Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. (27726 Views)

Kenyan Man Commits Suicide After Lover Cheated On Him (photos) / Why Are People Still Smoking After Reading This? (Pictures) / Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by OneManLegion(m): 9:38pm On Apr 10, 2019
xoxocandy:
Yea no one wants to help, even to loan

Happy birthday, babe.

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by nanakgh(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
AdorableJosh:

Can I just skip to the time it gets better? Glad you got a turn around.

Thanks. We all eventually get the chance to make the turnaround.

2 Likes

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by nanakgh(m): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
ThothHermes:
Thank you. This helped me.

I wan mad here wink

You'll be fine. Just stay strong and hold on. Thank you too

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by mamaluwe22(f): 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
[ thank you for this. You just saved a soul

quote author=nanakgh post=77431956]DONT do it. Almost swallowed a cocktail of pills one time in 2016 before my lil bro entered the house from school. I was ill, lonely and single not by choice, broke, disrespected and jobless and I hated it and wanted all the pain and shame to end.
I was a jobless graduate who had friends making it and it felt like it would never end and I was always going to be late.
I almost did it before my bro entered the house and suddenly called out my name before I answered with a shaky voice and hid the pills which I later threw away. One of the few occasions in my life I still consider divine intervention. Fast forward to 2019, I have a perfect fiancé (not perfect but u know what I mean) , a good job which pays well (today I get to complain about long hours and small pay grin grin grin) and there are so many plans we have and the future looks so bright and I've been working not even 2 years now.

My life isnt even close to perfect but things are so much better than just three years ago when i was at my lowest. I'm actually doing the things I always planned to do now. Its crazy. I dunno what u believe but no matter what it is, life generally has a way of sorting things out. Write those applications, learn the trade..just do something and you'll be fine. I'm proof. Hold on. Don't do it.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Omooba224: 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
Depression is an hormonally induced chemical imbalance in the brain. One sad fact is that it happens whenever an individual is too deep in thoughts and it will surely disappear if and only if one gets busier with his/her life and less thoughful. No matter how high the urge to take away your life, please know that the state is just temporary. Please do not give into to your emotions.
Are you a graduate without a job for a long time? Get yourself busy in acquiring skills that will increase your knowledge. Stop judging yourself based on other people's lives. Everybody's success in this world is independent and subjective.
You are the type that thinks he is too old to become something? Care less because different people with different success time. Keep your head up. There is no guarantee for another life. You have just this life. Do not bother yourself about things you don't have control over. Your emotions are controllable only by you.
Please remain strong.

3 Likes

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by sweetnonsense(m): 10:45pm On Apr 10, 2019
merahki:

Hello What part of Nigeria are you in? You and Holywizard
I'm in Edo State... Benin city precisely
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by drskyfly007(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
Holywizard:
I'm highly depressed and saddened.
A graduate without a meaningful job to eat.
Sometimes I just feel like to end things.
Social media is not helping things seeing my mates living larger.
God plz help me
Stop judging people's progress by looking at social media..

Everybody is doing well on social media...

Fake lives every where.......

2 Likes

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by bitmoney: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
The worst thing that can happen to a highly suicidal person is when death keeps rejecting you no matter how much poison you take into your body system.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Holywizard: 11:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
Thank you bro but my problem is when will all these end?
Fisher007:

Hmm. Now let me give you a little advice.
Please I say do not hate the messenger, instead listen and gain a deeper understanding of the message.

I have been through depression and healing gradually. I can talk on this subject matter well from experience.

You are not enjoying the process to your happiness.
You are just looking for the end result. You see you need to learn certain things in depression stage. Trust me I know it sound weird but you will realise this when it is over.

Firstly I will tell you to thank God you are experiencing this at a young age. Because you can plan and work for better future. It is a message for you to get prepared and plan your future well. I can bodily tell you 80 percent of people experience it at old age. Why? Cause they got a job immediately after school and got married but they never really understand the true nature or essence of life.

Second, You need to read books not on depression. But on wealth creation not rich creation. There are a lot of books on get rich scheme or advice but avoid them. This wealth creation. books will give you deep knowledge on how to survive financially all through your life.

Thirdly, social media is fake. You should know that by now. A lot people are on fickle fate. The fact you see a turkey flying doesn't mean a turkey can fly. You need to have an inner reflection on what works for you and makes you happy on the low. Not following or stocking people's profile to reflect on yourself.

And generally to curb all you need God for divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. You need him to take you on turbulent water where people (family, friends, relatives, enemy, lovers etc) leave you.

That is where you will you will grow from being a boy to a man. The transition into your end result. Young friend enjoy it and learn.

Safe.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Holywizard: 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
The thought of hurting my parents/family with suicide is terrible. That would be killing my mom too
PrecisionFx:

Hello.

But u aren't contemplating suicide right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by omoteacher(m): 11:13pm On Apr 10, 2019
Holywizard:
0724948932 Access bank.
Name - Ndukwe Wisdom

shocked shocked shocked

Sent, please manage the little token. Tis well, I pray immediate help locate you soonest.

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Holywizard: 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
Thank you and God bless
omoteacher:

shocked shocked shocked

Sent, please manage the little token. Tis well, I pray immediate help locate you soonest.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by omoteacher(m): 11:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
Holywizard:
Thank you and God bless

shocked shocked shocked

You are welcome, please reach me on 08068065459. I'm David.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by alabi484(m): 12:13am On Apr 11, 2019
nanakgh:
DONT do it. Almost swallowed a cocktail of pills one time in 2016 before my lil bro entered the house from school. I was ill, lonely and single not by choice, broke, disrespected and jobless and I hated it and wanted all the pain and shame to end.
I was a jobless graduate who had friends making it and it felt like it would never end and I was always going to be late.
I almost did it before my bro entered the house and suddenly called out my name before I answered with a shaky voice and hid the pills which I later threw away. One of the few occasions in my life I still consider divine intervention. Fast forward to 2019, I have a perfect fiancé (not perfect but u know what I mean) , a good job which pays well (today I get to complain about long hours and small pay grin grin grin) and there are so many plans we have and the future looks so bright and I've been working not even 2 years now.

My life isnt even close to perfect but things are so much better than just three years ago when i was at my lowest. I'm actually doing the things I always planned to do now. Its crazy. I dunno what u believe but no matter what it is, life generally has a way of sorting things out. Write those applications, learn the trade..just do something and you'll be fine. I'm proof. Hold on. Don't do it.

So, I am in your 2016 at the moment just that my mum has lot 2 children already, loosing me will kill her straight up, so I secretly hope I'll get lost in an accident some day, I don't know why I feel so disconnected, helpless and empty and there's no one to talk to..I'm scared, I just cried reading your comment and hopefully I'll be in your 2019 some time soon

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by UnFunmi(m): 5:56am On Apr 11, 2019
alabi484:

So, I am in your 2016 at the moment just that my mum has lot 2 children already, loosing me will kill her straight up, so I secretly hope I'll get lost in an accident some day, I don't know why I feel so disconnected, helpless and empty and there's no one to talk to..I'm scared, I just cried reading your comment and hopefully I'll be in your 2019 some time soon

The most interesting thing about bad times is they can't outlast us. It's difficult, I get. But they are temporary. Don't lose yourself. Please hold on. For the sake of your mom and everyone who love you. There's light at the end of your tunnel.

2 Likes

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by nanakgh(m): 6:09am On Apr 11, 2019
alabi484:

Alabi. You'll be so surprised when u look back at this moment a few years from now. You'll shudder at the thought of what u almost did, and what u would av lost. In the near future, when u look at the face of the woman u love, look at the kids u have, look at the things you have gained, you'll realize how fleeting circumstances are, and you'll truly understand that no situation is permanent. I know it feels bleak and hopeless, like absolutely nothing will work out, but believe me, its a process. Your time is coming I swear av seen it happen for so many others. Give it just about a year, keep at it, work hard and you wont know what happened all the tears will turn to joy. Life will never be perfect but bro it gets so much better. Just watch, bro. Just watch. Your best is coming. Stay alive for mama, and make it for her. Don't do it. You're going to shock even your own self

3 Likes

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by jimmynauty: 7:44am On Apr 11, 2019
Ugud

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Nanatrendy(f): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2019
Don't agree with not making comparison to other people's experiences, I think the issue is the tone with which you say it.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by alabi484(m): 8:09am On Apr 11, 2019
nanakgh:

Alabi. You'll be so surprised when u look back at this moment a few years from now. You'll shudder at the thought of what u almost did, and what u would av lost. In the near future, when u look at the face of the woman u love, look at the kids u have, look at the things you have gained, you'll realize how fleeting circumstances are, and you'll truly understand that no situation is permanent. I know it feels bleak and hopeless, like absolutely nothing will work out, but believe me, its a process. Your time is coming I swear av seen it happen for so many others. Give it just about a year, keep at it, work hard and you wont know what happened all the tears will turn to joy. Life will never be perfect but bro it gets so much better. Just watch, bro. Just watch. Your best is coming. Stay alive for mama, and make it for her. Don't do it. You're going to shock even your own self

I'm holding this dear to my heart..thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by alabi484(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2019
UnFunmi:

The most interesting thing about bad times is they can't outlast us. It's difficult, I get. But they are temporary. Don't lose yourself. Please hold on. For the sake of your mom and everyone who love you. There's light at the end of your tunnel.

I'll hold on...thanks sir
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by LINTUNE(m): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2019
sad
Albinoflash:
am still searching for someone close to my kind of depression.its rear and am surprised i have survived dis long.i droped out of school on my final year without any reason,i lost all my childhood friends and lost contact with my school friends.the worst is dat most people tot i had graduated even my school mates cos i took the final exams.now my parents are frustrated and dat is making me more frustrated.i wake up everyday just wishing it will be my last to end dis misery.my parents try to introduce me to God but i have long lost hope in christ.have neva been to any church gathering since 2years.even though i still tink i love God,but everything makes me think their is nothing he can do 4 me.when i say am d worst human on earth i am damn seriox cos i am
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Ajibaba101(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2019
before you commit suicide... see the d success story of top successful people who refused to commit story https://explicitsuccess.com/failure-stories-of-successful-people/
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Mogajunior(m): 10:10am On Apr 11, 2019
[b][/b]No one commits suicide because they want to die. Then why do they do it? because they want to stop the pain. but in the end; One needs more courage to live than to kill himself.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Rilley(m): 10:16am On Apr 11, 2019
Debramaye:
Sometimes it's not some peoples fault, this world is hard, those people you see joking with this stuff in the comment section are still children, still eating mama thank you, still receiving pocket money while in school, you guys have not endured unemployment, lost your job, or lost someone who truly meant the world to you.. When it happens you'll see this world from another perspective especially when NO ONE IS THERE TO HELP, I don't wish depression or suicidal thoughts on anyone
I asked you a question and you didn't reply

Have you attempted suicide before? you type like one who have been frustrated in life before.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Rilley(m): 10:18am On Apr 11, 2019
MiaB:
it is too late
Too late for you to get common sense, I guess. cheesy
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Austindumas1(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2019
depression is worse when nobody has an idea of what you're going through, everyone assumes that you're fine, I've struggled with depression, romanticized with suicide for a time now.... it's not easy especially when you're alone with nobody.... sometimes I feel like I'm the loneliest person in the world, sometimes I wish I'm dead too, it's difficult living like this I must confess.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by TheAlchemist: 12:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
There is a wrong perception that people commit suicide because of economic hardship, if that is true then the suicidal rate in Nigeria should be higher than America.
There are people even in Nigeria who have it all good job, wife, kids and lots of friends, but still one day decide to end it all.
Some have ascribed such behaviour to neurological issue, i cant be the judge, i feel it is important to have a spiritual connection and mediate on the word of God on a daily basis. It goes a long way in removing suicidal tendencies.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by PastorAji(m): 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
Debramaye:
Sometimes it's not some peoples fault, this world is hard, those people you see joking with this stuff in the comment section are still children, still eating mama thank you, still receiving pocket money while in school, you guys have not endured unemployment, lost your job, or lost someone who truly meant the world to you.. When it happens you'll see this world from another perspective especially when NO ONE IS THERE TO HELP, I don't wish depression or suicidal thoughts on anyone
Infact I'm feeling depressed/suicidal now cry cry

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
Divay22:

Even you cry
My dear Nigeria is really frustrating . I encountered so many trials during my university days.My finance was nothing to write about combined with the hurdles I faced due to the lackadaisical attitude from school authority.I can't say much but babe I saw hell.I thank God I graduated among the best.
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by Divay22(f): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
vingeophysicist:

My dear Nigeria is really frustrating . I encountered so many trials during my university days.My finance was nothing to write about combined with the hurdles I faced due to the lackadaisical attitude from school authority.I can't say much but babe I saw hell.I thank God I graduated among the best.
Wow. So much you've gone through.
But hope things are kinda good now (if not better)
I admire your courage and strength smiley
Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by OtunbaBlack(m): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2019
Can we create a WhatsApp group where we can help and motivate each other?

1 Like

Re: Suicide: If You Are Reading This, It’s Not Too Late. by PastorAji(m): 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
OtunbaBlack:
Can we create a WhatsApp group where we can help and motivate each other?
Sure 08-wan sisi 0 sisi 9490 hate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Signs Your Body Is Overstressed / CNN Fires Unvaccinated Employees For Going To Office / Nigerian Lady Gives Birth To A Baby Girl In A Car In Nsukka,enugu(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.