Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

"A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver (44274 Views)

Man Begs As Lady Confronts Him For Sexually Harassing Her In A Bus In Lagos / Lady Confronts Man Sexually Harassing Her In A Bus Because Of Leg Chain (video) / Anambra Lady Attacks Man For Harassing Her At A Party (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
LuciferMoral:
That's how to spot a sexually starved feminist.

Any little sight or slight contact with the male body drives them mad. Even nairaland quotes, which is why I always ignore feminist quotes because responding to them makes them wet.

That woman must have been longing for his preeq but since he didn't deem her worthy enough, she is angry she can't get what she is seeing. Instead of swallowing her pride & shooting her shot to see if he might agree to service her rusty pussy out of pity, she resorted to attacking him just to make herself feel better.

This is how feminists reason.

*spits angry
nwamaikpe is that you?

1 Like

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
A lot of people use proper words but in the wrong context. Sexual harassment is a criminal act and not civil. The female passenger who alleged that the Uber driver sexually harassed her has to explain how on earth wearing shorts by an opposite-sex constituted sexual harassment. Did the driver make any unsolicited sexual advances towards her albeit while in shorts? I mean, some people need to get a grip and STOP making preposterous statements in a bid to simply garner attention and 15 minutes of fame. In Nigeria where it's hot as heck, I am surprised that not too many people wear shorts.

1 Like

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by andycom(m): 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
LuciferMoral:

Any little sight or slight contact with the male body drives them mad. Even nairaland quotes, which is why I always ignore feminist quotes because responding to them makes them wet.

That woman must have been longing for his preeq but since he didn't deem her worthy enough, she is angry she can't get what she is seeing. Instead of swallowing her pride & shooting her shot to see if he might agree to service her rusty pussy out of pity, she resorted to attacking him just to make herself feel better.

*spits angry

100% fact
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by ACE1010: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
LuciferMoral:

*spits angry

The lady in question will almost kill if she reads this post, I swear

1 Like

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Skiilashi(m): 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
The lady is truely right. Even though it is your car,You are out for business govern by rules. The platform you drive on is not your own.

I also drive on the the ehailing platform too atimes. I remember very clearly we were told to dress properly during the training,and in my session,We were told to avoid wearing shorts

Most times, the users of uber are professionals and carry a particular image,most of them own good cars too.they will not feel alright,having some one too casually dress to drive them.

I will also feel,irritated as an uber driver if a driver comes to pick me with shorts.

If the lady truely reports,I have no doubt the driver will queried!

Some ladies also wear,mini dresses,but they unfortunately are the customers and customers will certainly be right in most cases.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by ehissi(m): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
Vicdayz:
@Gistvic.com

A Nigerian Uber Driver shares one of his escapade with a lady who said he was sexually harassing her because he was wearing a short. Gistvic Reports.

The Man said the Uber hustle comes with a lot of insults.

Uber Driver wrote:

SEE MORE PHOTOS:

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/04/a-lady-said-i-was-sexually-harassing.html

Well you know what that means fine boy.........you garrit...... wink
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Skiilashi(m): 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
MaNyEsq:
A lot of people use proper words but in the wrong context. Sexual harassment is a criminal act and not civil. The female passenger who alleged that the Uber driver sexually harassed her has to explain how on earth wearing shorts by an opposite-sex constituted sexual harassment. Did the driver make any unsolicited sexual advances towards her albeit while in shorts? I mean, some people need to get a grip and STOP making preposterous statements in a bid to simply garner attention and 15 minutes of fame. In Nigeria where it's hot as heck, I am surprised that not too many people wear shorts.

I drive on the platform too..We were told during the training session to avoid wearing shorts. The owners of The platform must have experience this kind of issues in the past for them to tell us to avoid wearing shorts .why not stick to the rules
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by lloyds(m): 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
If as a guy u enter a Taxi and d driver is a female wearing a tight mini skirt, can it not affect your joystick one way or the other.

Both in the car alone. The lady has a point.

1 Like

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Skiilashi(m): 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
blindjustice13:
Shouldn't there be a dress code for uber drivers? I dont see official drivers of companies wearing shorts or casual wears to drive company cars, isn't uber a corporate service too? undecided

Most Drivers will just not listen and always want to give a bad image to all.

We were told during the training session when we applied to drive on the uber platform to always dress properly & to avoid wearing shorts. The rules are there.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by blindjustice13(m): 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
Skiilashi:

Most Drivers will just not listen and always want to give a bad image to all.

We were told during the training session when we applied to drive on the uber platform to always dress properly & to avoid wearing shorts. The rules are there.
Really? So there are even rules against it? I think uber and the likes need to loud it more to their drivers since they seem to be deaf.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Femeto: 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bobinovic:

You for kukuma say make brick layers wear suit go lay blocks.
mtchewww!
What has dis got on the topic at hand? Na LAWMA things you write.What is wrong is wrong?
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Femeto: 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
Every sensible and reputable company takes dressing seriously and am sure Uber also warned their drivers on dressing.All those supporting the driver don't have any point.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by thosedays: 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
long time ago we're all naked ,
Living freely without any kind of sexual harassment..

Today someone putting on short is being accused
of sexual harassment.

Honestly, the level of morality have dropped
the rock bottom.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
Skiilashi:

I drive on the platform too..We were told during the training session to avoid wearing shorts. The owners of The platform must have experience this kind of issues in the past for them to tell us to avoid wearing shorts .why not stick to the rules

You're totally missing the point. The issue was whether a Uber driver wearing shorts constitutes sexual harassment? And the answer is definitely NO! The last time I checked, not sticking to a rule is NOT a criminal act. He could lose his job for not following the rules but it's not a crime. In the US, Uber drivers wear whatever they are comfortable in as long as their attire does not offend the sensibility of reasonable people.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Angy55(f): 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
If I had not experienced this shit some days ago I wouldn't have believe the stories of male drivers harrasing female passengers.
This has nothing do with dressing half unclad or not.

The driver had to bring out his dick, he was so lucky that it was already dark. I would have secretly taken a shot with my phone and made a story out of it too as well.
Terrible experience for me.

I believe the lady.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Skiilashi(m): 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
MaNyEsq:

You're totally missing the point. The issue was whether a Uber driver wearing shorts constitutes sexual harassment? And the answer is definitely NO! The last time I checked, not sticking to a rule is NOT a criminal act. He could lose his job for not following the rules but it's not a crime. In the US, Uber drivers wear whatever they are comfortable in as long as their attire does not offend the sensibility of reasonable people.

So the lady who voiced out how she feels is not reasonable abi ?

I as a man and a driver on the platform will also find it offensive to order a ride and see the driver come pick me with short. Its shows lack of courtesy . Better still he would have worn only singlet.

What is then the difference btw the uber driver and baba lasisi the taxi driver?
Packaging is everything and makes the difference !!

A driver with short is a no no anytime!!

No body said the driver committed any crime. Rules are meant to be followed.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Ken4agent(m): 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Pinkyposh:
With that kind leg? She just dey find wetin she go talk

U right with your moniker dp. I can relate to the pix undecided
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Greatfullheart: 7:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
This Girl In Particular Must Mad.

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Skiilashi(m): 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
Angy55:
If I had not experienced this shit some days ago I wouldn't have believe the stories of male drivers harrasing female passengers.
This has nothing do with dressing half unclad or not.

The driver had to bring out his dick, he was so lucky that it was already dark. I would have secretly taken a shot with my phone and made a story out of it too as well.
Terrible experience for me.

I believe the lady.

You can lie for Africa . The driver brought his dick to do what??

It was dark like you said,How did he see u in the dark?
So he was masturbating to the sound of your voice

My friend gerra ra here! undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
Skiilashi:

So the lady who voiced out how she feels is not reasonable abi ?

I as a man and a driver on the platform will also find it offensive to order a ride and see the driver come pick me with short. Its shows lack of courtesy . Better still he would have worn only singlet.

What is then the difference btw the uber driver and baba lasisi the taxi driver?
Packaging is everything and makes the difference !!

A driver with short is a no no anytime!!

No body said the driver committed any crime. Rules are meant to be followed.

You still don't get it ...do you? First of all, sexual harassment is a criminal act, which the female passenger accused the driver of. The issue you have with the driver arises from the same mentality that Nigerians have about wearing shorts, so I am not surprised about your contention. Let it go, Mister. Wearing shorts is not a CRIME and if the driver is in a dressy-short, neatly dressed and in a button-down shirt or pique, he's all good.

2 Likes

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Skiilashi(m): 7:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
MaNyEsq:

You still don't get it ...do you? First of all, sexual harassment is a criminal act, which the female passenger accused the driver of. The issue you have with the driver arises from the same mentality that Nigerians have about wearing shorts, so I am not surprised about your contention. Let it go, Mister. Wearing shorts is not a CRIME and if the driver is in a dressy-short, neatly dressed and in a button-down shirt or pique, he's all good.

It is you that is not getting it.

There is No place that I had written that wearing short is crime.

First thing first,The driver broke a rule that led to whatever insinuation the lady made.

Like I wrote earlier,in my training session with others with me in attendance that day,the instructor spoke against wearing shorts.

And for me personally,even with out being told,the kind of service uber render and the calibre of riders we get most times,We will not need a magician or an herbalist to know that a short is a no no #######
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
Skiilashi:

It is you that is not getting it.

There is No place that I had written that wearing short is crime.

First thing first,The driver broke a rule that led to whatever insinuation the lady made.

Like I wrote earlier,in my training session with others with me in attendance that day,the instructor spoke against wearing shorts.

And for me personally,even with out being told,the kind of service uber render and the calibre of riders we get most times,We will not need a magician or an herbalist to know that a short is a no no #######

For a start, I am not sure if your reading and comprehension are up to par because based on your comments, I can see that you're CLUELESS to what my thread was all about. Please, before you start mouthing off, go and read my initial comment. Reasoning with you would be a very FUTILE effort, hence I am not going to join issues with you.

2 Likes

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
The Uber guy sef no try.

Must you dress in a tacky manner because you own the car? Forming s.exy with bongafish legs.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
A responsible male can never wear such.
I myself would not enter such ride with the perv looking creature.
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Gbadebo01(m): 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2019
NurseJay:
Thighs could be a weak point for her!
So be considerate to your female clients and cover up cos you'll never know which gets turned on by legs!
but do you women consider men when you put on all those cleavage baring outfits or when u put on very short skirts?

1 Like

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by DeMaestro1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
NurseJay:
Thighs could be a weak point for her!
So be considerate to your female clients and cover up cos you'll never know which gets turned on by legs!
I see.
So, if she see any guy on the street walking with shorts she gets wet and Hot abi?
Abegi.

1 Like

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by TemmyT002(m): 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
She dey mad ni
Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by Burgerlomo: 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
vibbb:

Lols, I can imagine how the lady looks like, if this leg am seeing can turn her on.

Badt guy cool

Re: "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver by pelumyyyyy: 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2019
[color=#990000][/color] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him / Police Officers Chase A Dispatch Rider To Death In Lekki / Many Arrested, Properties Destroyed As Lagos Task Force Storm Shrine In #ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.