Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe (140988 Views)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 3:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrudySara:
Nwakaego... you have seen something sha. I hope your relationship with Kingsley won't go sideways!
Thanks for the update SheWrites!
*hugs*

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
StacyO:
Shewrites you're an amazing writer I must say. I'm a silent reader though
Hahahahahaha already on my first book.
Ego is stupid honestly. All this started with Korede and she escalated the whole issue.

Anyways,give us updates @shewrites

Thank you soooo much.

Updates are cooking.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
Everybody please help me to thank @pweetychyka
She has painstakingly been typing the entire story.
If not for her, there will be no updates till March 2020.
Thank you soooo much babes.
I love and appreciate you *hugs&kisses*

3 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by jenifer007: 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
Thank you pweetychyka.....we love you
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
SASSY AND SLAYING: DIARY OF A SINGLE NAIJA BABE
Episode 39

Dear diary,

August 15th, 2017.

I have had a very busy couple of weeks diary. So sorry I have not been writing. I am here now and I have enough gist for you. Let me start with my work at the bakery.

Mr Praise showed up at the office this week. The man is supposed to be grieving. But, I guess he prefers to drown himself with work, than sit at home feeling sorry for himself. I can't blame him sha.

He doesn’t frown at me anymore when he walks in, but he doesn’t smile either. That’s an improvement, right, diary? At least, now, I am not scared of getting sacked anymore. I remember those days when I thought Mr Praise didn’t like me. I was so scared of losing my job. Even now, I am not sure he likes me, still. But, I am assured that my job is safe.

Yesterday, the two single girls living in the compound opposite mine came out of their house, screaming at each other. I was with Kingsley when we heard the noise. We went out to see what was happening and we saw the girls, insulting each other.

There was a crowd gathered and everyone just stood there, watching the girls like a cinema. I overheard one of the girls accusing the other of going behind her back to seduce her boyfriend and also having the effrontery to start dating him.

The accused lady didn’t see anything wrong with what she had done and she claimed that she could do it over and over again. The angry girl slapped her across the face. The accused lady retaliated and a fight broke out.

Come and see fight o diary!

This is something I will never, ever be caught dead doing. I will never, ever stoop low and fight over a man.

These girls fought until they were almost naked! They ended up tearing each other’s clothes! Just imagine. The men stood by enjoying the view, while some women brought out wrappers and covered the girls.

The crowd dispersed later on and Kingsley saw me off to my door. He didn’t like the fight either. He said the day he catches his girlfriend fighting in the street, that will be the end of their relationship. He will dissolve the relationship without looking back. I assured him that I wasn’t that kind of girl. At my door, we hugged and kissed for a little bit, then pulled apart. We knew how things could heat up between us.

I said goodnight to him and went into my flat.

Oh diary! How long are we going to keep at this? How possible is it to date someone and keep one's hands to one self? Can one really, really like someone and not sleep with the person? Who has done this before?

I have always slept with the men I go out with. This no sex before marriage rule, ehn…. I don’t know o. But, if this is the way God wants it, I believe He is the only one that can ensure that I keep this rule.

Help me oh Jesus Christ. Your daughter is burning here!

5 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by ukaface(f): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
SheWrites:

You're welcome...

I like your spirit of discernment *winks*
haahhhaahah
Thanks
That's how we roll......lol
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Juliearth(f): 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
SheWrites:

Thanks to the typist. I can be of help too, if need be.

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Juliearth:

Thanks to the typist. I can be of help too, if need be.
Wonderful!
See my mail below. Holla at me.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
ukaface:
haahhhaahah Thanks That's how we roll......lol
Hehehehehe...
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by pweetychyka(f): 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2019
SheWrites:

wink wink wink wink you welkom momma.... I am honoured

@juliearth U most welcomed

@jenifer007 I love u ryt back sweetie

2 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Juliearth(f): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
SheWrites:

Wonderful!

See my mail below. Holla at me.

Done
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
Juliearth:

Done
I replied.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
Episode 40

Dear diary,

August 26th, 2017.

Hello diary, guess what? I had the bestest weekend ever! I am going to tell you all about it. Hope you are ready for some news?

My elder sister gave birth to a baby boy some days ago and the naming ceremony fell on Saturday. I told Kingsley about the occasion and he was willing to come with me.

When we got to my sister’s place, my mom was just staring at Kingsley and giving me questionable looks. I behaved as if I didn’t see her. Hahahaha….. the woman got tired of guessing who he was. She pulled me aside and asked about him and I gladly told her that he was my man.

Oh diary! You should have seen my mum. She was over-excited. Soon, my siblings got to know that he was my man and they started treating him like part of the family. Kingsley was ecstatic.

We had a good time at the party and we returned home with a lot of takeaway packs. Trust my mother.

Kingsley helped me to carry my share of the packs of juice and coolers to my apartment and we talked for a while.

He said that he liked my family and he was impressed at the way my mum and siblings treated him.

He said he saw a future with me and I am guessing that this guy is going to propose soonest!

Oh diary, I am already thinking of a Christmas wedding. I want to be married before I clock 30 next year January. I also want to have all my kids before I turn 35 years. I have everything planned out in my head and I pray that God will endorse it.

I am pretty optimistic. I saw Kingsley off to the door and we kissed.

Awww... I am so, so happy the way the weekend went. I am glad that my mum won’t be bothering me about marriage again. I am totally relieved. She can actually nag for Africa.

I got to go now diary.

I want to go down to Kingsley’s flat. He texted me that he has downloaded a new series movie. I can’t wait to watch it with him. I can't wait to spend some quality time with my man.

Bye diary!

10 Likes

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by PecLauren: 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
[quote author=SheWrites post=85021585]Everybody please help me to thank @pweetychyka

Chyka thank you o!!!
You don't know how much these write ups help us go through the day...
May you continue to be pweety...

@shewrites
May the ink of your pen never run dry

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
[quote author=PecLauren post=85031452][/quote]
*hugs*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Elvinho2244(m): 1:48am On Dec 19, 2019
SheWrites:
Episode 40

Dear diary,

August 26th, 2017.

Hello diary, guess what? I had the bestest weekend ever! I am going to tell you all about it. Hope you are ready for some news?

My elder sister gave birth to a baby boy some days ago and the naming ceremony fell on Saturday. I told Kingsley about the occasion and he was willing to come with me.

When we got to my sister’s place, my mom was just staring at Kingsley and giving me questionable looks. I behaved as if I didn’t see her. Hahahaha….. the woman got tired of guessing who he was. She pulled me aside and asked about him and I gladly told her that he was my man.

Oh diary! You should have seen my mum. She was over-excited. Soon, my siblings got to know that he was my man and they started treating him like part of the family. Kingsley was ecstatic.

We had a good time at the party and we returned home with a lot of takeaway packs. Trust my mother.

Kingsley helped me to carry my share of the packs of juice and coolers to my apartment and we talked for a while.

He said that he liked my family and he was impressed at the way my mum and siblings treated him.

He said he saw a future with me and I am guessing that this guy is going to propose soonest!

Oh diary, I am already thinking of a Christmas wedding. I want to be married before I clock 30 next year January. I also want to have all my kids before I turn 35 years. I have everything planned out in my head and I pray that God will endorse it.

I am pretty optimistic. I saw Kingsley off to the door and we kissed.

Awww... I am so, so happy the way the weekend went. I am glad that my mum won’t be bothering me about marriage again. I am totally relieved. She can actually nag for Africa.

I got to go now diary.

I want to go down to Kingsley’s flat. He texted me that he has downloaded a new series movie. I can’t wait to watch it with him. I can't wait to spend some quality time with my man.

Bye diary!

Nice one, pls always update ASAP cool
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by royalguy123(m): 7:04am On Dec 19, 2019
Elvinho2244:

Nice one, pls always update ASAP cool
Op must you quote the whole episode just to write this,save us the stress pls,
shewrite keep it flowing more ink to your pen and more wisdom to keep us entertained you're bless ,
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by aprilwise(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2019
Thanks for the update. Nice one
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Eberex(m): 10:37am On Dec 19, 2019
Finally they will knack while watching the movie together

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by jummy604: 10:40am On Dec 19, 2019
thanks shewrites.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:06am On Dec 19, 2019
royalguy123:

Op must you quote the whole episode just to write this,save us the stress pls,
shewrite keep it flowing more ink to your pen and more wisdom to keep us entertained you're bless ,

*winks*

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:07am On Dec 19, 2019
jummy604:
thanks shewrites.
*hugs*

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:08am On Dec 19, 2019
aprilwise:
Thanks for the update. Nice one
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by BlizzydoDo(f): 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2019
Interesting read Shewrites.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlizzydoDo:
Interesting read Shewrites.
Thanks
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by kingcornel(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
I knw say una must gum body...lol
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by skubido(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2019
SheWrites:

@Pweety tanks oooo

1 Like

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by MichaelBlake40: 2:00am On Dec 20, 2019
She writes jus dey reply "Thank you" to every complimentary comment issorite.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by ukaface(f): 8:34am On Dec 20, 2019
Ma'am shewrites drop something for us na
How far with Kingsley and ego guming body?
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2019
ukaface:
Ma'am shewrites drop something for us na
How far with Kingsley and ego guming body?

Lol...
@pweetychyka is off the radar this weekend oooo....

She will type the remaining episodes by Sunday...

Just ten more episodes to go and we are done *winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:17am On Dec 20, 2019
Due to special demands...
Enjoy your weekend with this episode...
Don't be oliver twist asking for more ooo...
@pweetychyka is not around.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2019

CHAPTER 41

Dear Diary,

1st September, 2017.

Hi... hi... I am happier these days because things are working together for my good. My work is good and my relationship with Kingsley is better.
I had a lot of shopping to do during the weekend, so I went to the market. Guess who I saw diary.
I saw Mr. Praise, my boss, pricing pepper and tomatoes. I was impressed because he was doing quite well negotiating with those mamas.
But when I noticed that those meat sellers were trying to cheat him, I interfered and they gave me looks that says 'What's your own?'

God punish them. Look at how they want to swindle my recently widowed boss. If I had not gotten involved, the poor man would have paid double the amount for the kilos of meat he wanted to purchase.

I had to collect my boss' shopping list and helped him to buy the rest of the things he needed. Mr. Praise was very happy. He told me that he was now living like a regular bachelor and he didn't like it.

He was doing his own shopping, cooking, laundry and cleaning again. And he wasn't finding it funny. He asked me to help him to get someone that can shop and cook, and another person that can clean his three bedroom bungalow and also do his laundry on a weekly basis.

I already had someone in mind. One of the cleaners at work told me that he needed a side job. I presumed that the guy would be willing to clean our boss' place and do his laundry too. I would later ask around for someone that can shop and cook for my boss on a weekly basis.

Out of pity, I told my boss that I would follow him home and cook a few things for him, pending when I get him a cook that can resume the next weekend.

Oh diary, you should have seen the look on Mr. Praise's face. He was surprised and happy. I can tell that, this man hasn't eaten a proper meal in a while. Even rich people do not like to eat out all the time. They also loved home cooked meals.
When we got to Mr. Praise's home in Ilupeju, the driver parked the car, while the security guard helped us to bring the loads of foodstuffs into the house.

I arranged everything in the freezer and cupboards and placed the rest in the store room. The driver had to help me when the security guard returned to his post.

I was shocked to see all my boss' pots empty! Na wa o! I started to cook almost immediately. I made six different kinds of soup, Melon, Ogbonna, Banga, Edikiankon, Oha, and Black soup. I also made yam porridge, beans, jollof rice, chicken stew, beef stew and fish stew.

I was happy when I was done because I knew that the man would have enough cooked food that would last him for two weeks max.

I served him and while I planned to leave, he told me not to look for a cook anymore. He said I fitted into the position. Right then and there, he gave me N15,000 cash.

He said he would pay me this amount every weekend to shop and cook for him. I accepted sharply. Me wey dey look for extra money before.
If I add this to my monthly salary, I will have about a hundred and ten thousand naira every month. God don't butter my bread o!

I didn't meet Kingsley when I got home in the evening. I tried calling him, bit he didn't pick my calls. He later sent a text message that he was at work. They had an emergency meeting.

I miss him already.

Got to go now diary. Someone is knocking at my door.

Maybe it is Kingsley. Maybe he is back from work.

Yippee!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Beneath My Heart / Mask Hunter / Birthmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.