Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,368 members, 7,954,493 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (75533 Views)

This Is The Type Of Woman Every Man Should Marry / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / Pressure To Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
MissJoy29:

@your last sentence, you must think all private/home lesson teachers earn between 10-20 thousand a month, huh?
those who are priviledged to teach kids from very wealthy homes might earn more but then how many teach kids from wealthy homes. Even if u aspire to be a teacher then u should be a professional one not someone who read engineering in school and because of no work u end up teaching in one private primary school or teaching at home and d small peanuts u earning u want to use it to settle down and have kidsshocked with d lean salary u getting in dis nigeriashocked. Except the guy has a romantic attraction for poverty then he can go aheadcheesy.

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by MissJoy29(f): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
lefulefu:
those who are priviledged to teach kids from very wealthy homes might earn more but then how many teach kids from wealthy homes. Even if u aspire to be a teacher then u should be a professional one not someone who read engineering in school and because of no work u end up teaching in one private primary school or teaching at home and d small peanuts u earning u want to use it to settle down and have kidsshocked with d lean salary u getting in dis nigeriashocked. Except the guy has a romantic attraction for poverty then he can go aheadcheesy.
Lol....at least you get my point: not all private lessons are cheap. And you will be shocked to find a lot of people engage in it so it's not that they are few.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by 0neal(m): 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
franchasng:
fact.

Besides late marriage for a man start from 40+
For a lady it starts from 36+

If you are a guy, if u marry between 30 - 39yrs you didn't marry late but pls don't give birth to more than 3 kids.

If you are a lady, if u marry between 28 - 36yrs, you didn't marry late, but don't give birth to more than 3 kids!

Marriage of today requires finance unlike in the days of our fathers.

Back in the days, you don't need a TV, a flat, a mobile phone, a freezer, a generator, a fridge, a washing machine, etc to get married but today, if u marry without the aforementioned things plus a satellite TV+ subscription, your so called wife may run leave you or cheat on u.

Back in the days, it doesn't cost to get married, u don't need pre wedding shoot, bridal shower, baby shower, this shower that shower, big wedding, etc. Weddings cost less in the time of our fathers.

A man today needs a stable income to settle down into marriage. At least in Nigeria, you need a steady income of at least 150,000naira to maintain a healthy, average family of 3 or 4, now tell me how many Nigerian guys of marriageable age (28 - 37yrs) earn 150,000naira monthly

With high rate of unemployment and inflation, earning money has become almost difficult for many youths in Nigeria. Most still squat with friends, relatives or living with parents because no job, no viable business and those that have job are earning peanut that cannot take care of them fully to talk of taking care of a woman and a child.

Nigeria's situation is getting worse by the day, reason every youth is doing all they can to migrate out of Nigeria, so don't blame youths of today, its not their fault, our fathers who are the leaders failed us woefully; we the youths ought to revolt and send them packing and round them all and kill them; starting from the President to the LGA Chairman angry

Real talk man

in my Opinion, 2 kids God blesses a family with is enough, in our present times.

Man Know thy self

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by komodapson(m): 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
Raalsalghul:

There is nothing foolish about my statement...it's the truth.
Incase you don't know....the deadbeat I was referring to was my dad.
Our lives are different.
What works for A might not work for B.
I won't advise anyone from a humble background to get married so early.
At least have something in place for your kids...that's the most important thing.
Got an uncle that got married at 42 having built his house with another landed property in place.
God forbid if he dies today don't you think his kids whom are little by the way have something to live on.
I still insist whether 27 or 57, live a legacy for your offspring.

U forgot to add educational insurance, will held in trust, vacation trips....u said the truth BRI... Rather than increase poverty which is growing @ Geometric progression by d way of population increase...I'll rather remain single
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by komodapson(m): 11:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Your story doesn't depict the disadvantage of getting married late.
Rather it emphasizes what I've been screaming on Nairaland for sometime.
Folks should reduce the number of kids they have......Nigeria is overpopulated already.
Even from your story, one can observe the parents aren't good planners.
Why not have just 2 or 3?
Now the first child will dragged down with the needs of others
Who da Bleep gives birth to 5 kids?

Mehn...u must be an arsenal fan...you sound way too intelligent.... My brother, we need to discard some cultural app operations from our brain....The notion of "when you get married, doors will open".... Who dey for door wet no open am now...2ndly, the idea of giving birth uncontrollably.... U c a mechanic having 4/5 kids...baba... 2 is OK... Regardless of d gender....provided u can take care of dem....abeg, statistics has shown d population of Nigeria will double by 2050...wat will b our resources then, shey e go still b oil? When countries are investing in human capital....

#foodforthought
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Callmeibironke(f): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
what about those who are scared of marriage? Having to grow up in an environment full of divorced people
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Luminary1: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2019
GasAndOilTheory:
Can you see a tipical woman? This was her quote on this thread a while back
Then she said this today on another thread
funny isn't it?

Lol, cool

Bunch of hypocritical things.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by catalan15(m): 10:05am On Apr 21, 2019
You Have Spoken Well,Only The Wise will Understand......
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by jbblues24(m): 11:39pm On May 30, 2019
Tremendously good concept!!
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by barrydee(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2019
Ok
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by OlawaleBammie: 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
missyblissy:

Look for a good woman not a slay gueen and start small. You must not have it all before you get married. Plan with a good woman in one bedroom apartment and see as your life will change for better.

The problem is how to find that one good woman that is willing to do this with you. Na money hungry women full everywhere. Bros i feel you but we scare sha!!! With God you will find her

A good hardworking woman oooo. Not the lazy ines that all they know is spend spend spend angry

Pls wait... Are you married??
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by missyblissy: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Pls wait... Are you married??

Yes I am. grin grin grin
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by OlawaleBammie: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
missyblissy:

Yes I am. grin grin grin
hmmmmmmmm
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by missyblissy: 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

hmmmmmmmm

Don't loose hope. You see the woman that's meant for you.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by oceanized25(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Goddys:

You think your post is wise but you are ignorant if you think all there is to life is to have and train children.
i so appreciate this your input, well done...the idea of getting kids early, this, that is so tiring...i mean does using all your finances just for training children till you die worth the effort?

I am not seeing kids are bad or anything, as I am sure you are not too...but the over emphasis on it is crazy.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by OlawaleBammie: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
missyblissy:

Don't loose hope. You see the woman that's meant for you.

Lol, ooooohhh noooooo

Dat is not wat am insinuating ma'am, d reason i asked if u re married is cus of Wat u wrote up there.

I was like, is Dis girl real or she's just looking for attention from men to secure partner
if she's real, den is Dis how she started her relationship??
But I didn't want to write further Dat is why I said hmmmmmmmm.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Gidison: 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
I am of this opinion too..but somehow life events hs made me 34 .. I wanted to get married at 27.
Well if there is a slim curvy God fearing lady reading this..holla ..we can build a good family come 2020 wink
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Whyzaid(f): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
If you want to have peace of mind coupled with long life, just make sure you live a peaceful, productive and fulfilled life. Simple!
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Gidison: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
Whyzaid:
If you want to have peace of mind coupled with long life, just make sure you live a peaceful, productive and fulfilled life. Simple!
. How?Practically or spiritually? The Op gave a plan that will benefit 95 percent of the population.

Remember 'You gonna be way older than you think you gonna be younger"
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by missyblissy: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, ooooohhh noooooo

Dat is not wat am insinuating ma'am, d reason i asked if u re married is cus of Wat u wrote up there.

I was like, is Dis girl real or she's just looking for attention from men to secure partner
if she's real, den is Dis how she started her relationship??
But I didn't want to write further Dat is why I said hmmmmmmmm.

Looking for a partner No. Found mine missing rib. I don't depend on a man financially. I work and if I want anything I can get it. No matter how long it takes. Money is not everything. Some will say hell no not in this Naija as we speak. If you believe in him and his capabilities, then the future is bright. Yes he may be earning 50k salary for now you don't know if he will be a manager tomorrow and his situation will change for the best. Yes that's how I started and God my hubby loves me. He's the best. My best and if I have to come back again in anther life... I will find him. He's got my back any day any time and I gat his too.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Gidison: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
missyblissy:

Looking for a partner No. Found mine missing rib. I don't depend on a man financially. I work and if I want anything I can get it. No matter how long it takes. Money is not everything. Some will say hell no not in this Naija as we speak. If you believe in him and his capabilities, then the future is bright. Yes he may be earning 50k salary for now you don't know if he will be a manager tomorrow and his situation will change for the best. Yes that's how I started and God my hubby loves me. He's the best. My best and if I have to come back again in anther life... I will find him. He's got my back any day any time and I gat his too.
Lord send me this kinda lady
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by OlawaleBammie: 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
missyblissy:

This is intriguing, u just raised my eyebrows ma'am, never knew ladies like this still remain in dis age, Baba God I pray You find me one. I just need a lady Dat reason like dis,

Missyblissy I don't know if der is still one in d family, we never can tell u guys might share same qualitiesgringringrin

U re just wonderful, Dat man u called ur hubby is lucky, hin babalawo too stronggrin
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by missyblissy: 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
Gidison:
Lord send me this kinda lady

Amen!!!!!! grin
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by missyblissy: 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

This is intriguing, u just raised my eyebrows ma'am, never knew ladies like this still remain in dis age, Baba God I pray You find me one. I just need a lady Dat reason like dis,

Missyblissy I don't know if der is still one in d family, we never can tell u guys might share same qualitiesgringringrin

U re just wonderful, Dat man u called ur hubby is lucky, hin babalawo too stronggrin

Thank you. Sorry we all taken. All 5 ladies happily married!!!!. Don't worry God will grant you heart desires!!!. We dey oooo but the ones wey like money don overshadow us so before you will see us eh, you have search search. Like a grain of rice in a bag of beans!!!

The problem with this generation of ladies na greed!!! And I think home training too.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by OlawaleBammie: 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
missyblissy:

Thank you. Sorry we all taken. All 5 ladies happily married!!!!. Don't worry God will grant you heart desires!!!. We dey oooo but the ones wey like money don overshadow us so before you will see us eh, you have search search. Like a grain of rice in a bag of beans!!!

Lol,gringrin woman Pls stop getting me scared
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by missyblissy: 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Lol,gringrin woman Pls stop getting me scared

grin grin grin grin grin grin you will find your own. grin
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by OlawaleBammie: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
missyblissy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin you will find your own. grin

Amen, tanks ma'am

btw, I just dey farabale read one nonsense tori here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oyo Landlord’s Skeleton Found In His Room 4 Years After He Was Last Seen / Woman Dies In An Accident While Chasing Cheating Husband In Calabar / What My Wife Does Whenever We Have A Disagreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.