Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. (27723 Views)

Kenyan Man Commits Suicide After Lover Cheated On Him (photos) / Why Are People Still Smoking After Reading This? (Pictures) / Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Toosure70: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2019
Good advice for bloda from potopoto republic, not to commit suicide because of Lagos and Tinubu
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Holywizard: 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
I'm just confused! I'm really broke and mad.
PrecisionFx:

Hello.

But u aren't contemplating suicide right?
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by omoteacher(m): 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
Holywizard:
I'm highly depressed and saddened.
A graduate without a meaningful job to eat.
Sometimes I just feel like to end things.
Social media is not helping things seeing my mates living larger.
God plz help me

shocked shocked shocked

Kindly send me your acct details. Let me assist with lil change. Tis well!

2 Likes

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by CioAngels(f): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hospital which is the last place to get relief will discuss you with people that are not on medical line with them, i mean. cleaners and their likes. You see the way they avoid you all of a sudden, signs to you that you have been talked about. There was a man who decided to tong to the hospital again after he knew that he is been mocked by lower people in the hospital he goes. Nurses should take their duty to their patient as highly confidential, No, Nigerian Nurses and some Doctors are with basket mouth. A times i wonder if their training in Nigeria is different from the whites.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by id4sho(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
chibu4u2:

Just one of this would have prevented a fool like you. Waste of sperm.
Foolish Nigeria youth.
You are right, but how about you that gat DOWN SYNDROME ,slow poke lifeless pig

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by ThothHermes: 7:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
nanakgh:
DONT do it. Almost swallowed a cocktail of pills one time in 2016 before my lil bro entered the house from school. I was ill, lonely and single not by choice, broke, disrespected and jobless and I hated it and wanted all the pain and shame to end.
I was a jobless graduate who had friends making it and it felt like it would never end and I was always going to be late.
I almost did it before my bro entered the house and suddenly called out my name before I answered with a shaky voice and hid the pills which I later threw away. One of the few occasions in my life I still consider divine intervention. Fast forward to 2019, I have a perfect fiancé (not perfect but u know what I mean) , a good job which pays well (today I get to complain about long hours and small pay grin grin grin) and there are so many plans we have and the future looks so bright and I've been working not even 2 years now.

My life isnt even close to perfect but things are so much better than just three years ago when i was at my lowest. I'm actually doing the things I always planned to do now. Its crazy. I dunno what u believe but no matter what it is, life generally has a way of sorting things out. Write those applications, learn the trade..just do something and you'll be fine. I'm proof. Hold on. Don't do it.
Thank you. This helped me.

I wan mad here wink

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by encryptjay(m): 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
Depression is real. I know how books I read. The movies I watched to stay on the postive side. Some nairalanders too motivated me. Sometimes you feel the world is not treating you right and think there's a better place. When you think of suicide, think about your loved ones. I have seen how my mum cried when she lost some loved ones. It's really painful. Then if I should attempt it, I don't know if Nigeria will stand cos it's going to be like flood.
One thing is to think positive about yourself, always.
Don't be moved by what you see, it might be hard but you have to endure.
Talk to someone close about your issues. SPEAK UP!
Read motivational stuff.
Don't bother about not having many people around you, for me, I have so many people that don't sincerely care about me but they're just for what you have in any form.
The love and conscience in this country(I don't want to say world) is fading away.
We have to show love.

4 Likes

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by caye(m): 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
chiedu7:
If you commit suicide , you are killing yourself.

That's murder, hell awaits.

Another one eating 'Mama Thank-you' food.
Small boy.

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Curthejah(f): 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
quote author=id4sho post=77431906]
When your Father die you will learn [/quote]
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2019
id4sho:

When your Father die you will learn

Very true,before now I don't feel anything like pains but since Monday my father died, I don't know how this world looks like to me, depressed and confused, this life ehh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
Holywizard:
I'm just confused! I'm really broke and mad.

Okay, at least thank God u aren't planning a suicide. Just be patient, lots of things u are going thru now will sort itself out
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Chuksgeo: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
GeneralMatt:
Really

Scammer
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by chidooski565(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
[quote author=MiaB post=77432239]it is t

late[/never give up babe
we love you
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2019
sweetnonsense:
I'm actually feeling suicidal... things are not working out fine for me... I think ending it all would be best for me... If I die today, no one would cry for me. no one would even notice...

Hello
What part of Nigeria are you in?
You and Holywizard
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by id4sho(m): 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
angelusbrut:

Very true,before now I don't feel anything like pains but since Monday my father died, I don't know how this world looks like to me, depressed and confused, this life ehh
May his soul rest in Peace, Take Heart man .I Pray that God console you

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Albinoflash(m): 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
sweetnonsense:
I'm actually feeling suicidal... things are not working out fine for me... I think ending it all would be best for me... If I die today, no one would cry for me. no one would even notice...
am still searching for someone close to my kind of depression.its rear and am surprised i have survived dis long.i droped out of school on my final year without any reason,i lost all my childhood friends and lost contact with my school friends.the worst is dat most people tot i had graduated even my school mates cos i took the final exams.now my parents are frustrated and dat is making me more frustrated.i wake up everyday just wishing it will be my last to end dis misery.my parents try to introduce me to God but i have long lost hope in christ.have neva been to any church gathering since 2years.even though i still tink i love God,but everything makes me think their is nothing he can do 4 me.when i say am d worst human on earth i am damn seriox cos i am
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by stalingraddd(m): 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
id4sho:
When your Father die you will learn
wtf man
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by MiaB(f): 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
[quote author=akiOYIBO post=77434031]
My dear pls dnt be serious abt this. I love u, we love u. I can help o[/quote
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by UnFunmi(m): 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2019
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by chiedu7: 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2019
caye:

Another one eating 'Mama Thank-you' food.
Small boy.

explain
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Austeenonline(m): 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
To throw more light on this, let me say one could be very depressed without being suicidal. I for one is an example. Depression can drive you to quietness or seclusion, snapping (like picking up a gun and shorting at innocent persons). Depression can lead to other mental health issues (like insanity). The most important thing for us as humans is to be careful and mindful of what we say to people who come directly or indirectly (like seeking advice on Nairaland) to us. Hiding behind a phone and talking insensibly can push an already depressed person to do the unthinkable and we would not even know how we played a terrible part in that. Unfortunately, Nairaland is 70% childish and fooolish kids who are just dumb.

4 Likes

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by jetz(m): 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
Suicide and depression is as real as real esp now in naija you can visit https://fightingdepression.org.ng to read about how to cub and fight depression in naija.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
Kingpee2:
I don’t know how to greet or console people who just lost someone,just don’t know the exact words to say .
I'm on this table, most times I don't even bother visiting or like seeing the person
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Rilwayne001: 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
Depression is real truly. I've been depressed in the past and I can tell how terrible it is. To the extent whenever I remember those times, it sends some chill to my spine. I remember how I felt my head was growing large like it was going to burst. I remember how hot it gets whenever I locked myself in my room thinking of being jobless and where I had laid my hope, nothing was coming fort. But then, it was never to the extreme of thinking suicide.

The point is, I have come realize why people commit suicide. I think this thread has even more imbibed that. We cannot blame those who commit suicide really, as we cannot see true their prism. Sometimes when we lay too much hope on a certain thing without no alternative and at then at the end it doesn't come as expected, such thing tends to hit us hard to the extent we start to think of our purpose in life and the need to exit, after all it's useless. This reason why I'll not blame people for this is that, I'm not in their shoe to see what's going on. Like those who are living life comfortably will be quick to call those who commit suicide cowards and all sorts of name. It was easy for them because one way or the other they are sustaining themselves. But a graduate with all requirements, not getting a job. Finding it hard to even eat once a day. Not having money to travel to further search for job. Being slandered by family and all that, will definitely cause depression. Definitely when one starts seeing those who one is even better than doing well more than one, you will definitely feel depression and you will start looking at yourselves like yuoe're useless and purposeless.

However my own solution to this is that we need to build a strong self esteem. With strong self esteem, you'll never see yourself low. And for whatever reason you'll keep on going amidst all adversities. And also their is need to cut back on social media. No doubt when you see people of your category doing better than you definitely will get depress and ask how you've been miserable. And although with self esteem you'll likely not see it that way, but then it's better of.

But as for those who commit suicide because of rejection from partner, that's understandable but IMO, foolish decision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by UnFunmi(m): 8:39pm On Apr 10, 2019
nanakgh:
DONT do it. Almost swallowed a cocktail of pills one time in 2016 before my lil bro entered the house from school. I was ill, lonely and single not by choice, broke, disrespected and jobless and I hated it and wanted all the pain and shame to end.
I was a jobless graduate who had friends making it and it felt like it would never end and I was always going to be late.
I almost did it before my bro entered the house and suddenly called out my name before I answered with a shaky voice and hid the pills which I later threw away. One of the few occasions in my life I still consider divine intervention. Fast forward to 2019, I have a perfect fiancé (not perfect but u know what I mean) , a good job which pays well (today I get to complain about long hours and small pay grin grin grin) and there are so many plans we have and the future looks so bright and I've been working not even 2 years now.

My life isnt even close to perfect but things are so much better than just three years ago when i was at my lowest. I'm actually doing the things I always planned to do now. Its crazy. I dunno what u believe but no matter what it is, life generally has a way of sorting things out. Write those applications, learn the trade..just do something and you'll be fine. I'm proof. Hold on. Don't do it.

Thanks for this. Inspiring!

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Fisher007: 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
Holywizard:
God plz help me

Hmm. Now let me give you a little advice.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Fisher007: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
Holywizard:
God plz help me

Hmm. Now let me give you a little advice.
Please I say do not hate the messenger, instead listen and gain a deeper understanding of the message.

I have been through depression and healing gradually. I can talk on this subject matter well from experience.

You are not enjoying the process to your happiness.
You are just looking for the end result. You see you need to learn certain things in depression stage. Trust me I know it sound weird but you will realise this when it is over.

Firstly I will tell you to thank God you are experiencing this at a young age. Because you can plan and work for better future. It is a message for you to get prepared and plan your future well. I can bodily tell you 80 percent of people experience it at old age. Why? Cause they got a job immediately after school and got married but they never really understand the true nature or essence of life.

Second, You need to read books not on depression. But on wealth creation not rich creation. There are a lot of books on get rich scheme or advice but avoid them. This wealth creation. books will give you deep knowledge on how to survive financially all through your life.

Thirdly, social media is fake. You should know that by now. A lot people are on fickle fate. The fact you see a turkey flying doesn't mean a turkey can fly. You need to have an inner reflection on what works for you and makes you happy on the low. Not following or stocking people's profile to reflect on yourself.

And generally to curb all you need God for divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. You need him to take you on turbulent water where people (family, friends, relatives, enemy, lovers etc) leave you.

That is where you will you will grow from being a boy to a man. The transition into your end result. Young friend enjoy it and learn.

Safe.

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by JESUSmessiah: 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2019
THE WORD OF TRUTH:

The Creation

“In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth” (Genesis 1:1) “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with GOD, and the Word was GOD” (John 1:1) “And the LORD GOD formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Genesis 2:7) “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3) “For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; GOD himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else” (Isaiah 45:18 ) “By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth” (Psalms 33:6) “The earth is the LORD’s, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. (Psalms 24:1)

The Sovereignty of GOD

“Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is GOD in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else” (Deuteronomy 4:39)
“Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting GOD, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding” (Isaiah 40:28 )
“Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our GOD, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:7-9)
“Thou art worthy, O LORD, to receive glory honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created” (Revelation 4:11)

JESUS CHRIST is the Son of GOD

“For GOD so Loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For GOD sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of GOD” (John 3:16-18) “Whosoever shall confess that JESUS is the Son of GOD, GOD dwelleth in him, and he in GOD” (1 John 4:15) “For there is one GOD, and one mediator between GOD and men, the man CHRIST JESUS; who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time” (1 Timothy 2:5-6) “In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible GOD, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: All things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist” (Colossians 1:14-17) “Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.” (1 John 2:23) “ JESUS saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6) “This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:11-12)

The Last Days

“That ye be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the LORD and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation” (2 Peter 3:2-4 ) “The LORD is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9) “For the LORD himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of GOD: and the dead in CHRIST shall rise first:” (1 Thessalonians 4:16) “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death” (Revelation 21:8 )

JESUS CHRIST is our LORD and Saviour

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23) “But GOD commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8 ) “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the LORD;” (Acts 3:19) “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in earth, and things in heaven, and things in the earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:10-11) “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth The LORD JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:9-10) “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear GOD, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man” (Ecclesiastes 12:13) “And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.” (1 John 3:23) “That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our LORD JESUS CHRIST: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the KING of kings, and the LORD of lords;” (1 Timothy 6:14-15) “I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the ending, saith the LORD, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8 )

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" (Proverbs 9:10)
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever" (Psalm 111:10)

To know more, read the Word of GOD daily in the HOLY BIBLE (king James version)
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by 9jamustchange: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
For a truth, God loves all mankind, He has provided the solution for all life's challenges, He plans a bright future for all and gives everyone the assurance that it is well! Only hear and believe!
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Holywizard: 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
Eastern/Southern part of the country but I won't mind appearing to ur side if actually something can come out
merahki:

Hello
What part of Nigeria are you in?
You and Holywizard
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Holywizard: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2019
omoteacher:

shocked shocked shocked

Kindly send me your acct details. Let me assist with lil change. Tis well!
0724948932 Access bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Covid19 Experience In Ireland - Nairalander Narrates. Photos / 5 Signs Your Body Is Overstressed / CNN Fires Unvaccinated Employees For Going To Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.