Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. (30651 Views)

Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students / University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture / Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by deltateam: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
Naijagram:
Final year students of Petroleum Training Institute
University in Warri (PTI) wrote their first semester GNS Exams today. The lecturer gave them an open cheque to ask a question if they are not satisfied questions provided by him.

Chai. Na man him be. My type of lecturer.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by bdchange(m): 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
Originalsly:
Hmmm....now I can see why most local degrees are so useless abroad. #6 the topic. For starters.... that is not a question. And what trap?...If you have no problem with any of the questions you automatically lose 12 marks. You must find fault and submit your own question or you risk failing. Is this a good lecturer?...or a lazy lecturer..whose real intention most likely is to select submitted questions for the next exam? Nonsense.... and we wonder why soooo many graduates can't represent their degrees.
I don't really get your argument. But what the lecturer did is commendable to my own understanding. He probably set six questions and ask the students to answer 3 or 4 questions in all. Then create an optional room for the students to score 12 marks freely if they can set a question and answer it. If not, then answer other available questions..simple as that... I will gladly set a standard question from one of the past questions i have come across while studying the course outlines...

1 Like

Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by mechanics(m): 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
GNS should mean General Studies right? Who does GST courses upto final year? 1st and 2nd level is enough
yeah, maybe their course content makes them do GST in final year.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by Originalsly: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
bdchange:

I don't really get your argument. But what the lecturer did is commendable to my own understanding. He probably set six questions and ask the students to answer 3 or 4 questions in all. Then create an optional room for the students to score 12 marks freely if they can set a question and answer it. If not, then answer other available questions..simple as that... I will gladly set a standard question from one of the past questions i have come across while studying the course outlines...

I hear you.... but shouldn't each point in a final exam be earned? Let's reason from your point of view.... if Student A does the exam proper and does not post his own question and answer... but scores 82%. Student B does the question and answer and scores 88%. From the results he will appear to be the better student because of the free points unknown to others that his grade wa boosted.by freebies.
Re: PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams. by elvision1(m): 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
Originalsly:

I hear you.... but shouldn't each point in a final exam be earned? Let's reason from your point of view.... if Student A does the exam proper and does not post his own question and answer... but scores 82%. Student B does the question and answer and scores 88%. From the results he will appear to be the better student because of the free points unknown to others that his grade wa boosted.by freebies.

Its not freebies , its the hardest question of all because it takes balls to choose to do so. Life rewards the bold. Can you take that step into the unknown??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N45m For The Family Of Electrocuted Oluchi Anekwe UNILAG Student As Compensation / Ekiti Moves From 1st To 23rd Position As WAEC Releases May/June 2018 Results / Photo Of Seun Egbeyemi EKSU Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.