Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,715 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (74976 Views)

This Is The Type Of Woman Every Man Should Marry / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / Pressure To Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by 1Sharon(f): 1:08am On Apr 15, 2019
Jubilancy:
So people like us that's still searching hoping and praying should kill ourselves with B.P ?

I know right. Are we going to marry ourselves

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 15, 2019
SIRTee15:
Africans has a long way to go sha....
See what this one is discussing, an educated mind for that matter....
African youths will not talk of eradicating hunger or poverty in the continent....
They won't talk of creating wealth and adding value...
African young doctors won't talk of making STEM cell transplant easily accessible to millions of sickle cell patients on the continent....
It's all about getting married and having kids....
That's all they care about despite the investment in education....
Lord lugard was right after all- the African mind cares all about sex and procreation.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by chibuzorAbia: 1:19am On Apr 15, 2019
matify83:
These permutations would only end up depressing your psyche if you ruminate on them too hard.

Make money
Invest wisely
Leave the rest to the ONE that governs the universe.

"First Class no be who collect extra sheets ""

African mentality. Don't take a chance with the so called governor of the universe, follow the OP's logic.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by whitering: 1:31am On Apr 15, 2019
Those of you insulting the op would one day realize that what he has said is nothing but the truth.

Many are feeling bad not because of the write up but because of the reality on ground. Those hating should ask God to accelerate their turnaround blessings.

7 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 1:35am On Apr 15, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

https://etimes.com.ng/the-consequences-of-late-marriage-and-the-very-reasons-why-you-should-marry-early-if-you-can/

By Anayo M. Nwosu

LMAO. Your write up was well articulated but silly nevertheless. Your reason for marriage is centred around just having kids. This in my opinion is shallow of you.

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by safarigirl(f): 1:49am On Apr 15, 2019
truthsayer009:

Asin ehn, my bro. The thing tire me, foolish parents putting so much pressure on First borns.

That's how one Idiotic girl starting with "Saf**" in her name was arguing yesterday that Women in marriage is what make Men successful. Me that I know once you marry your life slows down by 85%. All the risk & opportunities you could take before is no longer available, you have to think of your Wife & children first.

Any man who doesn't get his finances right before marriage is forever doomed. He will die in Poverty I swear!
abeg talk the name well

See as my mind cut like say na me, only to realize I never even had this conversation with anyone grin

Guy, marriage dey slow down everybody life, be you man or woman, and once children come, forget all those dreams and hopes, cuz they have a 5% chance of being fulfilled, at most. Only a lucky few survive the rapture that marriage brings

13 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by kizyalex10(m): 1:57am On Apr 15, 2019
Who told u that he likes getting married late.the situation in nigeria have made it look so.d people who havent got what it takes to make their home comfortable and jst rush into marriage with jst hope.are d reason why nigeria is the way it is.is nt abt getting married. Is abt the ability to give ur family d best.if one can give his child a quality education and good life.do u think there will be touts who will snatch ballot box and take 5k to sell their votes?why do u think our northern counterparts happens to be d most under developed part in nigeria.they marry early and have so many wives littered here nd dere.making it impossible for d reasonable ones to out number them.constituting nuisance.u see a president win on social media but loose in reality because d other is banking on d mass illiteracy by d north.dats ehy d north hated jonathan for trying to enlighten their weapon

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Bianda24: 1:58am On Apr 15, 2019
In as much as your article is informative, your postulations can not be applied in all cases. It is good to marry early if you can but the reality is that not many will be able to do that. This is because of the economic situation. Many are well over 35 years of age and still had no job. One cannot marry in such condition. There are so many factor that can make a person not to marry early.

Besides, everybody is in his own time line, Obama retires at 55 , Trump started at 70. Nelson Mandela spent most of his active years in prison and still became South African president. Therefore, one should just do his best.

4 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Bianda24: 2:02am On Apr 15, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
Rubbish. Its better to marry at 50 and last till death than to marry at 20 and divorce at 21.
In as much as your article is informative, your postulations can not be applied in all cases. It is good to marry early if you can but the reality is that not many will be able to do that. This is because of the economic situation. Many are well over 35 years of age and still had no job. One cannot marry in such condition. There are so many factor that can make a person not to marry early.

Besides, everybody is in his own time line, Obama retires at 55 , Trump started at 70. Nelson Mandela spent most of his active years in prison and still became South African president. Therefore, one should just do his best.

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by openmine(m): 2:02am On Apr 15, 2019
wonder233:
yen yen yen... Obsession with marriage is why we are still where we are in this part of the world.
You will hardly see articles about how young people can attain financial freedom or at least survive in the face of daunting and grim economic realities.
No! It's articles goading them into marriage and reproduction to swell the already bloated and unkempt population.
Sometimes I truly wonder if this part of the world isn't cursed afterall
true!

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by fvck(m): 2:06am On Apr 15, 2019
starstaz:
Great article. Well researched.

I must confess this micro- jumbo resonated well with me. In some areas I so wish its me that do justice to this write up. I appreciate ur concoction as in our general local parlance in 100%.

My take away:

1) U know the subject matter very well as u said u have once experience the disadvantage of late marriage

2) The part that said ::: Men action gun is at best below 40 also tally with my advocacy

3) This advocacy must continue to be championed down down to the next generation. Ur ideas is unisexual as it is.

4) God bless u. cos u made my day. Richer.

Grammar fall on u
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by missyblissy: 2:13am On Apr 15, 2019
ednut1:
Bros life no easy as u paint am. Many guys are over 30 earning peanuts. How den go marry. Average mariage costs 2m plus renting and pimping house 1m don waka. grin

Look for a good woman not a slay gueen and start small. You must not have it all before you get married. Plan with a good woman in one bedroom apartment and see as your life will change for better.

The problem is how to find that one good woman that is willing to do this with you. Na money hungry women full everywhere. Bros i feel you but we scare sha!!! With God you will find her

A good hardworking woman oooo. Not the lazy ines that all they know is spend spend spend angry

6 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by GavelSlam: 2:15am On Apr 15, 2019
lefulefu:
its mostly illiterate ignorant parents dat jus depend on first born. these days there are who save and invest for the future.many of them buy lands with the money they earn from their jobs.some build hostels for students to rent and the money they make from these business they save and invest. and dat one about women in marriage is wat makes men succcesful na big lie oooo.there are many young guys cos of the rush into early marriage they have become stagnant in life. the little money they would have saved and used to go back to school to upgrade themselves acedemically or set up a business they will be using it to feed wife and kids.no progress in life and all will just be about feeding wife and kids.i know one guy who got married in his finals in d university.the guy read mining engineering but till date the guy is doing porter job in one small hotel carrying bags for customers while his young wife sells crayfish in d market to survive.if u see d guy now he looks so worn out looking after his wife and his two children.the little money he makes he canr use it on himself and if u see him now he now looks like a pensioner.a young guy oo.omo wen u want to get married as a man make sure ur finiances are strong cos if not ur marriage will be hell.

Why you dey bring your guy leg out na?
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 2:28am On Apr 15, 2019
wonder233:
yen yen yen... Obsession with marriage is why we are still where we are in this part of the world.
You will hardly see articles about how young people can attain financial freedom or at least survive in the face of daunting and grim economic realities.
No! It's articles goading them into marriage and reproduction to swell the already bloated and unkempt population.
Sometimes I truly wonder if this part of the world isn't cursed afterall

Go marry abeg! Time dey go

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 2:32am On Apr 15, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
So the very essence of marriage is having children? Marry when d time is right for u.

Go marry at 60 na! And that your materialistic culture that is always asking male suitors for too much wey dey make men to dey fear to marry, una better go change am, make we no dey born children we too old to take care of.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 2:33am On Apr 15, 2019
truthsayer009:

Please ma, kindly tell us what the essence of marriage is.

No mind am
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 2:39am On Apr 15, 2019
tete7000:
Rubbish and nonsense, created to cause anxiety in people. Let God guide your decisions. He can't take you where he won't be able to sustain you. If he chooses to make you marry by 50, stick with that, he is capable of settling the rest...

So u go pick your own aso ebi at 50+ abi? You better go marry,and stop justifying the economic situation as cause of delayed marriage.

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 2:42am On Apr 15, 2019
gonkin:

If the economy was easier what's to stop u from marrying after graduation. I graduated at 24 finished nysc at 26. Spent 3yrs jobless. Using my skills to earn then. The girl I was dating told me I was going nowhere in life and im taking her along. Last year I scored job that pays 6 digits, took one of dad's cars to step up my profile now looking for the eligible but many are taken . Still searching, so sometimes it's situation. It's not like I chose to be at 30s and unmarried. If I see my type and shes of the right frequency it won't take long.

No rush o! Just take your time. Na runs girls and ashawo full outside now o, including our university graduates and masters holders. Dem full badoo and Inmessage, even churches. Shine your eye o!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 2:47am On Apr 15, 2019
golddeejay:
All in I see in this article is a lot of 'in the box' thinking. Living life according to some archaic standard will only live you frustrated. The Op come across as the kind of parent that will advise his kids to "Go to school, get good grades, get a good job, marry early and retire at so or so year and let your children provide for you in your old age". No pun intended, you sound educated but with "rigid & programmed" thinking.

We live in a world with choices. Someone can decide not to get married or adopt a child/children or marry to same sex(where it is legal), work from home and other stuffs that are not according to your archaic programmed thinking.

You throw a lot of statistics to back up your points...like 1/400 baby dies at childbirth and so on. Again living your life on statistics will cripple you with fear, frustrations and the rest.

We are all different with different ideas and struggles
Making choices and planning your live or family is not always "one size fits all" or following the crowd.

I am not the one that rubbish other people's opinions but this is an offpoint.
BTW, I am married.

His point is valid and realistic whether u believe it or not. Leave story!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by golddeejay(m): 2:51am On Apr 15, 2019
Tunagee:

His point is valid and realistic whether u believe it or not. Leave story!!!
Good for you.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 2:52am On Apr 15, 2019
chemgee:
I just wish you know how Japan, Norway and most 1st world nations view marriage.. why do Nigerians place so much value on marriage/children instead of making life better?
marry on time... give birth to children.. feed your wife & children.. buy car/build house for your family.. after that you na die.
is that what God created black man to do?
why don't we think about space exploration, curing diseases, scientific breakthrough.. the whole world is entering the 4th industrial revolution, 9ja still dey dance BTW 1st/2nd, but yet marriage, religion is wat fills our discuss..
You can go ahead and marry without any source of livelihood, bring children into this world to suffer/beg(almajiri style).

I must try my best to ensure my children ain't brought up in this country, if I can't afford it I will do my best to ensure they're born aboard, at least to secure dual citizenship..

everything for 9ja jus dey provoke person

By the time u reach 60+ you go sha marry and born so your children can have dual citizenship!!
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 2:56am On Apr 15, 2019
SIRTee15:
Africans has a long way to go sha....
See what this one is discussing, an educated mind for that matter....
African youths will not talk of eradicating hunger or poverty in the continent....
They won't talk of creating wealth and adding value...
African young doctors won't talk of making STEM cell transplant easily accessible to millions of sickle cell patients on the continent....
It's all about getting married and having kids....
That's all they care about despite the investment in education....
Lord lugard was right after all- the African mind cares all about sex and procreation.....

Go marry at 60+ u hear?
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by ikorodureporta: 3:05am On Apr 15, 2019
All these na daydreaming cheesy

Me wey think say I go don marry abt 10yrs ago too

Life isn't a straight line graph

D only ppl I'll blame for this are those guys who have a lot, but remain playas like Wizkid & Davido, even without any kids to show for it, & those who does not like seeing their younger siblings' girl/ boy friends
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 3:05am On Apr 15, 2019
Frankiss44:

And who said you can't get married and 50 and divorce at 51?

No mind am! Candidate of old age marriage
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by doyinbaby(f): 3:08am On Apr 15, 2019
It is good to marry early especially for women..
However I will say women should not marry too early because you need some amount of emotional maturity to navigate through marriage
Having a peaceful relationship is important and paramount because many couples have children yet the marriage still failed
However women should know that it they wait too long before they get married it will be difficult to choose...marry when you can still select not when you will be forced to marry who you see

5 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 3:11am On Apr 15, 2019
DanXplore:

LMAO. Your right up was well articulated but silly nevertheless. Your reason for marriage is centred around just having kids. This in my opinion is shallow of you.
Its not shallow. We are not oyinbos. A typical Nigerian gets married to have kids
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Tunagee(m): 3:28am On Apr 15, 2019
missyblissy:

Look for a good woman not a slay gueen and start small. You must not have it all before you get married. Plan with a good woman in one bedroom apartment and see as your life will change for better.

The problem is how to find that one good woman that is willing to do this with you. Na money hungry women full everywhere. Bros i feel you but we scare sha!!! With God you will find her

A good hardworking woman oooo. Not the lazy ines that all they know is spend spend spend angry

Exactly! Men want to kill themselves cos they are breadwinners. Remember if u kill yourself, another man go marry your wife and take care of your kids. Who told u that you cannot both make things work as husband and wife? Start small and see how blessings will follow. Most ladies out there are not ready to manage with any man, hence putting pressure on the men who begin to fear to settle down. Marry a lady who would also support you financially and ready to start with you, even in a room apartment, and not all this hungry ladies looking for who to drop their responsibilities on. A wife should support her husband where he fails, she should cover him up. This is the simple principle, but our men go dey look for women with big yansh and boobs, and not the good ones that can build their future together. Men, marry early and seek a good wife who is not too materialistic, and who would support you financially, emotionally and morally. Most of our successful big men in the country today married early to their own wives who gave them all the support they needed, and also persevered with them. Never marry materialistic women!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Unrated900(m): 3:42am On Apr 15, 2019
OK

If we all married the girls at 18 as op claimed,then

Who will Marry the 26 year old mum then.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Champella(m): 3:45am On Apr 15, 2019
It is one thing to get married early. It is a different thing entirely for one to get married early and is unable to provide for his family.

As a man, I want to be extremely comfortable before I even think of marriage. I don't need to be worried about my children's school fees even if they tell me they would be resuming for a new term the next day. I don't need to be worried if my nephews, nieces and my children's friends want to spend their holidays in my house. I don't need to be worried if my wife and children want to visit my parents or hers. I don't need to be worried even if my parents, siblings or friends visit me unannounced.

What about children on the streets who had lost their parents or their parents are not able able to train them? Do you know that if every financially stable person is able to train one child at least to be able to stand on his or her own, the level of poverty and crime will reduce?

If anybody tells you to get married early, would that person be there for you financially if you have problems later in the marriage? Your guess is as good as mine.

5 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by AndLeo(m): 4:09am On Apr 15, 2019
Sure enough early marriage is better, but the truth is you marry when marriage set for you. Time has changed so life is not all about having sex and training children. Make money, be happy before you start bringing a child to this god forsaken world. In India, there is a group of people that charged their parents to court for bringing them to this world without their permission. Not everybody love the fact that they are in this world.

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by anochuko01(m): 4:12am On Apr 15, 2019
only animals should be living their whole lives just to feed, get an abode and reproduce. That shouldnt be the ultimate desire of humans.
If all you aim for is to work, build a house, eat and reproduce, have a rethink because you cant do it better than animals.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by SmartyPants(m): 4:24am On Apr 15, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
Rubbish. Its better to marry at 50 and last till death than to marry at 20 and divorce at 21.

Whatever will cause the 21 year old to divorce could still cause the 50 year old to divorce. Therefore, sense dictates that what the OP means is that, whatever you will do to have a successful marriage at 50, do it earlier.

He has even alluded to that in his last paragraph.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / South African Woman Poisons Her Private Part To Kill Cheating Husband (pic) / Oyo Landlord’s Skeleton Found In His Room 4 Years After He Was Last Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.