Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport (7650 Views)

'IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake' - CNN iReport / On The Alleged CNN Ireport About Buhari's Probe Of Harlibuton Scandal / Spy Hidden Cameras 4 Sale iReport News During This Election (i Av Mine) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Abrantie: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2010
Send only videos of Abuja. LOL cheesy

Captions: "This is Federal Stadium". "This is Federal Mosque". This is Federal Rock.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by nopuqeater: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2010
Nigeria and Nigerians need to embark in nation rebuilding; law abiding citizenry to replace lawlessness.
This therefore in time, will help the police to police itself, the military to military itself and the citizenry to be safe, but no society is completely safe.
So we need sincerity in recognizing what we are limited in our human capability, individually and collectively as a nation. Dropping all these divisions of tribal sentiments. Keep your identity, but what unite us is more than what should be the division. After all we have the same broken/pidgin that we can communicate with almost all. We practically eat almost the same food, as long as its not spiritually disagreeing with you and it taste good.

We need to recognize God at the helm of our individual and collective affairs. For the moment, we are spiritually for the most part hypocritical, the reason that all ills abound, with all the many churches and mosques in every block.

We can develop our commerce and relegate the OIL to a non issue. Look at Texas, California, Oklahoma, etc. Indeed the United States. Oil industry, though profoundly lucrative and many billionaires have been made in the industry, America can function without producing a singe drop of Oil from her soil. Nigeria needs to get to that stage. We need almost all Nigerians to achieve this generational goal.

If China and India can rise us, so can Nigeria. Some of the best minds, in goodness are from Nigeria.

@Kokojunkie: The gentleman asked if you are from Columbus, Ohio. You bop and weave, but no answer. Now: Are you from Columbus, Ohio? If not, where are you from? I need name of village, Town or City, and State, Boro, and Country. I want direct answer, since we are al adults here. You should correct you location if you are no more from Ohio, because it is confusing and not being straight forward about it.

You were just complaining about Nigerians about not being up and up. Charity they say begins at home. Lets know where you are or at least hide it.
Am being straight forward about it. Not being an irritant, like the other brother who cowered.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Abrantie: 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2010
Send only videos of Abuja minus the people. LOL cheesy
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2010
shotuns:

@ tensor777
I guess you have problem reading english.  Try and read my comment again.
shotuns:

we are widely recognised  just for the useless and selfcentered leaders.

Well that sounds as if you agree with these negative epithets.
Truth be told though is that some Nigerians are notorious for the invective they heap on government officials as if, in of itself, that changes anything.
We really do need to accentuate the positive whilst at the same time being law-abiding citizens. That would in turn make the country more attractive to sundry foreigners.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2010
tensor777:

Truth be told though is that some Nigerians are notorious for the invective they heap on government officials as if, in of itself, that changes anything.
We really do need to accentuate the positive whilst at the same time being law-abiding citizens. That would in turn make the country more attractive to sundry foreigners.

Okay. apart from the over emphasised arguement that nigerians are warm and fuzzy people, (which is a topic of dispute for another day because if we really were we would care more about each other) give me ten true positives about nigeria. And i emphasize TRUE.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ada24: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2010
bidemi12:

Okay. apart from the over emphasised arguement that nigerians are warm and fuzzy people, (which is a topic of dispute for another day because if we really were we would care more about each other) give me ten true positives about nigeria. And i emphasize TRUE.

i'm waiting as well. no one seems to want to write this list.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2010
bidemi12:

ROFLMAO!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by agitator: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2010
It is wonderful how you hear people always telling others to talk of the positives about Nigeria, while they are outside the country enjoying themselves.  It's just beats the imagination how our so called leaders loot all the money and send their kids abroad. And they come online to post nonsense.  angry angry angry

Some of them are ashamed when their friends, neighbours tell them how their country of origin is.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2010
ada24:

i'm waiting as well. no one seems to want to write this list.
here goes

1. we are one of the most culturally diverse peoples in the world, from the tivs to the nupes, ibibios, yorubas, ibos, hausas, fulanis, etc. over 300 tribes and counting.

2. when it comes to food nigeria has a vast array of palatable dishes [im hungry thinking about]

3. we are abundantly blessed with rich natural and human resources in every nook and corner

4. nigeria is home to over 400,000 plant species throughout its land

5. nigeria houses warm people, if you disagree source funds for a good cause 'heart operation etc' and see how quickly funds are raised. aisha on this forum can attest to this.

6. nigeria has birthed some of the brightest people in the world, from renowned authors to geo physicists, economists, singers, footballers, doctors, professors, lawyers and hard core hustlers (the legal type)

7. nigeria owns some of the most resilient people. its amazing the suicide rate is low with crap we have to go through day by day. but for the resilience and never say die attitude, it would have crumbled a long time ago

8. no other country has more slangs, from effizy, effrebo, jonze, fashee, swegbe, mumu, dodoyo, oponu, were, swagger[borrowed], gbensh, knack, swave, ginger, yes o, and so on and so forth grin

9. nigeria has rich clothes. whenever i wear my agbada i feel rich, powerful and worthy. whether its worn in nigeria or overseas the casting looks by admirers sure makes the day a brighter one. a suit hasnt been quite able to match the same level of swagger, lol

10. investment wise for property nigeria is good. i got a piece of land in 2008 for about 3 million. today its valued at between 6 and 7 mill, thats what im talking about

11. last but not the least this generation has produced some pretty amazing talents. the list includes cobhams asuquo, chimamanda ngozi adochie, asa, 2face, 9ice, the late dagrin, dbanj, wande coal, psquare, tara [make up guru, only 32 years old], banke meshida-lawal [again make-up], ugoma ebilah[zebra fashion], deola sagoe [ fashion], tolu ogunlesi [234next], jide alakija [photographer]. my point is all these guys are doing extremely well and adding value to nigeria inspite of the hard conditions in the country. make yourself count and do your own bit, no matter how small. God bless nigeria and God bless you.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2010
ladej:

1. we are one of the most culturally diverse peoples in the world, from the tivs to the nupes, ibibios, yorubas, ibos, hausas, fulanis, etc. over 300 tribes and counting.
We are not the only country that can make the above claim though and the world already knows this is also part of the problem we battle in the country regularly. So how does repeating this well-known fact change our image?

ladej:

2. when it comes to food nigeria has a vast array of palatable dishes [im hungry thinking about]
Most every other country in the world can make the same claim. Have you seen how we tend to flock Chinese and Indian restaurants much? So, again, how does this change our image? Are you implying the world has no clue of this already?

ladej:

3. we are abundantly blessed with rich natural and human resources in every nook and corner
Sure, the world knows this fact and China and many other countries out there are already exploiting this fact. So how again does repeating this help our image?

ladej:

4. nigeria is home to over 400,000 plant species throughout its land
Ok . . . how does this help improve our image as a nation?

ladej:

5. nigeria houses warm people, if you disagree source funds for a good cause 'heart operation etc' and see how quickly funds are raised. aisha on this forum can attest to this.
Excuse me but when it comes to "warm people" Nigeria is not even 100th on the list. Most other african countries can boast of the same. Americans are still by far the warmest on the planet following your def there as they contribute the most to helping people, even in Nigeria. So I have to ask again, how does telling people this help Nigeria's image?
ladej:

6. nigeria has birthed some of the brightest people in the world, from renowned authors to geo physicists, economists, singers, footballers, doctors, professors, lawyers and hard core hustlers (the legal type)
Every other country out there can make the same claim, even Eritrea. So again how does this help our image?

ladej:

7. nigeria owns some of the most resilient people. its amazing the suicide rate is low with crap we have to go through day by day. but for the resilience and never say die attitude, it would have crumbled a long time ago
Correction, the suicide rate in Nigeria is NOT LOW, it is more the case that we do not yet have a system that more accurately reports the situation in the country when it comes to crimes and related issues. So, please do not assume that then means the suicide rate or crime rate is low.
However, if we want to argue this, we can also argue that this is the case in most of the black world(where the same problems exists when it comes to record keeping),and people out there know this for a fact. So, I ask again, how does this already known issue help our image?

ladej:

8. no other country has more slangs, from effizy, effrebo, jonze, fashee, swegbe, mumu, dodoyo, oponu, were, swagger[borrowed], gbensh, knack, swave, ginger, yes o, and so on and so forth grin
How does this help better our image?

ladej:

9. nigeria has rich clothes. whenever i wear my agbada i feel rich, powerful and worthy. whether its worn in nigeria or overseas the casting looks by admirers sure makes the day a brighter one. a suit hasnt been quite able to match the same level of swagger, lol
sigh . . . . How does this CLAIM help our image?

ladej:

10. investment wise for property nigeria is good. i got a piece of land in 2008 for about 3 million. today its valued at between 6 and 7 mill, thats what im talking about
That in our country property is ridiculously OVER VALUED . . how does this help our image?

ladej:

11. last but not the least this generation has produced some pretty amazing talents. the list includes cobhams asuquo, chimamanda ngozi adochie, asa, 2face, 9ice, the late dagrin, dbanj, wande coal, psquare, tara [make up guru, only 32 years old], banke meshida-lawal [again make-up], ugoma ebilah[zebra fashion], deola sagoe [ fashion], tolu ogunlesi [234next], jide alakija [photographer]. my point is all these guys are doing extremely well and adding value to nigeria inspite of the hard conditions in the country. make yourself count and do your own bit, no matter how small. God bless nigeria and God bless you.
WOW . . .  you are easily impressed, aren't you? Dude, how does this help our image?

You spoke earlier of accentuating the good and I expected reasonable take on this  . . .  Honestly speaking, is the above what you think the world wants to hear from you and I when it comes to good things happening in Nigeria? Think for a second before you respond. I am sitting somewhere in, say, Atlanta and I happen to be one of those who sends, say about $2000 to help people in third world countries improve their lives yearly. What particular point above do you think will gladden my heart or is news to me?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2010
@ kobojunkie, i wont bother to counter all you have said. if you had bothered to read what i wrote in RESPONSE to the question asked you wont have bothered. the question was, can you name 10 good things about nigeria? i believe i did so. the question wasnt how can nigeria's image be bettered. hope i cleared that up. thanks for your input.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2010
ladej:

@ kobojunkie, i wont bother to counter all you have said. if you had bothered to read what i wrote in RESPONSE to the question asked you wont have bothered. the question was, can you name 10 good things about nigeria? i believe i did so. the question wasnt how can nigeria's image be bettered. hope i cleared that up. thanks for your input.

Oh! So, you are convinced you actually answered the question asked by that? I believe the question asked was to get people to reveal what exactly it is that people don't already know of Nigeria and would maybe WOW them if they learnt of it or something. What you gave above seems more what I would expect from a Nursery school pupil asked to write of 10 nice things he would tell his friends of Nigeria or something. Not meant as an insult but your list there get as e be.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Oh! So, you are convinced you actually answered the question asked by that? I believe the question asked was to get people to reveal what exactly it is that people don't already know of Nigeria and would maybe WOW them if they learnt of it or something. What you gave above seems more what I would expect from a Nursery school pupil asked to write of 10 nice things he would tell his friends of Nigeria or something. Not meant as an insult but your list there get as e be.
opinions are like assholes. at the end of the day everyone has one. have a nice day.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2010
I am just saying. What would posting that list there on CNN IReport do? I can almost imagine the look of people's faces when they read through such.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Iranoladun(f): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Kobojunkie

Where is your own list if you are busy picking holes in the effort made by Ladej?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2010
Iranoladun:

@Kobojunkie

Where is your own list if you are busy picking holes in the effort made by Ladej?

Picking holes? What holes? Why do I need a list?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2010
It is a fair question to you Kobojunkie. If you feel his wholesome list is defective then why not produce your own?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2010
tensor777:

It is a fair question to you Kobojunkie. If you feel his wholesome list is defective then why not produce your own?

The reason she cannot is because there is absolutely none. is it in the area of elections, security, education or power generation? these are areas where you can impress any reasonable person.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2010
tensor777:

How can it be a fair question when I have never postulated that I subscribe to the "TELL them only the good" mentality?  Someone presented a list and I went through the list wondering why exactly any of that would somehow change the view of foreigners who, by the way, already know of all that is on that list and more.

If you go through the pages and posts on IREPORT, you will realize it is page for adults and not kids, and many of the people on there are well-learned and probably know more of how your own country works than you do. So, forgive me if I don't see how telling someone that we wear agbada is reason to smile about Nigeria, and forget that the country is plagued with corruption and poverty.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2010
tensor777:

That is like saying mexico will have more people coming into their country with all the drug wars going on there.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2010
sometimes i think most people in nigera are so daft. on this same nairaland you have topics that exhibit our inadequacies and then turn around to talk about 'positive' things. i really wonder about nigerians. facing the obvious truth seems to be a problem. do you think i will listen to your positive lies and at the same time ignore the fact that a senator or some other personality was assasinated yesterday because of do or die elections, or that there are road blocks all over the country where policemen collect tithes? even in an african country like ghana it is unheared of. i really wonder.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by SSaemoenl(m): 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2010
Ok, I will do as u said by posting Ore/Benin expressway that have took FG over 15 years to put in place. may be, that will make more American and Europeans to visit the BANANA republic called Nigeria. Sucking country! embarassed
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shfizle(m): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2010
I read some people's opinions and what comes to mind is the famous rebranding- Good People Great Nation. Spent so much money yet nothing good came of it except an extra wallpaper in our phones. It is pathetic and appaling that some of us think we can change the nation's reputation by sending a few pictures to foreign media. They already have journalists around here, they know what goes on! Let's stop deceiving ourselves and instead focus on our individual attitude. Truth is, we are the nation and our actions will bring about a positive or negative image for the country. Stop coming up with silly kindergarten lists on nairaland. Can't imagine someone comes up with a list and it includes food! Such gluttony embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ada24: 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2010
shfizle:

I read some people's opinions and what comes to mind is the famous rebranding- Good People Great Nation. Spent so much money yet nothing good came of it except an extra wallpaper in our phones. It is pathetic and appaling that some of us think we can change the nation's reputation by sending a few pictures to foreign media. They already have journalists around here, they know what goes on! Let's stop deceiving ourselves and instead focus on our individual attitude. Truth is, we are the nation and our actions will bring about a positive or negative image for the country. Stop coming up with silly kindergarten lists on nairaland. Can't imagine someone comes up with a list and it includes food! Such gluttony embarassed embarassed embarassed

thank you - when the lead poisoning was happening earlier in Nigeria is it not the international media that had to disgrace the state governor into action, and even then they tried to play it down. same thing with the child witches saga, the akwa ibom governor tried to say in a recent interview with CNN that the problem is almost non existent. i almost chocked on my cornflakes the morning i read that nonsense!!

call a spade a spade - when people can write a list of the positive things they are going to submit to this i-report malarkey then some of us will keep quiet. as for warm and friendly people - abeg don't even let people start talking about the moral decay that is entrenched in the society.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by HighChief4(m): 1:29am On Sep 17, 2010
Am sure this will do

Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kilode1: 1:49am On Sep 17, 2010
^^^ Ranka dede Force of Nigeria
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by agitator: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2010
High_Chief:

Am sure this will do

High Chief at least na positive thing wey happen to you  grin grin grin the thing show say our police wey everybody dey curse really take time dey honor High_Chiefs  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ladej(m): 8:09am On Sep 17, 2010
I mentioned food and I stand by it. The chinese exported and still export their food worldwide today. Its a billion dollar market. The chinese by the way possibly have a worse human rights record than most, but because of exports such as food, films, and technology, this is buried. Don't underestimate food.I like in the UK which practically doesn't have a national food. The popular indian meal chicken tikks massala or tandori chicken has been adopted. India is also a 3rd world country. They got their acts today and today their food is exported world wide. Before america entered the industrial age just after slavery was abolished, it was a worldwide leader in agriculture, I.e. Food.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by HighChief4(m): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2010
agitator:

High Chief at least na positive thing wey happen to you grin grin grin the thing show say our police wey everybody dey curse really take time dey honor High_Chiefs cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Are they police or thugs in police uniform
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2010
Nigerian food will change the world's views of Nigeria , ROFL! grin grin cheesy
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by agitator: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Nigerian food will change the world's views of Nigeria , ROFL! grin grin cheesy

no not nigeria food, but the exporting

kobo i always wonder how you can tolerate these kind of people undecided
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by aol(m): 6:41am On Sep 18, 2010
no problem . . i no dey talk too much . . make them dey cum . . make i show them our soakaway wey e don full for backyard !angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? / Spot The Difference Between This Nigerian Military Officer And American Military / P&ID Scandal: Court Grants Bail To Former Petroleum Ministry Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.