Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,948 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:37 AM

PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. (30842 Views)

Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students / University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture / Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 17, 2019

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 17, 2019
Can anyone help me with cash?
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by dheaven: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2019
Good lecturer
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Danwakae(m): 9:04am On Apr 17, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
GNS should mean General Studies right? Who does GST courses upto final year? 1st and 2nd level is enough

PETROLEUM TRAINING INSTITUTE, EFFURUN DELTA STATE. IS A POLITECHNIC

AND NOT A UNIVERSITY LIKE

FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE.

BE GUIDED.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by erifeoluwasimi(f): 9:08am On Apr 17, 2019
There use to be a lecturer in chemistry department unilorin , he won't tell you set questions buy if you don't know the answer to his questions and you set yours he will mark it as far as it's within his course outline. Can't remember his mamn though. Don't even know if he's still in the school. 2008set
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Moventist: 9:09am On Apr 17, 2019
GST in final year that's odd
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by AlphaStyles(m): 9:13am On Apr 17, 2019
Omor no to ask write consonant sounds and vowel sounds
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Free4tope(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2019
It is a trap. They shouldn't fall for it.

The lecturer knew what he was doing.

1 Like

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by urbobo20(m): 9:24am On Apr 17, 2019
When has PtI turn university
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by djphish(m): 9:26am On Apr 17, 2019
lol... some people will still ask their question and then fail the answer
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by tunize(m): 9:29am On Apr 17, 2019
udemzyudex:

Is A-Z part of the things he taught you?

You're definitely going to fail that course grin
That set question and answer part sounds interesting.
though something similar happened in my time though but this one na the lecturer fault because he gave us first year question to answer while in final year auditing last paper and we protested oh, school authority jst concluded we should ask ourselves questions and answer it my brother that day see exam hall change to dance hall with different dance move....(trust me the lecturer was not happy ooooh) Thank God ooh c.o for spread anyhow cos that course na iron.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 17, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
GNS should mean General Studies right? Who does GST courses upto final year? 1st and 2nd level is enough

You didn’t do entrepreneurship?
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by nams77: 9:32am On Apr 17, 2019
grayht:
grin
I like this your creativity grin

1 Like

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 17, 2019
toideve:
Best school in Nigeria. Underrated school!
That's true Sha, PTI is actually the best and most underrated school in Nigeria, when it comes to facilities, I don't think any school in West Africa come close, even nnpc shell n Chevron staff come to PTI to do training.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:33am On Apr 17, 2019
Naijagram:
Final year students of Petroleum Training Institute
University in Warri (PTI) wrote their first semester GNS Exams today. The lecturer gave them an open cheque to ask a question if they are not satisfied questions provided by him.
thats how a professor during my University days also behave. But if you set question for yourself and you got the answer wrong. My friend, just leave that department for him because he will fail you for another three years.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 17, 2019
mekybabe1:
The lecturer must be abroad trained.
Exactly, I know him personally.

1 Like

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by PROPHETmichael: 9:39am On Apr 17, 2019
kolafolabi:
I will just write a simple question; Write A - Z

The lecturer said standard and not elementary question.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by amliftedhigher: 9:43am On Apr 17, 2019
Point of correction. Petroleum Training Institute Effurun is not a university.
It is a training arm of the ministry of petroleum resources Nigeria under the supervision of ministry of petroleum. It is like a polytechnic but functions differently from polytechnic. The overall head of PTI is called principal and chief executive not rector or VC.
The equipments in Petroleum Engineering department alone will build a good conventional university. If you want the best for your child in Petroleum Engineering and Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering and Process engineering or Refining send him to PTI. PTI have majority of Oil companies workers in Nigeria. Oil companies recruit direct from PTI.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by amliftedhigher: 9:45am On Apr 17, 2019
Point of correction. Petroleum Training Institute Effurun is not a university.
It is a training arm of the ministry of petroleum resources Nigeria under the supervision of ministry of petroleum. It is like a polytechnic but functions differently from polytechnic. The overall head of PTI is called principal and chief executive not rector or VC.
The equipments in Petroleum Engineering department alone will build a good conventional university. If you want the best for your child in Petroleum Engineering and Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering and Process engineering or Refining send him to PTI. PTI have majority of Oil companies workers in Nigeria. Oil companies recruit direct from PTI.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by dikeke: 9:53am On Apr 17, 2019
toideve:
Best school in Nigeria. Underrated school!
Yea, good school for engineering courses. My nephew was there and presently works with a multinational firm that seconded him to a sister firm in Saudi Arabia, where he earns good money in dollars.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Originalsly: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2019
Hmmm....now I can see why most local degrees are so useless abroad. #6 the topic. For starters.... that is not a question. And what trap?...If you have no problem with any of the questions you automatically lose 12 marks. You must find fault and submit your own question or you risk failing. Is this a good lecturer?...or a lazy lecturer..whose real intention most likely is to select submitted questions for the next exam? Nonsense.... and we wonder why soooo many graduates can't represent their degrees.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by udemzyudex(m): 10:04am On Apr 17, 2019
tunize:

That set question and answer part sounds interesting.
though something similar happened in my time though but this one na the lecturer fault because he gave us first year question to answer while in final year auditing last paper and we protested oh, school authority jst concluded we should ask ourselves questions and answer it my brother that day see exam hall change to dance hall with different dance move....(trust me the lecturer was not happy ooooh) Thank God ooh c.o for spread anyhow cos that course na iron.

Lol.

Back then, you don't listen to everything your lecturer tells you when it comes to exam, you can listen to him if he talking about C.A grin

Imagine a class with up to 7 invigilators, I'm not even talking about external invigilators that will be walking around like soldiers.

If you don't read, Oga just lock up. grin

2 Likes

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by SmartyPants(m): 10:06am On Apr 17, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:
There use to be a lecturer in chemistry department unilorin , he won't tell you set questions buy if you don't know the answer to his questions and you set yours he will mark it as far as it's within his course outline. Can't remember his mamn though. Don't even know if he's still in the school. 2008set

If he never told you guys to do this... How did you guys discover that he would do it?

It means one bold person just decided to write his or her own question one day like that?

Interesting!
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by amliftedhigher: 10:12am On Apr 17, 2019
Originalsly:
Hmmm....now I can see why most local degrees are so useless abroad. #6 the topic. For starters.... that is not a question. And what trap?...If you have no problem with any of the questions you automatically lose 12 marks. You must find fault and submit your own question or you risk failing. Is this a good lecturer?...or a lazy lecturer..whose real intention most likely is to select submitted questions for the next exam? Nonsense.... and we wonder why soooo many graduates can't represent their degrees.
You are not making sense. PTI OND will earn you a in a multinational firm
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by JubrinElSudan: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2019
Chuvin22:

You didn’t do entrepreneurship?

Our Entrepreneurship courses were not GNS

Thanks for the heads-up
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Faithfulmartins(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by OndoRaph(m): 11:28am On Apr 17, 2019
Lecturer: Ask yourself a standard question and answer. Me: What does the acronym SON means? Answer: Standard Organisation of Nigeria.
Hope I asked and answered a standard question correctly my niggaz.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by erifeoluwasimi(f): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2019
SmartyPants:

If he never told you guys to do this... How did you guys discover that he would do it?

It means one bold person just There use to be a lecturer in chemistry department unilorin , he won't tell you set questions buy if you don't know the answer to his questions and you set yours he will mark it as far as it's within his course outline. Can't remember his mamn though. Don't even know if he's still in the school. 2008set to write his or her own question one day like that?

Interesting!
yes some one did that was before our admission. So they usually advice the new intakes about him during orientation. Some people did in our set too
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Damfostopper(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
hahahahahahahah awon werey lecturer
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by SirBunky85(m): 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
clive2u:
some olodo will still ask their selves questions they dont knw d answer like

Q; what is a standard question

A; i dont know
chain,see talent for comedy wey just dey waste

1 Like

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by toprealman: 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
That question will give you a maximum mark 0. The catch there is "standard question". How do you measure that?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

19-year-old Girl Who Graduated From University At 17 Lists Her Achievements / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Chief Zebrudaya Goes Back To School At 64 [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.