Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,208 members, 7,836,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport (7647 Views)

'IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake' - CNN iReport / On The Alleged CNN Ireport About Buhari's Probe Of Harlibuton Scandal / Spy Hidden Cameras 4 Sale iReport News During This Election (i Av Mine) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 21, 2010
agitator:

@shotgun,
Well its good to hear the enlightenment part. PEACE

@bluetooth

Do you know how many oil spillages that occurred onshore and offshore in Nigeria without the Nigerian media reporting about it?

I have witnessed where oil spilled into a river used for fishing, bathing, washing, drinking, etc and people living the affected communities and host community had to make do with bush water for drinking and cooking as the river water could not be used. Note this was before pure (sachet) water became common, but in order to preserve the precious bush water for drinking, they still had to use it for bathing, washing, etc.

compare it to what happened recently in the gulf of Mexico, didn't the American press air the issue?

but same thing occurs more often in Nigeria (although of recent all spillages is are now attributed to vandalism, bunkering, militancy, etc) and it's not reported by the local press. So don't blame Nigerians who see this as an opportunity to do their own journalism.
the two are different. . .the mexico case is a genuine one while the Niger delta is borne out on vandalization and bunkering,so the genuine one receives attention most.it's normal.it may also interest you to know that the various methods used in cleaning oil spillage in the ND were reviewed during the gulf spillage.
however,the idea behind the mexico spill is to clean up the coast and seal the busted oil rig while the ND would be to clean up and address the causative problems causing those vandalisation which are resource control, margainlisation of that region and the call for true federalism.but up till today,almost no effort has been made to address the causative problems and what we keep hearing every time is the outcome of such problems which are the unrests in the region.
agitator:

Well if you think we will post pictures to clear your image and boost your ego before your friends abroad, then you are mistaken. Thank God it's internet based not by surface mail all these governors, their kids and praise singers would have blocked it.
It's not a new thing,so don't personalize it.folks have been sending videos to Cnn a long time ago just that some times they don't do a follow up to such news.i remembered the Akwa ibom case on child witchcraft when one NGO sent disgusting pictures of helpless innocent children to the United Nations and it was aired on CNN.the governor was interviewed,he later invited the cnn to the state for further enquiry and it was revealed that the state government has given the NGO millions of naira in financial assistance to rehabilitate the children ,yet videos made in 2007 were sent to UN in 2010.what is the objectivity in such reporting if not for monetary gains ?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2010
shotuns:

@kobokunje,
which part of the world are you? Do you know the current population of the Chinese today? statistically 1.3 billion but in actual fact it is close to 2 billion. I narrated a true story based on my personal experience here, for the past 5 years of my experience i still encouter this same question everyday of my life but you hardly see all these in there media all you see is the best part of the Chinese.
So what? You encountered a few ignorant Chinese means ALL CHINESE, Even the more than a million Now living in Nigeria(with family back in China) do not know of Africa? That you encountered a few Ignorant chinese men in China means all Chinese men in China who have African neighbors are just as ignorant? Come on! That line has been overused and makes no sense to this debate.
shotuns:

Yes Chinese people can be found in every continent, had families, learn local languages, same here in China there are many Nigerians who had families here too, settled down and learned the local languages, does that mean flooding Africa with their goods and their presence means all Chinese know everything about Africa? I have seen on several occasions where foreign invites were invited to tv programs and they had to correct the chinese host that African is not a country. what do you know ? 

I am sorry whatever point you were trying to make is moot. There will always be the ignorant ones but to come on here to tell us that you met them means NO BODY OUT THERE has a clue what Africa is like is silly. Matter of fact, it is not your place to educate those who are not educated or do not even make the effort to be. That there are still people who still believe the world is flat is no cause for me to throw my hands up crying that people don't know much of the world and need to be educated on the planet. Unless you are planning to use IREPORT to educate all Chinese, even those who cannot read, then I suggest you lay off the goof.

If I met a guy today and told him wonderful stories of my Nigeria, what is there to stop him from deciding to go down there to see for himself? What stops him from flying into, say Calabar tomorrow to see the sides of Nigeria that you probably will hide from him? What will your discussion with him be from then onwards? That is what we are on today.

The stories in the media are NOT LIES, they are truths of what people who have travelled down to Africa today have been able to corroborate.   I was just speaking to a Ugandan friend of mine the other day of her country, and she revealed to me that yes, there are still places in Africa where people walk around unclothed and she happens to live and work in one of those places. She even sent me a picture to confirm this. I was both astonished and shocked. I could not for the life of me understand why any group in Africa(her own country by the way) would still walk around unclothed to this day but it does happen. She could have easily hidden that from me so she can continue to live in ignorance and claim the Media was lying about it all but no, she revealed it as the truth, even though she herself is not from that tribe/culture.

Blaming the media is classic sign of disconnect from the true reality of life in Africa. If you develop your country/Continent, the media will have less stories of poverty, misery etc to show. But when the VAST MAJORITY still live with hunger, war, poverty, famine,diseases in Africaetc, what else do you expect? For the media to give more airtime to the very few(less than 1%) who are doing so well? Why? So you can feel good while the 10s of Millions continue to live in misery and neglect?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2010
☻ajali☺:

Years ago, before I got to know my husband, his family and Nigeria generally, Nigeria and her citizens for me was a country from one better leaves the fingers. And why? Because everything what one found out about Nigeria only dealt with frault, corruption etc. That one finds also a lot of beauty and positive in Nigeria, one did not get to know. This has not changed much up to now even if a more positive picture of Nigeria is sometimes tried to point. The prevailing majority of the people abroad has no other possibility to inform about Nigeria, as about reports and documentations in the media. This negative picture brings so many disadvantages for Nigerians no matter whether they live at home or abroad. You know this only too well and experience it every single day.
Why not using the possibility to show Nigeria to the people like you see it and experience?
Show, what friendly, happy, honest and full of ideas people you are. The varied beauties of your country, the hospitillity, your humor. I mean not to deny the mismanagement or to talk nicely about this would be wrong. But Nigeria is more, much more and this you should also point. Make the people curiously on you and your country, so that they want to get to know more. Certainly something will change not from today on tomorrow, however if the people scratch not only in the surface, but start to dig deeper who knows what can originate from it, for both sides. To talk with each other is the beginning to understood each other. Many mistakes and prejudices could be cleared so.
I am a Nigerian living abroad, and do not experience whatever DISADVANTAGES you claim there that Nigerians do abroad.
Now, to the case of problems with Nigerians living abroad, it is also HONEST to admit that it is not the case that we are all angels here. There have been so many 419 rings rounded up both in the UK and the United States that it makes no sense to still believe all the stigma comes from being a Nigerian. I have friends who have been questioned, some implicated in one fraud issue or another, all carried out here by some dubious individuals. So, I think again, HONESTY is the BEST POLICY in these things.
Secondly, that you see some beauty or choose to see ALL BEAUTY in Nigeria does not mean all people will see only that. See there are different kinds of people out there --- some only choose to see the beautiful shiny, while some others see the Shiny but cannot ignore the poverty and misery that surrounds them still. Most of the world falls under the second and so it makes sense for us to understand that the superficial no longer counts for much, and we start to get our act together.

Blaming the Media or people abroad is just a copout, and I know you claim to be married to a Nigerian, but I would suggest you go out to Nigeria to live for a couple of months(make sure you go out and meet the people in their elements) to get a better picture of the reality of the country that people down there speak of.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shotuns: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2010
@Kobokunje, I really wonder if you are truly a Nigerian. you making no sense.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
shotuns:

@Kobokunje, I really wonder if you are truly a Nigerian. you making no sense.

Stop wondering . . . focus on pointing out the wrong in my argument rather than trying to attack my person. What portion of my post is it you have a problem with and why?
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shotuns: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2010
You know what your problem is? try and contribute something better from your own personal obeservation and stop copying and pasting what others wrote, you making no sense with it.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2010
Oh gosh . . . not today with your kind . . . Look, if you cannot stand views different from yours, then may I suggest you find yourself something else to do with your time? Some of us are actually here to enjoy a good sensible debate, not read lines from people who get unnerved when their views are challenged.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shotuns: 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hehe dude, you getting too high. Common just giivng you an advice don't get too pissed off, Grow up boy!.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shotuns: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hehe dude, you getting too high. Common just giving you an advice don't get too pissed off, Grow up boy!.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by shotuns: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hehe dude, you getting too high. Common just giving you an advice don't get too pissed off and i am no here to debate your kind but to enjoy good and sensible debate just like you said. Anyway don't get too pissed off. Grow up boy!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

If there won't be any help from such,then why do we need it ? See,i'm one of those that believe that ''Nigerians are the cause of their problems and should also be the ones to find solutions to such problems.
If you truly believe the above, then is it possible that you also let the above reflect in your debates?
~Bluetooth:

we don't need to go to the era of world war two to prove anything,chile and haiti had disasters of recent,yet the world came to their rescue.Thailand and Greek also had economy problems and they got the necessary international assistance they needed.If the whole idea is just to inform the world without any positive outcome,then of what use is the idea ? This is what i still can't figure out.''OBJECTIVITY''.
I don't think the DICTIONARY subscribes to your twist on the meaning of the word OBJECTIVITY there.

To help you, the help that continues to flood the country comes in the form of donations from international organizations and individuals. Billions of dollars flow into Nigeria/Africa yearly as a result of people especially in the United States watching and learning of the seriousness of the situation in the country. Where do you think UNICEF/UN-WFP gets the money it continues to use to care for the vast number of poor in Nigeria? From the moon?
Look at what is happening in Pakistan today. We are inundated with pictures of the devastation, consider the response to that disaster and information people have on the country and the region.
The media and Nigerians exposing the true reality of their condition mostly do so because they need help. I understand that your ego probably does not get that but when you do realize these people have a right to let the world know of their condition, right?
Another thing, it is not really about OUTCOME. Telling a story or of an event is mostly done to INFORM people of what is going on. Now it is up to the end-users to decide what they will with that information.
Need I mention once again that this story is not about the media? This is about ordinary people reporting what is happening as is to anyone who wants to listen to them

~Bluetooth:

my bad. . .i'm one of those that still see that shiothole called nigeria as a country and i've come to realized that until we address the problems of bad leadership and low quality governance,then we can't move along.it's has nothing to do with the poor nigerians on the street anyways ,don't mind me if i get entangled in my emotional opinion.I just can't stand it.this is what i want us to tell the world ''The whims and caprices of our leaders'' .why everything has been wrong with us since indepedence despite the huge wealth . .Why our government has no shame.

Well, the world already knows all this and reports on this daily. Even poor people have learnt to use their cell phone cameras to record the injustice and evil perpetrated against them daily in Nigeria and other countries where human rights and value of life continues to remain a joke. If we do not actively work on dealing with these issues, it is likely we will see more headlines on Nigeria and the problems people report of their own. it is simple 1 and 1.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ajalio(f): 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am a Nigerian living abroad, and do not experience whatever DISADVANTAGES you claim there that Nigerians do abroad.

So you can count yourself happy that you have not experienced any disadvantage. I know some contrary cases.

Now, to the case of problems with Nigerians living abroad, it is also HONEST to admit that it is not the case that we are all angels here. There have been so many 419 rings rounded up both in the UK and the United States that it makes no sense to still believe all the stigma comes from being a Nigerian. I have friends who have been questioned, some implicated in one fraud issue or another, all carried out here by some dubious individuals. So, I think again, HONESTY is the BEST POLICY in these things.

In no country you will find only angels no matter where the people are from. Every nation has its black sheeps. But this is not the problem. The problem is that the view of Nigeria shown by the media is mostly onesided ( I do not say that they are wrong with their reports) and this is one of several reasons for many disadvantages the avarage Nigerian in Nigeria have to live with. Things which are very normal in your and my life can be very difficult, not to say impossible for Nigeria's citizen. I just remember of a family friend who recently could not pay online the Travel Health Insurance he needed for his visa application or booking a cheaper flight ticket online instead of using an expensiv agent.Yes, there is frault and corruption in Nigeria and maybe on a higher level as somewhere else but there are millions of people who are honest, trustfull. People and families who are living a happy life even if it is maybe harder than yours or mine. People who refuse to be a criminal even if it is difficult for them to hold themself over water every day. This should be count and told too and not only the thousands of fraultster.

Secondly, that you see some beauty or choose to see ALL BEAUTY in Nigeria does not mean all people will see only that. See there are different kinds of people out there --- some only choose to see the beautiful shiny, while some others see the Shiny but cannot ignore the poverty and misery that surrounds them still.

It is not about to see only the beauty. It is about not to see only the bad. Both, beauty and bad paints the true picture.

Blaming the Media or people abroad is just a copout, and I know you claim to be married to a Nigerian, but I would suggest you go out to Nigeria to live for a couple of  months(make sure you go out and meet the people in their elements) to get a better picture of the reality of the country that people down there speak of.

Thanks for your advise but I have lived in Nigeria and yes I went out and meet the people in their elements, or what do you think where I have formed my opinion? I hope you have done the same.

Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Tochi3(m): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2010
@ kobo,

Thanks for the insight. If u really have that energy and time you can break it down; kindergarten style for those finding it difficult to see the reasons behind your points. There are still grown up kids here.

Nigerians and their hypocrisy knows no limit  undecided
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2010
☻ajali☺:

So you can count yourself happy that you have not experienced any disadvantage. I know some contrary cases.
I don't count myself lucky in anyway. I live in a country where individuals get to make their own future, which is more than most of us from Africa can claim would have been possible back in our home countries.
So, no, it is not about LUCK in the country I live in. Opportunities are out there for everyone . . . people either choose to grab a hold of them or allow themselves be carried off by the bad.

☻ajali☺:

In no country you will find only angels no matter where the people are from. Every nation has its black sheeps. But this is not the problem.
I am glad you said that yourself because this discussion is not about claiming there is a PERFECT SITUATION out there somewhere. This is more about tackling our current situation.
☻ajali☺:

The problem is that the view of Nigeria shown by the media is mostly onesided ( I do not say that they are wrong with their reports) and this is one of several reasons for many disadvantages the avarage Nigerian in Nigeria have to live with.
See, this is a big lie. I am a Nigerian and I turn on the same CNN that the people in UK, Europe, Most of Asia and Africa see. And I can tell you that that you have above is a HUGE HUGE LIE.
The view of Nigeria the media shows happens also to be that of the MAJORITY. So in a situation where the majority view is bad, how can that be considered ONE-SIDED in anyway?
☻ajali☺:

Things which are very normal in your and my life can be very difficult, not to say impossible for Nigeria's citizen. I just remember of a family friend who recently could not pay online the Travel Health Insurance he needed for his visa application or booking a cheaper flight ticket online instead of using an expensiv agent. Yes, there is frault and corruption in Nigeria and maybe on a higher level as somewhere else but there are millions of people who are honest, trustfull.
People and families who are living a happy life even if it is maybe harder than yours or mine. People who refuse to be a criminal even if it is difficult for them to hold themself over water every day. This should be count and told too and not only the thousands of fraultster.
Are you kidding me with that? lol . . . so you assume everyone out there believes that all Nigerians are crooks?  You believe the media only shows stories of dishonest Nigerians? Did you miss the documentary "Welcome to Lagos"? Do you even watch CNN at all cause on Inside Africa there are tons of reports on the innovative creatures in the same Nigeria? Are you just here to parrot the same old ridiculous CONSPIRACY CRAP that most have conveniently chosen to blame for most of Nigeria's image woes? COME ON!!
Please, may I suggest you please go to the BBC/CNN website, look through the videos and images on Nigeria, make sure to LISTEN to what is being said, compare it to the many videos on what is happening in America or any other country out there to see how what you said above is probably not fair at all.
In fact, go to CNN video and pick a couple of videos on there you believe are unfair to Nigeria and I will try to pick videos of the same of other places and then we can compare and contrast to understand if it is really the case that the media is ONE-SIDED when it comes to issues pertaining to Nigeria.

☻ajali☺:

It is not about to see only the beauty. It is about not to see only the bad. Both, beauty and bad paints the true picture.

Thanks for your advise but I have lived in Nigeria and yes I went out and meet the people in their elements, or what do you think where I have formed my opinion? I hope you have done the same.
The media only gives you information it needs to. If you want to see a fuller picture, it is usually YOUR JOB to educate yourself but expecting the media to tell you of the resources and the shiny stuff every time there is a news report from the region is honestly unfair expectation wise.

In essence, the media is not your messiah . . . it is not a way to get EDUCATION on any place on the planet. It is mainly there to inform you of goings ons in different parts of the world. You have to choose to educate yourself on the 360 of these places all on your own.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2010
[b]In no country you will find only angels no matter where the people are from. Every nation has its black sheeps. But this is not the problem. The problem is that the view of Nigeria shown by the media is mostly onesided ( I do not say that they are wrong with their reports) and this is one of several reasons for many disadvantages the avarage Nigerian in Nigeria have to live with. Things which are very normal in your and my life can be very difficult, not to say impossible for Nigeria's citizen. I just remember of a family friend who recently could not pay online the Travel Health Insurance he needed for his visa application or booking a cheaper flight ticket online instead of using an expensiv agent.Yes, there is frault and corruption in Nigeria and maybe on a higher level as somewhere else but there are millions of people who are honest, trustfull. People and families who are living a happy life even if it is maybe harder than yours or mine. People who refuse to be a criminal even if it is difficult for them to hold themself over water every day. This should be count and told too and not only the thosands of fraudsters .[/b]

That is the nature of the CNN media. It creates a greater shock-value in their audience when they focus on the the negatives as opposed to positives.
Nevertheless the most serious consequence of this is in the minds of a few US-based Nigerians who are constantly fed with these negative but ultimately lopsided reports.
These people end up with an amazingly jaundiced view of what is truly happening in Nigeria and ultimately this is reflected in their pessimistic posts and articles on Nigeria.
Clearly NTA and the federal ministry of information need to launch a concerted if not coercive nedia campaign in the USA in order to redress the information balance.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2010
There is a canard that says Americans are notorious for believing whatsoever their TV networks tell them, so it shouldn't be surprising that a lot of these US-based posters here hold such misguided views about Africa. This applies especially to the long-term residents there.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2010
@Ajali, I am seriously interested in you and I examining these claims to understand what is fact and what is just personal perceptions in all this. So, if you want to check the videos and show me what it is you claim to see in all, I will be willing to check it all out with you.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2010
tensor777:

There is a canard that says Americans are notorious for believing whatsoever their TV networks tell them, so it shouldn't be surprising that a lot of these US-based posters here hold such misguided views about Africa. This applies especially to the long-term residents there.

Are you normal at all? you are talking as if we do not visit Nigeria from time to time and do not have relatives or read newspapers from Nigeria. your juvenile posts are begining to annoy me.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2010
roflmao!!
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
bidemi12:

Are you normal at all? you are talking as if we do not visit Nigeria from time to time and do not have relatives or read newspapers from Nigeria. your juvenile posts are begining to annoy me.
Well the truth should be very bitter. But I have to say that your posts here about Nigeria reek of someone that has gone through serious brainwashing.
It certainly does not in any way represent the Nigeria we know which is an ecclectic mixture of the good and the bad
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2010
tensor777:

Well the truth should be very bitter. But I have to say that your posts here about Nigeria reek of someone that has gone through serious brainwashing.
It certainly does not in any way represent the Nigeria we know which is an ecclectic mixture of the good and the bad

you know what? it took me a while but i finally discovered what you are suffering from. you are suffering from the "oppressor syndrome". haven't you noticed that most people who see nothing wrong with the situation in naija are the ones who think they can oppress others with the little advantage they have. trust me you do not need much to do this. My guy, being a local champion will not get you anywhere.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2010
^^I'm not in the mood for exchanging words with you today. The only thing I need to remind you guys is that Nigeria is still a developing country, a young developing country at that. Of course there are infrastructural and governance issues. Nobody is denying that. If these issues didn't exist then Nigeria would no more be a developing country.
Nevertheless no true patriot should tolerate a scenario whereby Americans only get to be broadcast the negative stories and pictures, notswithstanding the fact that there are plenty of good things happening in Nigeria as well.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 11:57pm On Sep 21, 2010
tensor777:

^^I'm not in the mood for exchanging words with you today. The only thing I need to remind you guys is that Nigeria is still a developing country, a young developing country at that. Of course there are infrastructural and governance issues. Nobody is denying that. If these issues didn't exist then Nigeria would no more be a developing country.
Nevertheless no true patriot should tolerate a scenario whereby Americans only get to be broadcast the negative stories and pictures, notswithstanding the fact that there are plenty of good things happening in Nigeria as well.

and you have not named any good thing so far. That is my problem with your analysis. the bad have completed over shadowed the good so much so that citizens are shackeled from realising their true potential. when you live through a week without thinking you have to bribe your way into what is basically your right, or do not have to jump through hoops to get a job, or sleep with one eye open for fear of armed robbers, or fear of showing your wealth because you might be kidnapped, or cast your vote and be confident that you vote will count, then you can preach to me about good things in nigeria. Please dont list food, or tourism (which we have none to boast of).
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ziga: 3:48am On Sep 22, 2010
bidemi12:

and you have not named any good thing so far. That is my problem with your analysis. the bad have completed over shadowed the good so much so that citizens are shackeled from realising their true potential. when you live through a week without thinking you have to bribe your way into what is basically your right, or do not have to jump through hoops to get a job, or sleep with one eye open for fear of armed robbers, or fear of showing your wealth because you might be kidnapped, or cast your vote and be confident that you vote will count, then you can preach to me about good things in nigeria. Please dont list food, or tourism (which we have none to boast of).

Alright. . . Point taken. Lol. No good thing about Nigeria from your point of view. I know that is because somehow, you have escaped the harshness and difficulties of Nigeria, and you will try to deliver all of your family from Nigeria, and get them integrated into the greatest nation of the world.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by bidemi12(m): 7:09am On Sep 22, 2010
ziga:

Alright. . . Point taken. Lol. No good thing about Nigeria from your point of view. I know that is because somehow, you have escaped the harshness and difficulties of Nigeria, and you will try to deliver all of your family from Nigeria, and get them integrated into the greatest nation of the world.

missing the point as usual. also you have not listed any so far. why is it that nobody cant? i'm still waiting for something tangible. Anyway, check this out; good things are really happening. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-517107.128.html At this rate our children's future we are depending on is already wobbly.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 22, 2010
Honestly do I really need to spell out the positive things in Nigeria to a Nigerian?? undecided

People.Warm, hospitable, humourous, respectful, and dignified
Architecture. Very creatively designed homes and office blocks.
Vegetation. Amazing variety of flora and fauna
Busuness opportunities. Great place for merchandising all kinds of products.
Weather. All year round sunshine
Armed forces. Increasingly professional military with a great reputation for international peace-keeping
Entertainment. Great movie and music industry.

There are loads of other examples I could mention.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2010
[size=15pt]roflmao!!![/size]
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by ezeagu(m): 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
tensor777:

Honestly do I really need to spell out the positive things in Nigeria to a Nigerian?? undecided

Armed forces. Increasingly professional military with a great reputation for international peace-keeping

The truth:

tensor777:

Hmm, pictures of smiling village/poor people, or pictures of people in Mr. Biggs grinning in front of meat pie? Those are the options, I've checked.

tensor777:

Few. Ancient buildings, like the palace of Oyo, all demolished, but all the Portuguese architecture is intact. embarassed

tensor777:

I agree, but too vague, any country can do that. Maybe the Nigeria dwarf goat or hippopotamus would be more specific to Nigeria. (see Poland CNN iReport pictures for what I mean)

tensor777:

No need to answer this one. Straight Abuja, Lekki, VI pics of over the top architecture. undecided Marble will full CNN.

tensor777:

In some places, like Jos, this is a good one, but with Nigeria lack of town planning, insulated towns and grid lock cause intense humidity, and many people avoid cities like Lagos because of this. Picture of people sweating is not nice.

tensor777:

Armed forces is nice, although in 2010 alone over 600 people have died from things the army could have easily prevented, and probably helped not to prevent. . . . Their pensions are often delayed. They do a good job defending other countries. undecided Picture of tarted Nigerian uniforms, bashed vehicles and outdated ammunition aren't nice.

tensor777:

Terrible cheap VCD/VHS videos shot in 2 weeks. Music has copycat lyrics and beats are almost always directly 'influenced' by either Jamaican or (black) American music. No pictures, apart from those of shacks/shops housing stacks of VCD's with titles like 'Aki and Paw paw Part 7. . . disc A'.

tensor777:

You don't have any more to mention. I tried as well and I think others did so you did well.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:02am On Sep 23, 2010
I do apprecaite all the great Brains that have contributed to this thread and i wish some that have issues with their home country will change for better,

It feels good to know that we have thousands of Souls clamouring for the better change in Nigeria.

To the Cnn thumb up to you.
To the Optimistic fellow thumb up to you

What i have learnt so far is to appreciate people for the good they have done,maybe through that they might continue doing good.

Let all wish CNN continue showing Nigeria in Good Light to the Novice.
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2010
Re: Show Your Nigeria To The World By Cnn Ireport by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:18am On Sep 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

My comment made you laugh right? smart lady to the core,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Today In History: Major Gideon Orkar's Coup. 21 Years After. / Presidency Intensifies Efforts To Discredit Ribadu Report. / Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.