Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:24 AM

Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown (35137 Views)

Elderly Man Heaps Praises On His Wife As She Arrives From Work (video) / Yoruba Wife Showers Praises On Her Igbo Husband / Husband In Tears As Wife Showers Praises On Him For Being A Good Hubby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 13, 2019
vixpal:

You can use sliding tackle to wake yours

die biko

To chop burial jollof dey do me.. shocked
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by femi4: 11:39am On Apr 13, 2019
Nítorí Ọmọ, ó jìyà nílé Ọkọ
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by babyfaceafrica: 11:40am On Apr 13, 2019
asuustrike1:
Many fathers are disappointing
many mothers too
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by DukeNija(m): 11:43am On Apr 13, 2019
This one will listen to her mother over her husband.
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by greatagain17(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Na only woman dey get all d praises abi?

wetin do their father?

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by Xisnin(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
lies...how can. you say we have few exceptional father to be appreciated?... where did you get your stats?..we have bad parents simple!!!.. there is no prove that mothers treat their child better than fathers..you are just bias to favour your gender
Actually they do.
You will hardly find a mother that abandon or reject her children but we
have plenty of fathers who ditch theirs in favor of children made with concubines
or even just to punish a "disobedient" wife.

5 Likes

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by babyfaceafrica: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2019
Xisnin:

Actually they do.
have plenty of fathers who ditch theirs in favor of children made with concubines
lies...there are plenty mothers who abandon children
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by sademola: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2019
Recycled!!!! This happened how many years ago?
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by Pavore9: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2019
Olukat:

Fathers are relegated once a child turns adult!
Sometimes I sit and imagine the energy I'm putting in running my home
and wonder where fathers went wrong...It's sad!
Why not show your parents love for taking care of you,
why make it look like your mum was a baby mama shocked

Children are likely to bond with fathers who are emotionally available to them, it is beyond paying the bills. Laugh and play with your children, such are what sticks to the heart even in adulthood.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by luluman: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2019
Harrymig1:
A good way to appreciate a mother
Hmmm, father nko?
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by delivryboy: 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2019
Xisnin:

Actually they do.
Fathers dedicate their entire lives struggling and scraping the earth to provide the financial means for raising the family, they are in the army, on the rigs, police force, brick laying, farming and selling everyday of their lives. And because of work, they are hardly around the children so they are emotionally distant from the family, this long period of distance is what women latch on to create the attachment they have with the children. Instead of the women to impress on the children the importance of their father's toils, hence why he's not always around, they begin to hint that their father is seeing other women and that's it! Children hate their fathers for life. Today they say young men do not want to settle down and marry because of the financial situation of the country but many men may not be so willing to marry even in financial abundance because there isn't much to look up to in fatherhood these days, fathers have been portrayed as villain, cheats, abusers, brutes but fathers remain the pillars of the family unit no matter how much these now set of people called feminists want to change it, no wonder there are so many flaws in children raised by single mothers, they are filled with so much inadequacies, hatred and likely to make the same mistakes their mothers made and the unfortunate circle continues.
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by LadyJasper: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
Pavore9:

Children are likely to bond with fathers who are emotionally available to them, it is beyond paying the bills. Laugh and play with your children, such are what sticks to the heart even in adulthood.
You've said it all! This is what a lot of men fail to understand and it's what explains a lot of insecurities in most of the comments here.

1 Like

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
The way it is, all Fathers are deemed useless cos laslas na d Mothers go collect the praises. Thing is, Men labour for Women till the day they die...its just d way society wants things to go. Thats why Men die faster than Women despite having good genes and stronger bodies

Till the Day all Guys wake up and realize we live in a gynocentric world, no fvcks shall be given.
Amen.
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by kurupt1: 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2019
asuustrike1:

Many fathers are disappointing
very big lie......A lot of fathers are inspiring,just that people don't reason deeply enough to know the impact of fathers in their lives.
All these billionaires and professionals that take care of their families financially, aren't they men? undecided
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by delivryboy: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2019
Pavore9:

It is a fairy tale dream, more like Cinderella story to have a father who would bond fully with his children, the toils of providing for their development is greater than the need for bonding. Bonding without finance is equal to bombing, fathers are created to work, however form it comes, work takes a lot of time and energy, we live to cater for the children and their mother, sometimes it's easy, most times it's not. Fathers are also responsible for putting their foot on the ground and making some tough decisions that the children may not like so they gravitate towards their mothers who welcome them with her soothing mental breas tmilk making the father look so evil for making an unkind decision that would overall help the family. Mothers are not supposed to usurp their husband's position in the hearts of their children, they systematically occupy the children's mind space, by the time the father retires, the children are all gone both physically and psychologically. As we speak I'm typing from a drilling rig.
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
kurupt1:
very big lie......A lot of fathers are inspiring,just that people don't reason deeply enough to know the impact of fathers in their lives.
All these billionaires and professionals that take care of their families financially, aren't they men? undecided
Disappointing because many of them have neglected their responsiblities. Many do not have time for their kids rather they spend so much time in search for money. There is no bond between many fathers and their kids that is why many children are so much attached to their mother. Money is not everything in life. Many of those billionaires rarely have time for their kids rather they just splash money on them.

1 Like

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by delivryboy: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
asuustrike1:

Disappointing because many of them have neglected their responsiblities. Many do not have time for their kids rather they spend so much time in search for money. There is no bond between many fathers and their kids that is why many children are so much attached to their mother. Money is not everything in life. Many of those billionaires rarely have time for their kids rather they just splash money on them.
Sir/ma please look for the book titled "The Manipulated Man" written by Ester Villa, you would know why men are always underappreciated in life. Men are created to work for the woman and "HER" children until he dies.
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by varyo: 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
Good one!!! the mother must have gone extra miles for there.Worthy of emulationm

1 Like

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by Harrymig1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 13, 2019
luluman:
Hmmm, father nko?
They are one grin
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by Rosarie(f): 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2019
Mom I love u sooo much.
My mom is 2 in 1
I love u.
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by Rosarie(f): 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2019
delivryboy:

Sir/ma please look for the book titled "The Manipulated Man" written by Ester Villa, you would know why men are always underappreciated in life. Men are created to work for the woman and "HER" children until he dies.
is not true.kids see right through .book or not.
My mom tried sooo hard for we not to see my dad for whom he was but Las Las we knew.
My daughters love their dad more than me.
Why cos they see even at their tender age.so forget book

2 Likes

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by delivryboy: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
Rosarie:
is not true.kids see right through .book or not.
My mom tried sooo hard for we not to see my dad for whom he was but Las Las we knew.
My daughters love their dad more than me.
Why cos they see even at their tender age.so forget book
It won't be long before you begin to work on your daughters' minds so you can have a day like this bride. It's not because you want to do it, it's a woman's instinct to survive and position herself in the minds of her children in case of the days of old age, the children would unknowingly favor their mothers than their fathers, it goes beyond immediate parents into the extended family, they begin to develop more attachment for their maternal relations than their father's family. Google up "Parent Alienation" and see how it works and the majority victims. Sorry, you are not the reading type I guess.
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by Pavore9: 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2019
delivryboy:

It is a fairy tale dream, more like Cinderella story to have a father who would bond fully with his children, the toils of providing for their development is greater than the need for bonding. Bonding without finance is equal to bombing, fathers are created to work, however form it comes, work takes a lot of time and energy, we live to cater for the children and their mother, sometimes it's easy, most times it's not. Fathers are also responsible for putting their foot on the ground and making some tough decisions that the children may not like so they gravitate towards their mothers who welcome them with her soothing mental breas tmilk making the father look so evil for making an unkind decision that would overall help the family. Mothers are not supposed to usurp their husband's position in the hearts of their children, they systematically occupy the children's mind space, by the time the father retires, the children are all gone both physically and psychologically. As we speak I'm typing from a drilling rig.

It is no fairy tale, my father did it and that did not stop him from achieving so much financially which we his children are still benefitting from an adults.

Mothers' bonding begins prenatal, no matter how a man is struggling to provide his family, he should make out time for his children. Haven't you seen or heard widows who is single-handedly provided for their children but still had time to emotionally bond with her children?

Don't ignore the fact some men feel emasculated being emotionally available to their children, some prefer spending most of their free time outside the home to "satisfy their personal needs".

2 Likes

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by delivryboy: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
Pavore9:

It is no fairy tale, my father did it and that did not stop him from achieving so much financially which we his children are still benefitting from an adults.

Mothers' bonding begins prenatal, no matter how a man is struggling to provide his family, he should make out time for his children. Haven't you seen or heard widows who is single-handedly provided for their children but still had time to emotionally bond with her children?

Don't ignore the fact some men feel emasculated being emotionally available to their children, some prefer spending most of their free time outside the home to "satisfy their personal needs".
Women are and will always alienate their husbands from the children, it's the easiest thing they do, I have seen so many cases. And most children are unaware of the alienation or at least they realize when they are too old to change anything, when it's too late.
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by eyinjuege: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
delivryboy:

Mothers also toil and provide financially for their children. Even in those days of old, mothers went to the farm and grew crops to sell. In the present world, same thing still continues to happen. While a father will gladly go to the beer parlour with concubines and friends and spend his money there, a mother will ensure her family is fed first before even eating herself.
Many are not blind, and they see women toiling day and night to provide money the man of the house should have been doing. At the same time too, they are actively involved in caring for their children, feeding them, cleaning them up. I give salute to African women. That despite all the challenges faced from a patriarchal society, they have managed against all odds to still have it together.
I hardly ever see housewives anywhere around me. I see hardworking women everywhere in banks, hospitals, markets, even construction sites. These women are not working to slay, but to provide a better life for their children.
Men need to step up their game and emulate the women who are bringing money to the home, and still looking after their children. No be by mouth to be a parent o..

3 Likes

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by eyinjuege: 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2019
delivryboy:

Women are and will always alienate their husbands from the children, it's the easiest thing they do, I have seen so many cases. And most children are unaware of the alienation or at least they realize when they are too old to change anything, when it's too late.

You cannot be alienated if you are present in your child's life (actively present , and not as a figure head). I remember my dad waking up several times in the middle of the night to check on me when I was ill. He will touch my face/ neck to feel my temperature ( or perhaps to see if I was still breathing cheesy), I remember so many things he's done and being there for me when I needed it. Nobody can alienate me from him.
Your works will speak for you.
You cannot plant okra and expect to reap yam. Not possible. The work involved in planting each is different and so are the rewards/harvest.

3 Likes

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by delivryboy: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2019
eyinjuege:

Mothers also toil and provide financially for their children. Even in those days of old, mothers went to the farm and grew crops to sell. In the present world, same thing still continues to happen. While a father will gladly go to the beer parlour with concubines and friends and spend his money there, a mother will ensure her family is fed first before even eating herself.
Many are not blind, and they see women toiling day and night to provide money the manner the house should have been doing. At the same time too, they are actively involved in caring for their children, feeding them, cleaning them up. I give salute to African women. That despite all the challenges faced from a patriarchal society, they have managed against all odds to still have it together.
I hardly ever see housewives anywhere around me. I see hardworking women everywhere in banks, hospitals, markets, even construction sites. These women are not working to slay, but to provide a better life for their children.
We have so many bad mothers in the society. Money squanderers, philanderers and cheating women, some build houses secretly without the man's knowledge so tell me something else and leave out good mothers narrative out of our discussion.
Men need to step up their game and emulate the women who are bringing money to the home, and still looking after their children. No be by mouth to be a parent o..
It's unfortunate your father abdicated his duties for your mother. So sorry about that.Having said that look around you, for every woman in the bank there are ten men, for every woman in the army in the office, there are 2000 men, for every woman working on the rig, their are 600 men (I work there so I know). When women bring home money which they rarely do, it becomes so obvious and well orchestrated, men bring in billions into homes per day but it doesn't hit the news.
Your description of the father is the Nollywood superficial stereotype. Most fathers don't drink, most hardly have time for drinking as this is considered a luxury. This is what happens, when a man goes out to hustle and work in the most harsh terrains, the wife is at home making food with the money the man drops for food, it he stays late because of work, the wife begins to tell the children "your father is out there, I'm sure he has eaten by now not minding what his children will eat, oya my children take my own plate of rice and eat it, I'll go to bed without food, I'll just drink water" These lines sink into the minds of these children, endearing her to them and alienating the poor man who might not have eaten and may have been going through hell to bring home something no matter how hard it is. I have seen this in so many families. There is nothing in marriage for the man.
Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by eyinjuege: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2019
asuustrike1:

Billionaires are still better. In fact, most of them dont joke with their kids. However remember the billionaires are very few and majority are poor men. What excuse have these non millionaires got? Most of them (non millionaires) have working wives who still manage to care for the home and children. Why are these men not involved with their children despite having no serious hustle going on? Uou will find that in more homes than. you care to believe, the wife pays the rent, school fees, feeding etc. and yet still manages to look after the children.
You think these children are blind, and dont realise anytime they have a need and go to daddy, he always tells them "go and meet your mummy" . after a while, they stop going to meet daddy because nothing for show for his side. At the same time too, they dont see daddy come to their open day in school, look after them when ill, cook for them and feed them, etc..
They only see daddy when he comes back late, atimes drunk and starts shouting upandan trying to create fear/chaos in a home that has been peaceful before he came in to disrupt the serenity.
Until men start telling themselves some hard truths, the status quo remains the same

1 Like

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by eyinjuege: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2019
delivryboy:

It's unfortunate your father abdicated his duties for your mother. So sorry about that.Having said that look around you, for every woman in the bank there are ten men, for every woman in the army in the office, there are 2000 men, for every woman working on the rig, their are 600 men (I work their). When women bring home money which they rarely do, it becomes so obvious and well orchestrated, men bring in billions into homes per day but it doesn't hit the news.
Your description of the father is the Nollywood superficial stereotype. Most fathers don't drink, most hardly have time for drinking as this is considered a luxury. This is what happens, when a man goes out to hustle and work in the most harsh terrains, the wife is at home making food with the money the man drops for food, it he stays late because of work, the wife begins to tell the children "your father is out there, I'm sure he has eaten by now not minding what his children will eat, oya my children take my own plate of rice and eat it, I'll go to bed without food, I'll just drink water" These lines sink into the minds of these children, endearing her to them and alienating the poor man who might not have eaten and may have been going through hell to bring home something no matter how hard it is. I have seen this in so many families. There is nothing in marriage for the man.

I have been fortunate to have a decent father. I had an all expense paid education abroad, so he is a man of means. Yet, he was still there for ALL his children. I remember our first child preparing for exams to enter secondary school. Despite lessons by tutors, my dad still taught him ( though he was harsher on his first child than the others following) I remember me going to meet him to help sort out some mathematics problems in primary school. There was one green book for pry 6, that had very hard maths in it while I was just in pry 4, and he would help me with my maths.
My father is a man I wouldn't toy with anything concerning him, and I have been more than blessed having such a man sire me. He is a man who never jokes with his children. In terms of prayers, he's A1. In terms of finances A1, in terms of being emotionally available A1.
I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood with my father. Same with my mum, but I think growing up was made better by my dad.
I have these memories, so how can my mum alienate my dad? It's just not possible.

4 Likes

Re: Bride Showers Praises On Her Mother And Prostrates For Her In Her Wedding Gown by delivryboy: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
eyinjuege:

I have been fortunate to have a decent father. I had an all expense paid education abroad, so he is a man of means. Yet, he was still there for ALL his children. I remember our first child preparing for exams to enter secondary school. Despite lessons by tutors, my dad still taught him ( though he was harsher on his first child than the others following) I remember me going to meet him to help sort out some mathematics problems in primary school. There was one green book for pry 6, that had very hard maths in it while I was just in pry 4, and he would help me with my maths.
My father is a man I wouldn't toy with anything concerning him, and I have been more than blessed having such a man sire me. He is a man who never jokes with his children. In terms of prayers, he's A1. In terms of finances A1, in terms of being emotionally available A1.
I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood with my father. Same with my mum, but I think growing up was made better by my dad.
I have these memories, so how can my mum alienate my dad? It's just not possible.

We are both lucky to have great parents, mom and dad and I hope we can pass their legacies onto our children to love their parents no matter what the situation is. Remember parents are humans, with flaws, desires and challenges. I appreciate your insight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.