on their work. We all pray that Mr. Praise and his family will recover speedily.

I cannot just imagine what their relatives and in-laws will be going through right now. I won’t be surprised if these evil people are involved. Why do they want to wipe out an entire family? This is one of the reasons why my mum stopped travelling home during the festive season. She still believes that her late husband was taken from her before his time. I cannot remember the last time my siblings and I went to our home town. My sister and brother had their traditional and court weddings right here in Lagos. They didn’t go home at all, regardless of the threats from our father’s side of the family. At the end of the day, they sent representatives to Lagos. Shikena! Who wan die?

When it is time for me to get married, I won’t go home either. I know that God has put his angels in charge over me, yet, I will not allow all these evil people to remember that I even exist. Out of sight is indeed out of mind.

I feel for our oga and his family. Especially those his kids that are not up to eighteen years.

It’s Saturday and I thank God that I can chill at home. Only the Bakers and the Sales Reps go to work on Saturdays. Someone is knocking on my door right now and I am sure that it is Kingsley.

He texted me this morning that he is coming to my place to eat his lunch. I have already made garri and melon soup with catfish. We will probably eat; watch some movies or gist till late in the night.

Kingsley and I are closer than before. I think he is still hurting. I think he really liked that babe that left him. But the girl no wan do again. Na her luck sha.

Many times, I have caught him looking at me one kind. I can tell that he has feelings for me. I will not lie, I have feelings for him too. He is a great guy. Someone that truly loves God and he is hardworking. In the near future, I can sense that he will make it, big time.

I like his kind of person. I think he is going to ask me out soonest. Probably once he is over that his ex. That girl really dealt with his self-esteem sha. Anyways, he will be back on his feet come what may.

Let me go and open the door diary. I will fill you in later.

Bye.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by jenifer007: 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2019
Thank you shewrites
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Vibesvbs(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
[right][/right]nice one sister
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
jenifer007:
Thank you shewrites
You're welcome
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2019
Vibesvbs:
[right][/right]nice one sister
*winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 15, 2019
I hope she get it right this time around
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Ann2012(f): 9:55am On Dec 15, 2019
Just be careful this time around and don't mess it up
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Palmerbarry: 10:56am On Dec 15, 2019
Shewrites is a very matured writer, one of the best on Nairaland. She hardly write about 'happy-ever-after' kinda stories or the regular & predictable betrayal/payback ones.
She's so natural and I learn more from her stories.
One more thing: she's swift delivering updates, I'm impressed.

Awaiting more updates...

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2019
Palmerbarry:
Shewrites is a very matured writer, one of the best on Nairaland. She hardly write about 'happy-ever-after' kinda stories or the regular & predictable betrayal/payback ones.
She's so natural and I learn more from her stories.
One more thing: she's swift delivering updates, I'm impressed.

Awaiting more updates...

I am honoured. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by veenessha(f): 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
Aunt shewrite forgive me for being a silent reader but the truth is I have been following your stories back to back. You are truly a gifted writer, I have learnt a lot from your stories.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
veenessha:
Aunt shewrite forgive me for being a silent reader but the truth is I have been following your stories back to back. You are truly a gifted writer, I have learnt a lot from your stories.

I am happy you've learnt a lot. That's good news in my ears.

*hugs&kisses*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
Episode 35

Dear diary,

8th May, 2017.

I am back! Did you miss me diary? I bet you did. I missed you too. So many things are happening at the same time. Good and bad things. But regardless, I know that God has taken control of everything.

We got a sad news at work during the week. My boss and his wife are still in critical conditions at the hospital, but their children passed on last weekend. Those lovely over-active children are no more. How would Mr Praise and his wife feel when they wake up and find out that their kids are no more. I cannot imagine what they would go through. I don’t even wish this kind of calamity on my worst enemy.

The bakery manager said we should keep praying for the Etadafes. I have not stopped praying for them. I just wish the children survived.

Thank God for good and efficient staff. The bakery is running smoothly. Mr Praise will be proud of us when he is discharged from the hospital. But, there is a sad atmosphere at my work place. No one is happy because of what our boss and family are passing through.

Hmmm... serious gbege happened in my compound this week o. One of the married women living on the first floor accused one of the single ladies living opposite my flat of sleeping with her husband and chasing him around town. The two women kept insulting themselves, out there in the open.

Before anyone could say Jack Robinson, they started to exchange blows. The married woman and the single lady fought to the extent that everyone stopped trying to separate or stop them.

Last, last, the woman’s husband was able to pull her away. Things have cooled off a bit in the compound, but these days, all the married women are looking at all the single ladies, myself included, like husband hunters. Na dem know. I am not after anyone’s husband. So, they better minus me from their list.

Yesterday evening, I was a bit down because I was thinking about my boss and his wife. It is a shame that their children are no more. Kingsley came to my apartment and met me in this sad mood. We joined hands together and prayed for my boss and his wife.

Then we went to the junction to get suya and soft drinks. We returned to my apartment and ate the meat with sliced bread. It was a good meal. I was stuffed.

We chatted for a while until I began to feel sleepy. Kingsley noticed. He decided to turn in for the night. I saw him off to the door and while we were exchanging “Goodnights” and “Sweet dreams”, our gazes locked.

I saw something in Kingsley’s eyes. I saw desire in his eyes and I was surprised. This guy really, really likes me and he finds me attractive. I was pleased. We are getting somewhere, aren’t we?

Something else happened. Or almost happened. While we were staring at each other, he leaned towards me, parted his lips and I am very sure that he was going to kiss me, but, those single ladies living opposite my flat chose that moment to open their dammed door. They came out, not greeting anyone, then strolled down the stair way.

Kingsley said goodnight again and left.

What do you think diary? I wonder what I would have done if he had kissed me. I wonder what it would have felt like. Oh lord!

Oh diary. I really, really like Kingsley Ike. I hope he gets over his ex soonest. I hope he asks me out soonest. I hope. I hope. I hope.

Oh...

6 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2019
Episode 36

Dear diary,

1st June, 2017.

Hi… Hi… I am just waking up now. I slept late last night. I am still feeling drowsy and physically exhausted. I am not sure I will go to work today. Thank God it’s Friday. I am so looking forward to the weekend.

Yesterday was a mixture of bitter and sweet experiences for me. Oh diary…

Yesterday afternoon, the manager of the bakery came back from the hospital and gave us the saddest news ever. Our boss’s wife didn’t make it. She passed on that morning.

Oh diary… what kind of calamity is this? I thought the death of Mr Praise’s kids was painful. But now, his wife is gone too. I can’t really explain how I felt yesterday. The whole staff in the bakery wailed and mourned her death. I am not sure we can take anymore sad news. This is just too much for us.

Oh diary, just imagine that poor man, waking up to realize that his wife and children were gone. I cannot imagine what he would feel, how he will respond…. I am just at a loss here.

The manager said we should keep praying for our boss.

Oh diary…. What if he dies? What will happen to the bakery? What if his family take over the place? What if I lose my job? I don’t mean to be selfish, but…. I am still human, ba? Shebi? Ko?

I pray that Mr Praise survives. I also pray that God will give him the strength to withstand the pain of his loss.

I was so sad when I returned from work yesterday. Kingsley came by and we both prayed for my boss again. There is nothing like too much prayers. He encouraged me to have faith in God concerning my boss’s health.

I will try. But, it is just so hard. Not after his wife and kids had kicked the bucket. The only thing coming to my mind now is just “death and burial! God help me!

Out of the blue, Kingsley told me how he felt about me. This guy has had feelings for me way before his girlfriend broke up with him.

Can you imagine? I knew it! I knew it o! I was so, so right after all.

Kingsley said friendship with me was cool, but he wanted more. Right then and there, he asked me out! Kingsley wants me to be his girl and I accepted. Me that have been dying for him to open his mouth sinceeeeee!

He was happy that I had feelings for him too. Yes, now. I told him that I liked him too. I told him that I would love to date him too and get to know him intimately.

He drew me close and planted a passionate kiss on my waiting lips. My God! This bobo is a really good kisser. I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed kissing like this. We kissed and kissed, until sparks flew!

I think my sitting room caught fire. Hahahaha….

He pulled away, cleared his throat and created a large space between us. I giggled because I knew that, that kissing could have led us to places we weren’t ready to go yet.

We talked till way past midnight. We talked about everything. It was beautiful.

Oh diary. I am so, so happy.

I think he returned to his own flat around one or so. I could barely sleep. I was just excited.

Diary, I am now in a relationship! At 29, I think I am falling in love again. Kingsley is 32, by the way.

It'ss half past six now. I so need to get ready for work. I do not want to go. I wish I was on leave or holiday or something. But, I don't have a choice here.

Got to go diary.

Ciao!

10 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by skubido(m): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
Smile

OP thanks for the update
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by favch(f): 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2019
happy for Ego, indeed joy comes in the morning
I pray the joy last
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Treasurewamiri(f): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2019
Finally, hope this would last? I feel for my Praise O! Loosing his wife and kids? Ah!
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by toyhin123(f): 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
Thanks for the wonderful update SheWrites
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by uchesmith14: 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2019
Wow, atlast..... I hope the relationship last long.
Thanks for the update @SheWrites ❤️

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply)

Beneath My Heart / Mask Hunter / Birthmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.