Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport (7626 Views)

'IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake' - CNN iReport / On The Alleged CNN Ireport About Buhari's Probe Of Harlibuton Scandal / Spy Hidden Cameras 4 Sale iReport News During This Election (i Av Mine) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:24pm On Sep 13, 2010
Hi Fellas,

How i wish this topic could make headline for more Nlders to participate in it and show our beautiful loving Nigeria to the world Through CNN Ireport.

Here is the message from CNN and attached to it is the link to the source and if you want to promote our CULTURE and the LOVING LANDSCAPE to the world then please to check the link and post your pictures directly to CNN Ireport zone.

Travel the world with i-List - Nigeria

Get involved in CNN’s global series i-List, which takes you to a different country each month, highlighting innovation and influence. We will showcase interesting and intelligent places that have the potential to impact our world.

Coming up in September, we visit Nigeria, the most populous country in West Africa. Have you visited the country or do you live there? Share your experiences of what sights and sounds give people a true flavor of the country. What are your favorite things about Nigeria? This is your chance to tell the world what you want them to know about your country.

CNN recently visited Poland-- check out the great photos and videos iReporters sent in below.

See the ones that made it on to CNN

Why not send us YOUR photos from Nigeria or put yourself on video and teach us about your culture.

The best stories and videos will be featured on CNN i-List website and on the i-List show on air.

Here is the link to Participate

http://ireport.cnn.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=413016&hpt=C2
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by sayso: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2010
no they will get bad reports about naija,they do not show us all about US.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2010
sayso:

no they will get bad reports about naija,they do not show us all about US.
That is not only DISHONEST, but also stupid talk. Do you realize that the news feeds you get in most of Europe is EXACTLY what we get here in the US? If you are on Sky Network in the UK, you can practically claim to be an American because all of the TV you get is straight up same as you would get if you were right here in America.

GROW UP people!!! Stop feeding yourself with useless and meaningless conspiracies
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Thespecialone(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2010
This is your chance, grab it. Things like this don't happen often.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shfizle(m): 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2010
Me am sending a pic of a cybercafe filled with boiz. No caption,  I'm sure they'd understand. grin grin grin
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2010
shfizle:

Me am sending a pic of a cybercafe filled with boiz. No caption, I'm sure they'd understand. grin grin grin
when you dont respect yourself and your country, why should anyone ever respect you? embarassed. im embarrased for you
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is not only DISHONEST, but also silly talk. Do you realize that the news feeds you get in most of Europe is EXACTLY what we get here in the US? If you are on Sky Network in the UK, you can practically claim to be an American because all of the TV you get is straight up same as you would get if you were right here in America.

GROW UP people!!! Stop feeding yourself with useless and meaningless conspiracies
gbam. i concur
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Goldenmeda(m): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2010
ok, if dis is real, i better do it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by OM3G5(m): 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2010
Let everyone show the true Nigeria to the whole world and not the sugar coated clips we see on CNN,
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by chosen04(f): 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2010
ladej:

when you dont respect yourself and your country, why should anyone ever respect you? embarassed. im embarrased for you

So some people are embrassed by the TRUTH!!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by EFFRAKATA: 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2010
My major concern is on our unemployed youth.
Plz if any of you guyz hav a pix to show the word how gravious this situation is,
Plz doooo!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shfizle(m): 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2010
@ladej    ah an? Was just a joke na, dint u see the emoticon?

On a more serious note i would ask you and any person who reflects why would nigeria and not another would be the subject of ridicule and negative criticism if something was not really wrong. The world over didn't just pull out our country from a pot of country names and started accusing us of stuffs. Its an established fact that we are guilty of all that has been laid on our doorstep. Even the uneducated, mechanic across my street dreams of millions anytime he sees my laptop. He thinks all he needs to do is learn to press the keyboard and pronto, money flows. He knows the money comes from another person's sweat but does he care? The ruling adults are only content with outsmarting themselves in the looting of the state treasury while the young do not care less. Some are even ready to support, campaign for or even kill for these politicians. Etc. And the bad part is- the world over can see everything we're doing.
IT'S ABOUT CHANGING OUR ATTITUDE AND CHARACTER AS PEOPLE NOT JUST PICTURES AND VIDEOS.

BTW I plan on sending a pic of the sunset in a lagos beach. There's beauty even amidst the failure
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ezeagu(m): 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2010
Looking at Poland's pictures, it's obvious they don't put up just anything, that means no rubbish cell-phone pics and actually get out of your car! You can send videos as well. After all the complaining Nigerians do about CNN, I think they've actually gotten fed up and handed you the camera, so don't mess it up, or next time shut up.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by wksi: 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2010
@Kobojonkie are you from Columbus Ohio?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2010
Nope, I have not been in Columbus in so many years now! Why do you ask?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Nope, I have not been in Columbus in so many years now! Why do you ask?

Question seems dumb. Isn't ur location saying Colombus, OH?. Don't mind me o, just being an irritant. cheesy
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by slap1(m): 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2010
Wish I could show them the picture of the empty eastern universities currently ravaged by strike.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2010
Aqva:

Question seems dumb. Isn't your location saying Colombus, OH?. Don't mind me o, just being an irritant. cheesy

I am glad you yourself pointed out that your retort there is a silly one. Just to educate you, not everyone asks such a question. Going by your reasoning there, the guy had no right to ask me in the first place since according to you, my loctaion indicates I am in Columbus, OH. But He actually did the right thing to ask or confirm first and it makes sense to wonder why he even cares.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by xterra2(m): 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2010
This is an opportunity we shouldn't miss
Lets show the whole world a better Nigeria than they usually see/hear about
Please people contribute,be a patriot and send good pictures   smiley smiley smiley
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2010
Yeah . . . . that is because the whole world have no way of actually coming into Nigeria itself to see the true reality of Nigeria for themselves. Lol

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by eros(m): 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2010
I am what you would call TEAM NIGERIA. I believe in my beloved country and believe that someday Nigeria will be the most desirable country in the world to live in. But then, lets be realistic and true, what good do we have to show to the world about Nigeria? So far, nobody has mentioned anything on this thread, maybe somebody will make mention of 100 good things about Nigeria that i have not seen or realized and i will be very glad if anyone can make mention of 5 or 10 good things about Nigeria. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2010
xterra2:

This is an opportunity we shouldn't miss
Lets show the whole world a better Nigeria than they usually see/hear about
Please people contribute,be a patriot  undecidedand send good pictures   smiley smiley smiley
good pictures ke ? abeg forget that one.you would be surprised at the bad pix that would be uploaded,CNN sef go fear fear.just last month,one yeye

NGO paraded helpless children accused of witchcraft on CNN but the most astonishing part is that the so-called NGO had at a particular occasion collected

millions of naira from the Akwa ibom state governor only to come out on air to say the state government is doing less to protect those children.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Revolution: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2010
Don't show your Nigeria on CNN. Show it on www.greatnigeria.tv
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ogzille(m): 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2010
List of pictures i will upload

GOOD PICTURES

***thinking*** hmmmm , ok

1. One beautiful picture of a waterfall

OTHER PICTURES

1. Our able and fighting lawmakers

2. A police man collecting twenty box

3. Some great heaps of garbage around

4. Our jobseekers struggling to buy form

5. My worn out lantern angry

6. Bad road

7. Snapshot of ballot box snatching in laast election

8. Bobos struggling to fetch water from a burst pipe

9. Students with their 'mgbo' in exam hall

10.Serious minded yahoo yahoo boys.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2010
ogzille:

GOOD PICTURES

OTHER PICTURES

6. Bad road

good for you !!!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by iluvnaija: 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2010
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS DOCUMENTARY DONE BY BBC "WELCOME TO LAGOS" THAT IS WHAT I AM SENDING TO CNN IREPORT. grin grin grin
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2010
shfizle:

@ladej    ah an? Was just a joke na, dint u see the emoticon?

On a more serious note i would ask you and any person who reflects why would nigeria and not another would be the subject of ridicule and negative criticism if something was not really wrong. The world over didn't just pull out our country from a pot of country names and started accusing us of stuffs. Its an established fact that we are guilty of all that has been laid on our doorstep. Even the uneducated, mechanic across my street dreams of millions anytime he sees my laptop. He thinks all he needs to do is learn to press the keyboard and pronto, money flows. He knows the money comes from another person's sweat but does he care? The ruling adults are only content with outsmarting themselves in the looting of the state treasury while the young do not care less. Some are even ready to support, campaign for or even kill for these politicians. Etc. And the bad part is- the world over can see everything we're doing.
IT'S ABOUT CHANGING OUR ATTITUDE AND CHARACTER AS PEOPLE NOT JUST PICTURES AND VIDEOS.

BTW I plan on sending a pic of the sunset in a lagos beach. There's beauty even amidst the failure
in that case I take it back.no vex, and thanks for being mature. Your post was bang on form and you captured the collective mood of the youth. The main reason why nigeria has a bad rep is due to abject lack of governance which led to increase in 419 and other ills. Having said that there are still positives. Its home. It has good weather. People are generally friendly and so creative. Food is also a plus
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2010
chosen04:

chosen04:

truth is u have to rep your country and never bring it down in front of strangers. Don't deny the bad, but accentuate the good.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by eros(m): 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2010
ladej:

truth is u have to rep your country and never bring it down in front of strangers. Don't deny the bad, but accentuate the good.

You are very correct about that. We always have to rep Nigeria in a positive light ALWAYS no matter what happens. But then, who would we be deceiving, ourselves or the people we are "repping" Nigeria to?

The rest of the world wants to see substance and not pictures or videos. If we send pictures of street lights and a bright city to I-report, what obtains here in reality? Do we have 24 hours power supply? Are we simply deceiving ourselves or making an attempt to deceive the world and portray Nigeria as what she is not?

THINK ABOUT IT
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Sep 15, 2010
ladej:

I agree with you but you and I know how we tend to OVERDO it and get caught telling LIES which the world is very well aware of in the end.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 16, 2010
ogzille:

GOOD PICTURES

OTHER PICTURES

6. Bad road

Clap for your stuppid assself
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by kcblast(m): 12:49am On Sep 16, 2010
I think this is anoda opportunity 2 tell d world d daily problems in naija.
CNN will recieve pictures & news like;"students look 4 admis. in universities after several jamb exams",couple of erosion sites,corruption & bribery,millions of'em
i'm really gonna cry 4 help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Southwest Rocks! / FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers / Friction In Local Governments Over Fiscal Autonomy, Accountability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.