Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

What Are My Chances??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are My Chances??? (1621 Views)

Guys, What Are Your Chances Of Marrying This Kind Of Woman? / Which Of These Two Ladies Has High Chances Of Getting Married Before The Other? / What Are Chances My Wife Is Cheating On Me,can She Be Trusted Now,pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 11:57pm On Apr 13, 2019
I'm a Yoruba guy in my mid 20's.I love travelling and exploring new places that why i decided for my NYSC, I'll choose southern and Northern states alone having spent most of entire education life in the West. With God on my side, I was posted to Rivers state to serve my father's land there I found the love of my life.
I have always find it easy to rapport with different ethnic group because I bear it mind we're all Nigerians.

After my service year was completed, my favourite student, a girl in a school were I was a subject teacher introduced me to her elder sister. We got along and that was history today.
She hails from Eleme in Rivers state while I'm from Ijebu, one of the most popular Yoruba people in Ogun state. I have engaged in long distance relationship since then. I completed my NYSC and move down to Lagos in search of Jobs, while my lady schools in Enugu.
To cut my story short, my girl's family wants to arrange a marriage for her with a man in his mid 40's. Well like I heard he's rich and well rooted but a Baby father. Unlike me still a man of prospects...just got a new job. My girl is in her finals in school, we've had plans on how she'll come for her NYSC in Lagos. So we can cut short the distance. I have visited her in her school once likewise she has also visited me in Lagos. She knows my people and I have been speaking with her dad and mum consistently. But there was a function her dad wanted me to come for in Rivers state, which i couldn't make it due to the fact that I just got a job here in Lagos and I can't miss work because I'm still a new employee. Her father took me as unserious for not honouring his invitation, since then he's been advising his girl not to put all her eggs in one basket and consider that man closer to them unlike me who is far away.
The reasons for me not going was well communicated to my girl and she sees reasons with me. But my fear now is they've been mounting pressure on her about the aforementioned man.

What are my chances...?
We both love ourselves genuinely
Matured minds pls...

No Insults
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Holysucker(m): 12:23am On Apr 14, 2019
Boss,d only tin I can tell u in dis situation is to expect anytin and be ready for whatever tin dat will happen,be it negative or positive,but seriously my mind tells me u will eventually loose her if u don't act fast and do d needful.

But I doubt if u are capable of doing so coupled wit d fact dat u just got employed.well like I said expect d worst on d long run,but pray for d best.wit all what u explained it really shows u genuinely love ur woman.God help u in dis situation,itrust me i understand ur plight.dont really have much to say here,cos is a dicey situation.but whatever happens take it in good fate.

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances??? by EarthKing(m): 12:36am On Apr 14, 2019
Since you love her so much and sensed you don't wanna lose her. Find a way to plant your seed in there. They would send her to your house straight.

3 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances??? by vibbb: 12:43am On Apr 14, 2019
Having a bad wife is not an issue but having a bad in- laws is a calamity.

Oga, be wise. Focus on ur career, whn u ar fully successful you will select babe as if u ar buying okirika cloths in yaba.

5 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances??? by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 14, 2019
Her family not helping you out with things here shows you ain't too welcome... they're only after their daughter's happiness.....
You're still trying to put your life together, and with the pressure she's getting I doubt she'll be able to wait too long for you....
....SET your priorities, if you can't get married to her soon enough, I'd advise you focus on improving your life, and leave the choice for her to make...you cannot force yourself into a family that thinks they've got a better suitor for their daughter, if you force things now, more will be expected/requested from you by her family, and when you're incapable of granting such request or meeting up to their expectations, then a reminder will come of the better choice she would have made.
DON'T FORCE IT, I experienced similar thing sometime last year, had to calm down and let things play out itself, and boom, it didn't work out, but he's still not married to the preferred older girl from his place who his mum and family preferred....And I'm happy I made the choice of not fighting/struggling over his family's love and acceptance.

3 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances??? by Jcole1985(m): 1:28am On Apr 14, 2019
Ehya take heart.....If a certain Nwoko steals your girl,be happy for you will have plenty of Regina's in the future

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances??? by diablos: 5:01am On Apr 14, 2019
Afonja planning 2 steal a polished gal frm d south when his mother has kept a dozen bleached out, wrapper tying shapeless and odourous wife materials for him in ijebu grin

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances??? by anthonyuncle(m): 5:56am On Apr 14, 2019
it all depends on her. they can only mount pressure, but only her can decide

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances??? by Headlesschicken(m): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2019
undecided Never make plans based on a woman,there's every possibility that u would fail.

2 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances??? by united442(m): 7:19pm On Apr 14, 2019
vibbb:

Oga, be wise. Focus on ur career, whn u ar fully successful you will select babe as if u ar buying okirika cloths in yaba.

lolss..this comment jst motivate megrin
Re: What Are My Chances??? by united442(m): 7:26pm On Apr 14, 2019
Headlesschicken:
undecided Never make plans based on a woman,there's every possibility that u would fail.

this comment does not concern me but i will keep it in heart..grin vry important.
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
Holysucker:
Boss,d only tin I can tell u in dis situation is to expect anytin and be ready for whatever tin dat will happen,be it negative or positive,but seriously my mind tells me u will eventually loose her if u don't act fast and do d needful.

But I doubt if u are capable of doing so coupled wit d fact dat u just got employed.well like I said expect d worst on d long run,but pray for d best.wit all what u explained it really shows u genuinely love ur woman.God help u in dis situation,itrust me i understand ur plight.dont really have much to say here,cos is a dicey situation.but whatever happens take it in good fate.

It is well.

Thank you for contributions
I really appreciate, and I'll bear it in mind to expect the worst
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2019
EarthKing:
Since you love her so much and sensed you don't wanna lose her. Find a way to plant your seed in there. They would send her to your house straight.
I have considered that too, but getting pregnant before marriage has a lot of rites and rituals to be done for it...I no fit just do am, na why I bone that side
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2019
vibbb:

Hmmmm...you're so on point!
Thanks for your contributions
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2019
vibbb:

Loll, yes ur money can get u them like okirika, but it won't definitely buy u love and keep the heart from hunting over its lost treasure.
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
vikkimimi:
Her family not helping you out with things here shows you ain't too welcome... they're only after their daughter's happiness.....
You're still trying to put your life together, and with the pressure she's getting I doubt she'll be able to wait too long for you....
....SET your priorities, if you can't get married to her soon enough, I'd advise you focus on improving your life, and leave the choice for her to make...you cannot force yourself into a family that thinks they've got a better suitor for their daughter, if you force things now, more will be expected/requested from you by her family, and when you're incapable of granting such request or meeting up to their expectations, then a reminder will come of the better choice she would have made.
DON'T FORCE IT, I experienced similar thing sometime last year, had to calm down and let things play out itself, and boom, it didn't work out, but he's still not married to the preferred older girl from his place who his mum and family preferred....And I'm happy I made the choice of not fighting/struggling over his family's love and acceptance.

Hmmmm
So I should see how every thing will pan out...
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
diablos:
Afonja planning 2 steal a polished gal frm d south when his mother has kept a dozen bleached out, wrapper tying shapeless and odourous wife materials for him in ijebu grin

Why do you people use afonja as a dissing factor
Afonja is a name too...

Well for your info mama doesn't decide here, I do

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2019
anthonyuncle:
it all depends on her. they can only mount pressure, but only her can decide
So she's the one calling the shots... whatever she says
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
Headlesschicken:

So i shouldn't make plans with the lady i think I will settle down with...
Re: What Are My Chances??? by EarthKing(m): 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
Femziecarlos:

I have considered that too, but getting pregnant before marriage has a lot of rites and rituals to be done for it...I no fit just do am, na why I bone that side
. Hahah at I no fit just do am. I understand. but There are many ways to kill a rat without shading blood Sha.
Re: What Are My Chances??? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
Which side re u from in Ijebu. You come leave all ijb girls come hala south beauty grin grin
I sight you bro. If the lady in question loves you truly. There should be no problems. Like you remarked earlier yourself. She calls the sbots.

Which side re you from in Ijebu BTW? Im also from ijb too
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2019
EarthKing:
. Hahah at I no fit just do am. I understand. but There are many ways to kill a rat without shading blood Sha.

Wow..this sounds interesting but I'll love it if you're being SPECIFIC!
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
TheManofTomorrow:
Which side re u from in Ijebu. You come leave all ijb girls come hala south beauty grin grin
I sight you bro. If the lady in question loves you truly. There should be no problems. Like you remarked earlier yourself. She calls the sbots.

Which side re you from in Ijebu BTW? Im also from ijb too
Me I no sabi house o, but I know we're from Ijebu Ode
Re: What Are My Chances??? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
Femziecarlos:

Me I no sabi house o, but I know we're from Ijebu Ode
Irony of life. I live presently at Ijebu Ode at the moment tho Im from Ijebu North East Side.
How you no come take sabi house. Non of ya extended family dey love there?
Re: What Are My Chances??? by Femziecarlos(m): 2:46am On Apr 24, 2019
TheManofTomorrow:

Irony of life. I live presently at Ijebu Ode at the moment tho Im from Ijebu North East Side.
How you no come take sabi house. Non of ya extended family dey love there?

My pops is a superstitious fella...That's one major factor

(1) (Reply)

Confused / 24-year-old Gay Escapes Death After Defiling 4-year-old Boy (Photos) / Give Away To The First 100 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.