Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport (7649 Views)

'IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake' - CNN iReport / On The Alleged CNN Ireport About Buhari's Probe Of Harlibuton Scandal / Spy Hidden Cameras 4 Sale iReport News During This Election (i Av Mine) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by DisGuy: 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2010
okeymadu:

@OP. Go, tell those foxes at CNN we don't need their spotlight projection.
We are OK.

Sorry mate too late, it is in the 50th anniversary budget, you've been had! grin

they have collected the money already wink

you think they will just pick one country a fancy one at that
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by DisGuy: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2010
Why cant AIT, NTA etc do their own citizens report at least that way nobody/oyinbo will be accused of painting the country black cool
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by blackcat1: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2010
@Kobojunkie @bidemi12

Go ahead and post your dilapidated homes and surroundings on CNN and let’s see if CNN will come to your aid. Silly children!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2010
blackcat1:

@Kobojunkie @bidemi12

Go ahead and post your dilapidated homes and surroundings on CNN and let’s see if CNN will come to your aid. Silly children!

My God!! where did this slowpoke come from again? anyway i am not surprised, denial is a desease that is spreading fast in Naija.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shotuns: 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2010
I took a taxi home after work today, can you imagine the questions the taxi driver asked me?

1. I heard there are no taxis in Africa and people walk everyday, is it true?

2. Africans always eat with their hands, don't you think it's too dirty?

3. The hot weather makes africans so black,  is that why you are black too?

At first I couldn't immediately think of an answer to each of the questions and i felt embarrassed and angry but i could do nothing even till the moment i'm writing i still wonder how on earth will some people in this 21st century still have so many negative views and to some degree false information about Africa as a continent, many often say African is a country most especially here in China .Imagine that!  No one will ever help us to educate the world, we only can do this by showing to the world that our nation is still a nice place to live, not neglecting the negatives part. i still believe this nation will be a proud nation in years to come.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2010
blackcat1:

@Kobojunkie @bidemi12

Grow up!!!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2010
shotuns:

I took a taxi home after work today, can you imagine the questions the taxi driver asked me?

At first I couldn't immediately think of an answer to each of the questions and i felt embarrassed and angry but i could do nothing even till the moment i'm writing i still wonder how on earth will some people in this 21st century still have so many negative views and to some degree false information about Africa as a continent, many often say African is a country most especially here in China .Imagine that!  No one will ever help us to educate the world, we only can do this by showing to the world that our nation is still a nice place to live, not neglecting the negatives part. i still believe this nation will be a proud nation in years to come.

Yet the same Chinese are today FLOODING africa with their presence(Not just their goods) . . . taking over markets across the continent and bringing in their extended families to come and enjoy their new found wealth of resources IN Africa? Many have settled down, had children and even learnt the local languages and cultures. Cities and towns across africa are revolting and fighting daily for the chinese to be sent back and you are here telling us stories of how ALL CHINESE do not know anything of Africa? Try harder!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by agitator: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2010
shotuns:

How many people can really take taxis home after work. or is it the taxis operating like buses plying defined routes. Taxis is a luxury and majority walk.

You should have educated him that most of our food is eaten with our fingers (there is where the phrase "finger licking experience" was derived). Even the Chinese, Koreans, Taiwanese, Japanese still eat their traditional foods with chop sticks. why haven't they changed to using cutlery. recently i watched on CCTV how even an American was eating a Chinese food with chop sticks.

Everybody knows somebody under the sun daily will definitely be black, even Europeans and Americans skins are affected after spending years working long hours outdoors in Africa. And the sun part, is it not true or you want to also deny for nature.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Tochi3(m): 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2010
[are you 5 years old? why show you a report card? is it to mock you or to make you face your failings and challenge you to do better. But then again, if you have been lying to your parents about how fantastic you are, your report card will not lie.]

For those who do not understand the essence of the topic, pls see the quote above before making comments pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeee.

Bidemi and kobo thx a lot including other like minds.

One day, I took a taxi, pls do not get me wrong. Not in a foreign country but right here in the contraceptive called Nigeria , Lagos to be precise. This little trip about 30 mins drive from one point to the other brougth out the best questions any taxi driver in  Nigeria could possibly ask. Let me cut it short. This are some of the questions.

1. Why are we killing ourselves   and yet claim we are warm and accommodating people

2. Why is there power outages or no power at all as if electricity has not been discovered.

3. Is there any reason in this world to explain  teachers/lecturers salaries not been paid and sometimes going upward for months and yet we claim that we have abundant resources.
4 Why are our educational institutions always on strike and yet we claim that Nigerians are intelligent and have leadership qualities.

5. why are our road networks so bad and yet those in power claim to release billions of money for road maintainance and development.

6. Why do our so called government functionaries always travel abroad to seek for medical help as if every Nigerian is entitled to do so .

7. Why are our best minds not in Nigeria. What is it that they find conducive in a foreign country that Nigeria cannot provide for them as a foundation to improve in their field of calling.

8. Why so much refuse dump that can lie uncatered for for months and sometimes years.

9. Why does our law enforcement agencies take laws into their own hands before someone is prounounced quilty as charged. ie Why do we have men in uniform that beat, whip, harass and intimidate  civilians .

10. Why is unemployment so high for young and inspiring minds after graduation.

In truth, i was not able to provide any answers to this questions. He could have gone on and on but fortunately or unfortunately i reached my destination, paid him more than his dues and found  way out of the taxi.

In the course of our acquaintance, i found out he was one of the numerous graduate (Yabatech) but fortunately and according to him '' had to do something negative to get money to buy me these taxi after so many years of hopelessness but will never do such a thing again in my life because i have something now to sustain a living''.

Nigeria 4 u.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2010
To-chi:

1. Why are we killing ourselves   and yet claim we are warm and accommodating people

2. Why is there power outages or no power at all as if electricity has not been discovered.

3. Is there any reason in this world to explain  teachers/lecturers salaries not been paid and sometimes going upward for months and yet we claim that we have abundant resources.
4 Why are our educational institutions always on strike and yet we claim that Nigerians are intelligent and have leadership qualities.

5. why are our road networks so bad and yet those in power claim to release billions of money for road maintainance and development.

6. Why do our so called government functionaries always travel abroad to seek for medical help as if every Nigerian is entitled to do so .

7. Why are our best minds not in Nigeria. What is it that they find conducive in a foreign country that Nigeria cannot provide for them as a foundation to improve in their field of calling.

8. Why so much refuse dump that can lie uncatered for for months and sometimes years.

9. Why does our law enforcement agencies take laws into their own hands before someone is prounounced quilty as charged. ie Why do we have men in uniform that beat, whip, harass and intimidate  civilians .

10. Why is unemployment so high for young and inspiring minds after graduation.

For @BlackCat1 and all the other "bend the truth to make it sweet at all cost to outsiders" crowd, these are some of the questions people really have and want answers to . .  and I mean people both in Nigeria and outside. Telling people how lovely Nigerian food is and all that nonsense is not going to change, not even one soul out there. In the information age, people want answers to questions, not kindergarten ramblings of the sort even kids these days don't even care for.

These days, you don't even have to say anything to people. They can peak right into your own backyard to see what is going on there for themselves, and the minute we get a clue and start cleaning up our acts rather than trying to push a view or another, the better for our image.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2010
To-chi:

[are you 5 years old? why show you a report card? is it to mock you or to make you face your failings and challenge you to do better. But then again, if you have been lying to your parents about how fantastic you are, your report card will not lie.]

For those who do not understand the essence of the topic, pls see the quote above before making comments please.
Again I have to say that you and others like you must be extremely deluded if you somehow imagine that a few unflattering pictures on CNN would have a salutary effect on the quality of governance and administration in Nigeria. In fact your attitude stinks of apathy, passivity and sheer unpatriotism.

Developing and cleaning up Nigeria is the inalienable, irreducible duty of Nigerian citizens. On the other hand it is also the patriotic duty of Nigerians to be law-abiding and to present a positive image of Nigeria to interested foreigners.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Tochi3(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2010
Developing and cleaning up Nigeria is the inalienable, irreducible duty of Nigerian citizens. On the other hand it is also the patriotic duty of Nigerians to be law-abiding and to present a positive image of Nigeria to interested foreigners.

100 percent correct and no one is debating that fact. That is how it should be. You do not force your citizens to say good things about their country especially when all is well with the so called land. It reflects in their day to day life and the citizens will willingly say good things about their country without no one reminding them that they have to be patriotic and law abiding.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2010
To-chi:

100 percent correct and no one is debating that fact. That is how it should be. You do not force your citizens to say good things about their country especially when all is well with the so called land. It reflects in their day to day life and the citizens will willingly say good things about their country without no one reminding them that they have to be patriotic and law abiding.

abi oooooo
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

For @BlackCat1 and all the other "bend the truth to make it sweet at all cost to outsiders" crowd, these are some of the questions people really have and want answers to . .  and I mean people both in Nigeria and outside. Telling people how lovely Nigerian food is and all that nonsense is not going to change, not even one soul out there. In the information age, people want answers to questions, not kindergarten ramblings of the sort even kids these days don't even care for.

These days, you don't even have to say anything to people. They can peak right into your own backyard to see what is going on there for themselves, and the minute we get a clue and start cleaning up our acts rather than trying to push a view or another, the better for our image.
First and foremost,Nigeria is a sovereign nation,therefore does not owe any outsiders answers to whatsoever questions and as far as i'm concerned being patriotic towards one country means everything even standing by it when it's falling.why do we have to cry to the whiteman when they were there during the military days and they couldn't do anything to stop the injustice that was done to the democracy they brought to us.so why i believe they would do anything now even if i show them the darkest side of nigeria ?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

First and foremost,Nigeria is a sovereign nation,therefore does not owe any outsiders answers to whatsoever questions and as far as i'm concerned
Dude, you may need to take your own advice a bit more if you really come at me with the above. The thread itself is on communicating a view to OUTSIDERS of what Nigeria really is. So, it's probably best you SHELVE the above mindset if you really want to effectively communicate whatever view you have in here.
~Bluetooth:

being patriotic towards one country means everything even standing by it when it's falling.
Also Patriotism precludes one being stupid even when faced with truth. We all saw that play out in the American situation over the last administration and to date. It is a good idea to learn rather than continue to hold on to archaic and ignorant views in the world we live in.
~Bluetooth:

why do we have to cry to the whiteman when they were there during the military days and they couldn't do anything to stop the injustice that was done to the democracy they brought to us.so why i believe they would do anything now even if i show them the darkest side of nigeria ?
If you really feel the way you express above, may I suggest you completely avoid this thread as the thread is for those who do not have WHITEMAN issues and are at least willing to address the fact that we do have an image problem that needs to be solved somehow. This has NOTHING to do with WHITEMAN or what you think of them. Instead, this is more about the state of life for millions of people who live in Nigeria.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Tochi3(m): 11:52pm On Sep 20, 2010
If you really feel the way you express above, may I suggest you completely avoid this thread as the thread is for those who do not have WHITEMAN issues and are at least willing to address the fact that we do have an image problem that needs to be solved somehow. This has NOTHING to do with WHITEMAN or what you think of them. Instead, this is more about the state of life for millions of people who live in Nigeria.

cool  cool  cool
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Dude, you may need to take your own advice a bit more if you really come at me with the above. The thread itself is on communicating a view to OUTSIDERS of what Nigeria really is. So, it's probably best you SHELVE the above mindset if you really want to effectively communicate whatever view you have in here. Also Patriotism precludes one being silly even when faced with truth. We all saw that play out in the American situation over the last administration and to date. It is a good idea to learn rather than continue to hold on to archaic and ignorant views in the world we live in. If you really feel the way you express above, may I suggest you completely avoid this thread as the thread is for those who do not have WHITEMAN issues and are at least willing to address the fact that we do have an image problem that needs to be solved somehow. This has NOTHING to do with WHITEMAN or what you think of them. Instead, this is more about the state of life for millions of people who live in Nigeria.

Communicate a view of nigeria to outsiders ? For what ? Anyways,i don't need to learn anything to what i've known that Nigeria traditions must be sustained irrespective of what the west think about us.What solution is it going to bring to nigeria even if all the pictures sent are from the bad areas of nigeria because your soultion to nigeria seems to be attached to this stuff.
what is the objectivity of the whole thing if not mockery and the same imperialistic idea ?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Communicate a view of nigeria to outsiders ? For what ? Anyways,i don't need to learn anything to what i've known that Nigeria traditions must be sustained irrespective of what the west think about us.What solution is it going to bring to nigeria even if all the pictures sent are from the bad areas of nigeria because your soultion to nigeria seems to be attached to this stuff.
what is the objectivity of the whole thing if not mockery and the same imperialistic idea ?

Dude, you are so operating on a level that is so out there. You probably need to STOP/DESIST from responding to any posts on this thread as long as you are on that high. Like I said, this thread is for those who are really in touch with reality and are looking for reasons why it remains as it is and probably want to do something about it.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 21, 2010
I know people would have been sending in stuff,so what next should i expect since you keep giving me hope to expect something tangible from pictures sent to CNN.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 12:37am On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You are completely lost. You are talking as if Nigeria is an island unto itself. If we are unable to hold ourselves accountable we at least should be able to hold ourselves accountable to international standards. That is the crux of our folly, Nigerians think what is happening in the country is normal. Who in God’s name is talking about traditions? We are talking about quality of life and you are bringing tradition into it. You are confused. And yes, showing what is wrong about the country under normal circumstances should spur our leaders to do more. But alas normal is not a word found in Nigeria. Abnornal? Yes you will find plenty of that.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I know people would have been sending in stuff,so what next should i expect since you keep giving me hope to expect something tangible from pictures sent to CNN.

IReport is not new. It's year old and people use it as a way to get their concerns out there so others around the world can see what concerns them, help and probably react enough to get something happening. Others see it as a way to publish pictures and stories of what is happening (good or bad) in their countries. Please, if YOU are right now not fixing Nigeria for the people, I suggest you expect people to post what they believe is their reality. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the WHITEMAN or CNN but the views of people(ordinary BAYO and ADE on the streets).

Again, rather than looking for ways to attack the WHITEMAN or CNN, I suggest you attack the true reality of living for Nigerians who live down there in Nigeria. Matter of fact, start working on developing and fixing the nation for the over 75% Nigerians that are living today in serious poverty if you want them to post only nice things of your country on this website. Making this about CNN or the WHITEMAN will be as pointless as attacking YOUTUBE for the dirty pictures and images of Nigeria on the website.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 21, 2010
bidemi12:

You are completely lost. You are talking as if Nigeria is an island unto itself. If we are unable to hold ourselves accountable we at least should be able to hold ourselves accountable to international standards. That is the crux of our folly, Nigerians think what is happening in the country is normal. Who in God’s name is talking about traditions? We are talking about quality of life and you are bringing tradition into it. You are confused. And yes, showing what is wrong about the country under normal circumstances should spur our leaders to do more. But alas normal is not a word found in Nigeria. Abnornal? Yes you will find plenty of that.
So i'm supposed to shout hurray abi  because CNN would show photos of Ajegunle,send it to Obama and he send money to us to develop Ajegunle into las vegas or what ? I just don't know why you guys don't look above all these crap.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 12:46am On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

So i'm supposed to shout hurray abi because CNN would show photos of Ajegunle,send it to Obama and he send money to us to develop Ajegunle into las vegas or what ? I just don't know why you guys don't look above all these crap.

WOW . . dude, you are becoming more and more like @Becomerich by the day. What the heck happened to you? What is with all the senseless ramblings from you now? Why are you having a seriously hard time following the topic of discussion, let alone the conversations that have been taking place on here?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

IReport is not new. It's year old and people use it as a way to get their concerns out there so others around the world can see what concerns them, help and probably react enough to get something happening. Others see it as a way to publish pictures and stories of what is happening (good or bad) in their countries. Please, if YOU are right now not fixing Nigeria for the people, I suggest you expect people to post what they believe is their reality. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the WHITEMAN or CNN but the views of people(ordinary BAYO and ADE on the streets).

Again, rather than looking for ways to attack the WHITEMAN or CNN, I suggest you attack the true reality of living for Nigerians who live down there in Nigeria. Matter of fact, start working on developing and fixing the nation for the over 75% Nigerians that are living today in serious poverty if you want them to post only nice things of your country on this website. Making this about CNN or the WHITEMAN will be as pointless as attacking YOUTUBE for the dirty pictures and images of Nigeria on the website.
Since the BBC ''welcome to lagos'' documentary,what form of help has come so far to either the state or federal government to turn thing around in lagos.please,i like to know.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Since the BBC ''welcome to lagos'' documentary,what form of help has come so far to either the state or federal government to turn thing around in lagos.please,i like to know.

Form of help? From whom? I don't even understand your line of reasoning here. When I watch a documentary on World War II, kindly explain what form of help I expect to come and to which party please.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 1:47am On Sep 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . dude, you are becoming more and more like @Becomerich by the day. What the heck happened to you? What is with all the senseless ramblings from you now? Why are you having a seriously hard time following the topic of discussion, let alone the conversations that have been taking place on here?

You mean his reasoning was at least partialy acceptable in the past? well i find that hard to believe considering his disjointed inputs so far.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 1:49am On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

like i said before normal is not a nigerian term often used. any normal govt would have hid their heads in shame and tried to change the status quo.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shotuns: 3:32am On Sep 21, 2010
@kobokunje,
which part of the world are you? Do you know the current population of the Chinese today? statistically 1.3 billion but in actual fact it is close to 2 billion. I narrated a true story based on my personal experience here, for the past 5 years of my experience i still encouter this same question everyday of my life but you hardly see all these in their media all you see is the best part of the Chinese. Yes Chinese people can be found in every continent, had families, learn local languages, same here in China there are many Nigerians who had families here too, settled down and learned the local languages, does that mean flooding Africa with their goods and their presence means all Chinese know everything about Africa? I have seen on several occasions where foreign invites were invited to tv programs and they had to correct the chinese host that African is not a country. what do you know ? 
@ Agigator.
Yes I did reply the taxi driver and he was ashamed . I taught him a lesson he had never been taught and he was pleased to be my friend and even offered me a job to teach his son.
All in all ,there are so many people out there who knew less or nothing about Africa as a whole or Nigeria, we all stood the chance to show to them what we are, no sane human will ever say he or she is satisfied with the present condition in the country but we can educate the world that we are not that bad as most people think. The media is one part to be blame for, all i see in the media everyday is hunger,war,poverty, famine,diseases in Africa. We need to show the world the good side of our nation.
   Peace to you all
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Form of help? From whom? I don't even understand your line of reasoning here. When I watch a documentary on World War II, kindly explain what form of help I expect to come and to which party please.
If there won't be any help from such,then why do we need it ? See,i'm one of those that believe that ''Nigerians are the cause of their problems and should also be the ones to find solutions to such problems.we don't need to go to the era of world war two to prove anything,chile and haiti had disasters of recent,yet the world came to their rescue.Thailand and Greek also had economy problems and they got the necessary international assistance they needed.If the whole idea is just to inform the world without any positive outcome,then of what use is the idea ? This is what i still can't figure out.''OBJECTIVITY''.
bidemi12:

You mean his reasoning was at least partialy acceptable in the past? well i find that hard to believe considering his disjointed inputs so far.
my bad. . .i'm one of those that still see that shiothole called nigeria as a country and i've come to realized that until we address the problems of bad leadership and low quality governance,then we can't move along.it's has nothing to do with the poor nigerians on the street anyways ,don't mind me if i get entangled in my emotional opinion.I just can't stand it.
bidemi12:

like i said before normal is not a nigerian term often used. any normal govt would have hid their heads in shame and tried to change the status quo.
this is what i want us to tell the world ''The whims and caprices of our leaders'' .why everything has been wrong with us since indepedence despite the huge wealth . .Why our government has no shame.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by agitator: 9:39am On Sep 21, 2010
@shotgun,
Well its good to hear the enlightenment part. PEACE

@bluetooth

Do you know how many oil spillages that occurred onshore and offshore in Nigeria without the Nigerian media reporting about it?

I have witnessed where oil spilled into a river used for fishing, bathing, washing, drinking, etc and people living the affected communities and host community had to make do with bush water for drinking and cooking as the river water could not be used. Note this was before pure (sachet) water became common, but in order to preserve the precious bush water for drinking, they still had to use it for bathing, washing, etc.

compare it to what happened recently in the gulf of Mexico, didn't the American press air the issue?

but same thing occurs more often in Nigeria (although of recent all spillages is are now attributed to vandalism, bunkering, militancy, etc) and it's not reported by the local press. So don't blame Nigerians who see this as an opportunity to do their own journalism.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ajalio(f): 9:55am On Sep 21, 2010
Years ago, before I got to know my husband, his family and Nigeria generally, Nigeria and her citizens for me was a country from one better leaves the fingers. And why? Because everything what one found out about Nigeria only dealt with frault, corruption etc. That one finds also a lot of beauty and positive in Nigeria, one did not get to know. This has not changed much up to now even if a more positive picture of Nigeria is sometimes tried to point. The prevailing majority of the people abroad has no other possibility to inform about Nigeria, as about reports and documentations in the media. This negative picture brings so many disadvantages for Nigerians no matter whether they live at home or abroad. You know this only too well and experience it every single day.
Why not using the possibility to show Nigeria to the people like you see it and experience?
Show, what friendly, happy, honest and full of ideas people you are. The varied beauties of your country, the hospitillity, your humor. I mean not to deny the mismanagement or to talk nicely about this would be wrong. But Nigeria is more, much more and this you should also point. Make the people curiously on you and your country, so that they want to get to know more. Certainly something will change not from today on tomorrow, however if the people scratch not only in the surface, but start to dig deeper who knows what can originate from it, for both sides. To talk with each other is the beginning to understood each other. Many mistakes and prejudices could be cleared so.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by agitator: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2010
Well if you think we will post pictures to clear your image and boost your ego before your friends abroad, then you are mistaken. Thank God it's internet based not by surface mail all these governors, their kids and praise singers would have blocked it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nba Ikeja Press Release On N97 Fuel Price / Jigawa Speaker, Idris Garba, Impeached / Media Working Against PMB, His Achievements Under-Reported - Oyo-Ita Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.