Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,208 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport (7646 Views)

'IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake' - CNN iReport / On The Alleged CNN Ireport About Buhari's Probe Of Harlibuton Scandal / Spy Hidden Cameras 4 Sale iReport News During This Election (i Av Mine) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 16, 2010
kc-blast:

I think this is anoda opportunity 2 tell d world d daily problems in naija.
CNN will recieve pictures & news like;"students look 4 admis. in universities after several jamb exams",couple of erosion sites,corruption & bribery,millions of'em
i'm really gonna cry 4 help
AND you expect CNN to come and solve those problem or what ? shocked embarassed
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 12:57am On Sep 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I agree with you but you and I know how we tend to OVERDO it and get caught telling LIES which the world is very well aware of in the end.  
that's why I am objective. In the digital age its all out there so any lie can be verified. There's honour in repping ones country no matter how bad. When in the western world, colleagues etc tend to respect you more rather than being fake or dissociating yourself from naija as some peeps do. Not you
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 1:08am On Sep 16, 2010
eros:

You are very correct about that. We always have to rep Nigeria in a positive light ALWAYS no matter what happens. But then, who would we be deceiving, ourselves or the people we are "repping" Nigeria to?

The rest of the world wants to see substance and not pictures or videos. If we send pictures of street lights and a bright city to I-report, what obtains here in reality? Do we have 24 hours power supply? Are we simply deceiving ourselves or making an attempt to deceive the world and portray Nigeria as what she is not?

THINK ABOUT IT
being real is good.at work no one dissed nigeria after watching 'welcome to lagos'. You know what they were saying? Resilience, resilience, resilience! Now because of the exposure of that series vocal slender left the swamp and came to london recently.resilience is a good virtue to have, the ability to never give up. I bvelive that's one of our strongest traits as a people.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Redman44(m): 1:14am On Sep 16, 2010
Hmn, this na serious matter o shocked shocked shocked   CNN has finally decided to create citizen journalists out of Nigerians. It will be easy for some people to take pictures of some renovated areas of Lagos and Benin City and send to the CNN in order to show that things are working in Nigeria.  Yeah, some Governors are trying to improve the living standards of their people and they've constructed new roads and refurbished new schools. The truth is that their efforts are tiny drops into a ocean of hopelessness and mismanagement.  We have very short-sighted leaders in Nigeria. They have refused to package and sell the country as a place to invest and settle in despite her numerous problems. South Africa has a high level of crime and many black townships are just a little better than Ibadan and Akure in infrastructural terms. Yet investors are sinking vaults of hard currency into South Africa's economy. I'm not saying there are no investors in Nigeria, but we should have had more of them coming in if the Federal Government knows out to woo investors by putting basic amenities in place.

I feel pictures and videos of Nigerian Entrepreneurs who are doing well despite the harsh business environment they operate in should be sent to CNN. We need to post videos of the Dundun and Akara seller who has sent 7 children to school through the proceeds of her roadside business. Stories like these will touch the world. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 1:28am On Sep 16, 2010
Redman44:

Hmn, this na serious matter o shocked shocked shocked   CNN has finally decided to create citizen journalists out of Nigerians. It will be easy for some people to take pictures of some renovated areas of Lagos and Benin City and send to the CNN in order to show that things are working in Nigeria.  Yeah, some Governors are trying to improve the living standards of their people and they've constructed new roads and refurbished new schools. The truth is that their efforts are tiny drops into a ocean of hopelessness and mismanagement.  We have very short-sighted leaders in Nigeria. They have refused to package and sell the country as a place to invest and settle in despite her numerous problems. South Africa has a high level of crime and many black townships are just a little better than Ibadan and Akure in infrastructural terms. Yet investors are sinking vaults of hard currency into South Africa's economy. I'm not saying there are no investors in Nigeria, but we should have had more of them coming in if the Federal Government knows out to woo investors by putting basic amenities in place.

I feel pictures and videos of Nigerian Entrepreneurs who are doing well despite the harsh business environment they operate in should be sent to CNN. We need to post videos of the Dundun and Akara seller who has sent 7 children to school through the proceeds of her roadside business. Stories like these will touch the world. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
you have really impressed me with your thought process. Bravo brother. About the akara seller I couldn't agree more. Just as I said too, RESILIENCE.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Wallie(m): 1:36am On Sep 16, 2010
I think most people posting are not seeing the opportunity being presented by CNN. It is no longer news that things are going wrong in Nigeria; everybody knows how corrupt the country is. However, what’s not known are the redeeming qualities that make Nigerians proud of their country.

Don’t miss your chance to show the world the Nigeria that doesn’t make the news.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 16, 2010
ogzille:

List of pictures i will upload

GOOD PICTURES

***thinking*** hmmmm , ok

1. One beautiful picture of a waterfall

OTHER PICTURES

1. Our able and fighting lawmakers

2. A police man collecting twenty box

3. Some great heaps of garbage around

4. Our jobseekers struggling to buy form

5. My worn out lantern angry

6. Bad road

7. Snapshot of ballot box snatching in laast election

8. Bobos struggling to fetch water from a burst pipe

9. Students with their 'mgbo' in exam hall

10.Serious minded yahoo yahoo boys.

That will be so cool!! wink
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by abbey621(m): 2:41am On Sep 16, 2010
If we are to talk about the negative things in nigeria, i bet we could write a whole book, let's stop the complaining and get real. Let's stop looking at countries that are better than us and be thankful for the accomplishments made no matter how minute they may be. Yea we have bad government, no jobs, arm robberies, and so much vices but what if God had decided to give us bad weather like earthquake, tsunami and snow storms, i bet we would still be complaining. Here in the united states, people work all their lives, only to use the money to pay bills and medical costs, most of them wish they had a country where they can enjoy beautiful weather like nigeria, where they can wear buba and shokoto and eat various exotic foods, where they can do business and not pay heavy taxes, where your money gives you more right than your companions. Nigeria might never become what we want if everyday we keep waking up and raining curses on our sweet motherland!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by usbcable(m): 4:43am On Sep 16, 2010
They say show what you want the world to see.
All of you guys wanting to paste bad images, think twice.
All the bad things being perpetuated by Nigerians both within and outside the country, how does it affect you, surely its negatively. But that dont mean that you as an individual is like them bad representatives.
So now heres a chance for you to tell the world that within this corrupt enclave of Nigeria there exists someone that is good, someone that is different, someone that is not like what most Nigerians are perceived to be i.e. a ideal human being.
If you cant tell the world about something good about yourself then never expect BBC or NBC or FOX t.v. or CNN to do it for you.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by birdman(m): 5:37am On Sep 16, 2010
kc-blast:

I think this is anoda opportunity 2 tell d world d daily problems in naija.
CNN will recieve pictures & news like;"students look 4 admis. in universities after several jamb exams",couple of erosion sites,corruption & bribery,millions of'em
i'm really gonna cry 4 help

Stop crying. Nobody is going to solve your problem for you. They are asking you to showcase your country, not whine about your problems.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Echidime(m): 6:16am On Sep 16, 2010
Who made CNN the chief judge of countries with most flavor of whatever? There are crazy as ever.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by texazzpete(m): 7:22am On Sep 16, 2010
~Bluetooth:

good pictures ke ? abeg forget that one.you would be surprised at the bad pix that would be uploaded,CNN sef go fear fear.just last month,one yeye

NGO paraded helpless children accused of witchcraft on CNN but the most astonishing part is that the so-called NGO had at a particular occasion collected

millions of naira from the Akwa ibom state governor only to come out on air to say the state government is doing less to protect those children.

'Yeye NGO'?!
Since when did donating millions of Naira become 'doing enough' to protect abused kids? Isn't it the state's duty to PREVENT the abuse from happening and not to wait until the innocents are already suffering in orphanages before doing anything?

Abeg if you have nothing to do to help those suffering kids, please refrain from abusing those who are doing something.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by usbcable(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2010
If anyone of us is asked to tell us about their dads, mums, bros, sis, or grannies.
we will outline many positive characteristics of them.We wont make it seem they are also part of the larger society in which they also have one form of vice they perpetuate.
If anyone of us is doing an interview we would never start saying any of our bad habits no matter how little.
So for ourselves sake, I feel we should showcase good things even if be the picture of us.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 16, 2010
texazzpete:

'Yeye NGO'?!
Since when did donating millions of Naira become 'doing enough' to protect abused kids? Isn't it the state's duty to PREVENT the abuse from happening and not to wait until the innocents are already suffering in orphanages before doing anything?

Abeg if you have nothing to do to help those suffering kids, please refrain from abusing those who are doing something.
Yeah. . .it's the duty of the state but the state still extends its hand of generosity to the NGO to assist these children yet the NGO insist the state is doing nothing to protect them anyways CNN was fair in the reporting by promising to go to Akwa ibom to get the true story of things.Some folks are just too desperate to get money by false pretence.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 16, 2010
Echidime:

Who made CNN the chief judge of countries with most flavor of whatever? There are crazy as ever.
The west knows how to fight its war through the media. . .it's a good source of propaganda and a tool for psychological warfare.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by sayso: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2010
@Kobojunkie or whatever you call yourself,if naija is your country,I wonder what you are doing up there?you silly hole.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ada24: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2010
no offence but what great weather are people talking about?

anyway people should start taking their pics and stop arguing
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by EdDave(m): 8:35am On Sep 16, 2010
Just tinking. What makes u believe dat we dont have enof bashing out there as it is? We have bin labeled 1 of d most corrupt countries. Last year, 'we' sent a terrorist to blow up americans. Our political terrain is very turbulent. These are no longer new to anybody. If fact, d US make it luk we are savages while they paint a pic perfect AMERICA. Wat we shud be tinkin abt is wil our pics/videos help change our present state or not. Wil d bad pics bring foreign assistance or not? Wil d gud pics attract investors or not? I rest my case.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by dapojaja(m): 9:23am On Sep 16, 2010
"Evry day my pple dey inside bus, Suffering & Smiling"
"49 Sitting 99 Standing, Suffering & Smiling"
"Dem go reache house wota no dey, Suffering & Smiling"
"Dem go reache road go slow go come, Suffering & Smiling"
"Dem go look pocket money no dey, Suffering & Smiling"
"Dem go reache work query ready, Suffering & Smiling"
"Evry day na de sametin, Suffering & Smiling"

"I'm sori sori o, 'm sori 4 Naijaria, sori sori o, 'm sorry 4 aaaaaaafrica, "

Yet, truth from the mouth from somebody we don't like to associate our names with.

We Naijarians, when will we ever learn to be sincere with ourselves?
One of d largest oil exporting nations, yet we are broke,
day in day out, embezzlement here & there, yet effcc keep chasing anti-government in power,
yet we praise our leaders in d mosques and churches (though we condem them thereafter and go back again to praise them)
and now showcase ourselves to the world so that they say "you see, Nigerians are not suffering, see them smiling, wonderful".
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2010
dapojaja:

"Evry day my pple dey inside bus, Suffering & Smiling"
"49 Sitting 99 Standing, Suffering & Smiling"
"Dem go reache house wota no dey, Suffering & Smiling"
"Dem go reache road go slow go come, Suffering & Smiling"
"Dem go look pocket money no dey, Suffering & Smiling"
"Dem go reache work query ready, Suffering & Smiling"
"Evry day na de sametin, Suffering & Smiling"

"I'm sori sori o, 'm sori 4 Naijaria, sori sori o, 'm sorry 4 aaaaaaafrica, "

Yet, truth from the mouth from somebody we don't like to associate our names with.

We Naijarians, when will we ever learn to be sincere with ourselves?
One of d largest oil exporting nations, yet we are broke,
day in day out, embezzlement here & there, yet effcc keep chasing anti-government in power,
yet we praise our leaders in d mosques and churches (though we condem them thereafter and go back again to praise them)
and now showcase ourselves to the world so that they say "you see, Nigerians are not suffering, see them smiling, wonderful".
I like all your fela collabo but the same Fela advised black man not to pack whiteman shiot.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 16, 2010
Imagine for a second that Nigeria is indeed the greatest country in the world. would u really need to tell or show anyone that? Emerging countries like Brazil China and India are busy at work yet here we are trying to sell propaganda to people who don't care squat about us.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2010
Redman44:

Hmn, this na serious matter o shocked shocked shocked   CNN has finally decided to create citizen journalists out of Nigerians. It will be easy for some people to take pictures of some renovated areas of Lagos and Benin City and send to the CNN in order to show that things are working in Nigeria.  Yeah, some Governors are trying to improve the living standards of their people and they've constructed new roads and refurbished new schools. The truth is that their efforts are tiny drops into a ocean of hopelessness and mismanagement.  We have very short-sighted leaders in Nigeria. They have refused to package and sell the country as a place to invest and settle in despite her numerous problems. South Africa has a high level of crime and many black townships are just a little better than Ibadan and Akure in infrastructural terms. Yet investors are sinking vaults of hard currency into South Africa's economy. I'm not saying there are no investors in Nigeria, but we should have had more of them coming in if the Federal Government knows out to woo investors by putting basic amenities in place.

Yet another post from you full of negativism, apathy and passivity about your country. Developing Nigeria is a collective responsibility of all Nigerians not just government officials.
Nevertheless it is ludicrous to think that sundry Western reporters would catalyse the infrastructural development of Nigeria, by a few sporadic and perhaps sensational reports.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 16, 2010
Horayce:

Imagine for a second that Nigeria is indeed the greatest country in the world. would u really need to tell or show anyone that? Emerging countries like Brazil China and India are busy at work yet here we are trying to sell propaganda to people who don't care squat about us.

True that.
It is amazing how some people consider this matter. Development in Africa would come about by hard work and discipline not by  lopsided Western media reports.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Ayowumie(m): 10:51am On Sep 16, 2010
There is no reason why we should deny the bad reputation of our corrupt country (e.g Ogun state and its law makers) while not forgetting to focus on the need to accentuate the good part (warm and accommodating people of Nigeria)
Hmm, I had better hurried up to send a picture of our law makers tearing themselves up in the National Assembly!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by okeymadu(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2010
@OP. Go, tell those foxes at CNN we don't need their spotlight projection.
We are OK.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2010
Like it or not the truth must be told. why should i represent positively when things are negative. if we all do that then we are affirming what our senators are doing, what armed robbers are doing, what are education system is, what our job opportunities are etc. when we twist the truth it is like saying there are no problems and things should be business as usual. Saying the truth is not really to bring us down but to expose those bastards in government to the world properly so then they go out to fluant their stolen wealth those outside will have it in the back of their minds that they are thieves. since it is hard for most to understand let me break it down in a way they will. If my child is doing badly in school i would not want his teacher to color his achievements but to tell me as it is so that i can put appropriate measures to correct the situation. doing otherwise is same as cheating me and my child of his future potential. that is what those that try to color the truth are doing; cheating us of our future.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shotuns: 11:06am On Sep 16, 2010
The world has seen too much of negatives about this nation and everyday they hope something would be done , I wouldn't object to the idea of creating a better image to showcase Nigeria as a not totally bad place to live , we are good and great people, we are everywhere in the world, we do wonderful things everywhere and we are widely recognised  just for the useless and selfcentered leaders. There is no perfect country in the world, economy wise,political wise,cultural wise, even the said 'most diverse nation on earth is not. so why can't we try and paint our own nation good. No one will do that for us unless we start being patrotic amidst our failures . The rebirth of our nation is resting in the hands of we the 'youth'. .God bless us. Personally I am going to send the best pictures i could lay my hands on, who knows where you and I may be tomorrow.                    
                         The foundation begins from here.

Xiexie brothers and sisters.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by oludashmi(f): 11:13am On Sep 16, 2010
@shfizle
You have said it all. Gbosa!! for you
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ada24: 11:22am On Sep 16, 2010
maybe if people could list the positives more people would be out getting the evidence.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 16, 2010
shotuns:

The world has seen too much of negatives about this nation and everyday they hope something would be done , I wouldn't object to the idea of creating a better image to showcase Nigeria as a not totally bad place to live , we are good and great people, we are everywhere in the world, we do wonderful things everywhere and we are widely recognised  just for the useless and selfcentered leaders. There is no perfect country in the world, economy wise,political wise,cultural wise, even the said 'most diverse nation on earth is not. so why can't we try and paint our own nation good. No one will do that for us unless we start being patrotic amidst our failures . The rebirth of our nation is resting in the hands of we the 'youth'. .God bless us. Personally I am going to send the best pictures i could lay my hands on, who knows where you and I may be tomorrow.                    
                         The foundation begins from here.

Really You are not painting the country in a good light by that misguided, myopic, vitriolic, not to say, blanket condemnation of Nigerian leaders.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Echidime(m): 11:42am On Sep 16, 2010
Who is talking abut great weather?What are people talking about? Is Great weather a natural resources? Just go to the Niger Delta and snap pictures of the Oil and Gas well and send to them thats all. and go to ABia and imo snap all the untapped oil wells, you will see American dancing to your turn GEJ FOR PRESIDENT grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin so they can ENJOY our oil
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shotuns: 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2010
@ tensor777

I guess you have problem reading english.  Try and read my comment again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes / The Woman Who Jumped Into The Lagoon Is ALIVE!! / Aspirant Berates APC Over Expensive Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.